TV / Radio [ANIME] [AKB0048] 12/04/29~

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by xinchun, Oct 18, 2011.

1. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    I just watched episode 9 a couple of hours ago.
    It was sad to see Yuko disappear in the last episode. I hope they are able to bring her and Acchan back soon. The ending scene with Miichan was cool, especially when Blue Rose started to play in the background. It made the scene even better. :)
    Chieri's dad is really annoying. I hope the girls teach him a lesson. [box]

Now, with the announcement of Nakayan graduating, too. I hope Kuumin and she will be allowed to at least be seiyuus for AKB0048.

2. Sachiiko

Sachiiko Kenkyuusei

I realllyy <3 love this episode~
    Like what real-Miichan, everything for screentime :D

Oh yeah, WMinami!

The one kind that still in my mind..
    How about Akibastar's people, they will always stay at that Kirara Cave (since Tomochin & Kojiharu don't have anything to contact Tsubasa)

3. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

This one is clearly one of my favorites animes of all time... [rock] :cute: Of course, the fact that I love AKB helps the anime to have more meaning than if I didn't know the group. Until now the plot has been of really high quality [clap] . The balance between sad, funny, serious, etc moments have been great.
    Regarding this episode, I have nothing more to say beyond great. I truly enjoyed all the "small" references to real events and "real people" that we can see in this show. [rock] :^O^:

Now, regarding the ending... I actually believe that the most relevant phrase was pronounced by the dance instructor (more or less at half time), "Do '...' really want to be saved" [wonder] . This is the center point of the mistery that it is still to be explained, mainly because, I don't know what was the situation in which the others CN left, but Yuko did it in the middle of a battle for Akibastar. If it was voluntary, it seems rather irresponsable. :^^;:
    If I'm not mistaken, in this next episode we should have the answer to Kirara's true nature (That planet might actually be their home world... who knows). :^^;: :^^;:
    I'm rather happy that I got most of my early suspicions right. Know I have a BIG proublem with the plot that I hope they can explain it in a clear way. According to Chieri's father two things are needed for the Kirara drive to work, dualium and the Kirara. Now, according to Miichan the Kirara only react to the human soul. Doesn't that mean that they would have to have idols in each of the ships that can use the Kirara drive?? How can they explain that??

4. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

I suppose the question now is whether that planet is on their side of the portal or not? I suppose that Kojiharu and Tomochin are stuck in the temple caves eventually they may be able to make contact as the caves would be linked to the area where Sensei-Sensei is.

It does also make you wonder when that phrase of Mii-chan was recorded ...

Random speculation ...

hmmm ... if one of the problems with the center novae phenomenon is that a single person can't hold it stable and ends up getting swallowed themselves ... well ... we have seen earlier that Nagisa and Chieri tend shine brightest when they are together ... maybe double center novae to give them the power to save the day ....

5. lunar

lunar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    maedaami
    If you are referring to the Kirara gate then most likely not. Probably some random planet since the the bridge bunny said the Kirara Drive would take them at some unknown location.

The Miichan Scandal references was certainly surprising... I say it was edited in last minute :lol:

6. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Ah but with a malfunctioning, damaged, Kirara drive and a jump which seemed a bit abnormal ...

... maybe it is on the "other side" and Nagisa and Chieri have to combine their power to open a stable portal in order for them to get back home ...

7. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

^I got the same idea from the last shots in this episode... There is just one thing that I don't like in that scenario. I don't like the idea that the ship can travel through dimensions due to technical troubles...

If I'm right the next info could be considered a SPOILER and it can greatly affect your enjoyment of the show... If you're not used to watch more than 20 animes a week, please do not read this.
    But there is something that I can "know" at this time... There are only 4 episodes left and that means: Last episode= end of last battle + wrap up; Second to last= Epic battle (continuation or start); 24= Ending of episode 23 and preparation for battle; 23= Explanation.
    One possible change to this usual anime flow is to have the complete explanation in the last episode. Honestly i find this very unlikely..
    That means that they need to contact the previous CN in some way during the next episode... Can't wait...

8. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

I was very upset by this episode.

Losing Akibastar to DES seems worse than loosing Leningrad or Moscow to the Nazis. It isn't, but not having suffered through the horrors of war personally, it felt so mortifying to lose such an important place to such evil.

I deeply sympathized with the Wota forces that had learned of the destruction of their beloved theatre. I eagerly await the day the 0048 flag waives over the ruins of the DES HQ as the Soviet flag flew in victory over the Reichstag.

These are dark days, but our heroines have the strength and determination to prevail.

(Interesting analysis in the spoiler.)

9. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I was under the impression that dualium is the thing they want that allows faster than light travel, and it's created when Kirara resonate with humans. But I could be wrong about that.

10. lunar

lunar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    maedaami
    I don't see anything abnormal about it. It was being repaired during that time, it was repaired but not fully repaired. From what I gathered, the only way to go to the Kirara world is to have a Center Nova to open it.

11. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

With the temple, it seems the kirara (Drive?) is the barrier, so it/them + sensei? will protect them for a while. They're screwed when it breaks though :D

I'm curious as to why CN leave. Like, yes, more radiance etc - but what do they do now?? Just chill out with kirara butlers??

I really want to know what Mii-chan's original line was! That's presuming it wasn't the original: after all, it was filmed at least a month ago. Very interesting though...

^I'm pretty sure that is the only way to Kirara land. Either that or they'd personally drag you there.... -shudder- WHY COULDN'T THEY STAY CUTE?!? (Maybe CN can take you there too? Like, probs not Yuuko, cuz she'd be tired and all, but ones who have been there a while, like Acchan?)

12. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

The idea that I got is a bit different. I believe the idea is that the dualium amplifies the, last say, resonance that Kirara have with some human souls, namely, Idols. That's why you can have a very big concert with a great "light" but no CN "event" and then you can have other situations like at Akibastar or Nagisa'a home planet where you do have a large dualium repository, and CN "event" do happen... Dualium, might be a type of catalyst that allows the Kirara to easily access there home world/dimension.
    Basically, you need both. Well, actually, it seems that you three things: a human soul (idol), a Kirara, and dualium... Hence, my problem...

13. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Oh there's one thing I was reminded of while looking at a screenshot of Tsubasa in the shrine. Okay, so there's what basically amounts to a shinto shrine and that is where they commune with sensei-sensei. Miichan said something in the last ep about the original function of singing and dancing: it was to commune with the gods.

This is actually true. The original function of song and dance in Japan was to commune with the gods. Even the part about the predecessors to idols serving this function is true. There were women in the Heian and medieval periods of Japan called asobi (basically prostitutes), and also shirabyoshi (women who probably dressed in the white and red clothes like a shrine maiden) and shrine maidens themselves who had great catalogues of songs they could sing, many of which were religious in nature. Dance was of course additional to this as well.

These women were the idols of their day. Asobi and especially shirabyoshi were highly sought after as companions and entertainers by aristocrats as well as the common man.

I thought this was a very intelligent addition to the series, even if it was a one-off line... but I have the feeling it's pointing something out about the shrine and its function :)

14. Ernietheracefan

Ernietheracefan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    it reminds me with Gracemeria when it was taken to Stovie... :(
    I hope our idols can return to liberating Akibastar...
    btw.., where're the secondary successors...??

15. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I can't help wondering how many previous CN were already brought to kirara world, and doesn't anyone feels like coming back, sinc ether should know the staff and members are worried about their disappearance.

16. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

^Exactly, that's the main unknown. The Kirara can't be bad (at least that would feel really weird). If that's the case, then why did they accepted going, why did they decided to stay even thought they knew the state in which they were leaving the group, their friends and companions, and of course, their fans... That's the big unknown that I can't wait to find out... And today it is still Monday... :fp: :fp:

17. Sachiiko

Sachiiko Kenkyuusei

Why not waiting for the release? :lol:

Miichan's performance is great~ Love to see her in the stage again(?)

18. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

No preview yet... [wonder]
    Well, if this stays like this until the end of the week I'm guessing the assumptions most people did about their location are correct... :^^;: :hehe:

19. Sachiiko

Sachiiko Kenkyuusei

My concept for out of preview:

If it's in Tuesday = it will be didn't too great episode like Stage 22
    If it's in Friday (they release it in Friday or Saturday) = it will be too great like Stage 20 and 21

Fact is from 3 Stage from 20

20. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

Kuumin,Sayaka and now Shawako will be graduating... what do you think now will happen to their characters..

i hope they also graduate/leave the group, i dont want others to take their characters...
    maybe these 3 idols will offer their lives to open the portal to the other world,the Center Nova?? :^^;: