[PSP GAME] AKB1/48 - Idol to Koishitara... - 2010/12/23

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Jasey, Sep 14, 2010.

1. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Re: [GAME] AKB1/48 - Idol to Koishitara... - 12/23

True, but when I see people who become too engrossed into playing dating sims at the expense of real social life it really makes me sad. I don't think there's anything wrong with having some fun playing games, but then people in 2ch come up with articulate theories as to why love plus is better than dating a real girl, or read news about buses full of people who go to Atami with their DS to spend a nice summer vacation with their non-existing sim girlfriend, and I go wtf D:.
    I think that's the main problem people have with dating sims ^^. Just wait till this piece of news is posted on arama and see the comments there. D:

2. shonenfan4

shonenfan4 Kenkyuusei

this is great news indeed, I guess it's time to dust off that old PSP to prepare for this game. I didn't see any links for preorder, I guess its not available for preorders yet? [wonder]

3. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Wow! That is EXTREME!

Aight, I'm now totally for the idea of playing in moderation with a clear definition of that line between socially acceptable and frighteningly disturbing.

But still that doesn't necessarily mean I'll go out to buy the game. Or a PSP for that matter. I really don't game. *shrugs*

4. Des-LAW

Des-LAW Kenkyuusei

:omfg: I'm ecstatic right now. [party] :^O^:

[rofl] :D [speechless] :( :fp: wallet raep...

5. ohno

ohno Kenkyuusei

I don't think this game is targeting people who prefer 2D anime girls if that makes it any less creepy.

6. Amrai

Amrai Kenkyuusei

Somewhere talking about Sayaka A. and AKB
    I like the psp but why'd it have to be pink lol.

That price...it's too much...XD

7. BunnyKaisui

BunnyKaisui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Wow, 1st AKB's videogame and it's a sim date? Nice xD

I love all the stuffs it comes with the game :O I'm interested in the Making of DVDs!!

8. lonewolfryuu

lonewolfryuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    this is just crazy LOL!, an AKB48 game actually happened, i really like the idea of them having thier own video game though the dating sim genre isn't something i'd honestly enjoy, specially it's cram full of Japanese only texts, i know it's kinda big in Japan but to each his own i guess, if i wanna play a Japanese only game i'd usually turn to Project Diva, SRW, SD Gundam G Gen and A.C.E. series ... TBQH, i wish this game was a comedy slapstick fighting game using Majisuka Gakuen as reference or better yet a musical/rhythm game like Hatsune Miku or the soon to be released K-ON! game w/c would make perfect sense since AKB48 has a lot of songs in their repertoire and they are in the music business, but it had to be a dating sim :p ... i can imagine those hardcore gamer wotas calling thier PSP 's as Acchan or Yuko cause in the game she's his girlfriend, kinda creepy IMO LOL! ... just my 9 cents :)

9. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Yeah, I was thinking that too. Oh well. I bought moejong for Team B's voice acting, I'll buy this for... all of it :XD:

10. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

I've been thinking... since we DO need a translation for this game (well, at least the majority does), it should be easy enough to create "softsubs" (well, not actual softsubs, just.... makeshift softsubs)

Just taking screenshots, running them through an OCR and then have someone who knows a bit of japanese translate them. like that we'd at least have the scripts which is better than nothing

11. windal

windal Kenkyuusei

someone will definitely create a language pack for it though, at least the china fans will for sure since its like piracy sharing heaven there...

12. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

I demand an English version of this game or at least a subtitle.

Why don't they create a SIMS-like game where you play as Aki-P or a wota?

13. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    (Yet another) article reporting the announcement (as well as the press event), this time from Famitsu.
    There's a lot of additional screens from the game, and some of them also show a list of choices the player will be asked to select when talking with the girls. I wish someone would translate the text, so that we can get a clue about the level of interaction between the characters and the protagonist.

14. Whistler

Whistler Kenkyuusei

I generally don't play dating sims though I have nothing against the concept. But with the characters based on real people, I think that some kind of line is being crossed here.

I do want to see Takamina's part though, just because I want to see more of Takamina.

Now, about the dialogues being fully voiced, that actually makes me not want to play the game. I mean, the voice acting in ICE was horrendous. May be that's just me because I'll openly admit to being a seiyuu otaku. Acting in drama and narrating for a show are one thing, but the girls can't really voice-act. Even Takamina, as much as I love her, is only bearable in the few instances that she voice acted.

I do want a PSP, but if I do get it, it won't be because of this game. [think]

15. jmusicvidfan

jmusicvidfan Kenkyuusei

Considering that the KH BBS bundle costs about $200, and it's just a basic silver psp and then the game, the $400 is more on the verge of affordability. Also taking into consideration that it's an AKB48 product, it's probably one of the most reasonable things I've seen for them in a sort, I'm the kind of person that thinks $2 is expensive for a pack of gum, because the game is probably worth about $50, and the normal 3000 system is about $150, then you add on that it's like a 'custom' PSP it adds to it's value by atleast $50-75. Then tacking on the UMD video that is probably worth $40, the making of disks that probably are worth atleast $20, battery covers run at about $2-4 a piece now days, changeable disk jackets aren't worth that much probably, maybe $10 for them, the kiss marks are just a fan added bonus on a peice of paper, but are probably worth $5-15, and the boxset is like an added bonus.

most of these prices are arguable to peoples own worth, but these are just my personal opinions and the prices I THINK they're worth

Sorry for ranting a bit, but I just wanted to point out that it actually isn't that badly priced. Sure the pricetag is expensive, but you get what you pay for in my honest opinion.

16. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Here you are.

AKB48, the idol group produced by Akimoto Yasushi, is now so popular that everyday they are seen on tv or magazines. The girls, who perform based in their theatre in Akihabara and enjoy immense popularity as "idols you can meet", have just achieved their first official console videogame, produced by Bandai-Namco. The game "AKB1/48 If I was in love with an idol..." for PSP will be released on 12/23, and will have 4 different versions. (What follows is a lenghty description of the contents of each pack). "AKB1/48 If I was in love with an idol..." cannot be overlooked by AKB48 fans. The game was announced in a conference on 9/14 in Tokyo.
    The game producer, Hirono Kei, said this game was made starting from a suggestion by Akimoto Yasushi. The concept is "Dump 47 girls and choose only 1". In the start of the game, all of AKB48 members love the player, and you have to keep dumping them despite their seduction or love confessions until you are left with only one. "We think we've made a game that didn't exist before" said mr. Hirono. This will be a truly luxurious idol game.
    Nothing we didn't know or expect XD

17. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Thanks for that. Hopefully it's not like The IdolM@ster where there's a timer to select an answer... this looks more visual novel than arcade game though so it should be ok.

I'm going to take a wild guess that there won't be too much unique dialogue per girl; they'll have the same basic text for each situation (eg talking at the park, or at the amusement park, etc) so translating for one girl will cover situations for all of them.

I'd just like to say that people shouldn't expect a full translation of this game though. There will be a LOT of text involved, and considering how few people we have with Japanese skills in this community... it's WAY too much work, even if everybody stopped translating blogs etc. It would be virtually a full-time job. Not to mention the technical expertise required to do things like extract the script from the game, to hack the game to insert English etc, so there definitely will never be a fully translated version. The best you can hope for is a general text guide. I'll happily help put together a rough guide for like the menus and stuff, but...

(I'm still only in my second year of Japanese study at uni so all the super casual dialogue in the screenshots is painful to read... :lol: )

18. Whistler

Whistler Kenkyuusei

^ Actually, from what I can see from the screen caps, the dialogues appear to be unique for each girl.

Takamina's line actually mentioned her 'suberanai hanashi'.

19. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

^ Which would make it all the hardest to translate the whole game (not for quality of the text, but for sheer quantity D: ) I agree with mr. Waffle. I could translate it all, as per Japanese knowledge, but tbh I'd only do it if it was my job and I got paid because it's not that different in terms of workload than translating a huge block of commercial documents, albeit surely more fun.

20. Wolfic

Wolfic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Well I'm glad Japan still loves the PSP, seeing as how it's always been my favorite portable game device.

And, frankly I don't really see that much of a problem with this game as it only further reinforces the whole "idols you can meet" sort of thing.

AKB48 has already released tons of videos where they confess their love to you, stare at you really closely, or even kiss you. This is just a way of taking those concepts and making them into a game.

Though I will admit I'm not that big of a fan of dating sims (I'd always prefer visual novels more), due to the clicheness of the gameplay and the lack of an interesting story, but I'm looking forward to this game because it also offers a chance for you to see more of the less publicised members in various situations.

Not to mention the replay value.....