Arai Sae (Saechan)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Kenkyuusei' started by lionel90, Apr 9, 2023.

1. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    I watched Sae's 100 Q&A video! Here are most of her answers for it :p

(lets reminisce of sae's old hair [hehe])
    sae1.JPG

- Nickname: Saechan
    - Blood type: B
    - Height: 162.1cm
    - She weighs 3 apples :oops:
    - Special skill: Classic ballet, piano, skiing, English and French. (RICH GIRL HOBBIES :hehe:)
    - Strength: her curiosity
    - Weakness: I don't like losing! :rant:
    - Her personality: people say she is cheerful!
    - Favorite food: Olives, hamburgers, chocolate.. Least favorite is shiitake mushrooms
    - Favorite color: light blue, yellow, white, purple
    - Lately, she is addicted to bath salts and various scents
    - She has an older sister.
    - She releases stress by listening to music
    - On her day off, she takes her dog out to play (Citron)
    - The first thing she does in the morning is wash her face :shock:
    - What she does before sleeping: stretching
    - What made her excited lately: she talked to aichan (was her fan of before joining the group as she watched a 17ki theater show before auditioning)
    - What made her sad recently: her earphones broke :cry:
    - What made her laugh recently: when she talks with the 18ki, its always fun and makes her laugh <3
    - Her earliest memory: She went to the shrine with her family when she was 3. She trip and hit her head on the stone staircase :cold:
    - If she was a boy for a day, what would she do: wants to see many things from a taller person's perspective o_O
    - Her charm point: smile and eye bags :D
    - The body part she likes about herself: her legs :^O^:
    - Her complex: (she thought hard here) her pointed ears...
    - What she wants the most: a new smart phone :cool:
    - What does she wash first (when showering I guess): her head
    - What if she won in the lottery? travel abroad and eat delicious food (sounds like she already does that :awesome:)
    - If she could make 3 wishes: 1) 48 hours in one day 2) she wants to be able to always remember her dreams after sleeping 3) sunny every day (she really had to think hard about this [hehe])
    - 3 things she would take on a deserted island: 1) mother 2) smartphone 3) shoes
    - Favorite song at karaoke: Aiko's "Kiss Hug"
    - Habit: holding hands
    - When is she happiest: while eating :corr:
    - Favorite picture recently: when she went to the sea

sae2.JPG

- Food she would eat as her last meal: Hamburger :^^;:
    - What scares her the most: natural disasters? o_O
    - Recent dream: okabe rin is friends with her mother and they all become good friends? :rolleyes:
    - How she relives stress: her dog
    - Future dream: to become an idol who can touch the hearts of many people <3
    - Why did she audition for AKB: she always loved AKB. Decided to audition after seeing 17ki theater show :omfg:
    - Member she admires in AKB: Erii and Aichan
    - Member she would want to be for a day: Yuichi, she looks like she's always having fun :hmm:
    - Favorite 48G song: Enkyori Poster
    - Job she wants to try: singing job (i honestly thought she would say acting here :eek:)
    - Her dream as a kid: really liked musicals so a musical actress
    - Who's her oshimen, who is she interested in? Mahopyon, they took a picture together
    - Her ideal female image: to be a SINGER
    - Her ideal male image: he has to be a singer too :^O^:
    - Her best subjects: Music and English
    - What surprised you about AKB after she joined: everyone has small faces
    - What does she treasure: her family
    - Where do you want to go the most: Germany :chuffed:
    - The person she wants to meet now: HKT's Matsuoka Hana, she wants to meet her since she is a fan
    - What would she do on her last day on earth: travel as far as she can and go to somewhere she never been (she really does like traveling huh :hehe:)
    - Comparing herself to a color: white
    - What does she do for beauty care: she doesn't do much of anything... but she will start to do some from now on :p (natural beauty)
    - Capital of Thailand: Bangkok (she got it right! Ms. Worldwide :shifty:)
    - What would you do if you became prime minister (what is this question staff :hmm:): she would like to be in foreign magazines like New York Times.
    - Tell us a secret: She used to say she was 162cm even though she was really 161.9cm [hehe] but now she is 162.1cm so everything is good! ;)
    - Senior she wants to talk to: Asai Nanami because she heard she liked musicals too (she better hurry up before its too late :()
    - If your future self appeared in front of you, what would you ask: Are you happy? :blush:
    - Something she wants to try: Bungee jump
    - If she could have a new ability: write with her left hand
    - How she sees herself in 5 years from now: hope she is in senbatsu (I give her a good shot in the next one or two singles max :drool:)
    - What do you always end up buying: gummy candy
    - Who told the results of her AKB auditions: her mom
    - Something she can't live without: her family
    - Words that make her happy: if someone tell her she is kirakira :v:
    - Favorite onigiri filling: salmon (me too ;))
    - She's not good at math and science
    - Favorite Food: Carbonara o_O
    - Favorite emoji: holding back tears emoji

sae3.JPG
    - Her worries recently:she gets full quickly (eating) but also gets hungry quickly :lol:
    - When did she try her best in her life: she climbed Mt Fuji :yikes:
    - Draw yourself! "I think I look bald here :explode:"

sae4.JPG

- Pose she is confident in :v:

sae5.JPG

- Show an imitation: she does the usual squirming around yumemi does :whistle:
    - Something she is particular with: she drinks black tea every morning so the taste of black tea! :hmm:
    - Something she tries to do: always have gratitude
    - What she can't lose at: being focused / concentrated
    - Happiest moment of her day: when she sleeps :chuffed:
    - What she wants the fans to know about her: "I want you to remember my name." :blush:
    - Video project she wants to do: training camp with 18ki (PLEASE :cute:)
    - Words to the viewers: "Thank you for watching me! I hope you continue to do so!"

I hope you all got to learn a little more about Sae :chuffed:

• Winner Winner x 6
  2. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Speaking English and French but wanting to go to Germany. :cute:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    She's already been to the UK, she told me in a online talk that she visited London with her family and saw the musical 'Les Misérables'. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland

if the video does not show watch the video here

sae had some time before practice so she did a short stream. (she is in her cozy sweater she posted on twitter yesterday)
    she talked a bit about the saikin kiita sports festival. she is proud of her fast 50m that she got from playing basketball :1st: she reminds everyone to watch next week ep too (i will :blush:) she mentions yuna is better at long distance running so she might can beat her in short distance running... and that yuichi is slow [hehe] (MANAGEMENT GIVE US KKS SPORTS COMPETITION!!! :rant:)
    she mentioned the drama she appeared in. I watched it with one eye closed.. it's a .5 ep where its like the back story of one of the characters so it was only 7 mins long but.... plot aside, her acting was really good. i wonder if she had some formal training since she did enter that actress competition show prior to joining akb (I will give my thoughts about the show to her later :|) the piano playing in there was all real from her.. she been playing the piano for almost 12 years now? :approve:
    Budokan TALK! As you fellow sae fans know, she only participated fully on day 1. She is very proud she got to wear acchan's tomato costume.. (she forgot to take a pic in the costume :fp: but she said other senpais took pics of her so...) well... this isn't the first time she slid into aachan's spot eh :hehe:
    new fun facty: her shoe size is 23.5cm :^^;: she had trouble dancing with the heels. she mentioned kasumin being in the enkyori poster unit. she seemed a little jealous cause she really wanted to be in that unit cause she loves the song (she sung it at akb audtion) she hopes to perform it one day :v:
    on day 2, she only sung during encore for her centered u22 song :( was mega impressed by azu's solo... yuna's jiwaru days
    she thinks 19ki audition will be a big plus for akb.. she's a little worried but she's ready to be a cool senpai :^O^:
    toward the end of the SR she was running out of time because practice was about to start so she had to talk fast to get the rest of her thoughts out :lol:

• Like Like x 4
  5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Sae also said that her favorite 48G dance is Labrador Retriever! She explained the reason: there's a part in the dance where it's like they're being pulled by a dog (by the leash). and it's true... (at 1:14 here) I never noticed o_o I wonder if she noticed on her own or someone told her. Anyway this was interesting info! (and she probably likes it because she likes dogs lol)

Oh and Labrador Retriever is one of my favorite songs [hehe]

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    Why is there such a small amount of messages? She is absolutely great, deserved her position in UNLAME & could potentially outshine Sato Airi.
    It seems to me, as she wouldn't have the biggest fanbase of the 18th gen & still ranked best in UNLAME.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I agree, I think she's great and I've enjoyed the online chats I've had with her - not just with chatting in English but also because she's fun to talk with. I've got more talks with her lined up next month and in January. She's great in UNLAME and I very much hope that next year she'll be in an AKB A-side senbatsu.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Because she's not a former eito.

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland

Sae just recently returned from her sick leave. She talked a bit in a mail that she is still feeling not a full power but good enough to do some light activities! She found some time to stream! She is coughing every now and then during the stream so I hope she doesn't push herself too hard :oops: she always plan in advance about topics to talk about during stream but she couldn't this time since she decided on streaming so suddenly :^^;: mentions some activites she did recently, handshake (she wore a school uniform) and the undokai on Saikin Kiita (she said they were all weak :hehe: but happy she got to talk to the senpai. she mentioned how cute harupyon and yumemi were together holding hands :yikes:) She hopes she can participate again in undokai (we need one for the kks!! >() excited for the upcoming hado draft too! many exciting stuff coming :whistle:

sae1.JPG
    "Mata nee~" :blush:

• Like Like x 6
  10. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I'm concerned she'll do something "selfish" like focus on getting into a good university. it may be a good thing that she did not get chosen for senbatsu because then she could leave by saying " i accomplished everything i could as an idol" hopefully she can stay and do both.

11. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland

Sae has finished her last test of her high school life. Honestly, it seems school is the only thing holding her back in AKB so... who knows if she will go to university or not but.. :|
    Talked a bit about Yuna's bday performance. They are very close; they both play basketball :hehe:. Sae calls Yuna her "partner" :approve:. They are the same age and are friendly rivals that motivate each other to improve!
    She is contemplating on her outfits for the next single talk events. She posted a finalized list after the stream... though its a little not done... I highly recommend her online talks even if your Japanese isn't that good! Just talk to her in English :^O^:

sae.jpg

Sae finished up her stream talking about the new single senbatsu announcement... :cold: First off, she is very happy her fellow gen mates Yuna and Azu made it...
    Above all else.. she is frustrated.. METCHA KUYASHIIDESU :mad:..... she is a little hesitant to express her true feelings. She only just joined AKB this year and had so many golden chances already like centering the U22 song (opportunities many other girls can only dream of). This has motivated her to try even harder for the next one!

I'll do my best!
    sae2.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  12. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    If anyone is interested in seeing Sae's signature, here it is! The sign from the hanashikai I won with her finally came in. She actually wrote half of my message in English so that was cool :p

20231222_211010.jpg

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    I was browsing showroom the other day and noticed these out of 48 interviews they released a while back. Since I avoided the show like the plague, I never took a look at it. Now that I am at peace (yui isn't there), I thought I would finally take a look :oops:
    https://www.showroom-live.com/episode/watch?id=94

sae1.JPG
    Seems it was filmed a day before the final selection (whenever that was!). Sae is surprised she lasted this long in the competition since she had no dance experience for this very... lets be real here... KPOP inspired group :fear:. (Hm maybe I should finally give this show a watch...)
    Sae became an idol because she like watching idols herself and told the familiar story of being inspired to audition after going to a 17ki stage.
    She mentioned the actress audition show (for strawberry soda?) that she participated in... She was a finalist but didn't make it to the end... (thank god :whistle:)
    Now that she is an AKB member, balancing school and being an AKB member is a little tough (WE KNOW :cry:) but she has lots of fun everyday (18ki bond :blush:)
    Asked why did she joined the oof48, she said apparently it was... predetermined? for the 18ki :hmm: (yes we all knew that too, some 18ki did complain in mail about that) but well, she looked at it as a growing opportunity. Mentioned her classic ballet experienced in helping her learn these new dancing quickly.
    Very grateful that she was selected to join yui's team, learned alot from the master :chuffed:
    Sae again mentioned how close 18ki are and that they help each other improve :approve:
    After Kasumin was eliminated, Sae was very frustrated a fellow 18ki nakama couldn't be selected... she talked to her afterwards and Kasumin gave her encouragement to do her best and make it to the end :cry:
    Sae really took this audition in oof48 very seriously as to not tarnish the hardwork and effort the general participants were putting in.
    Next apparently she was teamed up with Zukky and Naamin? Felt lonely as the only 18ki but was able to grow because she was alone. Asked alot from her senpai to improve. Happy that she got to team up with Naamin who she liked for a long time, was a reliable captain for her. Zukky apparently was the one in charge of the dance practice :yikes:. After naamin got eliminated, she was nervous and didn't know what to say her but naamin was the one that congratulated her about moving on in the program.
    Mentioned she was close with tanaka rei who made it pretty far in the 18ki auditions. (the dream for her 19ki is dead now that she is in senatan group) Sae learned alot of dancing from her too :hehe:
    Naru apparently helped sae learn some dances late at night too!
    Sae said she has a tendency to say she is confident even though when she is not... it kinda pushes her forward through her.. unconfident-ness :tongue:
    She felt she was slowing her team down during the Candy Pop dance in terms of learning the dance... but Yui never said anything negative to her and gave her kind words & took alot of time to help her practice. :)
    Past talk! When she was a kid, she actually wasn't that interested in idols but more into MUSICALS. In junior high school, she began to like idols because she saw a musical staring an idol. She emphasized she still loves musicals. It blends her talents of acting and singing very well and she hopes she can appear in one someday... When asked about a favorite musical, she mentioned "Les Miserables" ft Ikuchan. Since it was staring an idol, she started to like idols too! (It all adds UP :shocku:) Seems she liked Nogi at first because of this. And then Rena's kennin... she learned about AKB? (interesting pathway :eek:)
    She says she is an idol who is good at studying and.. english :^O^: mentions she is still studying French
    Sae think its scary to travel alone, even in Japan :^^;:
    To wrap things up, she believes she grown alot since oof48 started, like her dance skills, her expressions while performing for the final screening...

and as we all know, Sae made it into UNLAME :1st: honestly I was very hostile to the idea of the program that seem it will take the girls away from AKB but I think now I have soften my stance... looks like they just meet up once a week to film tiktoks and call it a day anyway :fear:

• Like Like x 6
  14. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland

sae1.JPG
    (tower pose, she got a couple this stream)
    Sae's first stream of 2024! Since its the Coming of Age day, she decided to wear a uniform :shock:. Bragged about her haircut she got recently, have to freshen up the bob :eek:. It seems her older sister celebrated her seijin day thus why she is fancied up for her family pic. She is about to have lessons after the stream but she wanted everyone to see her uniform :^O^:. It's not her school uniform btw. She took off her blazer at first to show off her cardigan but she put it back on because she think it looked better :^^;:.
    Sae wants to do some acapella singing today, not the showroom karaoke :eek:
    Talked about the handshake event on Christmas, she dressed up as santa for the first time in her life.
    Busy end of the year with the karaoke theater performance (too bad she couldn't karaoke) and the u22 senbatsu theater show. She almost cried from watching yukirin's solo. Mentions she hope 18ki can participate in the karaoke one day due to her, Kohi, and hinano's abilities :shifty:

sae2.JPG
    Hinano pops in her screen about half way through :p

She started doing some acapella singing from requests from the comments. Music to my ears :approve:

• Like Like x 5
  15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Short dance movie for the new UNLAME release on 1/19:

• Like Like x 1
  16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Short UNLAME dance movie with Sae and Hiyuka:

I had another online talk with Sae earlier today. She said that the next UNLAME release would have an MV and she looked very happy when I asked her about a KKS coupling song for the 63rd single. She didn't reveal any details of it but it clearly seemed to me that she likes it and maybe she's center? We'll wait and see!

• Like Like x 1
  17. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    • Like Like x 4
  18. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just received a copy of the magazine. I've scanned the two pages of the article and uploaded them to Imgur so clicking on these images should go to full-size versions:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Nice! Thanks for sharing clear scans! :)
    Here's some light translations of the interview/dialogue :

The JP text by google OCR + some personal fixes

EN Translation assisted by ChatGPT: (beware of errors! I tried to minimize but there must be some left lol)
    Mahopyon and Saechan are so different personality-wise I can't believe they are oshi-ing each other! [hehe]
    Saechan is not adult yet so going to yakiniku is the best they can do for now. Maho will wait till Sae is 20 to bite her head during drinking sessions~~
    So Saechan wants to go to Germany next time. Adventurous girl!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    She is not the only one to be frustrated. While she centered U22 song, she caught the third spot in do the dance, where Mizushima, Hirata ranked lower than her & Azu was not even a front member. I feel betrayed as she probably does.

In the U22 song, all the girls from the first scene of the front lineup made it, except her (center) & Remi (fourth spot), (ironically they both are the prettiest).
    Maybe it was a punishment for Sae, as she wasn't as active, as management would expact her to be.
    If her & Remi wouldn't be the next one to choose, I'll start questioning their decisions even more. I already disrespect NMB48 a lot, wouldn't like to think alike of AKB.

• Disagree Disagree x 1