Single AKB48 56th [Sustainable] (2019/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Light the stage and truly good are highly subjective criteria. While good handshake results aren't necessarily the best parameter, at least its something tangible. And why assume the worst that those who are popular with wotas won't be appealing to the general public? Generally speaking, handshake queens in 48G were usually those who were popular with the public as well: Shinoda, Rena, Yamamoto, etc.

And was there really a consensus that Moeka didn't deliver? Personally I found it exciting to see someone new and young as center. There was nothing glaringly or noticeably bad with her performance.

And again, compared with KPop, the effort 48G is exerting in overseas activities much lesser. More of franchise promotion. Also, 48G seems to want to stay true to what J idols are and not copy KPop's leaning to robotic precision.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. rmn89

rmn89 Member

Yuiri is giving me Yukirin vibe tbh. the girl who just good at performing and being very perfect in every aspect of being an idol but not giving a damn about being the CENTER. which i find really2 attractive.

• Like Like x 4
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Is it too much to ask you to be more precise ?
    Not someone, not it is said, or whatever we aren't on a rumor gathering forum.
    About your statement, it's not just someone who talked about Yuiri's stage presence, but also the press (see this article ).
    Problem regarding the single: the girls were allready selected and were preparing for their 1st performance. The song was allready recorded and most likely in it's last steps of post production. So nothing could be changed at this point.
    Also, you still don't get the other 48 groups concept : "watch the idols grow". But for someone who has no interest in theater performance, this is not surprising.
    It's incredible that after 2 years on this forum you still don't understand the basics (or maybe you don't want to see ?). How ironic it is when you dared to be so condescendent toward other forum users.

It's not as if AKBingo (Sakura no shiori) or the janken tournament (Heart ereki) were never used to lift the veil on a single.
    What is the main target again ?

Past failed pushes are saying hello.

See 1st point.
    Can't you see that it's through these TV appearence (for the few AKB48 has left) and magazines that these "freshes girls" girls attract new fans ?
    Established girls get few from these nowadays. Yuiri being an exception, despite her long time in AKB, she's relatively new as a senbatsu member.

Once again, this is not Kpop.
    The theater isn't just a training room from where the girls are pulled out once their performance level is above 20/20.
    The appeal isn't only through super in synch performance with complicated dancing and astonishing singing. etc ...
    See you in 10 days ?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    This is why I said people who seriously believe themselves to be in a relationship with their idol. I think most of us have thought or imagined to be in a relationship with a celebrity, and I think there's nothing wrong with that, but when it comes to you believing that you actually own them and that they can't date and your affection for them lessening when they do date, that is too much imo.

It happens in western music as well, but to me it seems like the women are always the ones that are taking the blame for dating. Dating is normal and even encouraged in western music, but if a famous male celebrity ends up dating, the woman is usually taken apart concerning all her flaws (especially if she's not white) or it is said that they are leeching off the man's fame, etc etc. I guess women just can't win when it comes to relationships and the entertainment industry in combination.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Moeka hasn't performed in the theater in like 10 months (excepting the Anniversary stage), so even for those who do have interest in theater performances, where/how is she supposed to grow (or are we supposed to see her do so)? I think that's the main reason she doesn't "shine on stage", she hasn't been practicing in a real setting, isn't used to performing before an audience, hasn't gotten the feedback she needs to improve. I don't know why she's been absent so long, it certainly hasn't been a glut of "outside work" like for Yuihan or others. But maybe her injury from the middle of last year is still bothering her or something. Regardless of the reason, it makes her an unfit center.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Her oppai? o_O

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^She's 17.

• Winner Winner x 4
  8. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    That has not stopped her before as we know. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Wrong analogy. It's more like K-idol fangirls imagine herself with her bias (not to offense, but most of SEA fans are like this). Heck, some middle-aged JE wota (who are woman, of course) have kind of relationship with newer JE idols.

Have heard about Hana-chan?

It's more like collaboration between AKBG franchise, just like AKB Group Asian Festival. Not like some Kpop artist's collaboration with western artist...

Then can you explain to me (and all of S48 users) how could Hana became center of HKT's 2 singles back-to-back, instead of not only Sakura and Sasshi, but also Mio and NakoMiku?? (not counting Haruppi and Meru since both of them have centered singles before)

Black Pink and Twice have lot of fangirls and they don't have "delusional" relationship toward the girls, unlike Kai and Kang Daniel who have hardcore fangirls (and shippers).
    Seolhyun, when the news came, was not so popular anymore like her peak.

Which means extending the franchise around the world, not doing annual world tour.

Oh God, one of them lives in America and rarely goes back to Korea until recently :fp:

Her fishing technique?

10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Both are turnoffs [hehe]
    Well, mainly the second one, the first only because she blatantly uses them as part of her fishing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

No shit :shock:

d4c18929-s.jpg a363ad0c-s.jpg

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    @wlerin let's consider "watch idols grow" as a general idea. This can also works when they selected Yuiyui as Teacher teacher center.

13. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Is there really a worse than usual ranting/backlash against Moeka's centership among Japanese fans?

Since so far here in Stage 48, its pretty much just the usual ranting which is totally understandable.

14. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    There might be other details regarding this, but not selling out 9 slots after getting pushed as single center when she used to sell out everything after 2nd/3rd round seems like a silent but telling response. Social media backlash won't really hurt her, but declining sale might contribute.

Didn't someone who watch the entire thing live say that fans' initial response was also not that appreciative.

Mess, has she really not performed for that long? Why? Her school? The stage is hard? Yu freaking kirin performed at B stage twice recently. Is she somehow already busier than Yukirin?

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm not necessarily trying to defend her but I do have to add that Yukirin is a full time idol, while Moeka is still in school. And while they're on holidays at the moment, as far as I know, Japanese schools give a lot of summer holiday home work. There is also a possibility she might be looking to enrol at a university next year so it's possible she might be studying for something like that, too.

As someone that's just taken a break from university for a semester and worked full-time instead, I can confidently say that having a part-time job and studying to do is a lot more time- and energy-consuming than a full-time job. When you have a full-time job, once you're home, you don't have anything else to do. I'm sure Yukirin practises the dances and songs, but she probably does that at the theatre (and considering how long she's been part of the group, probably knows all the old dances anyway and even if she forgets some moves, has them refreshed quickly); but Moeka has to practise dance and song while also studying, and she's not as experienced as Yukirin.

Just my two cents on why it might be difficult for her to balance both things.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yunsua

Yunsua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chiba Erii
    If its because of her studies ,she could have just taken a small hiatus like Hiwatan or Maeda Ayaka ...just saying :fear: There's a lot of teens in AKB48 and they all manage studies and theater performance tbh :fear:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I actually searched for japanese people opinions about this. But of course not in 2ch etc. where like every AKB girl gets hate anyway. I searched in Twitter and Youtube. What I can say is that the opinions are very realistic, fair and expected for a new girl being put in center.

First you have the positives: people calling Moeka cute, a few said she looks like a popular actress (I think Hirose Suzu? Not sure. I guess it's the haircut LOL). Many people asking her name because they never heard of Moeka before since she's very new. There has been an increase of searches for her too and especially her singing videos increase a lot in views and of course she only receive praises for her voice. Lots of people are surprised to know someone can sing like this in AKB (tbh they need to watch the singing competition to know better LOL).

The singing videos:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Then there are mixed opinions. It often comes from the people who said "Moeka is cute but..." that's often how these comments go. The main criticism I saw is the one about her expressions LOL some say she has an amazing amount of expressions :lol: but many people thought she will be cuter if she does less, that she does too much. which is something I agree with tbh. Maybe she will read the comments online and work on that. imo the only necessary change is replacing the duck faces with smiles and it will be ideal. Her natural smile is actually very cute. This is one of the things that show how new she is.

Lastly there are the more negative comments who disagree with her being center. Reasons are like how it's too early for her or other girls are better suited.

Honestly I didn't feel like people were being mean or unfair to her even in negativity, from the ones I saw, it wasn't insulting or overly mad. I actually saw more mean and degrading comments in english. I don't doubt that there are japanese people who did that too but probably most of it is on 2ch which is where they belong tbh... I mean negativity and criticism is completely normal. I just think it's good to keep some limits before it becomes total hate or people going too far (I won't say it but some things I saw in english on Twitter was quite awful especially about a 17 years old girl. but it's a minority of people... still :/)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  18. kirri

kirri Kenkyuusei

I agree so much with this criticism. She is certainly cute, but imo her facial expressions are too forced. Too much duck face during the live performance, it's a little distracting. But I guess 48 groups is all about growth, so hopefully her expression will get better.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I see where you're coming from but most of the other teens don't hold a center position or are being pushed. None of us really know what happens behind the scenes.

And, at the end of the day, we don't know where the girls' priorities lie :^^;: We've had quite a couple of graduations due to "focus on studying"

20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

There was an explanation a few pages ago about how Moeka stop having gimmick HS since the previous single. So her sales are slower but you can't really compare it to very older ones. and she also probably lost some from the fans who were just curious about her but didn't convert to regular fans. Now she also had her issue in June and it's recent so there is that too. Her HS can only be compared to the previous single were she also had no gimmick. She did slow down though but considering all happenings, she's not doing bad. If we rank girls by who sell faster, she is still more or less at the place she was in last single. She's also on her way to have all slots sold out so she seems to do fine. So many people were thinking she will totally drop and get surpassed by many but it isn't the case right now... let's see future rounds and next singles, it will be interesting.

Moeka taking a hiatus from AKB when she got all that attention in her first year, called super kenkyuusei etc. #2 in singing competition, strong HS, successful solo concert, first photobook on the way... it would be crazy. You can't compare it to theater girls. Taking a hiatus from AKB when you do this well would be the worst decision ever... actually I was surprised when SKE's Maya who got in AKB senbatsu recently went on hiatus. and she didn't have as much attention as Moeka at all, but I feel that the timing is ruining her chances as idol since she was just getting all opportunities now, and I wonder if she can get in senbatsu again once she is back... AKB change very fast and it's very competitive. You can't ruin your chances. You don't get attention and interest of fans twice... especially not after a hiatus.

The other option would be to take a break from high school but I personally think that the members shouldn't do this and finish high school at minimum for their own good. So in result, it's the only option for Moeka to balance things even if it means not doing everything in AKB. I guess she will be done with school next year or the year after. Then we will see if she tries college but usually if someone is busy in AKB, I think they focus on it after high school. (Random but there was a time Rinrin was so focused on college and I thought AKB won't be her priority ;_; but eventually things changed and it made me happy how much she is dedicated to AKB in the recent years! But of course it's all a personal choice for their own life. it depends on each girl).

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1