Single Sakurazaka46 3rd Single [Nagaredama] (2021/10/13)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by heatsignature, Aug 7, 2021.

1. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    i love Nagaredama. it's similar to something I wanted and think is perfect for Honosu as center. Kinda upbeat with a sexy/retro mature vibe.

And I don' think the group's color is gonna change to red honestly. that's just the color of this single.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Nagaredama (Full Audio) [Radio Rip]. The song is upbeat and fun!

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  3. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Well, I personally find it extremely girly, but it's so upbeat, fast(ly) and rap(py) that it will do! I forsee igniting concert audiences like Abunakkashii Keikaku. The MV will complete the picture of course, but still... it's not THE one...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. conmaxanhle

conmaxanhle Kenkyuusei

If you mix red with white. You will get pink
    Since the promo pic, they are walking in the dry desert with a cloudy sky
    There is a chance in the MV they gone get wet by the rain and revive their dress as white and pink
    Or they gonna get shot and the color of red blood taking over white and pink since red is one of the the primary additive colors
    If S&F want to change the color to red then we can't do anything since they always use Keya as the test object in the beginning
    Toriizaka -> Keyakizaka ( 1 center only ) -> HinagaraKeki ( make friends for Neru ) -> Hinatazaka -> Sakurazaka ( 3 centers )

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Sorry but the idea of the group changing color to red seems so dumb. Why would they do it? It would be something like "this group still has not identity at all and we are doing things randomly". That wouldn't make sense at all. Sakurazaka style and color is decided and they will not change it just cause of a poster with girls in red uniforms. It's not like Nogi changed its color to light blue cause Girls Rule covers and uniforms were all about that color :lol:

About Nagaredama, I listened it a few more times now, and to be honest, I secretly wanted to like it more. I mean, I don't dislike it, it's already better than NoBoFa and BAN to me, so that's already an improvement. I just wanted to love it, and not just having a feeling of "I guess that song's ok".

Well, there's still the MV so I hope to love that one and would make me like the song even ore.

Now give me a monumental piano elegant song for next single and sakurazaka could become a real contender with Hinatazaka to be my current favourite sakamichi group.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I love it.
    It has that Cowboy Bebop intro mixed with Majisuka Gakuen beat and it's perfect for a puck-gothic-noir-action anime OST.
    So cool.
    (Also, it reminds me of TheHoopers and just for that it deserves a special place in my heart)

I look forward to the MV, could care less about the color and hope for a great choreo and lyrics that would not destroy my expectation.
    Go Hono, lead the way

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I like it. Definitely think it will take me a while to love the song, but it's a good song! Not as good as Ban for me so far, but still good enough to feel excited to hear on music shows and in concert streams. I also got those Cowboy Bepop vibes lol. I hope the MV makes me like the song even more, I felt that the MV for both Nobofa and Ban made me like the songs so much more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Jojo/Bepop vibe this time, huh? This could definitely be used as an anime opening all right.
    But... I'm still not really feeling it. It was the same with BAN, the song doesn't seem to have that sort of hook that makes for a catchy song. I'd prefered a better defined chorus and some more progression to the melody overall. For the first 50 seconds it feels nice and then it kind of stays on the same tone throughout the whole thing. Some bonus points for those rap-ish parts, which I did enjoy.

Generally speaking, I like that it has a more upbeat sort of wacky mood to it, sort of like Abunakashii keikaku, could be a great fit for the lives. But for a titular song, how do I put it? I wish they'd have made it a bit more punchy, especially since they're going to perform the short version most of the time.

Let's see what kind of concept is going to be presented in the MV.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

There are parts that sound as if Nobody's Fault and BAN got together and had a baby. 3rd single, 3rd same fast-paced song, same... "nice but not great" vibe? I was hoping for something different, "punchier" as Turbogig just mentioned. Ahhhh......

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. valerien

valerien Kenkyuusei

Honestly, I'm really not sure about this song.

When I saw the teaser and the group image, I felt that this is going to be the turning point for Sakurazaka46. The teaser and group image gave me the "Hiraishin" vibes, and I was convinced that it was going to be a darker image and it will be a hit song with the fans. In my opinion, the teaser and the group image poster was really on point.

But after last night's song release, I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt that there's a very big disconnect between the actual song and the teaser and group image poster. It just doesn't seem to "fit" together. It felt more like a B-Side release rather than an A-Side release to me. And in all honesty, if this was a Keyaki release, I wouldn't even get excited if it was a B-side release.

They really, really need a hit. I'm afraid that this isn't it.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    THAT!

Well, the group certainly needed a new Abunakkashii Keikaku. It's perfect for that. It's not a bad song, not at all, I believe it will do great: I am expecting each new single to do better than the previous ones, saleswise. However, that red dress and that pose deserved something more...

P.S. Maybe what we are expecting is not going to happen. Maybe THE song is so elusive... And maybe it is unfair to compare everything in terms of Silent Majority, Fukyouwaon and (my personal top-of-the-tops, Hiraishin). What we really want is to have a non-breaking chain of succesfull singles.

And hope that one of them will eventually dominate the J-pop scene...

12. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Man, what a disappointment. Wanted something better for Hono's first center.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. rin.kaze

rin.kaze Kenkyuusei

I think this song is great to convey their red color.

And for the teaser and the group image, I think we must hold our opinion until they releasing their MV.

14. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Well I like this song more than previous singles, it's fun! [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

I think my initial reaction would have been more positive had I not been expecting something entirely different based on the teaser. That said, it’s not at all a bad song. I’d agree that it doesn’t necessarily feel like a big hit from the outset, but that’s from some cursory listenings of a radio rip without the context of the MV…

In closing, it’s at the very least a fun song that should serve as a welcome addition to their live show. Additionally, I have good reason to believe the song could grow on me in a major way with repeated listening, the MV and the aforementioned live performances. I look forward to all of those things and to the b-sides as well.

I have the most tepid takes in the world, I know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    No, they don't need a hit, they need succesful girls having more and more outside jobs, popularity and opportunities to shine like they always wanted. That's why they rebranded the group into Sakurazaka.
    Keyakizaka had "hits" and you see how it ended. These kind of groups live thanks to members force and popularity, not thanks to hits.

And honestly, I'm still perplexed at Keya fans still wanting Keya-type songs for Sakurazaka. You need to understand that this group has nothing to do anymore with Keyakizaka, they don't even perform that group's songs anymore. If they were still going to follow the Keya route it wasn't needed to change the group's name and color. You don't think? It's better for some Keya fans to move on or they'll always be disappointed if music-wise they're gonna compare everything with the previous group.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  17. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    although they have rebranded as ten said during NF era sakurazaka is like an evolution of keyaki. So whilst sakurazaka are not keyaki and are finding their own image they will still retain some parts of keyaki. @SteCola they will not give you that 2012-2016 Nogizaka you’re looking for nor whatever Hinatazaka have that has won you over. All their titles so far have continued to speak on social issues - just one example of them “evolving” keyaki or whatever. Something that made you dislike keyaki very much as I remember lol. So either keep it moving or accept it

i’ll give this song one thing though; it’s very catchy.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    There is a valid point in there... Actually there are a lot of valid points...
    But...
    Hits have nothing to do with how Keyakizaka "ended". As long as it was something the girls themselves decided it was best for them, it's finished: All well thought and done!
    No, the groups HAS to do with Keyakizaka: As long as any 1st gen remains (even original 2nd gen - the girls who were attracted to join Keyakizaka and no other group, because they were admiring Keyakizaka and no other group) this group is the continuation of Keyakizaka with a different name, something so common in branding.
    But I have to agree that popularity of girls seems to be a big factor and to that extend, I would wish for more...

We all accepted the rebrand and for god's sake let's not (re)discuss the whole thing again... But, there is nothing wrong with Keya fans (like myself) to ask for Keya-vibe songs. They were unique in this industry and (other groups' fans like it or not) smashed ALL competition! There is a gap in the industry right now for these kinds of songs so why shouldn't we crave for Sakurazaka to carry on their own legacy??? Somehow... Adapted for the profile of the girls as oif now (age of 20+, less angst, more appeal) or whatever...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Since some of you are confused about my taste, I'm gonna explain my pov better. I don't want Sakurazaka to become like Nogizaka music-wise. I know that it would never happen and the only group that could give me again the Nogi style I used to love is Nogizaka itself. As I said different times, Hinatazaka is currently my favourite Sakamichi group but it has nothing to do with their music. Hinatazaka's music is completely different to Nogizaka's, it's overly happy and poppy. Not exaclty my favourite, in fact Hinatazaka's discography it's probably the one I listen the least. Why I love Hinatazaka now is because I like how the group currently is: the group, the succesful members, full of variety and model queens, how management is handling it, etc.

Nogizaka, music and style wise will probably forever still be my favourite, even if now I feel disaffected to the current Nogi group. Simply because, the sophisticated, elegant, not "in your face", piano vibe has always been my favourite. Songs like Inochi wa Utsukushii, Nandome no Aozora ka, Sayonara no Imi, Nigemizu, Settei Ondo, Hoka no Hoski kara, Buranko and many others are just pleasure for my ears and my taste.

But one thing is their discography, another is the pleasure of following their members, their variety shows etc. and currently Hinatazaka and Sakurazaka girls are more interesting to me to follow than Nogizaka ones, simply because on Nogi group I don't like the too many filler members they currently have, the best ones are graduating, and I don't like 4th gen overall.
    Probably is the fact that Hinatazaka and Sakurazaka are still "new" groups with a decent amount of members, I don't know, but they give me a "fresh" and ore interesting to follow vibe, while Nogi to me seems just a group that is slowly dying.

So, why I support Sakurazaka and I didn't like Keyakizaka? It doesn't really have to do with music quality like you @paradisekiss appointed. Actually, I currently prefer Keya's music too. Songs like Eccentric, Hiraishin, or Kuroi Hitsuji to me are really good. It's simply that I never liked that "in your face" edgy, emo style, rebellious kids that represented that group. Apart of the Techi-cultism that surrounded Keyakizaka, when I watched Keyakitte Kakenai I came to hate it. It was so sad and boring. A group where the atmosphere was so awkward with things like the "we are edgy kids, we don't wanna do these stupid girly idol-things" that soffucated the other girls who weren't able to fully express themselves in Keyakizaka and felt out of place, but now are finally blooming and free to shine in Sakurazaka.
    I like and support Sakurazaka not because of their music, but cause I finally see the girls blooming, and shine, the group has become livier and funnier, more mature and I like the members vibe much more, there's much more pretty, funny and elegant ladies there. So I feel attached to the group much more now, and I'm glad apart of Hirate's grad of course which was the key for the change and "evolution", girls like Suzumon or Shida Manaka are no more on the group, I think that also helped to change the group's vibe and image.

Hope I made things more clear, let's now all support this group with the best center that it could have. Go Honosu!

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    As far as I'm concerned, @SteCola's points are crystal clear. To that extend and despite our disagreements, I welcome you...

What I really would kindly ask you to do is to go through the first ~40 episodes of Keyakitte... I really don't see any edgy or rebellious kids. I have watched all of these more than 10 times so far and I only see funny, awkward, shy girls with minimum experience in variety that do and say funny things. There is no edgy / "in your face" / rebelious thing in Ozeki's lunatic laughter or Koike's cute-angry face at the end of episode 31 (a true diamond), or Rika's "revolution", or their so funny awkward studio entry during the fashion check episode, or Tecchi and Zuumin's baby talk, or Shida's laughter while stomping her feet, or Habu's awkward replies with those amazingly pretty crooked teeth, or the relationships episode, or everything about and around Oda, or, or, or...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1