Single AKB48 27th [Gingham Check] 12/08/29

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Sammy48, Jun 7, 2012.

1. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

I never considered Acchan upstaged Yuko. I thought of it as an official passing of the torch. It was a nice moment with them on stage as well.
    Her appearance is just more stuffs for the fans before she leave.
    I have no problem with it and I'm a Yuko fan. It's fine.

Beside they never said Acchan was better than everyone else and I'm sure that's not their intention either. [shake]

2. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    They might need something that can explain why AKB post-acchan still sell million or else media would dig for actual reason.

3. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    For a girl who did so much for the group I can take that little cameo in the PV in the positive note. Its somehow the sad truth that the Acchan x Yuko thing did end with Acchan graduating having the upper hand, the PV may have been tailor made to reflect the reality that goes with the intricate politics of this group.

Whether we like it or not its how the management play with the fans. Conspiracies, rumors, scandals and tactics not named yet is what makes the stars shine brighter depending on how they approach it. It might scorch them or make them stronger. So far the group have been taking the risk and reaping the rewards.

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

That's hardly surprising, opinions are like butts, everybody has one... ;) Some fans would like the group to sing typical idolish songs, others would prefer alternative songs, or heavy songs, or disco songs...it depends on the styles each fan likes, so the same song (or PV) is loved for some fans and hated for others... :dunno:

5. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

Although I agree that it's unlikely this one will break Manatsu's record due to various reasons, I'd like to remind you that Heavy Rotation and Flying Get outsold their respective election singles, so "election single automatically get a boost" isn't true :p

6. PucuCuang

PucuCuang Kenkyuusei

The mosnter scene produced by Tsuburaya Productions were created in a complete CGI. and then there is a scene where Kashiwagi Yuki is holding hand with the Hero, because it is presumed to cause a fuss amongst fan, the production house is giving Yuki a pair of glove to wear during the locking hands scene. she also stated “The only people who I can shake hands with are my fans at handshake events”. Also in the intense shooting scene where gunpowder was actually used, Oshima Yuko, Shinoda Mariko and others acted it well by collapsing onto mats many times.

Yeah, why Acchan in the PV?
    -maybe bacause Acchan is still considered in AKB48's family
    -maybe as a fanservice (before GC release, it often mentioned "Acchan in the PV")...maybe as a promo..
    -maybe to remind the fans Acchan was number One, and her leaving will make it hard for AKB48 but the number one can be replaced as Acchan leaves and Oshima come in and report to duty to take the job.

and you know, in the PV Mayu is now the rival of Yuko (motor and car gang)
    maybe Mariko can be the Rival (the thugs and the police)

Hahaha, Imagine as you like........anyway, the management don't give any description about the PV why there is this and there is that.

7. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    Gingham Check CDTV Performance Last Night (close-up version)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvgglZXYZeg[/yt]

8. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    ^ Thanks for the link.

And Paruru sure looks good in there. [hehe]

9. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

AKB48 Gingham Check Ninki-Oricon Score: 590.40
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ns/w/2012-08-24/

Highest Ninki Oricon score yet!

In comparison...Manatsu no sounds good was 570.30...so we could expect a lot from this upcoming single!

(Btw this is based on a survey of I believe 600 people...so I guess 10 must be out of the loop here lol)

10. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    2m perhaps? [hehe]

Any news on how many will be shipped?

11. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Yume no Kawa is really a beautiful song :cute: :cry: ... Such a fitting homage from someone that was the face of the group, against her own will, for, at least, the best part of the last seven years. [clap]
    She is not my oshi, but because I love AKB, the one that we have know and the one that began it all, I have to love Acchan for all the work that she did that contributed greatly for the AKB that we have today [bow] . I will always be gratefull to her for that. :worthy:
    The fact that she was the center for all this years was not something she asked for. She accepted the burden and carried it without ever harming the group [clap] . It's really unfair the way people keep ranting against her. For those that keep complaining about the "favoritism" she got, just keep something in mind, been center is not all happiness, there is alot of pain and suffering involved, just ask Yuko. :yikes:

12. PucuCuang

PucuCuang Kenkyuusei

13. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

Actually I would advise people complaining about Acchan to read the post by Yuko (the one that could have the biggest reason to complain about something) posted after the first day of the TD concert. You can read that at Yuko's thread.

14. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

Although Gingham Check is getting 590.4 NINKI rating, I wouldn't put too much hope in it getting a better sale than ManaGuu. I will be extremely happy if that happen, of course, but I don't think it's actually happening.
    At this point, for AKB and related sub-groups, a slightly better NINKI rating (+20) will just confirm there may be more people buying the single & their ranking in Oricon chart. It, however, won't guarantee a better sale anymore, as wotas may buy less cds / person for whatever reasons there are (i.e: getting broken, oshi transferred, etc.).

I do pray GC will outsell ManaGuu, though, it's the starting point for the new gen / post-Acchan AKB.

15. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    Backup of CDTV Performance:

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/48240516[/vimeo]
    pass: stage48

16. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

When it comes to AKB the quality of the songs being released doesn't necessarily relate to the sales they will achieve. (Look at a a sasshihara single sales, for somebody who honestly is a terrible singer). For there many other factors at play, and at the moment with recent events fan emotions will be high.... and the pockets maybe more willing to be emptied. They may well be able to release a blank CD and still sell 500,000

17. PucuCuang

PucuCuang Kenkyuusei

Honestly speaking,
    the quality of the singer of Yume no Kawa can wow me..

but if it is like Gingham Check and other major singles..for me, the most important thing is the entertaining factor.

and about the sales..Heavy rot only sold 800,000++ but you know...the streak...if I'm not mistaken it was 42+43 weeks...wow.
    popular song doesn't mean high sales

18. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    i haven't paid attention at all to the single until yesterday.

wow! what an awesome pv.
    yuuko looks really hot.
    i love the yuuko/mayuyu dichotomy, though it kinda sucks for the other people because i don't know where they are.

also watched nante bohemian. everyone here is super hot. i didn't expect akicha to do well leading, but she did. now i gotta watch the other ones.

19. ShiroiChanUK

ShiroiChanUK Kenkyuusei

This video is one of their best so far :) I think the director was on crack though. It made little to no sense :lol: Is that Acchan as the sexy police woman or Yuko? <3

20. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    It's a shame these units as they were are only kept for one song, I really like the chemistry the future girls have in the Show Fight video. Shame they won't get a chance to build on that.