[NEWS] AKB48 teams to be regrouped (October '09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by dudu, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bou-j525

bou-j525 Kenkyuusei

[rofl] I was wondering why this thread was back [rofl]
    Damn Gideon I can't believe you remember something like that !!!

It's so funny to see everyone's reactions xD
    Well, I became a fan of AKB48 after the new teams, so I can't really compare how I would have reacted if I was there. But now that I talk about it... I'm going to read this thread just to laugh a little xD
    But even so... When I began to like AKB, all I could hear was "New/old teams". And of course I never understood what it meant...Plus, I didn't know about stage unit and AX so... The only songs I knew were the singles. And then I watched the stages and AX and I told myself "wth ?! Who is with who ?!" [hehe] And then I watched the video about the news teams. So after seeing the old teams performances and the news one...

Well, I think team A changed --> probably because I don't know most of the girls. Like, just when I learned the name of the OLD team A, I realized there was a new one :asdfgh: :wall: God... Why do I like a group where there are so many members !?
    Team K is my favorite --> Cause I know who is who. And I like Yuko/Sae/Miichan/Tomochin/Sayaka. And most of my favorite songs are from Team K. Sorry Takamina -.-
    Team B --> Team B is a team I don't really know about. I want to learn more about them before comparing the old/new.

What else can I say ? I regret not knowing the graduated members >_< Especially Maimai, when I watched the old AKBingo/AKB1ji59fun!/AKB0ji59fun! episode, I thought she looked funny and nice.

2. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

I became a fan in early November of 2009 so there was big confusion when I first entered. I remember everyone still being very heated about the announcement.

Before the shuffle, I liked each team but with a slight B-ias. However, with the new teams it's clear that shin K is my favourite. The girls, the songs, the style! :D (I honestly had a lot of inner-turmoil with choosing K as my favourite, though, because I'm used to my type of idol being cute... aka what Team B is all about~ so even though my oshi is in shin K, my heart was still set on shin B. But that has since changed &... yeah. I can safely say shin K is my favourite.)

3. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

^ I became a proper fan around the same time.

I think I was pretty happy. For some reason my favourite Team was K and my favourite members were Reinyan and Tomochin...? So I was happy, I think. And I think back then I liked Sae, Sayaka and Yuuko too...
    And I was also a Mariko fan.......
    I don't remember xD I think I was pleased that Reinyan and Tomochin joined K.
    But I thought the new teams were better anyway....
    [hehe]

long live old team k.

But I found out why AkiP did it!
    Now, the average height is 158cm roundabouts (only the decimals vary from team to team) and the average age 18 years old. (same exceptions)

4. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    And you know, the senbatsu members were more even throughout the teams.
    (Until they kicked a B and K out and added two A)
    Edit: Jaseypi schooled me.

5. Moy

Moy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Re: Re:

...BUMP!!!

6. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Best bump ever, imo.

So how DO we feel about this almost two years later? I, for one, still miss original Team A a lot. I've grown to love all the teams over time, but yeah...Ori-Team A all the way :). :awesome:

7. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

This was a mess and I wish it would've never happened. Now Teams don't matter at all in AKB, it's just a mass of girls randomly singing and dancing [hehe]

8. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

^Basically.

i understand that there was no way senbatsu would've been balanced with the old teams, but it seems like the new teams don't have any kind of closeness the same way the old ones did. It just feels wrong to me ):

9. frenchymelody

frenchymelody Kenkyuusei

• Oh wow you guys scared me with that bump, at first, I only saw the "[NEWS] AKB48 teams to be regrouped..." and I went like "WHAT ?", then I was like "wow so many pages already, what the..." and then I saw the date :lol:

I'm kind of okay with the new teams, except for a couple of girls who'd fit more in other teams than her current team (like, Yuka, Nacchi who basically belong to K, Tomochin who was perfect in A...)
      I loved ori-Team K so much I'm not really objective talking about new K actually xD I like it but... like MaxtheMan said, it seems it's way less family-like than before : /
      When I'm bored, I often try to switch the girls again and make my own teams xD

But meh, what can we do about it ? :XD:
      (except predicting who's going to graduate this summer and in which teams the limbo KKS are going to be promoted :hehe: /slap)

10. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

^ :hehe: i already did that in the seibu dome thread xP

11. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

And I actually feel the way I did when the announcements first came out now.

I actually prefer the new Team A just because I've never liked old A, but I hate new K and B. I don't feel like any of the teams are close at all, and I hate the combinations of the members (which is why I don't like watching K6 anymore. =/).

12. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    I said I was fine with new B last year but I'm so not lol. I was still like, WELL IF IT'S AKB IT'S FINE then. I'm a more bitter fan now.

ori B T___________________________T

13. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Yeah... the new Teams still kind of suck. Now there isn't as much versitality since a lot of the time, similar girls are grouped together, rather than how rag-tag it was in the Old Teams.

On the bright side, I love some of the new full members the regrouping brought in.

14. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

It's not bad, just OK!

The shuffling was "suppose" to "fix" the teams by balancing out the vocals and dancing, but, you know... it didn't work out that well.

Some members in Team K should be in Team A or B, some in B should be in K or A and some in A should be in K or B.

It's all messed up!

I love the sub-units, though... No Sleeves :^O^:
    DiVA and Not Yet is OK for its debut. Both units should get better as its members mature [rock]

Let's hope many members will stick around for another few years before graduating or moving onto SDN.

15. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

Also, it's kind of ridiculous how unpopular new K is.

It used to be A>K>>>B for popularity but now it's like A>B>>>>>>>>>>>>K in terms of what sells fasted. It's kind of depressing ):

16. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I'm still indifferent to Team A, I now love Team K instead of disliking them, and I now dislike Team B instead of loving them. So nothing has really changed except for B and K switching places [hehe]

17. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

I know everyone misses the old teams & I know I'm in the minority for saying this but: I like new Team K more than any of the old Teams. I can sort of understand what everyone is saying about the closeness of the old teams (as I became a fan a few months after the announcement) but I think new Team K is a really close team! You can really see it in their performances-- during the intros the girls in the back row (Sakiko, Tanamin, Reinyan, Ayarin, & Ume) are always having a blast! They're always laughing at each other & making jokes. I really do think the girls of new K work together well & all get along great. I don't particularly follow the other Teams that much, but from what I can see new Team B is fairly similar.

Again, I'm in the minority, but I'm very glad they decided to shuffle the teams. New Team K is fantastic. <3

18. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

Basically just this. :hmm:

Though I kinda grew to love new B a lot recently. When I saw past Mayu and Yukirin, there are some great girls in that team. And B5 is so amazing… AHHH BOKURA NO KAMI HIKOUKI WO

K6 & A6 aren't really doing the other teams many favours tbh.

I don't like K being the obscure team and I feel like they're lacking something... Maybe a fresh lemon? :omfg:

And to me, A ARE SUCH A MESS OF A TEAM. WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON AN HOW CAN YOU CALL THAT A TEAM?! I love loads of girls in A but I can hardly say I like that team. A feels so empty and distant :| K have amazing teamwork, and B seem to have at least bonded a little already. I dont get A though, sorry. ._.

19. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    Re: Re:

Looks like we need another bump next year to see whether the new teams can catch up by then :D

20. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

Quoting for truth. :hehe:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.