Single Nogizaka46 24th [Yoakemade Tsuyogaranakutemoii] (2019/09/04)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by halcyon, Jul 3, 2019.

1. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    @Seditious85 It's a bit of a psychological thing as well. There are people reacting negatively because the outcome doesn't match preconceived notions on what they had expected. The opposite is also true, and there are people who are "pleasantly surprised" by what is eventually presented to them. That's the beauty of everyone being their own person, and having their own opinions on things.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    You'd be surprised by how many time something thats completely "unrelated" to the song can and have actually change people perseption of a song. One that stick out in my mind is when Linkin Park release the song "Heavy", people hated it, saying things like its the worst song in the band history and being a "sellout", because it sounded like a pop song. But after Chester Bennington's death (which is not long after the album release) people started to say that its a great song and they love it. Yes, the song doesn't change with the addition of a music video, but its the perseption of the song that changed.

3. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    What I like:
    - there's different locations, I like seeing girls in different places doing different things and not just them dancings.

What I don't like:
    - all these random people during the choreo
    - you can barely see most of the girls on the 3rd row.
    - those "hey" of the song seem ever more out of place with a video like this.

Somehow that MV seems that is lacking on something, I think the concept could've be done better. Seems a bit rushed.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  4. Naacha97

Naacha97 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimanatsuki
    For me this song is better than sing out but its not the best one. A bit dissapointed that the mv turn out like that. I honestly kind of missing nogi story based mv. The last one was kaerimichi. Its just me that think the image of sakura that management want is kind of like nanase.

5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Consider learning styles. Some people are visual, some aural, some kinetic. People have different preferences and capacities to absorb information in different ways. Perhaps music is the same. Some people don't like songs they can't dance to, some people can appreciate music from seeing it written down without necessarily hearing it. The MV can stimulate senses other than our ears.

People who like to dance, or at least tap their feet, clap their hands, bop their heads, etc. might appreciate seeing the dance. I personally think that someone who hasn't seen the dance for Synchronicity (and to a lesser extent other Nogizaka songs) hasn't experienced the full package and everything the song has to offer, even though it's obviously not part of the song itself.

Story MVs can also trigger an emotional connection to people the same way lyrics can. Sure, it's not part of the music, but when you properly listen to the lyrics (or, in the case of some J-idol fans, see the translations) that can definitely increase your appreciation of a song. Even if you don't listen to the song while you read the lyrics, that knowledge can make you like it more.

And, also, there's the obvious factor that they've just listened to the song more. That can change a lot of people's opinions.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Seeing Asuka in the bathtub with all the makeup on her face is like... NANI? :^^;:

7. warubii

warubii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    warubii666
    The MV is very nice! The song tho... I'm not gagging.

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Disappointed in both song and video.

The verses in the song are almost melody-less and turn into mumbling words.
    And then it picks up for the chorus and this one is ruined by those HEY! HEY! in the background.
    Ugg.

The PV is too repetitive to watch more than once.

Meh.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    I was expecting something more but I guess this is how it is.

When I heard the song, I felt that "hey" really was out of place yet I still believed that that part was significant to the MV but no.
    Though, the message of the song and the MV does coincide but I would prefer if they add more story-telling and context to the MV.
    As for the cinematography, it's great as expected. I don't have problems with the screen time (nor I don't really pay attention to that in the first place).
    I still believe Nogi hasn't lost their main concept, which is narrative MVs (looking at the recent Caravan wa Nemuranai).

Now, I'm quite excited what Unders can give us. :D

10. KillersCrave

KillersCrave Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    The song didn't grab me when it was previewed, and it still hasn't hooked me just yet. The video is really nice and seems to fit nicely.

On the whole though, the complete package kinda makes it feel like a b-side, I think because the video is a bit experimental for an a-side. The song alone is clearly an a-side, but the 4:3 aspect ratio and loose collection of scenes give it that vibe for me.

11. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    For one, the MV is first higher quality version we hear of the song. It's a lot better than the radio rip so we hear the song better. It goes from sounding flat to being more filled out, that may hit more potently.

For another, it's several days between hearing the radio rip and then seeing the video and in between then people could change their minds. Everyone rushes and posts their 'first listen' reactions. Not many post their 'few days of listening' reactions, so the MV reaction could be really their 'few days of listening' reaction too.

Third, what @delta29 said.

Finally, the MV visuals remind you how beautiful the members are. Their beauty contribute to making a song that much better. You can not like the song, but when Captain stares at you...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    This is a good example of what I meant when I asked the question. I can see how a song needs growing time, how a picture can enhance the experience, etc. Especially when you are not really sure what you think of a song on first listen.

But not liking the song in the first place, and being persuaded by good looking members... for me that's something I have trouble understanding. What are you going to do when you listen to the song without the MV? Just imagine it?

Thanks for all your insights by the way. I love to learn about these things.

13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Nogizaka46's 24th Single ("Yoake made Tsuyogaranakute mo Ii") 2nd round HS results
    rank. (prev. rank.) sold slots/total slots (+change) member name (sold out status)
    nogi24-2.png
    01. (00.) 30/30 (+30) Umezawa Minami (2nd round sold out!)
    01. (00.) 30/30 (+30) Yamashita Mizuki (2nd round sold out!)
    01. (00.) 30/30 (+30) Yoda Yuki (2nd round sold out!)
    01. (00.) 21/21 (+21) Kubo Shiori (2nd round sold out!)
    01. (00.) 05/05 (+05) Hori Miona (2nd round sold out!)
    06. (01.) 24/30 (+23) Kaki Haruka (+6 slot next round)
    06. (00.) 24/30 (+24) Endou Sakura (+6 slot next round)
    06. (00.) 24/30 (+24) Kakehashi Sayaka (+6 slot next round)
    06. (00.) 24/30 (+24) Tsutsui Ayame (+6 slot next round)
    10. (00.) 20/30 (+20) Shinuchi Mai
    10. (00.) 20/25 (+20) Tamura Mayu (+5 slot next round)
    12. (00.) 16/30 (+16) Watanabe Miria
    13. (00.) 15/24 (+15) Kanagawa Saya
    14. (00.) 14/30 (+14) Kitano Hinako
    15. (00.) 09/30 (+09) Terada Ranze
    15. (00.) 09/20 (+09) Hayakawa Seira
    17. (00.) 08/30 (+08) Iwamoto Renka
    18. (00.) 06/30 (+06) Suzuki Ayane
    18. (00.) 06/20 (+06) Higuchi Hina
    20. (00.) 03/24 (+03) Seimiya Rei
    00. (00.) 00/30 (+00) Nakada Kana
    00. (00.) 00/30 (+00) Yamazaki Rena
    00. (00.) 00/30 (+00) Sato Kaede
    00. (00.) 00/30 (+00) Ito Riria
    00. (00.) 00/30 (+00) Sakaguchi Tamami
    00. (00.) 00/30 (+00) Yoshida Ayano Christie
    00. (00.) 00/25 (+00) Ito Junna
    00. (00.) 00/24 (+00) Shibata Yuna
    00. (00.) 00/24 (+00) Yakubo Mio
    00. (00.) 00/20 (+00) Mukai Hazuki
    00. (00.) 00/17 (+00) Kitagawa Yuri
    00. (00.) 00/15 (+00) Wada Maaya
    00. (00.) 00/15 (+00) Sasaki Kotoko
    00. (00.) 00/15 (+00) Nakamura Reno
    Total: 338/864 (+337 since 1st round) [39.1%]
    1st Gen: 6/65 (+6) [9.2%]
    2nd Gen: 70/225 (+70) [31.1%]
    3rd Gen: 119/296 (+119) [40.2%]
    4th Gen: 143/278 (+142) [51.4%]
    352/865 (- 14) last single (increase/decrease over 23rd single 2nd round)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Umezawa is so strong at handshakes and it kinda surprised me. She's wasn't one of the first ones I would've though could become so loved by fans. I'm so happy for her cause she's such a nice, polite girl and she grew on me a lot recently.

4th gen new senbatsu girls are going strong, Kakehashi too so I expect her with Tamura to be the next one chosen (even if she didn't convince me personally as of now... her few appearances on Koujichuu have been kinda bad as of now).:^^;:

15. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    i i cant believe how riria has fallen from the grace.

16. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Song or music isn't the main selling point of an Idol group. Members' personality, beauty, like @Generic_User said, and their talent also contribute to this change of mind.

Here is an example that maybe much easier to understand. Nogi release the worst song ever that you can't stand to listen to it even for just its first 10 seconds. However, that song is centered by Hinachima. Moreover, that song is her graduation song. The question is, are you going to buy that single? :)

+++
    By the way, the very first part of Yoake reminds me of Mission Impossible ost.[hehe]

17. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Not surprising to me ;it seems that she's sharing from the same pool of fans with the 4th gen .
    Renka is the surprising one to me.
    4th gen top 4 is pretty solid.

18. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

For songs you don't like, you just forget about it. Well it's also disappointing that some good songs never got a MV. You do wonder what could have been a great MV, right?
    But I'd like to add performances like in concert. Works for me. There are few songs I liked better after one performance.

One example is 3rd gen performing Harujion ga Sakukoro during 5th BD. Completely changed my opinion about the song. I didn't really like both song and MV. I don't even think of it as Maimai centered song or even the time Kawago got the spot. But playing that song inside my head, that 3rd gen performance is all I think of.

Slowly but surely. Seira is getting there. Yey!!! :chuffed:
    4th gen's fav 4 (or is it 5?) very solid...

• Like Like x 1
  19. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    The MV remains me to Green Flash, but GF was much better (except 2 second shoots for the centres).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. halcyon

halcyon Next Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Shibata Yuna
    Twitter:
    halcyon46G
    I'm with @NyanNyan's Pet with regards to live performance too. Wasn't the biggest fan of some songs, but having heard and seeing them performed, and also participating in the crowd for them definitely changed my mind. Danke schon is probably one of the songs that sticks out the most for me.