[Drama] Majisuka Gakuen season 2 [2011.04]

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by z3144228, Jan 23, 2011.

1. arhaii

arhaii Kenkyuusei

The alternative was to have Maeda beat Shibuya easily again. So I guess this much more dramatic and worthy of an ending. [clap]
    Great fighting spirit from both sides.

2. rini_ribbon

rini_ribbon Kenkyuusei

-Acchan had to turn herself in. It is her nature in both this AND last season.
    -Gekikara's IV drip. Still pushing herself to all extents and fighting well!
    -Shaku still had her ROCK necklace.
    -THE QUEENS GOT DECENT SCREEN TIME!
    -Dance is still cute as ever.
    -The other schools did nothing. Figured.
    -TakaDeka just sat back and waited. I guess that's how they tied her ex-Yankii past into this; she knew it was important that they settle their argument.
    -I'm a bit "meh" about Centre and Nezumi's end. It was alright, I guess.
    -Seeing her friends fighting against her must have made Shibuya reconsider.
    -I didn't expect Acchan and Shibuya to fight. It would have just ended in Shibuya's defeat, so I am glad that she had some emotional movement.

In the end, they had 30 minutes to end all of the drama they caused, so we couldn't have high expectations.

The instrumentals during the CMs while streaming were glorious. :inlove:

3. firestarter912

firestarter912 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Sorry my dude, its this ending thats got me unsatisfied... i'll fixed now :^^;:

4. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

No problem I feel your pain and frustration but look at this way... All the other alternative ending were so predictable so I applaud the fact that it ending this way. I was sorta like that high moral type ending.

Acchan turning herself end showed that the yankee spirit and such in not above the law and there are consequences to going around beating the shit outta people. So I'm kinda happy it ending this way because it made all those bullshit fight scenes of Acchan being Batman and the whole Yuko request thing come full circle. And also gave Shibuya some development at the end, but yeah I was somewhat expecting Miso to pop out as stab Shibuya or the Habu turn on Shibuya.

5. rini_ribbon

rini_ribbon Kenkyuusei

I'd rather we imagine their futures. I've never been a fan of complete closures like that.

This way we could let people write fanfics or imagine that Acchan was released from jail in a year, Gekikara gets back her necklace, and eventually graduates with the rest of this Rappappa and Centre and Nezumi get married rule their class like before, but they have a better friendship.I was kidding about the marriage. :D I'll just keep imagining that they continue to go to MajiJo.

I would have liked to see Miso, too. Maybe not stabbing Shibuya but relevent for more than one episode. "I stabbed Gekikara, and then skipped off to jail never to be seen again!"

Batman Acchan and the Three Oshimas were the worst thing about this season.

6. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

Rini_Ribbon, Give me second....

YT is up:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP98wJX313g[/yt]

7. firestarter912

firestarter912 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Heres what i thought should have happened midway during the season
    -After Miso stabbed Gekikara, she stabs Shibuya and Nezumi takes over
    -Shibuya has time to reflect on what she did and how she's made Yabakune into a lethal yanki gang
    -Nezumi betrays Centa, Centa and Shibuya join Maeda and gang to take down Nezumi
    -Ending would be Nezumi vs Centa&Maeda, Miso comes and tries to stab both Centa and Maeda, Nezumi gets stabbed instead, everyone stops fighting, crying scene and cut to hospital where nezumi is being taking care of and Miso is in cop car
    -Nezumi wakes up makes up with everyone, and ending credits with graduation. everyones happy :awesome:

8. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

So I've had sometime to digest this now that the season finale has shown. I don't think the Batman Acchan was such a bad thing but just the reasoning behind it was stupid. We all know Acchan CAN'T be stopped right? The only person more powerful than her at the time of season 1 was Yuko. (Acchan was equally as powerful as Sado.)

Center, Shibuya, others.... it would have been pointless to have them get beat up... So here's what I would have done.

Acchan still goes off to be Batman, she doesn't ignore the school but she just doesn't think she's needed all that much cause Otabe is there or she just can't be contacted. Yuko the actress could have been used in flashbacks and it still would have had the same effect and kept our respect as fans. Also, I was thinking about the DC character know as Deadman. Basically he's dead but can jump into people's bodies and take over. I think being the monster and power that Yuko, she could have popped in and out or something like Bruce Willis in the "sixth sense" and still gotten her screen time.

But the biggest thing I have an issue with is Takadeka vs the Takamina character or season 1. This season really killed any maturity that Acchan had at the end of season 1. She was holding on to Takamina and then she completely latched on to Yuko, while ignoring Takamina's thing about being serious. I think Takamina should have been used in the continual flashbacks we saw of Yuri and Acchan and somehow Yuri also knew Takamina and came to Majijo out of respect for both Acchan and Takamina. Then they would have all gotten great respectable screen time.

After watching the season finale, I think the whole detective character wasn't a bad idea, because I liked they way it resolved. "can't take the law into your own hands" but I really don't think they should have used Takamina as it distracted everyone into thinking how was it going to effect Acchan when they finally butt heads. The Takamina character of season 1 was too important to have Takadeka be the same person to the viewer.

Instead I would have used one of the more popular graduated girls from AKB48 that are in SND48. There are some right?

That would have but more of an "adult feel" to the detective character and thus more respect to the idea of "yankee soul vs the adult world". Not to mention give some needed attention to SND48 in the future.

So we could have still had the basic storyline that we witnessed unfold tonight, but just a few elements changed to kept certain key points of both seasons strong.

But still the finale was MUCH better than I imagined. The cameos were short and funny at times (SADO [hehe] ), the music cues worked well with the season 1 and season 2 people, and makes me think there can certainly be season 3. I'll have to wait for the subs to see how much Waseda said, because
    it seemed really pointless for them to be on lookers.

BTW this was the greatest little gem I got outta the live stream chat:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhjcuGFOAHQ[/yt]

It's like Disney meets AKB48

9. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    One thing they can accomplish this episode

It seems they can have every AKB48 members to have cameo this episode.

10. rini_ribbon

rini_ribbon Kenkyuusei

Akasan, the way you quoted seems to have malfunctioned a bit. Was that your addition about IV rack vs. knife?

I never thought about Gekikara going right after her, which she would have. Good observation to whoever made that comment!

The police were the way they decided to give Acchan a "dignified leave" similar to Yuko's death. Even though being arrested isn't exactly good, it is much better than her running off or taking the leadership away from Otabe. Dropping Minami as a character was definitely a distraction. I will agree that all of us were waiting for some connection, but it became an idea from Season 1 that was completely ignored.

Instead of Batman Acchan, I would have liked to see her run away from the leadership role. Even though she promised Yuko to protect it, she could have been torn between being serious and fulfilling Yuko's requests. Then Acchan could have left Otabe to watch it while she went to ponder this. We would get both Yuko and Takamina as flashbacks! No triplets, no ignoring. At some point, she could find a letter from Yuko addressing her which would make her realize she could be serious and a leader at the same time, so she goes back to Majijo. This keeps Acchan's character more like the one she had in season 1 while showing evident changes. However, even if someone triggered her with "maji", I don't think the police would have been searching for her unless she had multiple crimes.

11. bobo

bobo Kenkyuusei

I love how all the old members came back, all had a little screen time!
    I just love the part where Gekikara walks in with her unique laughter, holding a iv pole, it was so cool!

Although there wasn't much Black but it was great that they pushed Gekikara more in this season! She really did make the whole drama worth watching!

I definitely want a season 3!!!

12. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Best program ever.

This episode gets an unprecedented 48 thumbs up!!!!!!

[boom] [boom] [boom] [boom] [boom] [boom] [boom] [boom] [boom] [boom] [boom] [boom] [boom] [boom] [boom] [boom] <3 <3 <3

13. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

Yeah sorry that was me... And as long as I'm messing up quotes know that I'm responding directly to you.

The thing about the Yuko's season 2 request is that the way Acchan took it started to mess with Yuko's season 1 request. Yuko loved nothing more than Rappappa, Majijo and Rappappa loved her back. Yuko TOLD Maeda she's at the top now, and then Takamina told Maeda to be "serious". That's why that one episode in season 2 with Yuko in the hospital pissed me off so much. It was like "Wait... THIS is why she's going off to be Batman???"

The thing about Maeda was she never wanted to fight because Takamina died and now Yuko is dead. But I would have much rather Maeda worked an "Unwanted leadership" role or "Fighting to find her wall" than this "I'm doing it for Yuko" thing...

And I know what you are saying about the letter thing, but just like the lucky "telephone call" Yuka got right before Yuko died it would have all seemed like a plot hole cover.

But playing around with your letter idea I just got this idea:

Maeda being at the top of her game would have still gone and done the Batman thing but finally gets stabbed or hurt way too much and ends up in the hospital running from the cops. Sado is the nurse taking care of her and give her the note Yuko informed Sado to give just in case "Maeda couldn't cope with being on the top"...

Sado and Yuko already have that relationship of dethroning people and also being dethroned. So that would have help Maeda coupe with her situation. And then maybe Miso stabbing someone important on Majijo side would have been the tipping scale for Maeda to come back....

14. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
  15. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

Holy Crap... That page just exploded with members. I was just there a few hours ago... LOL

Actually I didn't even take that episode that way. I thought they covered all bases pretty good considering the way this season has been consistently "filler like" and fight let downs. Even Team Fondue got their practiced formations in...

That was really funny to see them work as a team even though they've never been in a fight. I think even Lemon got her classic headbutt in.

I knew it was going to be a cool battle when Gakuran did that sliding kick on the table. [rock]

Even SHAKU leveled up somehow!! Even though I hated that one episode and Shaku sorta annoyed me this season for being... well Shaku.... I still like how her and Janken meet on the battlefield and I even mentally said "Yes!" with impressiveness watching Shaku lay the Smackdown in that one scene.

Kabukicho sisters leveled up...

That was a nice touch seeing Yabakune's old memebers come back. Surprise indeed.

Biggest disappointments: Team Hormone and Habu.

Team Hormone almost seem like they gotten weaker this season while being narrators and story movers for season 1, became pointless members of Rappappa season 2. The nickname "Team Loser" is now forever etched in my brain.

Habu was such a big part of this season, I'm really disappointed they didn't do anything in the final episode. When I first saw Daruma back with a big sack. I thought it would be cool if all 4 members of Habu fought her. Wouldn't that have been something right? Jesus, for all that pushing they were doing on Shibuya and the way they assembled everything (Yabakune and it's alliances) I really thought they would have been pissed at the end.

Disappointing...

Attached Files:

16. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I thought you were talking about the ending :hehe:

I liked the ending though. I'm not expecting anything spectacular ever, but it was a good way to wrap it up. Also Yui was SO badass! Her kicks were amazing!! :inlove:

17. boardgamegeek

boardgamegeek Kenkyuusei

i did not like the ending and here is my alternative ending

-All the ex-Rappapa show up and beat the crap out of Yabakune. Then the ex-Yabakune join forces and it was an all out battle. Maeda show up and challenge Shibuya for a 1 on 1 fight to settle the score. Shibuya put up a good fight. let's do a few slow motion punches for the fans :smile: Shibuya's eyes are bleeding and she still manage to hang on. Shibuya head butt Maeda and Maeda is getting serious !! Both of them exchanged a few more punches but Maeda is too strong and she defeated Shibuya with an uppercut !!

Dance run up to Shibuya and she starts to cry. Dance is getting angry at Maeda and she wants to fight Maeda. Shibuya yell at Dance and Dance show a glimpse of her fighting spirit. Shibuya realized she made a mistake betraying Rappapa. At this moment, the police show up and arrested Maeda. All the girls are chanting Maeda! Maeda! Maeda!.

To tie thing up, all the 3rd years students will graduate including Gekikara :smile: The last scene show Miso is staring at the camera !

[​IMG]

18. frenchymelody

frenchymelody Kenkyuusei

I liked the fight scenes <3
    - Double headbutt by Mukuchi, Otabe + Gakuran's awesome kicks~
    - The Kabuki sister's level up is damn awesome too :cute:
    - Sado and Gekikara were pretty badass, Mariko is good as a kick-ass yankii~ even if the nurse outfit was kind of weird xD

- LOL not that scary girl from Battle Royale 2 as Yabakune old leader again xD
    She's freaky 8D

- Umechan is DAMN HOT as a yankii xD and Haruna's legs :cute:
    (lol Daruma and her huge bag of chicken wings of victory xD)

- Shibuya seemed pleased to see old Rappappa... as if she was meeting long-time-no-see friends o__o she didn't seem really harsh or harmful against Rappappa xDD

- Majisuka Rock'n'Roll in BG music moment = <3 <3 <3 <3
    - Sutegoro and especially Nakamata looks really classy ;A; want season 3 with them xD
    (lol @ Shaku's cryface)

- And nice ending credits :blush:

... so I assume now Center/Nezumi (as a set kind of like Kabuki sisters) are vice-prez in Rappappa ? (or at least Center)
    Hahaha now Maeda's in jail and Center has Nezumi... Gakuran is free for Gekikara :awesome: /slap

19. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    I miss hikki :( Came back from organic chemistry midterm all excited because it'll be the start of my wondrous weekend, and turns out no episode is up because he couldn't be here to cap it :cry: Hopefully someone else uploads an HD episode at Hello!Online sometime soon.....please?

20. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

I emailed he/her to try and help of take over for this episode, but I guess hikki already started traveling.

Here's the best thing I found so far. Seems like the best quality. I'm just going to wait till Monday as ProjectSub48 has been really good this season with the subs. I hope I can repay their kindness somehow.

http://pureidolheart.blogspot.com/2011/07/majisuka-gakuen-2-ep12-quick-upload.html