How did you discover AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Korewahondes

Korewahondes Kenkyuusei

First time I see a S48er speaking about Hinoi Team ! :) I love them, they made some great dances (dynamic, sexy and technical) and their songs bring you a lot of energy ! [rock]

To answer the question of the thread, I discovered AKB48 thanks to Dakaniel who showed me the Play after School pictures at the end of June, 2009. In fact, he did that to tell me that they were going to come in France for the Japan Expo. And he was very persuasive 'cos the first two picturtes I saw were Tomochin's : this one and that one. So I was just like : :omfg: :^O^: :cute: :drool:

Then I searched and watched their PVs (all those before Oogoe) ans was just like "ok, not bad but...". But Japan Expo was great and my opinion began to change. But there's one thing I still believe: Tomochin is an angel ! :inlove:

I just wonder who would have been my favourite member if I had discovered the band through its PVs...

2. Dakaniel

Dakaniel Kenkyuusei

And I discovered it because I found that photobook merely by cchance. A curious click, that was all and I wasn't even really interested in it really. I just thought wow cute damn it exists all hail seifuku.

Well then I looked a few clips on youtube and instantly disliked them (yup lawl) since the Stage of AKB48 are waaay different than a classic anison concert (like the Animelo Summer Live). Since at the time I had no "reason" to like them (popular anime singer? none... yet beautiful? no idea the youtube quality is crap plus there's like 20 of them so I can't see if they're really pretty individually.)

Then like good boys we waited for the Japan Expo (which I understand was waay behind NYAF in term of members.. grr). Well I waited, he was quickly becoming an addict and found out Tomochin~~ would have her birthday on the 3rd day!...

Then it was concert day and I did something I will regret for the rest of my live i quit the line cauz i couldn't bear waiting 1 hour more...

I joined the concert at its last quarter. Even at 100 meters I was entranced and the magic began. AKBINGO was what really got me strangely, caus' of the special clips at the end, the all dance one and a few insane moments.

I'm sort of afraid to read my post, it must sound like an emo ranting... should edit the thing...

3. ChrisjinXIII

ChrisjinXIII Kenkyuusei

I was in this Japanese marketplace when my sister and I were looking for the latest Arashi magazine. While I was reading the magazine I had found I noticed a article about Watarirouka Hashiritai and how (I think) their newest single was about to come out. I took interest at the fact that they looked so young yet successful. I looked them up when I got home that night, come to find out that they are just a smaller part of a bigger group of young singers and I was astonished [rofl] "48 GIRLS?!" was what I said. So i decided to listen to their music and I was instantaneously in love with their style and dancing.

4. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    At some point in 2007, I saw an AKB video in the related of some Morning Musume video. I can't even remember what it was at this point, honestly... but I was like "Huh." and then I think Max showed me Aitakatta and omg I HATED IT.
    Honestly I still kind of hate it. [speechless]
    but then you know, I stayed as a casual fan for... less than 2 years. XD

Max had been bugging me for like, a half year to get into AKB and I don't know, I just find him so annoying when he's trying to get me to listen to music (I HOPE YOU SEE THIS, YOU DORK) so I made myself completely against the idea. but then julia (tokaikko_x) was showing me stuff like Junjou Shugi and Kuchiutsushi no Chocolate during the summer and I decided that I wanted to be a fan. So I downloaded B3 because everybody recommends it and, well, HERE I AM NOW.

I'm surprised I became a fan so quickly because it took me over a year to learn H!P. Maybe two years. And now I feel like I can consider myself a fan of AKB within about 3 months because I've learned all of their names and nicknames and listened to all of their songs and am just madly in love with it all. <3 Also, mostly everything Mayuyu does makes me cry like a baby because gewoirhweorho I love her more than any other idol. <3 <3

5. Hikaru1

Hikaru1 Kenkyuusei

THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT THE REASON I GOT INTO AKB48 IS BECAUSE OF ..........MENDOL.....

HERE'S THE STORY..

I'VE ALWAYS ADMIRED JAPANESE MUSIC. I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT JAPANESE MUSIC HAS THIS KIND OF BEAT THAT'S VERY CATCHY NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF SONG IT IS. I ADMIT THAT I NEVER EVEN CARED ENOUGH TO LEARN ABOUT THE SINGERS BEHIND THE SONGS THAT I ENJOYED SO MUCH. NOT UNTIL I BOUGHT MENDOL-IKEMEN IDOL DVD THIS OCTOBER. (I KNOW I'M A YEAR LATE LEARNING ABOUT MENDOL). I'VE LOVED THE OPENING SONG SO MUCH THAT I DIDN'T EVEN CARE THAT THE SONG WAS LOOPED WITH SCENES ON THE L PARTS OF MENDOL.( THE PRESIDENT AND THE SECRETARY). THE PERSON THAT CAUGHT MY EYE IS NON OTHER THAN........ TAKAMINA [angel] [angel] [party] [party] [party] , SHE LOOKED REALLY COOL IN MENDOL [rock] [rock] [cool] [cool] [cool] AND HER SCENES WITH RAY WERE VERY INTERSTING, FUNNY, MEMORABLE AND LOVELY, OTHER THAN THAT IN THE SONG RELAX! THE OPENING OF MENDOL, SHE REALLY LOOKED LIKE SOMEONE I KNOW. SO I WENT THROUGH WIKIPEDIA AND FOUND OUT THAT SHE'S THE LEADER OF TEAM A ( FOR SOME ODD REASON I WAS REALLY PROUD THAT I PICKED HER AS MY FAVE MEMBER) ANYWAYS I WENT THROUGH YOUTUBE AND TYPED AKB48 THEN FOUND THE SONG SEIFUKU JA GAMA WO SURU. AFTER THAT I WAS HOOKED, SINCE I FOUND THEM THIS YEAR ALL THEIR SONGS WERE UP IN YOUTUBE, AND FOUND THAT I LOVED ALL THEIR SONGS. AN INTERESTING FACT ABOUT THIS IS THAT I FOUND AKB48 JUST 3 DAYS BEFORE THEY RELEASED RIVER (MY NO.1 FAVE SONG SO FAR)

WOW... I THINK THIS IS THE LONGEST POST I'VE WRITTEN SO FAR...

6. PrivateLaughter

PrivateLaughter Kenkyuusei

I just started to get into H!P and then I saw that a certain Atsuko Maeda was high on the Mixi Charts for some reason and I wanted to know exactly why.
    So I started to inform myself about AKB48 and without even noticing it in the beginning, i totally fell in love <3

7. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

I've been a H!P fan for five years but recently it's been a bit...boring, honestly. I follow a few idol bloggers and most of them are now blogging about AKB48 instead of the usual H!P. My interest was piqued so I gave it a try and here I am! I'm still a complete new fan and only know a few of the girls names but I love it so much. It's so...refreshing. Something new, y'know?

8. madcat338

madcat338 Kenkyuusei

I think i first found akb is that i was searching for sakura in youtube for some song and then i saw Sakura no Hanabiratachi. Click and could not stop listen to that song every day and i think that time was the release of Oogoe diamond. I just like can't find any song newer than that. After some days without knowing about those tv program and also stager, the feeling is kinda fade away. It came back during my last trip to Japan and found this shop selling akb song and have a tv showing akb pv outside the shop. Went in like a dumb boy and thinking to get a akb cd but i don't know a thing back then. Simply grab the Chu Shiyoze and bought it happly went home [rofl] .
    Later back to Malaysia and begin my mega search and found H!O and then this forum. After that begin to learn the names and until now still learning :D

9. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    i first found AKB48 when i typed in the keyword "seifuku" on youtube search thinking that the results i was gonna get were Lucky Star related ( at that time, i was into Lucky Star and constantly listened to the OP and ED). instead i got seifuku ga jama wo suru PV and started watching and it had english subtitles and the subtitles made me go 0.0. i really liked the song but i seriously starting liking AKB48 when i first saw minegishi minami in seifuku ga jama wo suru wondering who that was cause she was really cute in that video (when shes putting makeup on) which made me start to watch more PVs and while i was looking for minegishi, i also enjoyed their music. in the end, i became a hardcore fan of tomochin cause i confused her for minegishi (the PV angles were too fast for me to compare)

10. akbglorious

akbglorious Kenkyuusei

Me? Hmm..
    Last year was the first time I heard 'AKB48', but didn't bother to look them up. Later that year on a boring day, I was bored (obviously) and decided to go to Youtube. I didn't know what to watch, but AKB48 came to my mind, so I typed it in, and clicked on Namida Surprise. First I thought it was a video clip, instead of a song (you know how AKBs singles start of with some acting or talking?) so I decided to watch on and thought it was pretty good. I think that's about it. [think]

11. Makito

Makito Kenkyuusei

From being a MM fan. (I still am)

A lot of people were bashing AKB, and I just ignored those comments for like a couple of months. Then I decided to check out one the new single of the time (Oogoe Diamond), and I liked it.

And ever since then I liked, BOTH, AKB48 and MM. Ignoring any bashing of either groups.

12. jmusicvidfan

jmusicvidfan Kenkyuusei

I watched the drama Mendol, wiki'ed the actresses of the drama, then found the group. The first song I listened from the entire group was aikatta, and was amazed by thier music, which led me to becoming a fan.

13. maruha

maruha Kenkyuusei

i heard about them ,but didn't pay too much attention to them .When I saw the sakura no hanabiratachi PV,i became a fan of acchan&yuko.Since then,my love for AKB48 is nonstop.

14. mamboberg

mamboberg Kenkyuusei

i was looking at some random forum thread on a certain pop group from korea. i try to youtube them and this guy who posted the korea girl group also posted akb48. in fact, i click wrongly and instead of watching the korean group MV, i was taken to AKB48 "River" and the rest is history. [hehe]

15. bokchoy

bokchoy Kenkyuusei

MENDOL~!

I fell for Riku and then searched them up

then got addicted

then changed my oshi to sae

and now here I am

16. rafaelaboy80

rafaelaboy80 Kenkyuusei

First noticed AKB when I went to NYAF for the first time and saw their live at webster hall. They was awesome,Tomochin was too <3 and so here I am now still fanboying.

17. wehe-kun

wehe-kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    i was boring with my 3500 old songs in my HD (metallica, RATM, iron maiden, black sabbath, dire straits etc.. [rock] - btw. todays popular songs just make me sick..) so i try to find new alternative, typed jpop girls on youtube search [blush] .... i found akb48 :^O^: , .. and shit...i become wota until now and download almost everything about them .... ...live is sad somehow :cute:

18. Neostar

Neostar Kenkyuusei

I was just randomly watching Japanese music videos ...then omg akb48 ...so ...so AWESOME [cool] [blush] :inlove:

19. jaix3u

jaix3u Kenkyuusei

saw the websterhall concert and wished i was there so i did some more digging into them, started watching majisuka gauken and men*dol. now completely hooked :)

20. roninbuddha

roninbuddha Kenkyuusei

this was in 2007

"hey man, i heard you like idols.."

"yep dude, why?"

"check this out, there's like 48 of them..."

"man, what?! this is too ridiculous... OH JAPAN :V"

and slowly.. yeah.

or something like that.