Event / Concert AKB48 34th Single Janken Taikai (13/09/18)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jul 3, 2013.

1. kashiko

kashiko Kenkyuusei

No more fantastic cosplaying as the the costumes of Janken Taikai will be decided by Akimoto Yasushi :cry:

2. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Who says?

3. csidni

csidni Kenkyuusei

False.

Members have a say in their costumes. Some of them decide to talk to Akimoto about it which probably caused a misunderstanding.

4. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Hard to believe they would take away cosplays now, especially since this year's sister group pre-lims were full of nice ones:

[​IMG]

5. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    What is the timing for this event ?

6. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48

7. Blue Sweater

Blue Sweater Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoamina
    Will there be any streaming of this for us overseas consumers?

I have put together a post on some fun facts about the previous janken taikais. It will be interesting to see how some of these streaks (Ami being in all senbatsus; Sae or Haa-chan winning a match) will fare. Might do another post to test them sometime soon!

http://aquabluesweater.wordpress.com/20 ... fun-facts/

8. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Good research Blue Sweater. Interesting read. [nerd]

I think I can safely store up any hopes for a Youtube stream of some sorts now that the event is only 3 days away. :^^;: (But I'm more than ready to be surprised at the last minute, management :awesome: ).

Oh well, seems like I need to dust-off my old shoddy Fuji-TV streaming equipment. :fear:
    Glorious 144p here I come.

9. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

I think stream announcements should come by tomorrow (Monday). I'm thinking if we don't hear by tomorrow, it'll mean there won't be a stream. Isn't that how things played out for last year's Kohaku warm up, the announcement that there wouldn't be a stream the day before the event? Or was it the day of?

FujiTV's coverage is only supposed to be from 7-9pm JST.

10. Aozora_tkmn

Aozora_tkmn Kenkyuusei

"FujiTV's coverage is ONLY supposed to be from 7-9pm JST."
    ONLY ? So When will be the actual time the tournament begin at?
    And how about niconico? I heard they streamed it as well...

11. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    No, Nico Nico has nothing to do with Janken.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6334&p=760739&#p760739

Janken Taikai has always been about 3 1/2 hours long. Fuji TV is showing a few highlights and the latter part of it. A full live broadcast is going to air on Sky Perfect. The event starts at five thirty.

12. banzaiwota

banzaiwota Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Why youtube doesn't provide a streaming service like senbatsu 2013?? :cry:
    Also if we want to watch the fuji tv streaming what sites should we used?? [wonder]

13. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Because. What do you expect us to say?

14. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I find it really surprising they would stream Janken last year, but skip it this year. This and the Senbatsu election are the big events every year where singles are decided through means other than management and are exciting and fun to watch. I guess management must be less concerned with including foreign fans on this one, for some reason.

A bit bummed out since I have Wednesday morning off and would be able to watch this. :(

15. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

I have an extra long day on Wednesday in college, so can't even check the updates :(

16. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

17. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^^^ Well Aki-P probably sold broadcasting rights to TV stations and free streaming would hinder that kind of deals.
    Free streaming makes sense as promotion, but let's be hones all who care even slightest about idol business know already AKB and janken tournament. Would be waste of promotional budget. I don't think they even need to do it for keeping the public awareness at same level. Press will do it for free.

18. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
  19. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    No one plans to display a full coverage?

I know japanese people who can use their justin TV channel to broadcast, we need to pray for someone skiled enough to pull it off.

The results is important, but the costume are 50% of the fun during the janken taikai.

20. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Before I begin my post, I'm going to note that I don't think anyone in this thread can really offer a concrete reason for why or why not the event will be streamed - unless someone here is actually an AKB staff member in disguise [shock] .

With that out of the way, I'm going to disagree with the notion that it "would be waste of promotional budget". Going by your logic, there's no reason to provide foreign fans with the ability to vote in the Sousenkyo, and make the event available on worldwide live-stream - because they are aware of it happening even if they can't participate in it, right? Of course not. Involving the fans, whether domestic or foreign, gives them more incentive to remain dedicated to the group, which is the reason for the "Idols you can meet" concept in the first place. I think many people here will agree that being able to watch the stream would be greatly appreciated, and hey, it may even push them towards actually buying copies of the CD.

And from a pure economical point of view, if someone from (insert country) wants to buy a Japanese car, you better make sure there's a Japanese dealership in that country. If someone from (insert country) wants a hamburger, you make sure to open a McDonalds in that country. If you can get a foreign can to buy copies of the Janken single, why not make sure they get to watch the event from their country too? This is 2013 people, the internet has been around for a while.