Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Juju’s cat mouth smirk is indeed attractive asf

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Me reading all of the replies:
    IMG_20171103_093536.jpg

but seriously this year's post ssk is the worst ever in terms of fanwar, especially since both of them gained new fans from kpop stan hence made it became worse /sigh

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. giraffeyuki

giraffeyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Actually I don't mean on this thread only, but I stumbled quite a number of such remarks on other place/social media, being used seriously.

Btw, I used the words "Jurina criticizing Sakura", not "Jurina scolding Sakura".
    And I'm not arguing whether Jurina could choose better timing to do that, or whether she could choose better words to express it, and so on. Maybe she could.
    My point is, there are still some similarities of what Jurina did now and what Yuko/Sasshi/etc did in the past.
    And if those things were not enough to paint Yuko/Sasshi as villain back then (which is rightly so, well, nobody did that anyway), for sure it's also not enough to paint Jurina as villain now.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Gosh. This is the messiest elections ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    riripon one was also messy, but very interesting
    as it brought also sensitive topic like the love ban rule

this one? the gap between sakura and jurina is too big; enough to send a member to top 10 in sousenkyo, so some people need to reserve to stupidly cherry-picked rant

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    No thanks to Rika tho :^^;:
    *continue eating popcorn*
    I wonder what the people in Rika's lane said in post-SSK HS. Like "tell us who it is, it used to be one of us right?" :lol:

7. Iizuka-Tengu

Iizuka-Tengu Kenkyuusei

Well, if what she is about to say means that Nako should have joined AKB48 instead of HKT48 and Miku should be sitting back there with Yamauchi Yuna and Arimaki Misaki in the "cute, talented HKT48 girls no one knows about because there has never been a serious attempt to get them over" group...

Maybe not saying something so nasty and cruel is better.

AKB48 has lost way too many key members to "hey, she was seen talking with a boy somewhere! Here is a picture! Let's all attack her until she quits!"
    Really, idols have always been dating and it was so much more frequent back in the old days, the former idols have all admitted it openly. But in today's society where everyone has a high quality camera on them at all times, the difference is that it is so much more certain they are going to get caught. And people seem to go haywire over even the most innocuous relationship.

The fact that two very popular AKB48 members disappeared because they were talking with a former idol boy in a game center is probably the best example of this.

Now, granted, there actually is a very good reason to have that rule in place... they wouldn't want it to become a regular occurrence for fans to ask the girls out on a date, be turned down and then never come to events again. The girls need to have some excuse they can use to extract themselves from that which can be said to be out-of-their-hands.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    there are some pictures on her thread, and the man is actually good looking, sasuga nakai

9. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Yeah I know, I just wonder how the other regular in her lane feels, knowing it is one of them [hehe]
    But this discussion is for Nakai's thread. Hahaa. A little break from JuriSaku shipper above :D

Oh, and no one even mentioned the rap gig Ogiyuka pulled (or it is already drowned far back in previous pages)? Come on, that is one of the best moment in this year's SSK speech.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Look in Ogiyuka's thread.

11. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    While I do believe Sakura will not run in next year's SSK, in 2020 though, I think management will spin some narrative to have Sakura join SSK again. That is, assuming Jurina wins again next year without any close competition.

12. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

If you like that kind of thing, personally I find her smile a bit creepy.

If you like soy-boys I guess. If I was into guys I wouldn't be into guys with foofy hair like that.

When I heard Ithebigc talking about what Sakura was saying about it at handshakes ages ago I thought it was a mistake. If she'd built the base this year and then did the "last SSK" card next year then it would have been explosive.

Remember the Sasshi/Mayuyu fan wars on these threads in past years, I recall Mayuyu fans being really bitter tbh, where would this forum be without a bit of spiciness eh?

• Like Like x 4
  13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    You left out the part where neither of them were still popular even before that incident, and also that they were both underage and out way after curfew.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Can anyone tell what wtf is going on with Miku & Rika’s speech? also with the emergency meeting thingy.

This SSK might’ve been the most boring one, but the aftermath is amazing

• Like Like x 2
  15. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

The aftermath is way better than the actual ssk. [hehe]

It’s almost New Day vs Elite at E3 status. :awesome:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    i owe apologize with BNK fans, they really do an amazing work with makes Music and Cher got rank in SSK..
    i hope someday JKT member can get ranking too in SSK..someday

• Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    kenny and creed admit that it was a work, this is not
    and nothing beats kenny's burn

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    not gonna deny the salty sakura fans out there but it feels like there's just as much sakura haters as well. maybe i'm biased though. which side is more reasonable though is up to you, i would argue neither.

on the flip side while frustrated with third pretty happy for dasu who is my favorite member in SKE. love her huge smile in performances and must be great for SKE to get 1-2 at nagoya.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    A few pages back some complained about this "emergency" meeting but only talked about a segment (the number of members who xx)

So let me sum some of the good stuff up:

They talked about how back in the day, it was very important to get your name out by participating in tv broadcasts and etc but nowadays SNS has basically changed the game on how each girl gets their fanbase.

my opinion: from a cost-use perspective, its easier to do SNS stuff versus getting tv broadcasts and I'm sure AKS is saving money and utilizing the best way to deliver content to fans.

They talked about hairstyles and how the old gen had a distinct hairstyle like the takamina bowtie and acchan helmet and etc and how it factors into imprinting it to memory for fans. likewise with the advent of SNS, girls are now more flexible to their hairstyles and some fans even like changing hairstyles. okada nana said that her long hair look garnered her some fans but when she cut it short, she got more fans and more interests.

they were thinking of events to add or replace the current cycle of ssk-janken-rh but all of the suggestions felt like one off kind of events. someone wanted an olympic undokai just in time for 2020 olympics.. someone commented about team competitions (remember penant race?, yeah me too)

Megu was it? said that they gotta have more time to develop the new teams cause all the teams are having identity crises as there's like 10 different kinds of random teams doing some random stage. Churi then low key suggests for new stages as it will improve the identity of teams and get new narratives from doing new stuff. (wheres my promised new stages akipig? its been 4 years since your announcement)

the love ban topic had some interesting takes and we got a hilarious answer from miku combining the love ban and scandal topics into one giant burn: why be in the 48g if you are just gonna ignore the love ban and be in a scandal. the senpais protected the 48g's integrity and you just muck it up with a scandal (ouch the burn!)

the 3 new rules of the 48group:
    1. all members regardless of rank must greet each other and if possible do eye contact (proposed by shiroma miru)

lately the girls are just taking this for granted and its a huge thing cause this is a huge cultural thing in japan where courtesy is observed and this is especially true in the show business. there's a need to bring back the proper etiquette.

2. stop relying on the captains/leaders/senpais to buy you food or footing the bill (proposed by takahashi juri)

you'll understand why with the 3rd rule but i guess its a drain on a member's account having to spend money for the team lol
    funny story about how boss (tanaka natsumi) is a 1st gen but usually doesnt pay for the food when out with the kouhais as she is usually younger than her kouhais age wise which is some interesting stuff they talked about. kaotan says that jurina bank rolls everytime she is on even when its kaotan, jurina: "im first gen, you are 3rd gen" and then kao just goes "thanks for the meal" haha

3. improve the bento / food choices (proposed by ota nao)

oh poor akb their choice for food is meh and the girls are complaining and hence why that they rely on getting some food from the captains and leaders and senpais. hkt has some ok food. nmb is whatever they serve. ngt depends if rie or yukirin is in, they'd be more portions lol, stu depends on where their boat is moored they get that region's speciality. ske is the high roller, everything is catered and they have wishlists for what food they want that day and they usually get it. ske doesnt skimp on their kks too, food is catered for them too. lol

the shit ske48 gets for being a sister group but they are the ones feeding well and has the best fans and a local but diverse portfolio is funny.

• Informative Informative x 27
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  20. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

But will jurina and sakura “admit” that this is all a “work”? Hmm... :awesome:

• Creative Creative x 2