Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. lkwreader

lkwreader Kenkyuusei

thank you, I see it now. Wasn't loading properly on my phone, but fine on my laptop.

2. charm

charm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    The website allows you to watch 6 minutes on mobile unless you are using the app.

3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I have to say I am a bit worried about Miichan this year because unlike the years before she hasn't been a senbatsu member for the last couple singles (Teacher Teacher and Jabaja) and I'm not sure she's had a lot of exposure recently. She was involved in her own play, I just hope that got her some (new?) supporters that will vote for her

Were you here in 2016? Katomina was constantly referred to as "NGT's ace" or "NGT's original ace" and a lot of pressure was put on her to become center for the first single. She was also the only girl to rank in the top 80 in NGT's first sousenkyo (obviously besides Kitarie and Yukirin). She wasn't center for a single, but she usually centered the AKB songs they performed (e.g. Heavy Rotation) and she got invited to AKBingo and generally got a lot of screentime in other shows (SashiKita Gassen, Niigata Friend).

Also, I know instagram or SNS isn't always the best source and I'm by no means saying Katomina is the most popular member in NGT, but she's the most followed NGT member on instagram which she's quite happy about and I think that's cute. She also themed her SSK poster around instagram

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I am considered new to the AKB48G fandom. Only this year did I consider investing into a Japanese SIM card and activating it when I go to Japan in October and signing up for the fanclub with the required mobile number.....ready for next year.

• Like Like x 2
  5. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]

hopefully i didn't plug in any wrong numbers

25 members not in this prelims that previously made it to last years
    making it 45 new comers, because the added 20 members
    and two vote ties
    39,018 more votes in the top 100 prelims this year

didn't realize there were that many eitos this year until i did this

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Yes, I was. I was aware that she was popular when NGT first created. She was one of the first girls (along with Okappa) that were pushed relentlessly by AKB management. They debuted in AKB before they started releasing their own single. While she was popular, she was never an ace imo. She bombed at SSK last year and the management quickly shifted their attention from her and Okappa to Hinatan and Ogiyuka.

I guess we just have a different definition of "ace". Ace, to me, is the FACE of the group and they have to have long lasting popularity..the first one you think of when you mention a group. Like, Sakura to HKT, Sayanne to NMB, Jurina and Rena to SKE, Yuko/Aachan to AKB, and now ogiyuka to NGT etc.. Her popularity was hyped but short lived. Who knows, she may very well re-claim her status as a favorite in management's eyes this year.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  7. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

okappa still got a AKB center b-side this year, looks like AKB likes her more than NGT
    but she does get to center those special sakamichi stages too, which is nice

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Ace is a stupidly vague term and anyone can stretch it to mean whatever they want it to mean. What is incontrovertable is that Katomina is NGT's original center and that is something she probably will reclaim someday.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  9. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Is she? Okappa centered NGT's first song (max toki).. shouldnt she be the original center?

Yup. But NGT's reps in AKB are now Ogiyuka and Rika, not Okappa or Katomina. Hopefully this changes. I like Ogiyuka and Rika but it'll be nice to see other girls represent their groups

• Creative Creative x 2
  10. ET920

ET920 Member

Best Election tweet ever, by Rikachan:

Rika was 46th!
    • Find oil
    • Befriend a landlord
    • Try hard at SHOWROOM ◀︎

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
  11. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Like, I know she's probably kuyashii-ing mad af that this new girl just stomped her twice in a row in prelim, but she should have bowed to the fans and smile a bit before throwing whatever tantrum she had lol. Unless she really believes that she will lose to her in the real result.

I actually think Ogiyuka fans went all out with the non CD voting methods during the first day. Like, it's not that hard to vote from those apps and online subscription since you don't have to do the unpacking and such. It's affordable too, since you can get around 15-20 votes per person for under 15k Yen (?). If there are 2000 number/device that Ogiyuka fans use to vote that way, she would already be at 30k-40k from non CD ballot votes.

Poor BNK tho, 4k+ is actually impressive when you consider their situation. They can only get votes from buyee and that's the regular/limited ed (1,524 Yen per vote + shipping charge) that they could purchase. Meanwhile in Japan, these people can get 20 votes from just one device for 10k yen. The English video should have mentioned that there are some apps/mail that receives international credit card payment, so they can garner additional votes for their girl (since from what I see they rely on the number of people).

I'm just happy that Legend reached her personal prelim best and ranked above the other AKB girls in prelim. The real result might be different but hey, she looks happy about it (she probably already knew that things might change so yeah).

Also, what Miss Isshiki Rena did exactly to snatch all of those votes? She's actually the most surprising senbatsu entry for me.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

look, people have tried to explain in this thread.

Jurina's and Sakura's fans just don't give a shit about voting like crazy for the prelim. Why? Because prelim means absolutely nothing. They are already famous, it won't help them in literally any single way. Ogiyuka has a lot of fans, and they went crazy last year to get her name out as a huge surprise. It worked, and she became more famous. And they probably think its their "thing" now, so they did it again. Thats it.

Unless you guys think it somehow took 8 elections for a single member's fans (out of 600 or so members until now) to figure out some crazy new feature/glitch/bug/etc. that allows them to vote more than everyone else, and then absolutely nobody else found it out in the entire next year... :fp:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I am not the only one who noticed her in this prelims lol. Renahyuu is actally the closest one SKE has to the cool beauty type everyone loves, as far as I know. Girl is really something in S stages (and Love Crescendo’s latest song especially). And she does pretty good HS too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    She's one of Love Crescendo? Hanshateki MV puts a lot of focus on Yunana that I didn't notice the others (except the major ones like Jurina, Ryoha and Rara). Is she the OG member or the additional ones?

15. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Additional one. I really think she and Ryoha should have double centered that song.

And according to AKB’s official FB this voting single has a record sale as they shipped 3 millions CDs in first shipment lol.

16. ToriMan

ToriMan Kenkyuusei

That's a lot of CDs that will probably end up in the trash.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Katomina (and other first-time rankers like Sakura, Orin, Sayanee) all had a pretty big gap between their debut date and their first SSK. Katomina got almost a year, while the other ones i mentioned each got around 6 months of doing stuff.

18. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    May I ask which browser? I’m using Safari or Google Crome and it shows me only six minutes. With the app it shows something in Chinese and it says WIFI. :^^;:

19. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    guess what? you're right HAHAHAHA
    i saw this @ fb it says "this is just the begining of the 3rd day and those cds started to fill the trash can all over japan"
    no6VeuR.jpg no6VeuR.jpg no6VeuR.jpg

Attached Files:

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls