Album [ALBUM] AKB48 5th Album [Tsugi no Ashiato] 14/01/22

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Yukarichan

Yukarichan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuFan83
    Re: [ALBUM] AKB48 5th Album [TBA] 14/01/22

XD Congrats! I wish I could go meet Mayuyu, but I can barely afford to go to Florida to see my own family right now. It WILL happen one of these days though.

2. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

For those people who had experience in these handshake events, what happens in the second and further rounds?

Example: you applied for 10 slots, is it possible that only few slots are won, or lost all/win all?

I need to get to know this as my application for first round failed, I can understand for takamina's and Yuko's slots, since they are sold out, for kawaei's wasn't, why I didn't get Kawaei?
    thus I'm wondering if the sold out slots will affect those unsold out slots that I applied for.

3. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Kenkyuusei

Did you apply twice? My first ballot I applied 5/17 3 slots and 5/24 3 slots, unknowingly that it was 3 slot per draw then. I won 1 for my first application, and nothing for my 2nd application despite Owada slot still being open. Like what HRP mention, first 2 draws only first application is considered.

To the best of my knowledge, if that slot has more ticket than applicants, you can get all. I once got full slots for Nao and Ryoochan THS lol.

4. YumeNoRui

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

Well, first I put in an later slot for Yuko and Takamina, but I cancel it and reapply for earlier slots.... So I have no idea what went wrong.

5. -crux-

-crux- Kenkyuusei

I need a little help around here. Because Tenso doesn't include my country in their area of service/shipping, I try to search for another forwarding service till I found http://japan.forward2u.com/. And it looks like they could help with Japanese address and even COD service.

But, unfortunately I can't find any testimonial about their service. So, do you guys think it's safe to use their service? Should I take the risk?
    Thanks.

6. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Kenkyuusei

Cancellation should not be an issue, I have cancelled a few orders.

7. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Actually, they changed it for the Heart Eleki handshake tickets. Your address is printed directly onto the ticket now, and you don't have the separate piece of paper that they mark off your tickets on.

For the last handshakes I won tickets over two rounds and it generated it all as one order, so I guess it'll come up as one or the other, probably whatever is in the system at time of invoice creation. But that's a guess since I didn't change anything...

If they're different slots, they shouldn't affect each other. eg I won Takamina handshake tickets in both 4th and 5th slots, while losing an Asuka ticket. The only "win all/lose all" situation is identical tickets in that particular slot (eg you apply for 5 Takamina 5th slot tickets, you either get all 5 or lose all 5).

I can't explain your loss for a non-full slot.

8. -crux-

-crux- Kenkyuusei

Does it mean that they will check our address as well? Or they'll just let it slide if we show them foreign ID like passport?

9. YumeNoRui

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

Thanks Mr waffle, that put me to ease.

Right now, I put a ticket for each takamina's available 4 slots for 17th, hoping I could get at least 1 slot. Then I put a ticket each for a slot for Kawaei, Miichan, Jurina, mayuyu, sakuratan and paruru.
    I have not much hope for Mayu, jurina and paruru, if I lost them, I'll just use the money to apply for Takahashi Juri & Tano Yuka in the 3rd round.

10. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

Oh? Interesting. Regardless, I don't think Chara-ani's policy would have changed - that is, it's primarily a name and photo ID check. Maybe if you present anything but a passport that they'll scrutinise your address a bit further but correct me if I'm wrong here.

If they did, then any address mismatch flags would've been raised when they check your receipt anyway using the "old" method but that hasn't happened to me during an AKB48 HS event so unless something's changed, I don't think this will matter too much. IMHO.

I believe Tensai is going to the 33rd or 34th HS events (?) so he may be able to confirm his experience for us.

11. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

^I can't comment on a passport, but I used my school's ID which address is not in it and I had no problem.

12. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai

Everyone is worrying too much about the name/address thing. It's not like this is the first time fans from overseas have gone to these events.

Put in your name in a way they can understand. Katakana seems to work the best - I've never had an issue. They are not out to get you, or find some minor reason to boot you from the event. As long as you are following the rules as best as possible, they will do their best to take care of you. (there is even a Chara-Ani desk at the events if you were to run in to an issue).

Never had an address check, which would be amusing with a passport. Again, it's simple enough to explain at the desk if it were to come to that. Obviously you don't live in Japan, and need someplace to ship your CDs.

HRP is probably better able to speak to this, but I'd personally avoid changing account information before the lottery is over, unless it's absolutely critical. My understanding if that anything looks weird, they have the option to cancel the entire order before shipping. At least that is what the fine print says.

13. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

I don't really see how its too seriously, perhaps I didn't word it correctly. Obviously if you are over the top, you'll be black listed, but what I was more curious about is for people who stuff up the application process and how you check if you've been blacklisted, short of sending chara-ani/AKS an email. Y'know, the process to actually GET to the event. Otherwise people will be quite confused and keep trying to apply, and I'd know I'd be annoyed if I kept trying to apply only to find out that later I've been blacklisted and wasted all that time for something that I wouldn't be able to attend due to an honest mistake.

14. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai

^ As long as you pay for the CDs, they can care less whether or not you actually manage to make it to the event. If they ship you the CDs, they aren't going to deny you once you are there.

On the other hand, if you order CDs and don't pay for them or decline the delivery, then you'll likely not be able to use the service again. Same thing as winning tickets to a theater show, and then not canceling them if you can't show up. They may not blacklist you, but they certainly may.

If you really don't know if you can attend, and don't want to pay for the CDs if you can't, then you shouldn't apply. If you screwed up an order in the past, best you can do is try to apply again. If they ship you the CDs, then you are fine. If not, it probably means your account was flagged.

But I expect you would have to be blatant. Sure there are plenty of honest mistakes too.

15. kingmar

kingmar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

Application process is reasonably intuitive - I was expecting a far harder task, but Chrome auto translate makes it a fair bit easier.

Fingers crossed for round 2, since there is only one day I could potentially put in a trip! Thanks, but no thanks, work... :hmm:

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but taking for example, Rena..

28 (2) - means of her 30 slots, 28 are sold out and 2 are nearly sold out - does that mean everyone that applied for her got a ticket, or merely that if you, by some luck, applied for the wrong slot, you could still be declined even though there are other slots on other days that still have free positions?

16. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

You apply for a SPECIFIC time slot. If the slot you applied for sells out but you weren't selected, that's it, that specific time slot application is rejected, you don't get moved to a free slot or whatever. Your selection is valid for that slot only, win or lose.

17. Aaron69

Aaron69 Kenkyuusei

Any foreigners that have been to the event? Care to share how much you spent for the trip?

18. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya

I usually assume 2k is safe for the flight amd hotel (US). That's for 8 nights since I always stay the whole week (both weekends) and a good but cheaper hotel. If you just want to go to the event and fly back your gonna be super tired the whole time lol.

19. landax

landax Kenkyuusei

So, is that mean let's say this 2nd round Oshima Yuko's slots are full, and then today is the third round, the slot still full or they are going to restart it from 0 again?

20. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Once they're full, they're full. That's why people prioritize high senbatsu members during Round 1 and Round 2 and then deal with the other members later, regardless of who their oshimen really is if they want to meet high senbatsu members. If you have even an inkling of interest in meeting a senbatsu member (besides Yuko and Sayanee, they're full), this round is the time to apply.

The only time full slots open again is during resales which happen because people that originally won them didn't pay on time or couldn't pay, but unless you're sending them to a friend's house that can pay cash on delivery, most people here using Tenso cannot participate in resales because credit card is not an option.