Oba Mina (Minarun) / AKB48 9th Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Re: Oba Mina / Team 4

Oba is back. Good! She is a gem in the rough that should not be passed over.

2. MoeKare

MoeKare Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    moekare_100

oh good. Minarun is back! Welcome back!! :awesome:

3. tmx1992

tmx1992 Kenkyuusei

Awww. Just be glad that the girl who told Haruu to "Sharrup (Shut Up)" is gonna be back soon! [rock]

4. oddball

oddball Member

^

:D had forgotten about that, brought a smile to my face, well it's gonna be interesting when she comes back, new year, new start and all that......

I wonder if she will take back the captaincy, not sure it would be good for her to do so actually, I think she just needs to come back in and, well, get on with it really and not have to worry about captain stuff.

Really intreauged to see how she will cope with coming back and how she will be effected as an idol in popularity and stuff, I suppose at least Team 4 are behind her, so that has tro be a good start.....

5. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan

[hehe] That's part of a team spirit!

6. chiuchimu

Talking about Oba coming back. I just saw the Live @SBD clips. Oba is in them. That was probably the last think she participated in before they suspended her. Still, Nice seeing her again.

7. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

is it confirmed that it is a contractual agreement that you were supposed to have never had a boyfriend and never drank alcohol prior to joining?

i don't think it is. that's kinda weird.

8. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka

You are not supposed to break the law (under age drinking)

Boyfriends are frowned upon, so do not shout around that you had one e.g.: be discrete otherwise you get into problems.

And no, no-one knowns if the no boyfriend rule is in the contracts, but everyone who got caught had problems, its a genereal idol rule anyway.

9. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

i can see that but is it contractually retroactive? is my main question.

i also know from personal experience that japanese business deals are much more trusting with verbal agreements than our US contemporaries.

irregardless of my views on gender equality, i really think the whole "let's dig up dirt on the past" behavior is lame. i'd hate to my lose my job and be shamed all over the internet if someone figured out i accidentally stole a book in the 4th grade from the book collection.

10. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I doubt if it will be worded that way. More likely, there'll be some sort of representations made and signed by Oba Mina before she signs the contract to be hired --- probably boiler plate language like she represents that she is of good moral character, had not violated the law before, has never been arrested, etc. That way, anything from her past becomes a violation of the representations she had made regarding herself when she was hired. So it's not that it's prohibited by contract, it's more like she misrepresented herself and that they might not have hired her if they knew of her past actions/behavior.

For the dating, it's also unlikely that it is worded into the contract. It's more likely that it's some sort of company policy.

:)

11. chiuchimu

^ Right. So ,in the contract might have something like:

" I XXXXXX agree to follow all company policies and guidelines ...."

and the company policy could have been verbal or in writing. I bet its on a form they filled out and signed when they auditioned since it would be foolish to go thru all the audition process first, then tell the girls "by the way, you can't be a member if you've had a boyfriend or ..." lol.

12. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    I imagine something like that. :)

And they have to be careful with writing down company policy too. Verbal is probably okay as you can deny it or claim that what was said was misinterpreted.

I think things like "no boyfriend" will not be written anywhere but everyone knows it exists. It can be written as something like "unless allowed by the company, member shall not engage in any activity that is severely disruptive to her performance of her work"

There's certain things that you probably can't prohibit but you can word it into something allowable and in the end prohibit the same thing without saying it expressly and perhaps getting in trouble with whatever laws they have regarding contracts or company policy. An example would be a prohibition against getting fat. They probably have that rule but it's most likely written down in some really obscure way but everyone knows what it means and that getting fat is one of the things that are prohibited.

13. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

On a tv show last year they said the 3 rules of akb48 are(probably not in this order)
    1. Not allowed to fall in love.
    2. Everyone can bathe with everyone.(this is basically saying senpai/kohai whoever doesn't matter)
    3. Write your name on your food and drink.(because otherwise someone else will eat it and it will be your own fault)

Oba Mina didn't have one currently so didn't actually break a rule hence suspension not expulsion.

14. chiuchimu

^ Yeah, as I understand it, Oba didn't actually break any rule. She was suspended for being 'uncareful' with her image. As an IDOL, management expected her delete/not have things on her blog that could cause negative rumors or scandals.

As far as having the "No Boyfriends allowed" in writing, I think they do. That's not too much different than stuff I heard about in America. Something like: Cheer leaders can't have relations with Team members, Military personal can't have relations with someone in the same unit. etc...

15. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    there are privacy laws to consider too. generally, your private life is not supposed to be regulated or intruded into by your workplace. :)

for cheerleaders in school, it can be prohibited since it's just like a club and you can just be excluded from the club but if it's professional cheerleaders who do it for a living, then the workplace generally cannot regulate what you do outside of work. The can't have same relations in the same unit or same department at work is allowed because one person can be promoted and the view is that you will treat the person you are dating favorably. It's the same reason for allowing the prohibition of relatives working in the same department. :)

haha, anyway, this is getting too complex. Let's just welcome oba mina back and see how this incident affects her popularity. Do you think she'll be reinstated as captain?

16. czy

czy Kenkyuusei

Idols have a tough life trying to keep a perfect image.

Anyway,
    Welcome Back Minarun :)

17. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

^^I hope you're quoting the Japanese privacy laws. Since I have no idea what those are I can't tell but I'm just checking you aren't assuming other country laws onto Japan.
    (apologies if you are but it happens too often on forums)

18. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

AKB 1/48 Guam Making Of Footage

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu3bNfbuCag[/yt]

19. GATX105

GATX105 Member

@Blu-Cherri
    ah no, chiuchimu was talking about american laws re: cheerleaders and the military and I was responding to that. but you know fundamental laws are fundamentally the same especially for progressive countries but that's a different topic. :)

Anyway, I believe the conclusion was he thinks you can specifically say no bf while I think you can't just flat out write it down. Neither of us are certain and these are just opinions.

Moving on,
    So even if minarun's first reappearance is not until 2012, she's probably practicing with the other members(?)

20. AlbeeThePanda

AlbeeThePanda Kenkyuusei

I don't know if this video was posted before but I just want to share this video.

I know a lot of people like the original better but I only want to say.........I almost oshihen to Minarun because of this video :^O^:

MINARUN COME BACK SOOOOOON!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 why can't time go faster :XD:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6IABlaz6YQ[/yt]