[GENERAL] The SGO48 Thread

Discussion in 'SGO48 News & Discussion' started by tgsk48, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
  3. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Of course because it is Vietnam, most of the nicknames are Nguyens. :p

It is interesting that some are obviously based on their names, like Ni Ni (Nhi) and others could accidentally be (Elena / Nguyen Le).

4. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The nicknames are supposedly for international fans and casual fans to remember them easier. Some Vietnamese fans are not happy with apparently foreign nicknames, but most of us are fine. You can call them by their original names too if you want.

5. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

It is weird when some members have Japanese nicknames, some have English nicknames, and the rest are Vietnamese. It confuses international fans a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Are you really confused over the difference between Mocchi, Yummi and Elena? Really? Think about it... a lot of people on these forums don't have Japanese sounding nicknames. Do you confuse us, too? ;)

7. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^NMB had Milky, AKB had Lemon. BNK has a lot; Mobile, Music, Bamboo etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Not trying to call you out, but people in general need to stop using the ^ sign. @ them or just click reply. ^ is obviously not the best option in the modern era.

9. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    ^I see no problem with it if he expected to be the only comment for a while.

But now that I'm throwing my name into the mix...well, I probably broke something. We'll stop from here lol :p

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    You can tell where their music/idol inspiration come from just with the nicknames really. And if it is confusing you can opt to refer to them all by their Vietnamese name (and Japanese for Yuumi’s case).

For the names themselves, I don’t want to bring up Kpop, but doesn’t Kpop have both Korean and English stage names too? And as everyone says many 48G girls have English nicknames or English sounding nicknames (Bibian, Lala, most of BNK, etc). We are also dealing with Japanese names, Indonesian names, Chinese names, etc accross the groups that seeing them in one group should not be much problem imo. It is a little messy, yes, but the general consensus is that it is for the sake of international fans because everyone keeps saying Vietnamese names are hard to remember and makes jokes on Nguyen48, and now people are not pleased with the global nicknames either. The girls will undoubtedly receive some backlashes from domestic fans because of those not-Vietnamese nicknames too. I don’t want to do finger pointing that its international fandoms’ faults or anything but if people cant bother to know about our culture more than the Nguyen48 they should at least understand what the situation is about and that the girls cant satisfy everyone.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Find the front girls of SGO48. [hehe]

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  12. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    lol They choosed frame with Korean's flag in the middle lol in very patriotic song lol may be they want to be part of S.Korea? anyway this is great for our girls, it's really a big start =)

13. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Maybe because the coach of Vietnamese football team is Park Hang-seo (He is Korean).

14. Krypton Radiation

Krypton Radiation Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuchenchen
    I watched a documentary that the South Korean government helps Vietnam to recover from the atrocities that the USA together with Monsanto made to Vietnam. However, the flag of South Korea should not be in that MV.

Anyway, I loved the song and I hope SGO48 will participate in more patriotic songs like this and show more Vietnamese culture to the world.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  15. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    The girls looks great! I really like Janie in particular.

Do Vietnamese people generally go by their nickname like they do in Thailand? (i.e. in Thailand, we have nicknames that are given at birth, sometimes officially recorded. This is the name we use throughout life and more important than real names. Real names are really only reserved for documentation purposes and spoken for comedic dramatic effect like someone's mother would calling out a person's full name with their middle name included in English.)

16. onego123

onego123 Member

The Asia Festival sure does explain why they're in such a hurry to debut these girls. Unless they all coincidently took dance, and singing lessons prior to joining SGO I think it would be best to set really low expectations since they've only trained for a month. If any of the girls are ghosting on here good luck, and remember to be yourself!

17. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

We do have those kinds of nicknames which are given since birth but they are usually used in family and kinda ... lame (well, my nickname means "winter melon" and i'm so embrassed everytime anybody call me like that). If anyone, even your relatives, call your nickname in public, it seems like they are mocking you. Most of Vietnamese people go with first name.

I - as a Vietnamese, prefer their true first names to their "foreign" nicknames. Hence, I really like those girls who decided to go on with their true name such as Anh Sang, Trung Duong, i think those names are so beautiful :))

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Awwww winter melon! That’s adorable. Don’t worry, such a name would be perfectly normal in Thailand. We have much stranger names here (a BNK rival group has a member called ‘Spam’).

I agree, I prefer the Vietnamese names too, they are beautiful. They’re not long and easy to remember if you put in a little effort. Or at least they’re not any harder than Korean names. I had trouble remembering Korean names when the K-Wave first started and now I find them so normal. It’s a matter of exposure and familiarity.

19. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

No, "winter melon" in Vietnamese isnt adorable at all lol I love it when my parents and relatives call me but not in public please. Anyway; still thank you for your kind ^^

In Vietnam, i think many people agreed that the Sino-Vietnamese names sound more "luxury" and beautiful than the purely Vietnamese ones, so, maybe some girls dont want to use their real names because of this. For example, Anh Sang is purely Vietnamese while Trung Duong is sino-vietnamese. And if there is a "Thị" in your full name, its totally a disaster (7 out of 28 girls have "Thị" in their names). I see a lot of girls erasing this part when they introduce themself. I believed that most of Vietnamese girls nowadays hate this "Thị" a lot. (Well, talk too much about Vietnamese culture, sorry guys)

At first I didnt want to join their debut event because honestly, i feel disapointed a lot, "thank to" their sns messes. But I changed my mind, Anh Sang and Trung Duong seem calm and i really like those kind of girls. At first I totally support Hoang My (Mochi) and I am really happy to see that she (might) become a candidate of SGO48 center, but seeing her go along with those "sns addict" like Mai Linh, Thuy Tien or Kim Khanh really affect my support to her. I didnt say that I hate those girls, just ... can not support anymore

20. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Soth Korea are the best ally of USA in that war. In that war only one country really huge invade Vietnam with USA (except Laos and Cambodia but this is another story) this is S.Korea, just because they hate communists. Also korean army very well known as who are famous for murder and mass rape of vietname's women, and still deny their guilt (same as Korea have with Japan which is big LOOOL)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War