Single Nogizaka46 35th Single [Chance wa Byoudou] (2024.04.10)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Feb 12, 2024.

1. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Remind me exactly like Maiyan last A-side, an experiment song, indeed. Mizuki won't get another Nogi-esque A-side because she already centered two A-sides like that.

The song is unique, added more color to Nogizaka's main discography. Eventho I personally think for this genre Zenbu Yume is better. I hope it'll grow on me, like every Nogi's single had been.

2. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I usually love sentimental graduation single, but I really like this one too. I've been repeating it since I heard it this morning. Such a fun, catchy, bop song.
    And I don't think it can be compared with Zenbuyume or Shiawase, both are rather lackluster to me. I was actually mad when my oshimen graduated with that boring Shiawase (sorry for those who like the song).
    I've been out of touch with Nogi for a short while, but this single might be bringing me back.
    Looking forward for the MV, I hope it's a nice one.

3. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Get your groove on. Step into it! I dance, you dance, next week at CDTV Live Live :v:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

After quite a few listens I thought to myself is this really a graduation song? High school graduation season is in full swing here in Japan and would this be a good song that can be remembered like Sayonara no Imi? I know Sayonara no Imi is a popular graduation song outside Nogizaka fandom and certainly is a tall order to beat. But let’s compare Chance wa Byoudou to other member’s grad songs and I feel Mizuki got the short end of the stick.

Is this song bad? I personally think it’s feel good happy dance tune but no way consider it a proper graduation song. When I hear songs like Harujion, Sayonara no Imi, Kaerimichi, Saigo no Tight Hug, Shiawase, Koko ni wa Nai Mono so on and so forth I immediately think of the graduated member evoking great memories. With Chance will it get any chance? Time will tell.

As I said before this is a good supplemental song. It does feel to me that mgmt was blindsided by Mizuki’s graduation announcement and they had no grad song ready to go.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I think we'll remember it as Yamashita's graduation song. It will come on and we'll curse it for not being as spicy and grand as other member's songs. We're gonna wonder why Yama didn't get something better. To be honest, I've only listened to the song that one time at its first unveiling so I'm a bad judge, and I'll always, definitely know it was Mizuki's.

6. manamonn

manamonn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    松井玲奈、田村真祐、池田英紗、宮田愛萌、佐藤美波
    4th round of sales

3rd gen:
    Hazuki: 0/30
    Riria: 0/30
    Kaede: 0/30
    Tamami: 0/30
    Ayano: 0/30
    Reno: 0/15

4th gen:
    Sakura: 30/30 (2nd round)
    Kaki: 30/30 (2nd round)
    Mayu: 30/30 (+6)
    Saya: 30/30 (+8)
    Yumiki: 30/30 (+11)
    Ayame: 10/30 (+9)
    Kuromi: 8/30 (+3)
    Runa: 3/30 (+1)
    Rika: 1/30 (+1)
    Miyu: 0/30
    Mio: 0/30
    Yuna: 0/25
    Rei: 0/20

5th gen:
    Nagi: 30/30 (2nd round)
    Teresa: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Aruno: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Miku: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Ioki: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Nao: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Sakura: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Satsuki: 30/30 (3rd round)
    Aya: 30/30 (+9)
    Iroha: 1/15
    Hina: 0/30

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    ^Kuromi is rising, I think she might return next senbatsu. Pretty much this will be the line-up for the next single:
    3rd gen: Yoda, Kubo, Ume, Renka (4)
    4th gen: Endo, Kaki, Tamura, Yumiki, Kanagawa, Kuromi, Tsutsui (7)
    5th gen: Nagi, Teresa, Miku, Ioki, Sakutan, Satsuki, Tomisato, Aruno, Aya (9)

If we got 21 senbatsu, Yakubo might be included.
    And there's no way all 9 top-seller from 5ki not included again.
    As someone said, when 6ki comes, a few of these 5ki might fall out, just as what happened to 3ki and 4ki in the past. So they should maximize 5ki potential before 6ki comes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    I know they seem to rush the single, but damn Mizuki solo cover is everything *__* and of course the design and other editions are nice too.

10. NyanNyan's Pet

A-Graduating
    B-Next batch to graduate
    C-Next in line to carry the group
    D-Strong support group
    R-Going back to Under :v:

So 20110821 was the final audition for the group's 1st generation of members. We all know what No 46 is. The blurred Nogizaka46 on Yama's cover and her standing outside probably means the group is moving on without her. Yoda takes one last picture before they bid her goodbye. They all look chill. The stamp was nice. Overall, I like these covers.

CDTV

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  11. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    Really pretty covers!

The concept is very fitting. Zukki outside the train while the others continue in Nogi Train. The aesthetic is there despite this single being hella rushed. Strong zenbu yume no mama vibes.

R is for Regular and Returning to Under.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rmn89

rmn89 Member

the train reminded me of Knight Bus from Harry potter lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gingko_Balboa

Gingko_Balboa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    山崎怜奈 - 石森 璃花 - 松田好花
    These 3, seems they didn't messed up their eyebrow setting this time. [hehe][hehe]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024
  14. NyanNyan's Pet

• Like Like x 3
  15. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    I just saw the MV. Ume grabbed my attention immediately. MV looks nice and am growing to like the song though it's not as impactful as some of Nogi's other hits.

Cheers!

17. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    For you viewing pleasure...

• Like Like x 2
  18. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

A little bit disappointed with the mv, they could have go all out with it but they just stop at that one filming set. Don't get me wrong, I like the fashion show mannequin stage style especially the last part but then they went with a white "backstage" set that looks cheap compared to the other location.
    The white "candy" costume is not bad but the fashion set costume are boring except for Ume. And again, I still have the same opinion since first performance, all 3rd gen members definitely not the main point of the song but its a fully 100% wasted senbatsu lineup.
    Watching Monopoly mv after, the quality and budget just looks 10 times better compared to this. I guess they wasted all the budget to hire the 250 extras .

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I really like the song. I think I'll keep playing it later when I am working. Nice song for my working mood booster.
    MV is okay. So, when Yama share Insta story with P.I.C.S studio door, that might be a spoiler that the MV is a full indoor MV.
    My only criticsm is the hairstyle. They should go with retro hairstyle to match the MV vibe.
    Also, need more Terepan, Mao and Kawasaki-chan screentime.:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. NyanNyan's Pet

I didn't expect much or should I say, that's all I was expecting. They all look good. Nothing much to say about the choreo. Setting is just fine, I think. Now I just want to see the rest of the songs.

MSta