MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ikumai88888

ikumai88888 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Now im confused. They’re basing the 50% on the grand ranking and not on weekly, right?

2. Hiei Harukkusu

Hiei Harukkusu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satonanami
    Sounds like a Pinoy Telenovela-inspired IR analysis to me though. You must have been asleep while things unfolded in SCS starting in 2012. If only you realize that your argument ridicules the commitment of our ally in our MDT, you would not say that. Because that leaves PH with no plausible option than what it adopted now.

Certainly not, because it is a tradition.

Okay, this is the last. I won't comment on politics anymore.

3. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Weekly. Since Week 10, as they said.

Its basically HHE is content, ABS isn't. Probably.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    I swear I was trying to hold myself back but this is a mess the entire boat is sinking I feel like ASC or whatever they are called swallowed something that was too big for their stomach. They did minimum work, thought they were ready and now that the whole thing is launched they finally realized that they should have worked harder.
    Plenty of things should have been and could have been done better.

1) The introduction of the 48 group
    Whether they like it or not MNL is going to a be a sister group so they should have introduced AKB properly. They invited Team 8 right ? Well at the time they should have asked them to record some videos presenting the 48 group, explaining stuffs like the senbatsu system, talking about the records their broke, & how well are doing the other sister groups etc.
    It would have familiarized the general public with the 48 system and added some value to MNL48, they wouldn't have looked like a failed kpop wannabe group (i'm saying this because kpop is probably more popular there than jpop so teens are probably thinking that they are trying to create something similar) but like a future successful group.

2) The recruitment
    Non AKB fans aren't used to the whole "it's about hard work not skills" so ofc when they look at our girls they must be totally puzzled by their lack of talent & that's why they make fun of them so the management should have held auditions then selected 200 girls with a better ratio of talented/untalented.
    The whole one year self campaign thing was good (contestants did the hard work of promoting the show by themselves so no money spent) and they should have used it to cut the number to 100 participants then directly start the tv show.

3) The show
    Honestly I watched it sometimes but uh... It's kinda boring and the whole performance thing is quite repetitive. I already said it in another post but while the whole "let's see how the contestants are doing & ask them questions" can be nice if it's scripted there is no point. To makes things more interesting they should also have had the contestants do games & other activities à la PRODUCE 101, it would have shown other sides of them & makes things more lively.

4) The live performances
    They should have alternated between singing and dancing more often, only seeing dance is boring. Also for the singing parts they could have done what YG did during MIXNINE, he had the contestants in front of him in a line sing and would cut all of sudden the sound of all the mics except one to listen how that one single person would sing this or that part. It was unexpected and really interesting since you would stress about your fav contest being asked to sing something outside of their own vocal capacity.
    Having 16 members perform would have also been better, I don't think the general public is used to see that much girls performing so it would have helped them to get used to it. Also having 8 contestants being chosen thanks to votes and 8 contestants being chosen by their mentors would have been better, it would have given less popular yet talented members more opportunity to shine.

5) The familiarisation of the AKB songs
    Honestly it's one of the few things they are doing well. Using AKB songs for the performances wouldn't have interested the general public (you also have less chance of doing a viral performance if it's a song no one knows about) and the other problem is that it would have also familiarized viewers to the Japanese versions (and in general when we're used to a song being performed in a certain language when the artist switch to another it just sounds weird/bad to our ears, even if it's our own language).
    In my opinion using very frequently the instrumental version as background music is a good way to familiarize people to the songs while still not giving too much away.

6) The eliminations
    If they were planning to have the show last that long they should have eliminated less members per weeks, it would have given more time to get to know more girls and wouldn't have left the entire fandom clueless about where they are going right now.

7) The wild cards
    They should have selected the 7 most talented members from the eliminated contestants (having too many is dumb people won't remember them at all) trained them secretly, present them with some sad segment about how they felt about being eliminated when they hadn't shown all their abilities (to earn the sympathie of the viewers) then have them sing & perform AKB songs (to get the wotas in their pocket).
    Because right now the wild cards aren't a treat at all and most people are just being confused about why they are here.

8) The merch'
    They are waaay to simple (except the mug, you're doing amazing sweetie) and since MNL has no brand value right now I don't think many people outside of wotas (who are way too angry to do so) will be willing to buy them. If they didn't want to spend money on stylists then they could have held a contest for the designs. They could have also promoted their products by saying that the Top 3 of each weeks would sign a limited numbers of them or something like that.

Well anyway that was just my angry rant about how badly this entire thing is being managed I seriously hope things will get better or else we'll have to say goodbye to our new sister group even before its creation.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Enjoyed Faith's Showroom earlier. Record Breaking 1000 views. :blush:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. milkyuko

milkyuko Kenkyuusei

The whole thing is a joke. I dont know wtf they are trying to pull out of this. Still going to support sela and ash though.

Ace and captain. ✌

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Demetria

Demetria Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Wow congratulations to her! :blush:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

She said as an aspirant, she only receives less than 200 views until tonight. Probably because of the bottom 7 thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ellienokami

ellienokami Kenkyuusei

Not to mention she's also the very first to get a Tokyo Tower!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

and I just realized how significant that Tokyo Tower is. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

Hi Everyone, haven't been here for a while. Enjoying MNL48.

I just wanted to come and say I am mainly supporting Madie, but also Aly and Faith. But really love all the girls.

Looking forward to chatting with you all. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Good morning to you! ↑

Aria
    Ash
    Erica
    Eunice
    Jewel
    Joyce
    Lei
    Necca
    Sayaka
    Trixie

They are performing today on Showtime and Online Update.

• Like Like x 2
  13. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

Dude, I noticed you always posts stuffs here in mnl48 thread like 4 or more times a day. With all due respect, do you have some social life or work maybe?

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    It's out of topic. Don't even go there.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  15. honker

honker Kenkyuusei

They're not wildcards. They just made it look like but everyone is saying their names are missing from the Top 200 or previous MNL48 aspirants since Phase 1. Literally "secret" auditions.

Btw, just with the heat yesterday aside from the Challenger 7 issue, Yna, a part of the first 7 challengers has been a hot topic recently with all the worst issues combined in one aspirant namely having boyfriendS (with S because she was alledged to have 3 in 6 months time), drinks alcohol at the age of 16, and her facebook posts saying that she doesn't care about all the bashes coming at her. Can I have some opinion? I really would like to know the side of international fans since I'm doing a personal analysis on this.

Anyways translating her post:

"So there, my message request are full of bashing. Mind your businesses hahaha."
    "Whooo so many bashers. Ready set bashhh hahaha <3"[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

16. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    what's a Tokyo TOWER?

17. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    She will have to eventually care if she even thinks about getting in.

Almost nobody from Normie to WoTa alike don't feel it and have more reasons to keep the Bot 7 in the game.

18. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Well Yna got only 60+ votes, I guess exposing her paid off.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    30440732_1805011759557160_6614677186949414912_o.jpg
    The 4 out of 20 remaining girls will appear later

20. Demetria

Demetria Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Oh good Aria will be there later

Edit: I'm watching the online update and one of the hashtag hosts said that their actions was approved by AKS o_O

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.