Seeing AKB48 Shows (TOC at first post)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Youkokurama, Nov 16, 2010.

1. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

I have a question... if I put my name in katakana when registering to the system, I will not have problems when ID check right? it doesn't lets me put my name in romaji ...

2. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    The ticket center does accept double-byte roman characters, but Katakana will do just as fine. You don't have to worry about it.

If you don't know how to write your name in katakana, feel free to shoot me a private message.

3. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

Oh thanks! now that I remember ... my Student ID has my name in katakana :fp:

4. ryojifuj

ryojifuj Kenkyuusei

Hi,
    I am visiting Japan next month and am thinking of watching an akb show with my friend. However, since my friend is a foreign student in Japan and has been living there for more than a month, he is no longer eligible for the super enpou category right? If so, is it wise of me to try my luck and apply for super enpou with him included in my request if i really want to watch the show with him?
    (I know there is a similar question posted not too long ago. But my friend is a foreigner so I'm wondering if his name could allow him to slip through =x)

5. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

^ they will be checking the entry stamp on your passport for the super enpou, so what will probably happen is that you can get in and your friend won't be able to.

6. ryojifuj

ryojifuj Kenkyuusei

Ah damnn. Oh well, it wouldn't hurt to try my luck since i'm so desperate, haha. Thanks for the quick reply btw!

Oh, and i just saw this under the enpou category:
    公演日当日は、ご当選者全員の顔写真付きの身分証と、1ヶ月以内に届きました郵便物が必要となります。
    So i guess my friend can't get away with this category as well, since he must present any postal package/letter within the last month and he is living in tokyo? Lol.

7. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    You can apply through Ippan, Enpou and Super Enpou categories (as well as Hashira, if you become a member).

Your friend can only apply through Ippan and Hashira.

Anyone accompanying you must be eligible in the same categories.

Do NOT apply for the same show yourself as main applicant + get included by your friend as his companion. It's likely to render both your applications invalid.

8. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

^
    ^ if your friend is living in tokyo, there's a big chance that his alien registration card or that new card they have will have his address written as tokyo.

but you can still apply for super enpou, then enpou, and when you fail both categories then you can apply together with your friend as regular (ippan). don't give up so easily :)

just be aware of how slim the chances are of winning shows these days, ok? :)

edit: hrpeanuts beat me to the reply XD

9. ryojifuj

ryojifuj Kenkyuusei

^
    ^Hmm ok, got it. Thank you for clearing my doubts!

^Lol sorry, didn't see your reply when i first posted. Oh right, the alien registration card... Yeah I was reading through the pages and kinda got how tough it would be to strike the lottery for any of the categories at all. Was especially shocked about the odds of ippan category though :p
    Thanks, I'll try my best haha

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    There's a certain "beginner's luck" for fans newly registered at the ticket center, so you might be lucky at an early stage. Normally though, if you apply using all categories and only have one Hashira, you'll probably win a show once in 1-2 months.

11. ryojifuj

ryojifuj Kenkyuusei

That's great news actually! Thank you! Hope I get lucky :D

12. ryojifuj

ryojifuj Kenkyuusei

Woohooo! I won a ticket for 24th Dec Team A 6pm concert under enpou category! First time attending a concert and meeting akb in real life so im so excited!! Anyone else going for this concert? And may i know where the enpou seats are at?

13. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Congratulations! You got enough time to prepare for the members and units. Looking at the lineup, some of the girls could be doing new positions.
    The past performances of the waiting stage are all in the index in case you haven't yet watched one yet.

As for where you'll be seated...

[​IMG]

Couple & Family seats
    Women & Children seats
    Enpou seats

One of the two remaining unreserved seats in fourth row center (to the left of the couple seats) can be designated an enpou one, but that only happens when all 15 enpou seat winners come that day (which is pretty much never).

The six front row seats on the left are Super Enpou ones, but winners hardly show up so it's mostly regular fans that take those places.
    Reservation seats for special guests and related personnel are located in the middle of third row center, but those too are usually free to sit on.

14. ryojifuj

ryojifuj Kenkyuusei

Thank you so much! :) So I am able to sit at the grey seats as long as they are not taken up by VIP guests or super enpou people that day? I wouldn't be able to sit at the ippan seats would I?

15. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919
    No, you will definitely be sitting in the blue spaces.

16. Omnislash5

Omnislash5 Kenkyuusei

I was looking at the super long distance tickets on the AKB48 website & saw something i don't quite understand. It says in English "Those residing overseas that have visited Japan within the last month. (Passports will be checked for proof)" Is that a mistranslation?

17. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

What it means is that the dates you apply for have to be within 1 month from your landing date in Japan. If longer than that, you do not qualify.

e.g Arrive in Japan 1st January, last day you would be eligible to see a show is 31st January.

18. Omnislash5

Omnislash5 Kenkyuusei

oh ok, thanks :p So if i'll be arriving April 28 i have until May 28th to attend shows right? Gotcha

19. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

I would probably say 27th May, but yeah that's right :)

If you tried using it for a date after that, when they check your passport at the ticket booth they would turn you away and your spot would end up going to someone with a Cancel machi.

20. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    I would not advise relying on Super Enpou to see a show. Better to go the normal route too, as your odds are much better of winning that way vs Super Enpou.