Morning Musume

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by freezingkiss, Jun 5, 2007.

1. cRaZY MiKi

cRaZY MiKi Kenkyuusei

i dont like both pandas
    thats why i was celebrating when Miki left the group

2. Iruko

Iruko Kenkyuusei

Thats why I happily included the Friday article which started it in your package :p
    Figured it'd make you happy to keep that as a reminder XD

3. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    Okay, can I just add that people referring to Junjun and Linlin as the "Pandas" is VERY offensive?

It's like referring to African-Americans, etc. with the 'n-word' and using the first three letters of "Japanese" for the Japanese people. It's a very offensive and racist term.

I'm not pointing at just you haruna, I see it happening in other forums too and that's not something nice to say. It's basically a racial slur.

4. kaito

kaito Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I agree with ameki, when I read the post I was a bit surprised. I'm sure you didn't mean it in an offensive way, but you shouldn't really use that term.

5. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    I was quite shocked when I first saw people referring to the Chinese girls as pandas, but after seeing this this, I assumed it may just be a nickname for them. Pretty silly nickname in my opinion, since panda can be used as a derogatory term for Chinese people.

6. Erena

Erena Kenkyuusei

XD me too..I don't like Junjun >.>

7. Nessy

Nessy Kenkyuusei

I don't like that people don't like JunJun and LinLin just for being Chinese and won't even give them a chance because they have preconcieved notions about a group that they didn't create even though the actual creator of it is obviously okay with having non-Japanese girls participate so it's really not a big deal.

8. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    ^ amen to that.

It's not like the new girls are going to save the group anyway. God I miss when it was just up to 5th gen and still had Kei ;_;

9. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    I was surprised too when I saw that.

But then I think it's okay use the Panda as a 'symbol' of sorts, because the Japanese will know it's an animal from China etc etc. It's probably the easiest association to the COUNTRY. But actually labelling the girls as them is what's insulting.

10. cRaZY MiKi

cRaZY MiKi Kenkyuusei

oops
    -runs away-

but i still dont like them =P
    Actually I'm still okay with LinLin
    I'm really annoyed by JunJun

I saw her during GAM concert
    MM girls were there watching from 3rd floor..
    Junjun's head was huge

11. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    Junjun's head was huge

LOL. Funniest thing.

You know there hasnt been a good gen since 5th. Sixth was flawed and seventh and eighth are just blah!!

12. cRaZY MiKi

cRaZY MiKi Kenkyuusei

Really?
    I'm a huge fan of
    6th gen + 4th gen reject (Fujimoto Miki)

13. erin

erin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I can't wait to hear Linlin and Junjun with everyone else. I'm sure they'll sound great. =D

Anyway, can anyone reconmend a good MM concert to purcahse? I'm going into the city to go on a shopping spree at Kinokuniya, last time I went they had a fair selection of H!P dvds. I'm hoping they'll still have some. I can always order from them if they don't (just gives me an excuse to go back. XD).

14. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

I think it depends on which member you like most, second, and so on since they always change members.

15. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

linlin sounds great! one of the best voices in MM's history.. too bad I dont like her >.<
    but you wont get disapointed ;P promise xD

16. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

I don't understand why some people has so much hate against Junjun and Linlin :confused:
    I mean, why hate them just because they're chinese, that's not their fault Tsunku/UFA choose to go for something new. And I don't really think people can hate them for other reasons since we don't know them yet. I like them, I don't care if they're chinese, as long as they learn to sing in japanese and ofcourse talk it.

Linlin's voice is good, and Morning Musume needs that. And I like Junjun because of her age, she's 19 years old, finally a new member who's older than me. (I'm the same age as Reina)

- Oh, and i like the 6th generation. Eri and Reina <3 (miki has a very nice voice, I just don't her personality)
    So for me, it's just the 7th and 8th (not including Linlin and Junjun) there's been dissapointing.

17. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

yeah! looks like miki did a great decision by leaving MM.

18. poke

poke Kenkyuusei

Yeah it does look like Miki saw it as a good chance to quit after getting caught huh?

Now MM looks like they're scrambling to get back on their feet after they had lost their last person with a personality. Dark Michishige is now rising up even though she's always been trying to portray a cute image. :lol:

19. Nessy

Nessy Kenkyuusei

I really like their recent 2006 Aki Odore Morning Curry--really well put together, tight setlist, (there are some sweet duets,) live singing (ehh Koha might have lipsynced Balalaika but it's iffy,) great costumes, cool set...and some weird extras. (Short clips of the girls offering you curry? Remake of Koi no Dance Site? Ehh?)

Also a big fan of Yuko's graduation concert (Morning Musume Live Revolution 21 Haru), Morning Musume Love Is Alive! 2002 Natsu (Gocchin's graduation concert), and Hello! FIRST LIVE AT SHIBUYA KOHKAIDO. (<-you won't like that one if you're not a fan of first/second gen Momusu)

20. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    Morning Musume 2002 Love is Alive! Maki Goto's grad. It kicks all kinds of booty and was the first MM concert I saw. xD