ANIME thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jun 11, 2007.

1. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

Beside Acchan where i can protect her 24/7
    owh..i taught it's a new type of gundam until i saw your picture.Maybe it's to long ago that all those gundam movie is not as interesting until i watch Wings.So i didn't pay much attention to it.Guess have to wait for 6 months for the new season to begin.Hope it'll be better than this season where no good people die more horriblely than the bad guyz =.=

2. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Yep, the 0 Gundam is old. You can easily see it is obselete compared to the other MS in that first scene in episode 1. Its spewing out GN Particles like crazy, and that is just to stay afloat. I'm assuming its GN Drive has had some upgrades by the time of the series, as it is used by all of Fereshte's Gundams, and doesn't spew out GN Particles like it did when it was in the 0 Gundam.

And as you may have guessed, the 0 Gundam is really a homage to the original RX-78. Its essentially the RX-78 with a GN Drive and a different rifle and shield.

3. Kazearashi

Kazearashi Kenkyuusei

My thoughts after watching some of the new anime...
    - Allison and Lilia
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=8988
    The anime setting is kind of like Europe, and the time setting is in the past around 1900 maybe, with those old airplanes... Anyway, this anime looks interesting, with the story rotating in the 2 main character allison and lilia who are childhood friends i guess, there will be 2 more main character i guess, but they haven't appeared in the 1st episode. I don't quite understand the story, since my nihon go level is not that good enough to watch difficult anime raws.. xD yes, in this anime quite a few difficult terms was used and they speak fast xD. Anyway i guess this anime is about some adventure, with a little bit of laugh/comedy. Anyway to those who love this kind of anime you should watch this. :p

- To Love Ru
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=9091
    Well this is what I'm waiting for this spring season anime... :D And it doesn't dissapoint me. The anime itself is pretty easy to understand. For those who already read the manga probably even easier, the story itself is pretty much the same to the manga i guess, by looking at the 1st episode. A lot of fanservice shot and boing2.. xD Well not that much though. Anyway I love the seiyuu cast, it's all perfect like I always imagine when reading the manga before I watch the anime. xDD Yaaay. Anyway the story is not that complicated, for those who like action, comedy, romance, science fiction and much of fanservice shot this is a must watch xD. I love the character design too it's cute~

- Kure-nai
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=8518
    This is one anime that I don't really understand too.. xD Looks pretty weird to me without subs, it seems a bit complicated but maybe it has a good story. The character looks pretty cool, but I can't comment on the story though, cause i don't understand much by watching the raw. Anyway it is stated that this anime has some comedy, but I don't find it's funny on the 1st episode xDD. Maybe I'll wait for the sub for this... >_<

- xxxHOLiC: Kei
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=8551
    I skipped this cause I haven't watch the 1st season. Gonna watch the 1st season first when i have time.

Going to watch today...
    - Itazura na Kiss
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=9193
    - Amatsuki
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=9029
    - The Tower of Druaga: the Aegis of Uruk
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=8746

Airing on today...
    - Kanokon (This is on my must watch anime)
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=9000
    - Kamen no Maid Guy (Looks interesting!)
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=8193
    - Blassreiter (Awesome 3D)
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=9069
    - D.C.II S.S. ~Da Capo II Second Season~ (Watched the previous seasons, gonna watch this too)
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=9137

Anybody else want to share their thoughts on the new animes?

4. maakopla

maakopla Kenkyuusei

I'm not a big fan of anime. I watched Violinist of Hameln anime back then cuz I loved the manga but anime sucked. Pretear was the first anime I downloaded and watched from the start till the end. Actually teh fact that they didn't change clothes annoyed me a lot. Later I tried to watch Peach Girl anime but it was so similar to manga that it bored me since I had read the manga recently.

Not long ago I bought Le Chevalier d´Eon. I like the drawing style pretty much and all the fighting scenes are awesome. It's just that plot is slightly boring. But now that they are in Russia story seems to get more interesting. Also lack of romance is quite bothering me. I remember watching Meine Liebe season 1 and it was so gay... it wasn't trying to be I guess... but it was. I should watch second season sometime.

5. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Just watched the first episode of Code GEASS R2, and it was awesome. It was a sort of paralell to the first episode of the first season, as Lelouch has gone back to being a normal student with no memories of what happened before, though this is undone by CC near the end, as she restores not only his memories, but also his GEASS power.

I'm quite excited to see some of the battles though. From the opening, it seems both the Float system and the Hadron Cannon's will become common technology, as the Guren was shown sporting a Float pack, and 2 KF's (the Lancelot and the Mordred) have Hadron cannon weapons. Also can't wait to see the Vincents in action.

6. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

Got a good dose of new anime today... Must watches include Kurenai, Kanokon, xxxHolic 2, and Code Geass 2... I still have more to catch up on T_T Yay for new anime ^_^

7. Kazearashi

Kazearashi Kenkyuusei

^ yay too!! xD yesterday watch: Nabari no Ou, Wagaya no Inorisama, Soul Eater, Special A.

AWESOME~~ xD

Today watch: Vampire Knight, Monochrome Factor.

@Aigon> yep 1st eps R2 was awesome! xD But doesn't it feels about the same as the 1st episode of geass season 1? I mean got playing chess and all, near the end Lulu was cornered, and then met with C.C then gains the power again. Well for me it feels like the 1st episode of geass season 1... xD

8. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    I'm pretty sure thats what they were going for. Lelouch lost his memory somehow, so essentially, for him, everything has gone back to normal. Well, not anymore of course.

I can't wait to see the Knights of the Round in action though. They look like they'll easily give the Black Knights a run for their money. I especially find it cool how they gave the little girl Knight the big Knightmare Frame (the Mordred) with all the heavy firepower.

9. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    I swear, "Cardcaptors" has one of the worst dubbing ever :shock: Li Syaoran sounds...slightly Texan, and Sakura just sounds annoying.

10. nihonjinjanai

nihonjinjanai Kenkyuusei

i thought melancholy of haruhi suzumiya was a girls anime. apparently not.
    it's just...if i watch it according to the airing order i don't understand the story at all.
    so its more convenient for me to watch it in chronological order.

11. chibilolli

chibilolli Kenkyuusei

:lol:

That was the first anime I watched that I realised was anime (if you get my drift). As I recall the dubbing was really bad. I bought it in Japanese with subs, but have yet to get round to watching it all.

I might watch Fate/Stay Night again soon. When I get the rest of the discs for the set. I don't want to download them or watch them on You Tube.

12. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^I finally bought all of Cardcaptor Sakura last year. It's a shame Geneon's gone. I hate how the English opening song is so gosh-darn addicting, yet so terribly bad.

13. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    So Macross F has officially begun airing, and I finally caught the 2nd episode the other day. And man, it did not disappoint. The CG continues to impress me. I think this might be the best CG in any mecha series. Also, the music in the series is also of a very high caliber.

Story wise, things are defenitly getting interesting. The aliens, which are apparently called Vajra, are still as mysterious as ever, but they do seem to respond to Ranka's singing, as she sang on two instances in the episode, and both times the large red Vajra reacted to it. Also, Ranka claims to be 1/4 Zentradi.

14. saikira

saikira Kenkyuusei

im watching xxxholic kei, which they finally came out, been waitin for a whole year
    kyou kara maou yea~
    vampire knight
    bus gamer

these new animes are pretty good~

15. Monkey-to

Monkey-to Kenkyuusei

I'm currently watching Cowboy Bebop which is really great. I find it hard (not impossible) to come across any other anime that has a great selection of characters that are as cool as Cowby Bebops. Spike is certainly one of my favourite charcters of all anime.

16. lamenth

lamenth Kenkyuusei

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    Cowboy Bebop was one of the first series I watched, and its STILL my all time favorite. The story, plot, and character development just can't be beat. Plus it has one of the greatest soundtracks of any anime series. Its been AGES since i've watched it though, maybe I'll have to go back and rewatch that soon ;P

17. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

I tried to watch Claymore yesterday and.. OMG! I can't stop watching it!
    This anime is incredibly great. I don't know how to describe but I totally love it.
    Full with emotions and actions. I cried the part when Teresa died when Priscilla killed her.

18. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Okay, so I have a nice big backlog of anime, but I'm really lazy about watching it. I spent oodles at a sale in November, yet I haven't watched much of it. Which series will get me in the mood to start liking anime again?

-Speed Grapher
    -Card Captor Sakura
    -Diamond Dust Daydreams
    -Galaxy Angel Rune
    -Kodocha
    -Munto II
    -My Otome
    -Neon Genesis Evangelion
    -Rumbling Hearts
    -Mahoromatic

19. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Although this is a movie rant/rave/mini-review, it fits better here.

I just watched Rebuild of Evangelion 01 tonight.

Let me preface this by saying that I like Eva. I just like it. I like all 26 episodes, though I do think it really went off the wall, but still like it. I don't like the End of Eva movie that much. I also think Eva is one of the most over hyped things ever. Best anime of all time? Not even close. It's just good.

But this movie was pretty awesome. It covers from the beginning of the series until the events regarding the fifth angel. There are a lot of cosmetic changes. The Evas are somewhat different in appearance, and a lot of the technology has been upgraded to still feel like the future: screens are more 3D, schematics are more advanced, there's a lot of laptops laying around instead of file folders, and so on. A very nice touch. The animation is beautiful. It kind of varies depending on the scene. The smaller scenes of just conversation look almost just like the TV series, but when the action comes in, the framerate goes wild. Also, there is extensive use of CG, and it is very good. The transformations of Tokyo 3 are just awesome to watch. The music has received a revamp as well. Everything sounds re-recorded and some tracks have been retouched in the score. It sounds VERY good. Aesthetically, very pleasing movie.

What about the story? Well, a majority of it is just a retelling of the episodes, and some parts are skipped obviously for movie time, but there are also differences and additions. These are all fairly minor until the fifth angel shows up, and then, it's starts to deviate noticeably. It still ends the same way, but before the credits, we see a character who, according to the TV storyline, shouldn't show up yet. And the preview after the credits... Wow, it looks like the deviation is only going to continue. But uh... yeah. The first bit of Eva has a pretty good, level story, and since this is fairly loyal and improved, I have no complaints.

I look forward to the next two movies very much. It looks like they are gonna fix where a lot of people think the TV series went "wrong". We shall see. :)

20. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Thanks for the review. My brother ordered it the other day, so hopefully I'll get to see it soon-ish. I'm excited!