MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    That is very well-written sir! Kudos to you! A must-share for *ehem* the bashers, the new converts, to the just curious, and international fans alike. :D

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
  3. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

No I didn't (the ball hit me squarely in the face), but it also didn't really bother me that much. I understand the reception of it was kinda mixed, but I can't really form an opinion of it so I left it out. :^^;:

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Charades and Shots of... Something for MNLaugh

5. Sakurabe

Sakurabe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu

if the video does not show watch the video here

Unfortunately, this video is unavailable in some countries due to copystrikes and we chose not to remove the content in question for the benefit of the larger international fan community. We have, however, made the soft sub file available through a link in the description box.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 8
  6. hypothalamus

hypothalamus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    hypothalamus_
    Don't worry. We'll upload all the episodes hardsubbed when I finish the Ep 4. :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. chikenlittle11

chikenlittle11 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    omorimiyuu
    after hearing the complaints of the parents/guardians of mnl48 girls from mnl48 podcast... i think the reason why the management is giving the official members and the trainees equal exposure and treatment is because they just want a successful event and preparing them for the future. the management was probably wanted a sold out event that didn't happen but still its was SUCCESFUL. so i hope there will be less speculation about that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Wait, what were the complaints of the MNL48 parents? And come to think of it, its very Filipino that the parents are so involved ^_^

And speaking of parents, did you guys see Ash' dad? He looks so young and can be mistaken as her brother or young uncle.

• Like Like x 1
  9. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Management succumbs to a so called PTA-ish podcast? lol

• Like Like x 3
  10. aisukurimu

aisukurimu Kenkyuusei

Idk about the podcast last night since I am pretty much hibernating because of the fanmeet that happened last Sunday.. but I am also curious about the tea that the parents spilled last night.

And about Ash Dad, I talked to him personally and yes he looks young despite of his age( he's in his late 30s) . He really is very supportive for Ash in MNL48.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Im curious about the parents/guardian complaints because there is always a gap between official members and trainees, even in other SG or AKB itself- equal exposure is totally impossible. Although everyone wanted to become successful in the future.

12. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Does this parent/relative-management sort of relationship of such, exists in other groups?

13. nuclearsoda

nuclearsoda Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    So the app just updated and here's a quick over view of what we have so far

1.A very simple home screen
    2.you have up to 5 oshis and pick your kami-oshi
    3.there is a paid premium membership and so far its only use are for exclusive photos and videos (special membership coming soon)
    3.you can buy merch from the app
    4.some features are still not implemented like the music tab and theater ticket reservations.
    5. Future events will be posted on the app.

Thats it so far for the app[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Flare S6 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    No [hehe] so far only MNL parents/guardian are.

15. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    This is so nice. But I do hope the updates are inline with iOs :/ hahaha I'm also just going to wait until they finalize what's in the 'premium' membership.

16. dunkindonato

I haven't listened to this podcast, but I'm surprised that the parents agreed to do it at all (there are no official MNL48 podcasts as far as I know). Airing concerns and complaints in public isn't exactly the kind of Filipino trait the Japanese are fond of, and it's HHE's Japanese management who will ultimately decide the direction of the girls' careers.

I'm not in a position to form an opinion as to whether the parents of the members should accept or reject fan invites to podcasts or interviews. But I also feel that this will be a hot-button issue once factors like pushes, appearances, good old favoritism, and other things that affect the girls' line-ups until the next election will come into play.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I hope they explained to the mnl parents in these podcasts that there are rules, like it is natural for girls in kenkyuusei to have less exposure than others, like for example, girls in senbatsu.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Come to think of it, wasn't it rumored before that the reason Erena Ono left the group due to her parents' meddling/complaining to management about how her career/place in the group is handled?

Too much parents involvement can be a bad thing for the group.

Some involvement and support though would be helpful :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. dunkindonato

It's not even just the kenkyuusei. Cess at rank 48 might not get the same opportunities as Sheki at rank 1 even though they are equal members in essence. Also, events that will invite MNL48 might request for specific members which can affect their popularity (I could see the more otaku members of the group get more invites to Japanese pop-culture events for example). More marketable members will also grab the most outside jobs regardless of rank.

I'm not sure about involvement, but I agree that a support system can be helpful. In my article yesterday, I did suggest that the immediate family members have a designated place during events, possibly even let the more senior relatives in early due to medical considerations. It's not standard practice for 48 Groups but I don't really mind making a few traditions of our own.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

We'll then have to prepare for another round of controversy in the next several months.

BTW, some members need not to show photos of the apartment exteriors, much like why most other 48G members take pictures only of their rooms.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.