Single AKB48 59th [Moto Kare Desu] (2022/05/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Feb 21, 2022.

1. mochibuni

mochibuni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Chair-chan
    Glad to hear we are for sure getting a dance version! When I saw the teaser I was hoping we'd get one ASAP.

2. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    Are these images from the actual MV or just the dance version ?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  3. Bingo

Bingo Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Saw this on a Korean forum, the rest

• Like Like x 1
  4. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    The covers aren't bad but they're ridiculously simple, like someone downloaded a few fonts and used MS Paint.

5. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

I’m really loving the directions AKB is going in with their choreography and music. This is the first single I’ve paid attention to since Teacher Teacher and I definitely have some catching up to do with Rumor too.

6. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    It's not the best cover ever, but comparing to various past single covers, this one is neither the worst nor the simplest.
    UZA, Sayonara Crawl covers are just some simple texts written on a picture.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    At least the covers are war better than Rumor[hehe]

8. Lookman

Lookman Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lckmnzans
    Simple yet not bad is enough. Compared to Nemohamo which is simple but is also very ugly....

9. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Common song will be Okada Nana solo song. Type A will have Team A song, Type B Team K song, Type C Team B song, Theater ed Team 4 song.
    There will be 3 MVs on the disc. 2 MVs are Motokare MVs (normal and dance version). They haven't revealed the last MV, probably will be the common song MV (Okada Nana solo)
    https://www.kingrecords.co.jp/cs/g/gKIZM-90725/
    https://www.kingrecords.co.jp/cs/g/gKIZM-90727/
    https://www.kingrecords.co.jp/cs/g/gKIZM-90729/
    https://www.kingrecords.co.jp/cs/g/gNMAX-1385/

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    ^ hoping More for Team PV's:blush:
    Well but would be weird with Team 4:fear:

11. Rurouni

Dance ver.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  12. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Okay so the MV mad we realize that when all the members are like in a triangle formation right before the last chorus, it’s actually supposed to be a heart and that’s why there are members in the back middle during that part.

13. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The lack of budget... I'm impressed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Just to note that the regular MV has CC subs in a variety of languages including English, French, Spanish and Portuguese as well as Indonesian, Korean and Thai.

16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    They don't have budget for MVs for the new teams, that's even more scandalous considering they are, as I mentioned, new.

Both.

Not anymore!

[​IMG]

Which reminds me that they shot something yesterday.

American, French, Mexican and Brazilian.

P.S.: A word from our sponsor: https://twitter.com/bboypopeye/status/1516738178522435593

17. Rurouni

The budget is definitely higher than Nemohamo, probably much higher. Reading the interview with the director, I don't think this lighting thing is cheap.
    Also it isn't really sharp in 4K. I think they simply uploaded it in 4K because in 1080p it looked really bad with the compression artifacts, so they after more bitrate offered by 4K upload rather than resolution. I wouldn't be surprised if the 4K is simply upscaled in software rather than actually shoot in 4K.

Btw, regarding subtitle, Nemohamo also has subtitle, although it has 1 less language than MotoKare (no Hindi). They sub it all including the talk part in the MV.

What Nemohamo didn't have is English translation of the description. Basically the description in MotoKare video is almost the same thing that is sent to press. It has the interview with the director, but now in you can also read it in English.

The English version of the description
    [hide]
    AKB48 dances the “GANMI dance” with flying lights which move around freely as though in an alternate dimension because the “Lighting choreographer” operates and calculates the effect perfectly.

The song, ‘Motokare Desu’ is the 59th single for AKB48 and they are aiming to get even better this time compared to their last single ‘Ne mo Ha mo Rumor’, which got famous with its “unbelievably amazing dance”.
    Dance artist GANMI created the “GANMI dance” which attracts attention from the world as though people couldn’t stop staring at it. This music video was directed by Minoru Fujimoto (MPLUSPLUS Co.,Ltd.,).
    He participated in the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games opening ceremony directing LED last year.
    He calls himself a “Lighting Choreographer”. He builds system development which is purely based on directing these projects. He created a new genre of performance which is totally free from old concepts.
    For him, this is his first time directing a music video. So, we asked him about the creation of the music video of ‘Motokare Desu’.

Minoru Fujimoto director:
    There was a concept behind this music video. It was a story about, ‘Japanese high school girls who danced “Ne mo Ha mo Rumor” and won No.1 in a dancing competition in Japan and they made an entry into the world dancing competition representing Japan.’ When I accepted the offer to make this music video, I wanted to use something new. So, for this music video I created a totally new development except for the huge monolith figure which appears in the music video.
    There are 20 wireless moving lights which are battery operated, and 40 LED poles, and waving LED ribbons which appear during the interlude.
    I wanted to break the concept that the stage set is supposed to be still and “stand behind the performer”.
    I wanted to create a music video which has a theme of uniting the artist and the space. Then the ribbon performer comes next to the face. The light dance with the performer is very synchronizing. We got this effect as the moving lights are wireless and we were able to put them inside the dance floor.
    The LED poles changed its shape gradually and they copied the choreography of the performer's right arm and left arm and danced with the performer.
    Though the artist is the main character in the music video, this music video is about expanding its space.
    I have been directing many live performances so I found so many similarities with AKB48 since they care so much about live shows including their theater performances. I created this music video as if you were watching a live show.
    We already knew each other before on SNS but this was our first collaboration together. I am so happy that we understood each other and worked well together. There is the feeling that even if you keep watching the performance, you will find a new discovery every time you rewatch it.
    So, I want people to watch the video many, many times. I don’t think I will find any other works which I can put so much passion towards making it more than this one. (Laugh)

The space which expands, with its constantly moving lights and performers inside the space, and the director and choreographer. This is a perfect AKB48 music video ever.
    [/hide]

• Like Like x 1
  18. sungjong

sungjong Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirate Yurina
    I really like the new single. The "dakara dakara dakara" part is catchy and sticks in your head! Pleasantly surprised that the song is already on Spotify.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Not fully my taste, I prefer more scenarised MVs, here i don't really see the story it is supposed to convey (if there's any).
    And as one consequence for this directing choice, the dance version looks redundants, and doesn't provide many more focus on the choreo. As if it is the same Mv but filmed differently.

I like how they play with the lights, it ads a simple but efficient dynamic to the whole thing.

20. Rurouni

The dance version is there so people can look at the not only the dance (it does help since the camera is pretty static) but the overall choreo including the formation. You can't really get that from the normal MV. With the dance version I'm pretty sure it would be a lot easier to copy the whole thing, thus hopefully something that happened with Nemohamo where people were covering the dance can be replicated with this single.