Ozono Momoko / 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kanjo, Oct 12, 2016.

1. TargaK

TargaK Kenkyuusei

Well, the most plausible reason is she can't stand her downfall. Her career started very strongly, getting the center position during what was probably Nogizaka's peak years. She, however, couldn't really keep up with the expectations and went on a clear downfall single after single to the point in which none of us would've been shocked if she was dropped from the senbatsu (especially when the 5ki enter the picture). It is very hard to accept such a "fate" and we all know she doesn't seem to be the "mentally strong" type, so it makes sense for her to leave now while she is still in the "upper half" to say so.
    Of course, being a sudden and unexpected graduation from the entire entertainment world, there certainly can be other reasons as well like financial, family problems, "updates" after 9 months and so on, you never know.

• Disagree x 12
    • Agree x 5
    • Dislike x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Creative x 2
  2. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    Was expecting her to be some sort of leading figure in Nogi, although she doesn't seem to share the same sentiment. Well, returning to an ordinary people after experiencing what's being in showbiz like certainly have its own attractiveness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Thats Cap ! That 3rd row will be cleared as well if Momo is in Unders .

Anyway its irrelevant coz shes leaving

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  4. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

Not really. She's not the type to think too much about career standings.
    Maybe for members like Mizuki, Minami or Kubo it might be the case.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Momoko doesnt even think about money or fame .

• Winner Winner x 4
  6. call me cubo

call me cubo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    小悪魔のあっしゅ
    Twitter:
    dipolacubo
    I once read an article regarding the "salary" of an idol.
    For a top idol like Nogizaka, even "B-class" members are expected to receive salaries above the average of the salaryman's salaries. I don't know the exact amount but pretty sure it's enough to cover their living cost in a big city like Tokyo and still have enough money for savings and other things. Momoko appears regularly on a radio show (radierer sunday), so money shouldn't be a problem for her.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    I generally think that every 3rd & 4th gen push so far was a mistake (except for Yamashita Mizuki).
    That's why I am happy to see her leaving.

I keep asking myself, what the reason for her push was.

• Dislike Dislike x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Being the new Ikoma Rina. The crying girl pushed as center and then being surpassed by different other 3rd gen girls. I kinda agree that she kinda felt the pressure and maybe if management always treated her in a different way maybe she would still be here
    Who knows.

• Dislike Dislike x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  9. irex

irex Kenkyuusei

If that's the case I wonder if those that choose to leave "early" like nanamin and momoko have saved enough money to help them get started on their next life stage and don't feel they need to keep grinding to save up more money. Particularly with Hashimoto she left during Nogi and kind of her prime.

10. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    On the contrary, mgmt pushed her too hard in the beginning, that's the source of her unhappiness and she quickly get burned out trying to meet expectation. She wanted to graduate during her hiatus but decided to return, it was after that she doesn't get pushed anymore and she started to be more herself. Momoko doesn't care about being center, she's the peaceful type and just wants them to get along, she doesn't understand the need to compete with each other which is the very essence of the industry. So yeah, some people is just not made for showbiz and Momoko is one of them.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Zaebore

Zaebore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    This is some sad news but on the bright side I'm happy for her. If this is her decision to graduate I support her. She has always been a cheerful person inside and out. I wish her all the best and for her to pursue the goals that lay in front of her.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

I thought it was well documented how much she struggled with the idol life but evidently there's still room for ignorance.
    The fact is that she was never interested in being a celebrity, supposedly someone in her school asked her to audition for an idol group she had never heard about in her rural island hometown and she ended up getting the job.
    She always felt unsuitable to be an idol, lacked confidence and had a hard time with memorizing lyrics and choreos, never enjoyed the fast-paced big city lifestyle and couldn't handle her seniors' graduations, or even just being on TV to entertain.
    Knowing what we know now she probably wanted to quit and go back to her simple life within the first year, hence why they paired her with a maternal figure like Maiyan to comfort her and convince her to not graduate so soon after joining.
    They exempted her from the previous Summer Tour two years ago, AkiP personally gave her a duet song out of nowhere with Sakura called "Friendship Earrings" that got a special MV on YouTube not on the physical release.
    Even Maiyan's graduation song is more about Momoko than her, that whole thing about realizing happiness was something Renka would tell her, she even wrote it on her votive tablet for her Coming of Age ceremony.
    She just didn't like being famous, period.
    Not sure what better ways they were supposed to treat her, the only time she was under pressure was during her initial push and they didn't take too long to back off and let her have a smaller role in the group.
    Were they supposed to not push her at all so we could all be wondering why management wasn't giving her any opportunities like we do for so many other members?
    She stuck it out for a full 5 years, announced the day 3rd gen auditions started 5 years prior and retiring the day she passed her audition 5 years prior, for a young girl joining a high-profile idol group that spans multiple generations that's a long enough career, especially for one who doesn't believe in herself and only wanted to work hard to not let down those who did.

• Like Like x 20
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. Cop pop

Cop pop Kenkyuusei

OMG. I can't believe that Momoko's the first one who's gonna graduate from 3rd gen. I never imagined Nogi's future without her. Even though I'm not her fan and I know that one day she'll graduate, but I never expect it's gonna be this fast. I mean....even though she's not the first or second choices of management now, but when it comes to Future Nogi I always think that Momoko's definitely gonna be there.....However, Since this's her decision, I hope she all the best....(Even if I can't see her smiling face in the future anymore:cry::cry2:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

This is the state of people these day. They think they know everything and should post it. Ignored a well documented fact that the girl said she's not comfortable with celebrity life and describing people of Tokyo as scary. She's considering to graduate few years back but a certain top member hold her back. Now that top member has gone, no one could stop her.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    I think I remember her saying in the 2nd documentary that she's just herself as an idol. Implying that she's simply the same on-cam and off-cam. So when people bash her or criticize her, she would feel like they are criticizing her as a person.
    She is a very transparent person too so when she's sad, everyone around her would feel it. She's not also the type that would wish for fame or wealth or work in the entertainment industry. Considering all of these, she's not really an idol, she's just an ordinary person. :cry2:

I don't know how to say it but idols that "don't really like to be idols", for me, are the ones who usually leave a long lasting impression (like nanamin) since they're just being true most of the time.
    What a grad announcement indeed and this one really reminds us that 1ki is not the only ones who're capable of graduating now, its all of them.

• Agree Agree x 12
  16. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

Good luck and all the best in your graduation, Momoko-chan. Thank you for the years you spent in Nogi. I'm gonna miss this cute, wonderfully charming idol with the gentle soothing singing voice.

May you be in good health & wishing you happiness in your next life chapter. Thank you.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Yes, like others said, she has shown signs of unhappiness with fame and her profession for a while now. That's why, while it's sad she's graduating, I don't find it surprising. The notion that she's graduating because "she can't stand her downfall" is ridiculous. If anything I don't think she ever wanted to be center anyway.

And can we please stop the pregnancy conspiracy theories everytime someone graduates? Not everything in a woman's life is about kids or marriage.

As for the reason for her push, obviously we don't know why management chooses the girls they push. But there are cases where it seems like wotas like girls who are insecure/cry easily and are then pushed into the limelight and are able to grow as idols (Nanase is probably the best example of this). It might be that it's more interesting to see that growth instead of someone who's confident or self assured from the start (like Maiyan).

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. shinra94

shinra94 Kenkyuusei

Momo always seemed too gentle for this industry and I'm surprised she lasted the 5 years. The strength and courage to endure for as long as she did was amazing. Best wishes to her in her retirement.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kodama

Kodama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    I will miss her smile and giggle
    Unfortunately, she was a simple country girl caught up in the tough show biz lifestyle
    She tried her best to adapt but it was just to hard for her
    I think the true pureness of Momoko was that she never pushed for fame and glory, it was just there for her and her awkwardness/shyness was her greatest allure to many
    I think why this graduation stings so much is because its the first 3ki and a popular member of the fans

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    On the contrary, I've always thought she seemed to be the more confident and more assertive type of girl. Didn't she learn kendo in high school ?

Anyway, is it still possible for her to go to university as she is still young ? Or will she continue in the entertainment industry ?