AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Lol, they're not Indian :D , but Indonesian from the group JKT48: something like AKB48 but located in Jakarta. Go search it up, its quite interesting how the franchise of AKB48 is spreading to other countries. [clap]

2. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Other ways of voting for Senbatsu

Hi all, I'm quite a new fan of AKB48, 4 months already :D , and I wish to participate in the voting for the Senbatsu members (Mariko FTW :p :hehe: ). The only problem is that I don't live in Japan and so I can't buy the Manatsu no Sounds Good album. Is there another way to vote? Please enlighten me :cry: , I really want to support Mariko [worried]

3. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48
    LOLOL, [hehe]. I think that Kojiharu is just a bit of an airhead... Just look at how her responses are, especially in AKBingo :D. But Yuko and Mariko are definitely really smart, just watch the ads on youtube (Nissin 'Light') and some AKBingos and you'll understand it :)

4. A93x

A93x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Re: Other ways of voting for Senbatsu

arifer1995: Hello, welcome to the forums. But even if you don't live in japan, you can still buy a CD online right? The ways you can vote are listed in the wiki here.

5. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Have you noticed that KojiHaru opens her mouth alot ? I'm not sure if she realises it or it could be sub-conscious. For the others, Mayuyu and Miichan are really smart and Rie Kitahara too I believe.

6. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Lol yeah! It's really amusing whenever she does that, its like she doesn't know what she's doing!! :D :D :D

7. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

i already saw it, and yeah, i thought she was from india.. lol.. [hehe]

hahaha,, i always notice it also,. :lol:
    i dont know why, maybe its her expression when shes enjoying the song.. :lol:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

The AKB member who is closet to an Indian is the RS Saeed Yokota Erena who is a half-Pakistani.

http://www.akb48.co.jp/about/members/de ... kota_erena

Or perhaps you already know as your name is "KnightofErena" ?

Just want to add something to answers already given.

Some members do their highschool by long-distance learning (via mail or internet) and some by tutors. Mayuyu is famous for taking the latter route as she appears in the CM of the tutor school that she used - it shows the tutor actually came to the backstage for the tutoring session.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ycrxTgn40[/yt]

As such, members like Mayuyu would not have issues for school acitivies like sports day or school festival.

9. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    KnightofErena is our resident Erepyon-oshi (see signature). ;)

10. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

^ Sure, I noticed Erepon in his signature :) I was just teasing him as there is this other Erena around :)

Just to answer one more question:

Oddball gave a very good explanation. I just want to add that besides being a vehicle for girls from the same agency, one key idea for the sub-groups is to let the girls sing songs that would not be that suitable for big group singing AKB style. The songs sung by the sub-groups are like the sub-group songs in their theater set-list performance sung by 3-5 members. They can of course put those songs as a coupling song to a AKB single but usually those slots are reserved for the under-girls or shuffle groups which are still large group in itself.

Another key idea is to boast the publicity for certain members, and having a group is easier to sell than selling a single member's solo. It was said that for no3b, the first such sub-group, none of the 3 members would be able to sell even half of what they can sell as a group if it is released as a solo of one of the 3. On the other hand, the newest sub-group Not Yet was established mainly for Yuuko and Sashi but Yuihan was added at a late stage precisely because she was deemed to deserve such publicity (as well as that a 4-member sub-group has not been done before for AKB).

11. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Not quite. Before they were made up of five, then seven girls, Warota 7 was a 4-member unit and released their first few singles as such.

[​IMG]

12. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

^ So there was a period when Warota is a 4-member unit? The interview I read about the formation of Not Yet mentioned about the lack of a 4-member unit as a reason of adding Yuihan. Perhaps they were referring to the present state or in recent memory - I admit I have absolutely forgot that Warota once had oly 4 members...

13. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Yes, and there is another case:
    [​IMG]
    Tomochin, Erepyon and Maachan...too lovely too forget (and one of the reasons why Tomochin is one of my favorite members ;) )

14. koba

koba Kenkyuusei

Yui was not added because there was no 4 member units but because there where already enough units with 3 members. A other reason was that if Not Yet was a 3 piece unit Yuuko would be center and when thinking of a second member to support Yuuko Sasshii would be too weak. So he added Yui to balance it out.

15. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

^ Double-checked old data and you are absolutely right.

One thing I want to add is that the case of Yuihan's joining Not Yet is a case of exception that goes against oddball's explanation of AKB sub-units consist of members of same agency. While Yuuko, Sasshi and Kitarie all belong to Ohta Production, Yuihan is still under AKS. Fans have been discussing where Yuihan will head in future (as AKS is just an agency purely for AKB members who have not signed up to an established agency) and the thinking is that as Yuihan wants to be a singer in future and Ohta Production is not particularly strong in the field of singers, Yuihan may end up in a different agency.

I read that Yasusu made the decision of adding a 4th member at quite a late stage. Perhaps this explains why they did not limit themselves to someone from the same agency as Yuuko, Sasshi and Kitarie.

16. koba

koba Kenkyuusei

Yui was scouted by Ohta (announced at SSA). She being scouted/joining Ohta was no surprise at all as it was only a matter of time.

17. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

^No surprise, but no guarantee either. My point is that Yuihan, aiming to be a singer, may end up with another agency, and there is no binding rule saying that everyone in a sub-unit must be from the same agency, although all coming from the same agency makes it easier for the girls to schedule their activities.

18. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

a newbie question,, why is that when im uploading a picture, i always attach it, or change it to required size.. while other can post 3-8 pictures at the same time with kb size in front.. lol.. :^^;: :lol:

others are like this.. :cute:

while mine is like this... :^^;:

Attached Files:

19. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Many of our users upload their pictures to off-site image hosting services instead of using our attachment system. It's easier to manage if you got a whole bunch of pictures and it also doesn't make our server fill up as fast.
    Some have had their pictures on Photobucket or Imageshack get removed before (or their account's disabled), so currently we're trying to go with something else. I would recommend getting an account at either Imgur or Postimage.org. A few people have reported problems with the latter, but it seems to be working fine for most.

Shoot me a PM if you're not sure about how to use them.

20. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei