Football Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Discothèque, Jun 9, 2012.

1. bannie

bannie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    look forward to seeing you next week at Etihad

2. TCS Kennedy

TCS Kennedy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamuramahiro
    Well, this hasn't been a good season for team buses... first Dortmund, now Man City.
    In this case, if this is a method that needs to be used to build an advantage against a team, a certain fan base should be ashamed of themselves... and I thought fellow Dortmund fans can be obnoxious in their ideals but wtf... you don't see Dortmund or Schalke 04 fans trying to torch their opposite number's bus.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/liverpool-manchester-city-anfield-team-bus-attacked-home-fans-a8289041.html
    http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-bus-is-damaged-in-fan-attack-outside-anfield

Then again, guess some fandoms never learn... I mean, Heysel Stadium anyone? Liverpool is on its way back to glory and then you get Heysel Stadium 2.0... would not shock me in the slighest.

Plus, seeing English fans trash Amsterdam earlier... whatever

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ranchu

ranchu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    I didn't have idea you had miss me so much LOL

4. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

I knew it, VAR is bad idea to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    so, Liverpool vs real Madrid in semi final? this should happen on the final

6. bannie

bannie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Think you missed the earlier post about Ronaldo mostly scoring goals against useless teams. Great player but nowhere close to Messi.

It is an open draw right? I havent been to this stage for 9 years now so I dont remember anymore lol. If thats the case I much rather draw Bayern and give Barcelona the enjoyment in beating Madrid before we smash them in front of Coutinho.

Football wise I dont think theres much of a difference between Madrid and Bayern tbh.

Of course this tie is not over yet. I expect us to be dominated at the Etihad. City is really really impressive tbh. Ive watched us play all season and we completely dominate possession against most teams its really amazing their level of individual and team play that we barelu touched the ball in the last 30mins or so.

Fortunately clean sheet. I think our counter attack is so dangerous we will score one away goal. Might be enough!

7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Barça vs Madrid in semi so we can crush those francoist earlier then give us Liverpool. It'd challenge Umtiti to cover Salah.

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I only miss people who are brave enough to post when their team has been beaten. I usually ignore the rest, they aren't worth my time.

9. ranchu

ranchu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    UEFA wants a final between Barça and Madrid, of course if Barça doesn't fail and loses in the semifinals;)

10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Madrid's dilema this weekend.

1. If they win against Atleti, it'd help Barça more because if Barça wins all next 4 matches, Barça would secure Liga title before El Clasico and Madrid have to give GOH on El Clasico.
    2. If Madrid don't win, Madrid can be down to 4th to make them have to play on UCL qualification next season.

11. bannie

bannie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    there is no UCL qualifying rounds for spain next season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Champions_League
    Group stage
    (32 teams)

• Champions League title holders
    • 10 champions from associations 1–10
    • 6 runners-up from associations 1–6
    • 4 third-placed teams from associations 1–4
    • 4 fourth-placed teams from associations 1–4
    • Europa League title holders

12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    So all 4 teams from Spain, also England, Germany, & Italy directly qualified? Surprised UEFA still value Russia over Netherlands.

13. Lt-weetabix

Lt-weetabix Kenkyuusei

In those first 30 minutes, Liverpool played amazing!

It really showed that City have a weakness against intense high pressure, something they simply refuse to adapt to. Usually teams aren't able to keep up that kind of pressure for so long because it is exhausting, but Liverpool were able to do it. Probably due to the atmosphere and the intensity of the game.
    Salah and Mane are world class players but they were so much more in those 30 minutes. Salah literally just became Messi.

City should of a got that away goal though, if the match had been 3-1, then it would still be 50/50. But failing to score away has probably fucked us now. It will probably be 3-1 to City at home with Liverpool going to the semis.

Atleast we got Derby weekend tommorow :chuffed:

14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    This has to be the best UCL goal ever. Dribbling through players of archrival team on their home.

if the video does not show watch the video here

15. bannie

bannie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Yeah the four leagues with the highest coefficients.
    Russia vs Netherlands is just coefficient based. If you win your continental games you put your league higher up the rankings and more spots in continental tournaments.

Yeah I think 3-1 at Etihad is a reasonable score.

Liverpool does high press very well, but at the cost of fatigue as you saw in the last 20-30 mins. Hope United wins this weekend.

Yeah Messi scores against Madrid and Ronaldo scores against Getafe lol

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  16. karles48

I guess they already came to terms with the fact that Atleti needs a miracle, and they are focused on the UCL, so I don't believe they care too much about the match...

17. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    there's now way Real Madrid didn't care with game against Atletico..we talked about Madrid derby, it's about pride

18. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Did you already forget about a goal that happened only 4 days ago?

19. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Is Juventus their archrival?

20. karles48

I'm afraid that allowing the most hateful rival to be nearer to win the cup and the chance of having to make the passageway when they play against Barça are part of pride too. And the hate they have for Atlético turns pale in comparison to the hate they have for Barça (after all, Atlético is for Real little more than Español is for Barça...a nuisance that seldom becomes a real pain...) so I'm quite sure that a lot of Real fans prefer to lose this time.