Single AKB48 56th [Sustainable] (2019/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 22, 2019.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Are we talking about Renacchi? Just to clarify cause there's quite a few Kato's in the 48G [hehe]

2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    That's who I'm thinking of, and I'm sure that @StrayDogFreedom is also referring to her as he mentions her as being a top member. Likewise I've always considered her to be a top member but I remember my surprise at the first-ever event I attended 3 years ago when I noticed that her lane was one of those with a star for oshimashi, I'd expected her to sell out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Compared to the previous singles, the number is better.
    56th -> 553/4510 (sold out/total slot)
    55th -> 415/4779
    54th -> 510/4449
    *I'm using 6th round result

For Manaka, her number is better especially if she can sold out more than 2 slots after the resale round. Manaka was 2/28 on the 55th single after the resale round. Right now she is 2/29 (0/28 on the same 6th round on the 55th single).
    Naru was 14/36 on the 55th. She is 29/35 now. If that sticks, then it is a great improvement from her. Naru ended up 15/36 on the 55th after the resale.

For Miichan, if it would be a surprise if she can sold out even a single slot. There is probably something significant on that date where a slot (or more) is sold out.

Miion sold out a bit less than 55th single 8/40 vs 6/34. There is one thing to remember when looking at this number. Although in theory 8/40 is a lot more impressive than 6/34 (sold out more with more options) but on 55th single you have 2 Fukuoka HS and 1 Osaka HS which is a place full of kryptonite for AKB members. For 56th single you have 1 Aichi HS (which is in scheduling conflict for Taiwan concert member, thus Miion is not scheduled for that date) and 1 Osaka HS. So it is more like 8/25 vs 6/29. If you look it like that, then Miion result is about the same vs 55th single.
    [hide]
    The only members that wasn't struggling to sold out all of their slots in both location are Naachan. Yuiyui and Yukirin struggling a bit (especially Fukuoka) but eventually sold out all of their slots. After the resale, Yuiri ended up only sold out a single slot in Fukuoka out of 10 slots.[/hide]

The most interesting in the member that you've mentioned is Yuihan. Again, if that number sticks, it is a massive improvement for her. The last time she sold out a slot (not counting resales) was during Sentimental Train (53rd) single. She was 3/30(1) after the 7th round and eventually 4/30 after resales. This is thanks to the 12/23 HS date (Christmas HS. Yes, she, like many members, only have sold out slots on that date). From that to 12/24(2) is... well... interesting.
    [hide]
    There is a rumor, or more an uneasiness by her fans that she might not be in the group for much longer[/hide]

Renacchi number is normal. Without the 12/24 Christmas HS, her number would be 0. Her last senbatsu was Teacher Teacher, but as media senbatsu it was Jabaja. I'm guessing she won't have any chance to be selected for senbatsu again, even for big senbatsu, especially with the current focus on younger member. If I read some HS report, not specifically about Renacchi, some members that was known to be salty/not good are actually become better. The problem is that it is a bit too late. There are lots of competition in 48G so it is not easy to fish a fan back once he/she is leaving.

If you see any member with a low sold out number on this 56th single, you can be sure that the majority of it will be for the 12/24 HS.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    22/36?

5. Rurouni

The number I quoted is only until the resale round where all the HS dates were available. They ended up keep selling Jiwaru DAYS because there was no voting single thus the later result are not really usable for comparison. Although sometimes AKB do resale only for the later dates, but I believe they never reprint the CD, only selling whatever stock that they had left. With Jiwaru DAYS later resale, it seemed that they actually printing new CDs.
    *Also iirc, they were doing the later resale for 55th single after the normal time where you expect the next single would be announced. Fans wanted their HS and with no new single, they ended up buying 55th single HS, thus the 55th single final HS result is inflated and can't be used directly for comparison with other single HS result.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  6. Imperialdramon

Imperialdramon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanizaki Saya
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Aren't Tomu's handshake results improving? And look at Satone, Seina and Maho's. Will they get senbatsu positions as a token of chance?

8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    But those 15-slot rounds were a different and interesting perspective about their popularity.

Ever since her rank dropped in last year's Sousenkyo, Satone's sales have been quite good and she kinda deserves the senbatsu, but when we analyze these results we can't just look at the sold out slots. In this sixth round she's 10/26 (1), in the same round of the previous single she was 6/29 (1). It sounds like an improvement, but she also had more slots before, so maybe it's not as big as it seems.
    Seichan is 5/27. In the same round of the 55th single she was 1/30. Again, it looks like an improvement, but she had more slots.
    As for Maho, 5/14 (1). It's good and there's potential for more, but she only has 14 slots.

Are Seichan and Maho's sales good enough for a senbatsu? Check the sales of those AKB girls that are on the border between the senbatsu and being dropped, like Satone, Zukkii, Nagi or Naru (at least until this single, if these results are real). If they're not good enough to be permanent senbatsu members then those two are certainly far from it for now. Unless people start to graduate...

Tomu did improve. But @Rurouni will certainly have more to say.

9. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    just imagine how much more their hs will improve if they receive a bigger push,i say put them in senbatsu next single and we'll see even better results from them

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. xiumitty

xiumitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    BNK48
    I can't wait, the title already gives of a bit of a vibe, but you never know with AKB.
    The lineup is also very strong, so many members that i personally like too -- wow, can't wait!

11. Pluemkun

Pluemkun Kenkyuusei

This is great.! How about Yuirii at center and have Naachan and Yuiyui at both side of her in next single? I think that if next single is coming out like this, it would be a position that many people can accept.:flower: Yuirii is loved by both members and fans. There are almost no people who complain about her being center. Her handshake sale is strong too. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  12. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    Got ya. I'm afraid I don't know what that means, lol, I'm kinda slow on the uptake. I guess I assumed Mion would get good numbers based on her position in the group alone but it's interesting that that doesn't guarantee her anything. She's always seemed like one of the most upbeat members to me, I think I would devote some funds to her, were I to ever go to one.

Yeah I was referring to Renacchi, sorry! I'm terrible with nicknames, I got into AKB amongst non-akb fans so I didn't pick up on the nicknames until much later
    That's very surprising, I mean I'm sure it's exhausting having to do handshakes with tons of fans all day but I wouldn't have thought of her as a salty member or someone who didn't sell well. I do get the impression that she cares about the group and wants to be liked. I bet it's difficult to be an idol for introverted people.

Wow! That's a ton of info! I really appreciate the big breakdown. This is an interesting side of AKB that I never really looked into. Feels a lot like sports statistics lol.
    I didn't think Manaka was popular so that's a real nice surprise.
    Admittedly, Miichan really isnt' my my main oshi anymore and I don't follow her nearly as much as I did when I first got into AKB but it's really saddening that she is so unappreciated. Can't blame people for being choosy with their money though.
    I get the same impression from Yuihan, unfortunately. Obviously everyone hopes that isn't true of course but that would make sense as to why her fans are rallying.
    I assume there not having been an election this year for the first time in like a decade probably changed the handshakes up a lot

13. Rurouni

Interesting in isolation but not usable for comparison.

Yes. She definitely has a much better result vs 55th single. It is inflated a bit by ther 11/23 date which is very close to her birthday (11/25), but even on 53rd single which had a 11/25 date (Tomu birthday btw) it didn't sold out during the normal round. I feel that since she managed to get her weather forecaster license, it has been an upward trend for her. When she managed to get that license, she was everywhere on the news and was invited to few talk/variety show because of it. She is included in the tour senbatsu, Taiwan concert senbatsu, and of course coming back to being selected as senbatsu member for this 56th single (she was in 48th single, Negaigoto, before this one, not counting election senbatsu).

While checking the numbers, I noticed a bit unusual. Although the Christmas HS sold really well, it felt a bit lacking. Turns out that a lot of them actually have less slot than normal (including SG members). For example, Satopii normally has 4 slots/day. For Christmas date she only has 2 slots. Not seeing an obvious pattern other than it only happen with member with max slot between 2 to 4 slots/day (top HS seller normally have 5 slots/day). It doesn't happen to all member with 2 to 4 slots like it doesn't happen with Komi or Zukkii. Considering that Christmas HS is the most popular HS date, I wonder why they reduced the slot for some members? From AKB alone (including T8), there are at least 34 member that have their slot reduced specifically for Christmas HS.

One other thing that I want to point out is that since this year they skipped a single, it is possible that the better result for some members in this 56th single is due to that. Although better, so far it won't beat Sentimental Train tho which has the highest 1st day sales outside of voting singles, also with Christmas HS date.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. welp

welp Next Girls

Not necessarily the case.
    In fact, it is comparable to drama fans dreaming of being the love interest of a character in the drama. Nako passionately watched Boys over Flowers and fantasized she were Jandi (Tsukushi) being loved by Junpyo (Daimyoji) and nothing was crazy about this. She could realize it could be only fantasy and she could still normally function as a professional idol performer. Her fantasy did not distract her from learning new lyric and choreo nor interacting during fan sign and interview.

However, when it's the case of idol and fan, it becomes more complicated. What if a fan in his 40's uses Oguri Yui as his relationship fantasy? What if he dreams he return to his 20's youthful days and date her? Is it different from a middle aged woman watching a drama of adolescence romance film and imagining she be the lead female girl?

Even if this topic is discussed by psychologists, opinions must be split. Some will say as long as the person do no harm and can normally function in the society, it is okay. Some will say Lolita complex is wrong no matter what. This is ethical topic and not psychological.

Should it be the parameter to begin with? Should the center be the one who will light the stage, someone who is truly good, not just "good for first-timer"? Someone mentioned Yuiri was so charismatic on stage that she created some positive buzz after her performance and that should be the very qualification of the center, isn't it?

What is the place where the center is presented? Music shows on public broadcast, right? So, should not the center is selected to cater to the show's viewer, not just wota?

Most of times, it takes time for an idol to shine. If the agency gives up after failed 1 or 2 attempts, it can rarely succeed.

You incorporated Jurina in your username, you should have known Jurina addressed she wanted SKE to beat out the reigning 46 groups. What is the point of fresh face if that owner of that face can't deliver? Her lack of stage experience/dance skill showed. Non-fans won't care the popularity within the fandom or how long each member has been in the group ('coz they have no idea), they mind who can shine on stage.

Apparently, AKB and SKE have been planned to expand oversea. ("international market" was printed in AKB's press release. SKE has announce a collaboration with JKT.) This means the groups inevitably have to compete with K-pop, doesn't it?

We discussed different topics. There are 2 separated processes, 1) selecting who will be in the line-up and, 2) which member will go to which position. You discussed about 1) while I discussed about 2).

They surely have had the intention to compete with K-pop unless their international expansion means to just wait for K-pop to rot by its own.

You were not aware at all how huge the nature of 2 types of events were. While handshake is meant to create 1 by 1 exclusive experience between fan and idol, fansign is designed for zero privacy. Everything a fan does is in the eyes of other 99 fans in the event and other members of the group, not to mention freedom to film. In fact, AKS can modify handshake into a less romance encouraging event.

I have thought Okada does not fit bright cute concept since I watched first STU's mv. She stood out due to her lack of cheerful energy. I remember she centered River on a music show and I think she is meant for such style of songs (or slow pop-rock songs). Unfortunately, AKB releases such kind of songs no more. AKS should have waited to see how strong the affect of Yahagi's incident would be and to let her gain more stage experiences and dance skill to put her in the center. I said I had no idea on Oguri.

We discussed different topics. There are 2 separated processes, 1) selecting who will be in the line-up and, 2) which member will go to which position. You discussed about 1) while I discussed about 2).

Black Pink's release following KaiJen news sold even better. Seolhyun secured her CF queen status after caught visiting Zico. The affect of dating is not zero yet tamer in Korea. Twice's leader, Jihyo, has just been reported staying over with Kang Daniel and I expect a mild affect on the group marketability.

Mr. Jirath said in an interview that over 30% of BNK's handshake event attendees were female and AKS' executive was very impressed saying such ratio was anormal for 48 groups. Japanese TV shows noted IZ*One's fan demography oddly skewed toward girls.

AKS can keep doing handshake the way it has done for ages. Members' dependence on status single is only a big concern to the members and not AKS, who has other dozens girls to push.

"AKB doesn't need international market" tell that to AKS who, just few months ago, said the agency would focus on international market (and internet business).

If I remember correctly, Okada said she was bisexual. Taeyeon used to be very clingy to Tiffany and they often seen hanged out together that some Sones shipped TaeNy like religion. Look how the 2 are now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  15. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Light the stage and truly good are highly subjective criteria. While good handshake results aren't necessarily the best parameter, at least its something tangible. And why assume the worst that those who are popular with wotas won't be appealing to the general public? Generally speaking, handshake queens in 48G were usually those who were popular with the public as well: Shinoda, Rena, Yamamoto, etc.

And was there really a consensus that Moeka didn't deliver? Personally I found it exciting to see someone new and young as center. There was nothing glaringly or noticeably bad with her performance.

And again, compared with KPop, the effort 48G is exerting in overseas activities much lesser. More of franchise promotion. Also, 48G seems to want to stay true to what J idols are and not copy KPop's leaning to robotic precision.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. rmn89

rmn89 Member

Yuiri is giving me Yukirin vibe tbh. the girl who just good at performing and being very perfect in every aspect of being an idol but not giving a damn about being the CENTER. which i find really2 attractive.

• Like Like x 4
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Is it too much to ask you to be more precise ?
    Not someone, not it is said, or whatever we aren't on a rumor gathering forum.
    About your statement, it's not just someone who talked about Yuiri's stage presence, but also the press (see this article ).
    Problem regarding the single: the girls were allready selected and were preparing for their 1st performance. The song was allready recorded and most likely in it's last steps of post production. So nothing could be changed at this point.
    Also, you still don't get the other 48 groups concept : "watch the idols grow". But for someone who has no interest in theater performance, this is not surprising.
    It's incredible that after 2 years on this forum you still don't understand the basics (or maybe you don't want to see ?). How ironic it is when you dared to be so condescendent toward other forum users.

It's not as if AKBingo (Sakura no shiori) or the janken tournament (Heart ereki) were never used to lift the veil on a single.
    What is the main target again ?

Past failed pushes are saying hello.

See 1st point.
    Can't you see that it's through these TV appearence (for the few AKB48 has left) and magazines that these "freshes girls" girls attract new fans ?
    Established girls get few from these nowadays. Yuiri being an exception, despite her long time in AKB, she's relatively new as a senbatsu member.

Once again, this is not Kpop.
    The theater isn't just a training room from where the girls are pulled out once their performance level is above 20/20.
    The appeal isn't only through super in synch performance with complicated dancing and astonishing singing. etc ...
    See you in 10 days ?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    This is why I said people who seriously believe themselves to be in a relationship with their idol. I think most of us have thought or imagined to be in a relationship with a celebrity, and I think there's nothing wrong with that, but when it comes to you believing that you actually own them and that they can't date and your affection for them lessening when they do date, that is too much imo.

It happens in western music as well, but to me it seems like the women are always the ones that are taking the blame for dating. Dating is normal and even encouraged in western music, but if a famous male celebrity ends up dating, the woman is usually taken apart concerning all her flaws (especially if she's not white) or it is said that they are leeching off the man's fame, etc etc. I guess women just can't win when it comes to relationships and the entertainment industry in combination.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Moeka hasn't performed in the theater in like 10 months (excepting the Anniversary stage), so even for those who do have interest in theater performances, where/how is she supposed to grow (or are we supposed to see her do so)? I think that's the main reason she doesn't "shine on stage", she hasn't been practicing in a real setting, isn't used to performing before an audience, hasn't gotten the feedback she needs to improve. I don't know why she's been absent so long, it certainly hasn't been a glut of "outside work" like for Yuihan or others. But maybe her injury from the middle of last year is still bothering her or something. Regardless of the reason, it makes her an unfit center.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Her oppai? o_O

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1