Stage48 - United Kingdom

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by xxdelta, Jun 2, 2013.

1. BentoBoy

BentoBoy Kenkyuusei

Re: AKB fans in UK gather~

When in July is Hyper Japan happening? I want more Japanese goodies and has any of you guys been to The Japan Centre in London? A meet up would be :awesome: to finally come face to face with fellow AKB48 fans oh wow :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: yes I was rather surprised by the end result I watched it on youtube it was fun also anyone here on Google+? I have joined the international fan community on there and a Mayuyu fan community this group of girls sure are life changing aren't they? <3

2. YahMariMo

YahMariMo Kenkyuusei

Its happening on the 26-28th of July! I bought a ticket for the Saturday 27th~ And im going to work overtime due to waiting till uni, to afford AKB stuff there XD So ill defiantly be there~

I have not~ i've heard a lot of good things about it, but im totally clueless about London, i dont go too often ^^

3. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

The Japan centre is ok, the department store next door (mitsukoshi) has a book shop in the basement thats pretty good, although it is pretty expensive for stuff. There are other restaurants near both too that aren't too bad, although like everything in that area of London, it is quite expensive.

4. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

JP Books in Mitsukoshi doesn't have much AKB stuff left. Certainly no new cds and dvds of late. Even photobooks and the like seem to have gone. Might be on an order basis only now.

5. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria

Yeah I noticed the availability of AKB goods in JP books was declining.

At Hyper Japan last year in Feb, JP books had a stall with plenty of AKB goods though. Photo books, fashion books, cds, magazines etc. I thought it was a decent selection.
    Not sure what it will be like this year.

6. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

I went thrice to see if I could pick up some Sayonara Crawl reg eds for more votes but didn't have any at all. They even removed the chart thingy the usually put up on the wall. I guess they don't really make much on cds etc. Oh and of all the things I see there...One Direction :fp:

7. YahMariMo

YahMariMo Kenkyuusei

All the places i've been to in London which i used to stock on with Jpop related items, merch and CDs etc. has pretty much declined in the last year or two, and really have been replaced with the increase of Kpop items~
    The popularity really has been replaced it seemed

8. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria

I think the demand for AKB goods in London is too small. :(

Luckily they still stock magazines, so it is still possible to pick up the latest magazines with AKB members on :)

There's a few good Japanese karaoke places in London. I think we could organise karaoke at some point if anyone's up for it :)
    Language barrier should not be a problem I think. A friend of mine used to bring the romanised lyrics of songs she liked and was able to sing them.
    It's all fun and we can enjoy AKB songs together. Infact you do not have to feel compelled to sing if you dont want :)
    There are frequent trains running to and from London too.

9. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Dear lord no karaoke for me, I'll scare everyone away. Petelechem might be up for that if we can get him over from Guernsey :D Although, he may choose to sing other idols songs than AKB ones :p

10. YahMariMo

YahMariMo Kenkyuusei

I will defiantly be up for that!
    I really need to meet AKB people, a fandom becomes a lot more fun with just being able to talk about it with people~ And i dont know anyone orz
    But, im not that far from London, and my last train is 11:30 at night. So ill defiantly be up for this kind of thing and try this out ^^

11. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria

Well as I mentioned, please do not feel compelled to sing if you don't want to.
    I am not a great singer myself but I'll do my best :lol:

At karaoke there will be those that sing well, sing badly, don't sing at all. But the whole experience is very fun and not a competition. AKB karaoke will be a celebration of our love for the music :)

I don't mind other idol group songs too. I used to go Karaoke with a friend who likes Hello Pro. So our song selection was 80% AKB, 20% c-ute xD

There's also some good bubble tea places in China town. A excellent place to geek about idols :inlove:

12. howling

howling Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aigasamoe

i went into the store next to the japan centre once, and they had all the so long! editions (but id had mine preordered so .. XD i couldnt get it XDDD)

alas i would love to go to hyper japan...but i need to save up for my japan trip in september XD im going to raid Book off! They sell akb48 cds for like 200-300yen :eek: so im gonna bulk up my collection XDDD

(but can i just say, for a random day meet up, say in london ...if given enough notice for time off work and trains ...would be well good! like purikura and bubble tea and maybe an AKB-picnic in hyde park hahaha! XDDDD)

13. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

Hi all,

I don't visit the forums much anymore, but I would be interested in this.

To answer the questions.

I'm from guernsey, I got into AKB a while back, not really sure how, it just sort of happened, although recently (since TIF last year) I've mainly been following other idol groups. Still love HKT and Iwatate Saho who is my Oshimen :)

I would be up for Karaoke so much, love it! I'm not free all of July as I shall be in Japan following idols around and going to TIF.

Want to know anything else, just ask :)

14. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

^Liar...you're a Komiharu oshi! :p

*Edit* depending on how far in advance it is and if I can get the day off, I'll come..just no singing on my part :D we can do some photo trading if anyone has stuff to trade.

15. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

Can't say I'm a fan of Karaoke, regardless of the language.
    Never been to the Hyper Japan, not really my scene. I'm more a fan of quieter things. Which is odd seeing as I like gigs and concerts.

16. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria

Well we could do karaoke and then have a cafe meetup afterwards so people who don't fancy karaoke can meet up after :) We could go for bubble tea, have a picnic, trade photos and geek about idols. :lol:

I'll even bring my Yuko Uchiwa. :)

17. YahMariMo

YahMariMo Kenkyuusei

This day sounds perfect!
    I don't really have many of the photocards or collect :c i really mean to!
    But i do play and collect the TCG if anyone has that or i can teach kk~

No day is better than a group geeking and being wotas day.

18. WinLon

WinLon Kenkyuusei

What! I had no idea there were shops in London that sell AKB stuff. Looks like I wasn't looking hard enough. But since there's a decline, it looks like I'm going to miss out on everything. And this is why we need a UK AKB community, so I can learn everything about AKB and where to get the goods :D. You guys will be able to teach me the ways of AKB.

19. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria

When we do our meetup I will definitely include going to the Japan Centre and JP Books in it :p We need to go on a AKB magazine raid lol.

Now I do not have to feel awkward as a girl buying bomb and playboy with AKB in bikinis on lol.

20. violetbutterfly

violetbutterfly Kenkyuusei

pete why didnt you tell me this thread was here? I was about to go make my own

a few of us have been talking about this on twitter the past few days and there seems a few of us up for meeting.

I'm in Sheffield btw

so obv i'm all for a meeting more north [notme]