Rate the last film you watched

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Buddy P. Sokarijo

Buddy P. Sokarijo Kenkyuusei

Upon seeing Summer Wars again, i think ill have to grade the movie higher now. I always liked the movie but there was one part in the movie that has always left me confused. Needles to say if im going to watch it with subs ill have to pay more attention.

The problem i had is now resolved this movie gets a ten...

EDIT:

I watched the movie "now you see me" gets a 5/10 overal. I liked the visual and the idea behind it but i felt the story needed a polish if you ask me. The story was not well excuted, which is a bummer cause it could have been one of the best movie of the year.

My problems with the story is Mark Ruffalo's character involvement. How in the world did he knew he was going to be on the case as a policeman if he is planning his revenge? How can he predict that, it is not his choice to begin with he was assigned to it. and even if he used some mind trick on his bosses like how the other magicians used that on that one rich guy. It was never realy established in the story... They established he was the real cuplrit all along but they didnt established how he conveniently ends up on the case...

2. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Always Sanchōme no Yūhi

[​IMG]

Its a 2005 Japanese film that won the Best Film Award at the Japan Academy Prize in 2006. It was a free screening sponsored by the Japanese Embassy at the Shangrila Plaza.

This is one of the best film out there, truly. Its a light drama depicting post war Tokyo. Its a bit humorous but definitely full of morals to emulate from. I'm quite at a loss on how to write my thoughts on this one but definitely, definitely its a must watch. I've only watch movie 2 so I'm going back for 1 and 3 and I won't mind the queue as its really worth the wait, not to mention its free.

10/10

3. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    [​IMG]

Shokudo Katatsumuri

Its a film that revolves around cooking and how it changes the characters in the story. It presented the story in unique way, a little cartoonish but certainly entertaining. Your mom will love this film

9/10

[​IMG]

Katen no Shiro

Its a story of how Azuchi Castle was build. Its a film for Japanese history buffs. No samurai battle just carpenters shaping woods and stuffs. But,the actors are great, they depict the era to almost an authentic sense.

5/10

[​IMG]

Pacific Rim

Watching this movie it like being warped back to good old Ultraman days, but they've mechanized Ultraman here. [hehe]

The cinematography is well made and the plot was close enough for consideration. Kaiju fans will love this. The Jaeger moves awesomely, two thumbs up for it. Tsk, just watch it, its cool.

BTW, Ashida Mana was in the film as the young Mako, and she performed excellently. :awesome:

9.5/10

4. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    World War Z

Although this is totally different from the book by Max Brooks, I actually quite liked watching it - I mean, in its own right it is a pretty awesome PG-13 Zombie film (I was rather surprised at that rating).

The story is quite good, but I can't help to find it hilarious how unlucky the protaganist is being almost a Zombie mangnet wherever he goes, even in "safe" places, and as for the zombies.....well for PG-13 zombies I wouldn't expect much - seriously, these things look more like drunk people who got starved for days instead of walking plods of rotting flesh, but, I really liked how they did the scenes where the zombies clamber over eachother and form a living ram into walls, probably the only scary part because of how much they actually look like a HORDE at that part (though, it does make for something ridiculously funny at the ending montage)

Overall, I think the film was really well-done - its different, yes, but it makes good by being probably the only PG-13 Zombie film thats not a Zom-Com or Zom-Rom-Com genre. I would definitely reccomend people to watch this :awesome:

Score - 10/10

Pacific Rim

This film was actually a lot better than I expected to be honest - I loved how it starts with a flashback before showing you the actual events of the film, it kinda gets you ready for what is to come and gives you a nice overview of what it will be about.

The main attraction of the film however, is definitely the Jaegers and the Kaijus: The kaijus are actually a pretty intresting move from the usual things that I see from the Ultraman series or even Godzilla - I like the whole interdimensional travel thing from below the sea and how all of them has this neon blue light effect to them and fish like features, it really makes it surprisingly plausible for something like that to exist IRL for some reason. As for the Jaegers....I was never really interested in the Giant Robot genre, still, it didn't really stop me from enjoying the concept of the whole thing - I mean, I really liked how they explained the control process in the film and actually showed humanity building up the Jaegers, like the Kaijus, it just seems like something that we can achieve in this world if we put our minds into it.

Now another mention I have to say about this film is definitely the performance of Rinko Kikuchi as Mako, the female protaganist - I swear, I really enjoyed her character in the film and I also liked how her past plays out, I would say that some enjoyment of the film for me comes from her lol :lol:

Overall, I would say that Pacific Rim is quite a welldone throw-back to the Giant Robot age era like Eva, Gundam, Megas XLR and also shows like Ultraman and Godzilla - it gives the whole thing a more 'realistic' feel to it and I really enjoyed my time watching it. Definitely one of the best films I reccomend for the Summer :awesome:

5. natlove

natlove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Monster University:
    It wasn't really hilarious. Pixar movies are never really meant to be funny. I like the moral behind it. Teaching ppl that everyone has his or her own strengths!
    8/10

Despicable Me 2:
    Hilarious and entertaining. But take away minions it would be an empty shell.
    6.5/10

6. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Watched Pacific Rim in IMAX last weekend, I felt like a kid again :D If you remotely enjoy any of the old 70-80s mecha animes or old kaiju movies, this thing is a perfect homage. If you come in expecting deep plot, well fleshed characters, and engaging dialogues, well, prepare to be disappointed :) If you come in expecting to be entertained by badass monster vs robot live action anime with all the cliches thrown in, it will rock your world. The fights are top notch and you can feel the gravity and the weight of it, I found myself pumping my fist and yelling YEAH!in some scenes, it's that much fun :D

The details... man, Del Toro knows how to build a world. It's ridiculous, but, believable, haha.

10/10 will get the Director's Cut blu-ray.

7. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    The Wolverine

[​IMG]

The plot was Marvel-ously shallow, anyway, its Wolverine so it could be forgiven.

They tried to immerse the audience with Wolvie's idiocy in Nihongo by having the scene with him and the Nihongo speaking characters without subtitle while those without him has. Oh, I could feel the frustration of those audience, thank god I can understand enough to make it less painful. [hehe]

Mariko-sama looks hot!! That's the name of the leading lady in the film, search Okamoto Tao. Let's not forget the few bits of excellent katana fight but the ninja's didn't figured much, to my frustration.

9/10

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

The Wolverine. Great film with an appealing plot, some interesting twists, thrilling action scenes...and the fact that it happens in Japan is a bonus. However, some of the action parts seem to end a bit hurriedly (that is, too easily) 8.5/10

9. karles48

Jack the Giant Slayer. It surprised me! I expected some kind of Disney-ish movie but I was wrong. Thrilling, spectacular, a good plot, effective special effects and a movie that is far, very far from the typical Disney movie. 10/10

10. kei889

kei889 Kenkyuusei

2 weeks ago I watched the conjuring, for me, this movie was just like the other horror movies, the climax or anticlimax could be predicted well, what makes it different is...... I watched it from the cinema lol

11. Buddy P. Sokarijo

Buddy P. Sokarijo Kenkyuusei

PACIFIC RIM - 6/10 you know that movie way too simple to be called good. I wish the visual effects were better then just the scene we got. Why do the monsters appear at night only? The gray monsters thing was explained in the movie... It still pissed me off.
    Ill gave it a 6 cause its still a great mecha homage to mecha anime but other then that its realy meh...

12. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    IIRC, the Kaiju that Striker Eureka took down in Sydney attacked during daylight.

[​IMG]

13. lucia9901

lucia9901 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    dy_lucia9901
    The last film i watched was Pacific Rim, i kinda rate it 7.5/10 as the concepts are awesome, the graphics are great and reminds me of those old Godzilla and Ultraman movie from Japan. I'm a fan of such sci-fi film thus i'm keen to watch its sequels too =D

14. karles48

I watched three films on the plane (12 hours...I had plenty of time... [hehe])

G.I. Joe: Retaliation: I didn't know the characters before, but it was quite entertaining. 7/10

The Croods: some parts were interesting, but the smell of déjà vu was too strong... 6/10

The Company You Keep: interesting, but sometimes it was difficult to understand the steps the main character made to find what he was looking for. The character of Shia LaBeouf was a bit irksome. The worst thing is that the audience must believe that the most wanted person in the country is able to go to a museum, a university...and nobody recognizes him... :fp: 6/10

PS: I began to watch Jackie Chan's CZ12...but the plot was too confusing and the subtitles were difficult to read... :^^;:

15. Dharmawangsa

Dharmawangsa Kenkyuusei

Seven Pounds

Quite confusing in the first 30mins. I was like "What the heck kind of film am I watching right now?" But then the rest of the film explain what I was watching in the back 30mins. While you're like "Ohh .. oh. Yes. Oh ! I understand .. Oh .." A sudden touching awesome scene - quite a long one - struck your heart and feeling until you're like "What .. the .."
    Yep. My rating is 9/10. I cried in the last minutes, btw.

Rango

Another hilarious film with Johnny Depp in it. Some unthinkable moments occured while I was watching. The owls who act as the Narrator serve the film well. And the classic western aura of the film is really great, too. 7.5/10 for this film.

Django: Unchained

I HAVENT SEEN AWESOME MOVIE LIKE THIS SINCE THE GODFATHER !!
    Cool places, cool characters. Hilarious - polite - rude languages served very well.
    The accent of certain characters is awesome - it makes me imitate some lines of dialogues quite much.
    Bloods and fleshes served well in some last minutes.
    10/10 for this one. A Recommended film to watch.

16. karles48

Elysium. They are quite different but I felt like watching District 9 part two and in the end it became a bit boring. 6/10

17. karles48

Pacific rim (it was hot at home so I decided to go to the cinema again [hehe])
    Well...it's so...BIG... The plot is fine, but the best thing is that it really looks real. It may not be the best movie of the century, but I had a good time. 8/10
    PS: the worst thing was the character Ron Perlman played...and wth is Santiago Segura doing there? :wtf:
    PS2: when I read the meaning of Jaeger I couldn't help smiling...Atack on Titan... ;)

18. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Jobs

Its the film about Steve Jobs, before you imagine some other. Though I'm not an Apple fan, his contribution to the computer revolution is just too great this has become a must watch for me.

The film is just gripping. Ashton Kutcher's portrayal is quite powerful, its depressing. Depressing because the movie depicts the turbulent times of Steve Jobs and the scenario's though fast paced will surely get you.

I was somehow hoping to get a glimpse about the development of computers in its early stage as I'm quite confused given the numerous versions I've read. But this didn't materialize. The film is totally focus to Steve Jobs himself. I get the feeling the film somehow depict Jobs as a bit villainous given his a restless genius he just couldn't fit in. And you, okay me, being a simple folk will get intimidated by his audacious dream to carve reality from his own imagination.

Phew, this is taking long enough, watch it if you have spare time.

7/10

19. karles48

World War Z: 0/10 (yes, 0 :hmm: )
    Ok, I already expected a mix of an action film and a terror film; perhaps I expected less gore and less frights (because that's the easy way to make terror films). But, even though I don't like terror films, I'm quite ok with that. The big problem is that this movie is nothing more than a big joke.
    Big Spoiler (you've been warned)
    Let's analyze what we know after the 'the end'...
    ...we don't know what the heck the virus is, where it began, who spread it...we have hints, but nothing more
    ...we don't know a cure
    ...we only know one way to cure the infected people, kill them (original, indeed)
    ...the zombies act like animals and they don't attack ill animals; yes, but animals don't go breaking glasses with their heads to get their food or cooperate to jump over a fence
    ...ok, let's create another virus (of course, in a couple of weeks, because those things are easy) that will make the zombies believe people are terminally ill...so now Mother Nature went stupid... :fp:
    Of course, I could add a few things more that are characteristic to this kind of movie...
    ...even James Bond or Bourne would have been bitten after so many encounters with the zombies; sometimes I felt like the director really thought zombies only bit in the arms (what about the legs, for example?)
    ...zombies are stricking fast when they have to, but in the final part they decided to run more slowly
    So the movie is thrilling, but everything around is a shit and in the end I got annoyed when I realized that the only thing the movie was for is to let Brad discover that the zombies didn't attack terminally ill humans... [boom]

20. natlove

natlove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Mortal Instruments (City of Bones)
    6/10
    At some point of time, I tot i'm watching a disney cartoon movie.
    Interactions between clary and jace is just... too cheesy for my liking.
    The only plus point is MAGNUS BANE! hot!!!