Single AKB48 27th [Gingham Check] 12/08/29

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Sammy48, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Interesting.

No matter our personal assessments fans will go out and buy, no matter it rubbish or good.

My take is pretty different, maybe coming from a different angle.

Gingham Check: an average standard AKB song, could be any JPop group song. Actually considering the occasion and importance of the release ... was a bit of a failure. PV not related to anything maybe, just for the show. 6/10

Nante Bohemian: Is something different and AKB need to add these odds and ends to break up the monotony, and have to recognise not all the fan base want to hear stock standard warm milk JPop all the time Its OK, no worse than GC 6/10

Show fight! was Ok something about it a little annoying but still as good as the other two. 6/10

Do Re Mi Fa Onchi: Quite easily the best song of the lot. The PV very standard, but for the group maybe the best thing was just satisfy the fans with a good look at the girls. And the song seems to fit quite nicely with the PV. And these are just not any girls, they are girls who have bunches of AKB fans out there who really want to see them, and I think this PV satisfies that need. 7.5/10

I also gather each group was set a budget for their PVs with the biggest slice going to the main show.

So of the group songs.... I would rank them ..

1.Do Re Mi Fa Onchi:
    2. Show fight!
    3/4 level - Nante Bohemian/Gingham Check

One quite good song, the rest nothing special.

2. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Daily Motion Upload.

[dm]xt1tiq_akb48-pv-2012-08-gingham-check-yyyyyyyy_music[/dm]

[dm]xt1xlu_akb48-pv-2012-08-yume-no-kawa-yyy_music[/dm]

[dm]xt1tpm_akb48-pv-2012-08-nante-bohemian-yyyyyyyy-under-girls_music[/dm]

[dm]xt1tob_akb48-pv-2012-08-do-re-mi-fa-onchi-yyyyyyy-next-girls_music[/dm]

[dm]xt1tte_akb48-pv-2012-08-show-fight-future-girls_music[/dm]

3. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Nante Bohemian give me thought about this is when k-pop meets bikini :D

4. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Short impressions:

Gingham Check - PV is great. Love the tongue-in-cheek homages to stereotypical B-grade Japanese films. The use of proper English (not Engrish) only drives this home further, coupled with an atypically high, Western MV-level production values. Still, the song's the weakest of the A-side bunch thus far this year. Let's see how this song goes long-term.

Nante Bohemian - a very fashionista, but not high-class and stuffy, PV; "VOGUE", "Esquire" were the words floating in my head. Doesn't have Gingham Check's X-factor, but still stands out fairly well on its own. Special mention goes to Akicha who looked awfully saucy here. Now about that infamous "AYAYAYAAAA~" earworm: it's certainly unique but it's also its weakness. Can't do without it, but the other part of me wants it chopped off. The rest is right up my alley - strong beats dance number, moderately fast tempo.

Yume no Kawa - PV comes off as slightly cheap-looking and a tad rushed: looks as if they took bits and pieces of various props lying around the studio, added a smoke machine + faux water + strings orchestra, and filmed it on the go. It's decent, but could be done better in my opinion. Beautiful song though and a fitting farewell piece for Acchan.

Do Re Mi Fa Onchi - nothing too remarkable as far as the PV is concerned. Kinda like a hybrid of existing similar-style/look coupling PVs from across the entire -48 spectrum (e.g. NEW SHIP, Vamos, etc.). I listen to the song though, and first thing I thought of was "Eurobeat x early '00s fast-tempo Canto-pop". May work over time, maybe not. We'll see.

Show fight - good PV. Echoes much of that gritty style as seen in Area K, but taken up a notch as far as "violence" is concerned. As for the song, this is great. Love these types of fast-paced, high-energy, strong beat songs.

5. moeisthebest

moeisthebest Kenkyuusei

For me, the order of ranking goes like this for PV:

Yume no Kawa >>> Do Re Mi Fa So Onchi >> Gingham Check > Nante Bohemian > Show Fight!

Yume no Kawa...no arguing it. The most beautiful song mixed with the most beautiful members and the last PV Acchan is in. It gets full marks just because it is the best PV I've seen to date.

Do Re MI Fa So Onchi was pretty good. I really like the song and the PV, although it wasn't flashy, was nice to watch. Reminded me of what a NORMAL AKB48 video would of looked like. It felt kind of natural and easy to listen and look at.

Gingham Check had a lot of things that made me cringe. I still stand by my point about screentime issues but the video in general was kind of messy. Most of the characters didn't even have a purpose and the story was way too random. I love random things, but there's a point when it becomes ridiculous instead of enjoyable. All I have to say is who the hell that guy is to be so close to Yuko . I was about to flip the table when I saw that scene.

Nante Bohemian was ok to watch. I am actually glad for Takajo for not making it into the senbatsu. She had plenty of screentime and is the center of attention here. At least when she moves to JKT, if we don't see her in Japan, we can watch this video to see her :cry:.

Show Fight was plain stupid. The song, the action, the things... Yeah...I hated almost every bit of it.

6. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    In my reality, this is how the songs fared (and im not counting the PVs since aside from GC I only listened to the rest in song, thus it wouldnt be fair for me to count the PVs in)

Gingham Check - Easily best song that AKB released for the year. The song is catchy, has a nice tune and is also rather cheerful. And really, so what if its like a standard j-pop song like most critics here stated? As much as I love AKB, I wouldnt so as far to say that their music is different from J-Pop considering their 'average' J-Pop songs is what got me into AKB in the first place. Also, compared to how boring Managuu was......I actually much prefer GC over it anyday ~ 9.4/10

Show Fight! - A very high energy song, being a lot more serious than the last 2. I love the soft chanting of "Show Fight!" in some parts of the song and the chorus is really the crowning part of the song, it is really quite addicting and really adds to the song. I can see myself listening to this when playing games because of the high-energy tune it has and would definitely enjoy more songs like this from AKB in the future. Closest contender to Gingham Check ~ 8.9/10

Nante Bohemian - A more dance-tempo song compared to GC, to me this song seems to mix a kind of latin/mexican/foreign theme with the usual J-Pop, which is kinda interesting tbh. I can see this song being used as dance music as the chorus(?) goes and I wouldnt mind seeing more songs along the lines of this in the future. But it still falls short compared to Gingham Check ~ 8.8/10

Do Re Mi Fa Onchi - My least favorite song of the lot....honestly, I couldnt even listen through this one...I mean, its not like its bad...I can find it a little too on the boring side for me ~ 5/10

Overall I'd say that - Gingham Check > Show Fight > Nante Bohemian > Do Re Mi Fa Onchi

Just figured I throw mine own opinion into the ring as well. Cheers! :awesome:

7. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I should have not watch all those previews and photos of Gingham Check the first 2:30min was already known and the other parts were shown in photos so I'm not that excited while watching it. Good one still, too short I believe or what I expected.

Nante Bohemian is just gorgeous, I got to see lot's of Amina. And Akicha is awesome as always; UG Center, against Senbatsu last, isn't that bad at all when she got to hug that camera that much! :nb:

Woo Mutou is kinda impressive in Show Fight I like her act here.

Do Re Mi Fa Onchi is interesting due to the fact I get to see lots of girls that's been missing in the previous PVs. :hmm:

It seems giving 64 girls slot in the election was the best idea ever mostly because we got PVs that's fairly distributed by votes!

8. djchern

djchern Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    For some reason when I was watching the PV it reminded me of Bimyo... :D :D :D

Song is pretty catchy though. Nothing will hit the heights of Heavy Rotation but oh well.

9. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

well its kinda challenge that someday she have to take in process of grown up idol.
    well at least we know she wrap her lips with some kind lips wrapper.

this is means all BIG3 has passed one of the biggest challenge in the idol world:
    1. yuko with her bad scene in drama
    2. mayuyu with her nude pose in photobook
    3. yukirin with her lovely kiss, (damn that guy so lucky)

10. Agito

Agito Kenkyuusei

After watching the full Gingham Check PV, I think i'm starting to like the song. I don't think it'll be a classic like some of their other singles but it ain't bad. The PV production quality on the other hand is top notch and very entertaining.

11. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

PV impressions

Show Fight
    Well it's kinda what I expected, but a little more hardcore...? XD I like the name plates, that's a cool little thing... The last round was 3 girls, Tomu, Harukyan, and Ayarin... XD Harukyan looks amazing, that's all I have to say. lol

Do Re Mi Fa Onchi
    It's very cutesy... XD It's like, the complete opposite image of Show Fight. XD Good contrast for sure. The song itself, I like it a little more than I initially did, I think the PV complimented it well. I like how they incorporated the trophies.

Nante Bohemian
    I wasn't sure about the song with just audio but seeing the PV, it works so good... I really like it. They made it work for an older image, and it's completely different from both Show Fight and Do Re Mi Fa Onchi in image. I love how the strong vocals of a lot of the girls are shining through in this song. I think vocally, it's the strongest song by far. I also just like the setting... XD I'm so glad I waited for the PV to make my decision. I really like this.

Gingham Check
    Well it's still 50% Yuko, 45% Mayu, but I see like 3% Yukirin so I'm happy I guess...? XD Well okay maybe 50+45 is an exaggeration, there was a lot of Yuki in the second half, plus I saw Mariko a lot, and like, Takamina I think... Sasshi was visible sometimes. One issue I have is that they focus SO much on Yuko that they even have to blur the girls in the back. There was a close up shot of Yuko and Jurina was kinda behind her in the shot, but her face was blurred. I mean, I guess that's how it is, but like... It just seemed more blurred than normal blurring, I dunno. XD XD XD I love toward the end how they keep switching between scenes though. XD That's really cool. YUKO KICK!!! <3 <3 <3 lol But wow they didn't use the blue and white outfits at all... Surprising because of the "blue white blue docchi darou" line... It refers to the colors of the gingham check pattern, right? So you'd think they'd use the blue and white... XD Maybe they'll do a dance only version with those outfits...? I dunno. lol I like at the very end with the credits how they have some behind the scenes shots in the upper right corner, with the green screen.

Overall I am pleasantly surprised with the majority of this release... So I'm excited to get my copies. lol

12. m3l

m3l Kenkyuusei

ok... the part where Mayuyu dancing with the ghost team are pretty creapy... :lol:

13. atsuakimayu

atsuakimayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    seeing akicha as the center of kimisuki, and then watching her in nante bohemian my thought is..

well, akicha indeed has grown into an adult [hehe]

oh and that last pose it's just overkill :nb: :D

14. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

Gingham Check - The PV is interesting, but not that much to my liking. I like the little lead in to the song though.

Nante Bohemian - Not that big of a fan of their second outfit, but the elegant style dress stuff is awesome. Members look better than ever and are simply stunning. <3

Do Re Mi Fa Onchi - Looks like Next Girls went the usual UG route this time. PV is a bit boring (compared to the other ones), but I like the theme though.

Show Fight - THIS IS PERFECT. I love it so much. Some of these girls can pull off the tough look so well. Ranran and Ayarin! :inlove:

15. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Song-wise:

Show Fight! > Gingham Check > Yume no Kawa > Nante Bohemian > Do Re Mi Fa Onchi

PV-wise:

Show Fight! > Gingham Check > Nante Bohemian > Yume no Kawa > Do Re Mi Fa Onchi

-----

- Show Fight is da best! Great song and bad ass PV. :)

- Gingham Check ... very fun song and PV. Aaand ... that's about it. Really can't say I "love" it ...

- Great seeing Akicha as Under Girls center ... she looks fantastic. Personally I am glad that she is center of Under Girls and getting a load of screen time vs. being in senbatsu and getting none .....

- Acchan looks so beautiful in Yume no Kawa ... :inlove: ... However, not so sure about the stage setup ... would prefer a more cinematic approach.

- Do Re Mi Fa Onchi ... just don't get the PV at all. And the song is ... quite obnoxious imo. Well, at least the girls are cute. Especially the shark girl. :p

16. Rezvord

Rezvord Kenkyuusei

-just watched nante bohemian pv
    and :awesome: :drool: nuff said
    akicha,sayanee,miyuki,paruru,yagami :awesome:
    undergirls [rock]
    akicha is looking good in black,her image is really changing :D

-yume no kawa:beautiful song beautiful pv beautiful acchan :^O^:

-show fight:really like the music,cool pv,badass miorin [rock]

17. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Curious the way everybody sees all the songs differently. GC is probably the one I think comes closest to obnoxious, really find it difficult to listen to it right to the end. Very plain repetition of standard AKB fare.

And Akicha, looking great 5 seconds before she is off to Indonesia. Well at least it will leave a good memory of her when she was part of a team.

18. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Just watched the main or central song's pv and it was amazing.

I liked the several different films and I liked that each film eventually has a dance.

Normally I do not care so much for the 'dance' versions of a pv, but for this one I would like 4 dance versions of the pv to be released so I can watch them dance in all of the wonderful settings and costumes. I especially want to see the Turbo Super Scary Ghost Story Dance PV.

Are there links to the other pv's out there?

19. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

20. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Thank you.

I haven't watched them all yet, but Show Fight is simply amazing. It is things like this that caused me to fall in love with AKB48 in the first place. I am still tingling from the experience. Such a short period of sound and vision should not bring me such joy and happiness. It amazes me that these young women have such power over me.

They are titans.