[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    It's been a while, that last time I posted here I'm not yet a Daryll oshi.

Anyway, since the media partner seems to be doesn't care they should do a social media promotion instead. Watching IG Stories I regularly encounter several ads of some local indie bands and got to listen to 10 seconds of their songs. YouTube ads also is very effective, I actually 1st listen to La Vien en Rose from a Youtube ad since I don't follow Produce48 before. And of course Spotify Ads, I regularly encounter BTS ads everytime since I'm not on premium. Facebook and Twitter ads can be use for special announcement.

Question; Is social media ads more expensive than a large E-billboard in Edsa?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mogerus

Mogerus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I watched Umagang Kay Ganda (the "media partner"'s version of Good Morning America) before going to work and they featured a local celeb's baby eating broccoli. They showed that instead of the girl's Bangkok concert. And to think that MNL48 once performed "Pag-ibig Fortune Cookie" in that show. *face palm*

On the other hand, it looks like that losing a shoe has become MNL48's trademark of an energetic performance.

• Like Like x 1
  3. angelkinetic

angelkinetic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    I am not a fan of sheki....never believed in her being the center of mnl48...well...
    maybe being the center always have this ability to prove their critics wrong....

she nailed it in blue rose.... its like sheki breakfree in something

• Like Like x 2
  4. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    I think... ABSCBN doesn't have enough Segment Producers to feature MNL48. Or Idk really, my perspective was from way 2015-2016. Anyway I saw people comparing Zero MNL48 news to TNT news? in Twitter over the weekend and I guess, it just that, the segment producers maybe also find it hard to collect content for MNL48. TNT are ABSCBN (direct) talents and if they'll go anywhere, ABSCBN will sure also bring press with them / assign producers for them INSTANTLY. In MNL48 case/HHE case, they can either bring one ABSCBN writer in Thailand (AKS/HHE budget) or just have HHE employee and send reports to ABSCBN.

Maybe too, segment producers is still contacting AKB48 Asia Fes for (video) contents / copyrights? Or Shanda Games? But sometimes we just collect YouTube videos so, I don't really know about this.

I used to work with segment producers though I can't speak for everyone or for everything. One of their complaints before are lack of content so sometimes they just drop it (deadlines). Maybe we're not in the same department like TV Patrol / News department but I guess it can be a problem for everyone.

It's also either HHE might not giving content that quick or none at all (busy maybe). I know it's frustrating but it's maybe also the communication between HHE and ABSCBN. Maybe... MAYBE... ABSCBN "Media Partnership" also got... gold tier, silver tier etc., and HHE got the whatever tier that they just can only appear in specific shows. It's Showtime and Umagang Kay Ganda for now (they appeared in ASAP because of Himig Handog) and MYX (since they're under music industry)

It's always case to case basis. (MNL48 also holding 2nd gen auditions, theater/cafe opening anytime soon, 3rd single, general elections....) We just need to be very patient. I guess.

I'm also in the "why are the MVs is low quality" boat but I got maybes/what ifs too, let's be not one-sided, what if the entire agency is really struggling?

I apologise for a long reply/opinion. ^^"

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story in the Japanese press about the AKB48 Group Asian Festival that focuses on MNL48.

"The AKB sister group Philippines MNL which established a position in Asia is rapidly rising"

"Furthermore, the momentum is MNL based in Manila which was just born last year.

MNL, the debut single released in September "Aitakatta (meatatta)" ranked first in the music ranking. The 2nd single "Pag-ibig Fortune Cookie in December" also shot first place.

"The debut song monopolizes the 1st and 2nd and 3rd place including the coupling song in the latest Philippine chart, ranked in the top chart even in the music ranking of the famous music specialty channel" MYX. "In the Philippines, the cute Japanese type Idol group has not been familiar, but it is getting more and more popular. It was originally the singing skill of the members of the Philippines and sense of dance were highly appreciated to be said to be Asia No. 1. MNL48 theater under construction If completed, the possibility of a big break is high.

It is noteworthy whether MNL can also be a "national group".

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame/entertainment/1260913/

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Musica

Musica Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    I found something...

I got curious about this Carlo Manatad since his name is always included on almost every MNL48 post recently. And Sheki address him as "Sir" a thing that they don't usually do except to the Executives.

And I found this;
    image.png
    He is an Award Winning Editor and Director who won several awards here & abroad.

If you are skeptical if he is the same person, I searched for his IG account and found this;
    image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Ms. Anne & Madam Gio following him, and photo on the right is one of his film nominated in Cannes. I guess he is thanking the organizers on his caption.

And the most important is;
    image.jpeg
    He's following the girls including orn.

7. jukimai

jukimai Kenkyuusei

51165068_2049026105216700_3231092832945045504_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    With him joining the concert last weekend, it looks like we got MNL48 documentary hint? :^O^:[hehe]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jukimai

jukimai Kenkyuusei

Mon(SGO48) with Gabb(MNL48) 51392630_2319762894905359_8412121953808154624_n.jpg

10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Picture from Asian Festival from an article about the event in Oricon. It includes the set list (which we already knew).

09. Party starts / MNL48
    10. First rabbit / MNL48
    11. Excuse Maybe / MNL48

2128324_201901280260278001548647456c.jpg

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2128324/full/

• Like Like x 1
  11. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Getting hit by a flying shoe should now be an achievement to strive for...
    Get the Helmets!

12. AlexWulf

AlexWulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mogerus

Mogerus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
  14. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

The article maker must be a super anti-Nazi for even to report it. LOL

15. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I blame UP and the Communists.

So..who among the MNL Girls are a February baby? And what's great plan MNL shall under take now?

16. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Joyce, Kyla, Quincy, Yna

DyLEoGgUYAAGOVA.jpg

BTW, the registration will only last for a month "online"

17. nuclearsoda

nuclearsoda Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
  18. Mogerus

Mogerus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Jaydee teased about the third MV. Prior to that, Alice already confirmed that "Palusot Ko'y Maybe/Iiwake Maybe" will have an MV. Also, it'll show Team NIV, not the Senbatsu.

Also, they'll have a Valentines Mini Concert on February 17, possibly the launch of the new MV.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. miharuuu

miharuuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Do you guys have any idea how will the 2nd gen auditions go? I've been out of the loop lately and not updated with MNL

20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    High Quality First Rabbit from Asian Festival (with subs: Tagalog)

[blocked by AKS]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1