Single AKB48 58th (Ne mo Ha mo Rumor) [2021/09/29)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, May 23, 2021.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I did like the MV, but I also thought it was a bit too muted, in terms of colour. The sudden stop in music is a bit awkward, they might have chosen a better spot to do it or just played instrumentals quietly while Naachan was talking.

On another topic, is anyone else struggling to pay for chara-ani? I thought my English debit VISA might be problematic, but I was counting on Paypal. However, even paypal is refusing to work. Anyone got any suggestions what to do?

2. AiBan

AiBan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    The song and choreography is good but the mv and overall art direction uhmm...

does the management really expect akb to beat nogizaka or for akb regain their position as national idols with this kind of aesthetic?

They really chose to be like this when it just so happens that nogizaka is releasing a new single just a week before theirs (09/22) :fp:[\SPOILER]

• Dislike Dislike x 5
  3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Girl, nobody is expecting that. The whole Nogizaka thing is just marketing (watch it be the storyline of their next documentary). AKB is still more popular and profitable (?) than 99% of idol groups in Japan anyway ññ

-

Rewatching the MV and I'm hollering at how they made Hiichan stand out so much? Not just the blonde hair, but even with the earrings and all... it's like she just happened to be around on her way to a fashion show and was like Sure! I'll join your dancing troupe!

Hopefully we'll get a full ~dance version~ of this when the single comes out. Either the gymnasium one with Yukirin watching over or the one with SERIOUS FLAVOR in the courtyard.

• Like Like x 4
  4. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

I just went through PayPal and the only issue I had was the physical pain I felt when seeing my total invoice amount.

Worth noting that what we’re doing here is authorizing payment, but the money won’t actually leave our accounts until the CDs ship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    Man, I don't like the MV. Personally I would like it better if they just reshot the Ongaku no Hi performance in a Kpop themed studio with the same camera angles than this Behind the scenes version of an MV. Didn't do the hype choreo any justice at all.

And the covers are meh too. Strawberries and Comic sans in 2021 ? Really ? Why couldn't they just pull of some yankee poses in the cover art, would have made more of an impact than this adult website ad of an album cover. Another chance, another disappointment for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Same here. One good thing this time is that even though I ordered more than 20 CDs it looks like they'll be shipped together with just one charge, unlike in the past when they were separated into two deliveries with two charges.

7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I've seen on twitter that other people are having the same problem as me, but it's related to the account and not your browser or anything. The website won't redirect me to Paypal and just says "this payment method failed, please select another" but then of course my foreign cards don't work... I've asked someone, for whom it worked, to log into my account and try, but it also just gave them the error message. I've resorted to a sort of proxy service now, where a girl from Japan will go through the konbini payment option for me. Also, this means I've already paid now cause I've paid her in advance lol.

One of my friends had her orders separated into two charges, one worth about $100 and the second less. So I guess at some point they will separate it, but I don't know the exact number.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

Ok, while that tidbit about Serious Flavor might be relevant to someone living in Japan (and even then I'd imagine it only means anything to someone from Mie) it's not exactly relevant to a foreigner like myself over here in America. Additionally you could've stopped at the mention that they're a nationally ranked high school dance team you did not need to mention NiziU as NiziU is entirely irrelevant to the subject matter (an AKB48 music video).

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Motomura Aoi
    Talking scene should be replaced by a boxing match between Shitao Miu and Honda Hitomi.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

And yet… it’s relevant because they basically just care about their sales in Japan.

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    As for me, simply said, I love the MV, school theme has always been what suits AKB the best (and my personal favorite as well). From the beginning to the end, it keeps making me watch and watch. I don't mind about the break, because MV is supposed to be watched, not for loop (we use MP3 for that).

The cover though, can't be too harsh, but that's a bad one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    I haven't been into an AKB48 song in years and this song sucked me right back into the group. The song itself is fun and very reminiscent of old AKB with some new elements thrown in, the dance was high energy, and the center? Naachan is perfect for the role, it feels good to really be into a member again! I hope this single sells well because they deserve it.

The PV is very unique with the talking cut, but I enjoyed it. It made it feel more real and it allows us to connect to the new face of AKB, something that is desperately needed after the group somewhat faded into the background compared to the 46g's. The dancing club was a good inclusion too! 10/10 will watch again and again.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. sarachuu

sarachuu Kenkyuusei

I’m conflicted on whether I liked the PV or not. I liked some of it but didn’t like most of it, but it definitely wasn’t the worst music video out there. Although I was half expecting to see Yukirin in a school uniform despite her age, that would’ve been great [hehe]

Overall I prefer the song over the video, but as a comeback it’s not terrible.

14. manamohisama

manamohisama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyata Manamo
    The abrupt interview right after that cool dance break kinda ruins the flow of the mv imo.

I wish that they put the interview part somewhere else in the mv or just put it in the making video instead.

One other complaint I have is they need to highlight 3rd row members a little man. Out of all 4846 group, I feel like only hinatazaka show their 3rd row in a quite decent time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    MV filming and CD cover shooting 'behind' video from Yukirin:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 4
  16. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    The pause for the interview in the middle of the song was a stupid idea.. like what were they thinking putting that there? The song is such a bop, it makes anyone watching energized then they just outright kill the energy just as the veiwers are hooked?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Apparently some of the scenes in the MV have background stories. Makes more sense to me now.
    Hii-chan is supposed to be a transfer student
    Miu and Yokochan are rivals and Hii's arrival sparks new competition
    Naru is a friend.
    Oonishi and Megu are (club) managers.
    Yuihan and Yukirin are obviously in teacher roles

Source : Miu's 8/31 showroom

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Short version

• Like Like x 2
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Oh well, Paypal doesn't work for me either. The site says straight that the payment failed, and doesn't try to redirect to paypal.
    I don't know what to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    @lionel90 I've sent you a DM in your Twitter account with a suggested solution used by some people here.