AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That might be that the girls can apply to participate in another stage (that is not from their team).

2. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    It's the members who were temporarily on two teams because of the original shuffle

Since there were several months between the shonichi's of A6, K6, and B5, members who were shuffled ended up performing both with their original team and their shuffle team.

3. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    What is the song that Natsu and Madoka sing in the Hakata Legend Christmas Eve stage?

Here's the video. The song starts at around 46:00.

[youku]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjUyNjE5NTI0.html[/youku]

4. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    Kinjirareta futari from K2

5. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    Just to be clear, Kinjirareta Futari isn't restricted to the Christmas Eve special. It's been featured on the regular Hakata Legend stage for some weeks now, replacing Temodemo no Namida. :)

6. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

Does anyone knows if the new ticket center accepts foreign credit cards? (for concerts, etc; not for the theatre shows)

7. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    This is not exactly AKB related but I didn't know where else to ask.

I placed an order for some AKB stuff on the 28th, around 2 AM on the 29th JST, from HMV. In the span of the next couple of days, it went from on order, to ready, to in transit, but there is still no tracking number. I checked my debit card, and the order has not been charged yet. They are closed from the 31st until (iirc) the 3rd. Is this normal, or is the transaction maybe not going through? I'm pretty sure the card was verified fine during the ordering process.

8. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Sometimes the charge from HMV doesn't show up until well after your package is delivered. Anyway, they would email you if there was a problem with your card.

As for where your package is, you have one more step..."despatched". which comes after "in transit". So my guess is that it will probably ship out on the 2nd. Tracking number usually shows up after the last step.

9. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    Thank you for explaining it :)
    I worry too much over ordering stuff online sometimes.

10. Finnru

Finnru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I have question to those who have some experience of buying tickets to AKB concerts, especially if you're an international fan.
    I have read some guides I found using Google. Like http://www.quietgeek.com/?p=28553 and a topic from here "Seeing AKB48 Shows (TOC at first post)" by YoukoKurama. Just wanted to ask if those guides are still valid or if they're outdated.

As an foreigner fan, I'm really interested that how do you book your trip and buy the ticket etcetc...
    If I understood that guide from quietgeek, it's pretty much impossible to get the concert ticket without being in Japan when they draw the lots (or without having a friend who lives there!!), because even if you actually get lucky, according to that guide you have to pay and pick up the ticket in what, next 48hours? And let's not talk about picking up the ticket, paying it requires Japanese credit card or bank account?? Though I think you can actually buy it with cash... or?
    Here's a screenshot from quietgeek
    So you pretty much have to be in Japan the whole ticket sale period (+of course for the event itself if you get lucky)?

Ok sorry, it got long and my questions might not even have any sense, I'm just so confused :^^;: Hope somebody can really cover this questions, I actually have even more but it would get way too long and confusing. If someone could be nice to spare some time to PM with me about this or something...

Attached Files:

11. alrunzz

alrunzz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

Yeah i want to go for RH 2014(maybe gonna be last time seeing yuko and maybe kojiharu) but for some reasons its pretty hard to get the ticket for international fans .. i have 1 friend that actually studying there but i can bother her to go take tickets bla bla bla .. and in that quietgeek also say something about 7/11 though ..

12. alrunzz

alrunzz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Where i can find best places to buy items online?

and did anyone know some shows that being put in playlist like gozua dailymotion about 48 groups related and also except for vid48 ..

13. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Since I live in Japan I'm not 100% sure how people have done it, but I believe all the foreign fans who come from overseas to go to concerts either have super enpou tickets, or have a friend in Japan buy a ticket on their behalf. As the guide says, you need to pay quickly and there's a variety of Japan-only payment methods (I personally go to the local 7-11 and show them the payment number I receive via email and pay then; they don't check your name so a friend can do it).

Keep in mind that AKB tickets have your name and address printed on them nowadays so you can't buy scalper/auction tickets like you can for most other artists.

Items like....? CDs? Most people buy CDs and DVDs via sites like CD Japan, HMV Japan or Yesasia. They also sell some other goods like books and calendars. If you want concert goods and the like, those are Japan-only so you need to buy them via shopping services like FromJapan. You can browse this thread to see what people on the forum have been buying and how.

14. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    My guide is a little outdated for AKB48, because of the transition to the Group Ticket Center last summer. It still is accurate for most other Japanese artists.

As of this summer, all AKB48 and sister group tickets are purchased via the Group Ticket Center (both theater and concert). For non-theater shows, you can link a credit card to the account to pay for the tickets. Several people have had success with foreign credit cards, though if for some reason it doesn't like your card, you don't have an option to use an alternate payment method.

If you don't have a credit card, or prefer knowing that it's paid for with no issue, you'll need to select conbini payment and have someone go pay for you. It only takes a minute or so, and there are conbini's everywhere in Japan. If you want to have someone else do it, I'd recommend consulting with them to finding the chain that is most convenient (FamilyMart, 7-11, Lawson) and selecting that option for payment and pick-up. (most people do 7-11. But they may not be local in all areas.

As long as the tickets are paid for, you can have them printed out at the conbini you specify at any time (even after the concert in some cases, though what good would that be).

Long story short. If you use a credit card, then you only need to be in Japan to pick up the tickets. For other payment methods, someone will need to pay when you win (36-72 hour payment window - always check the times), and then you only need to be there to pick up the tickets.

15. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48
    Regarding the country-costumes at the Kouhaku event I came across this incomplete list
    http://tomakomai01951.blogspot.com

Does anybody know the missing ones; especially who wore the German outfit?

16. Finnru

Finnru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @alrunzz About that 7/11, I think it's just valid there, in Japan, even if it would be valid as internationally that wouldn't help much, because there isn't any 7/11's here in my country :D. Yes, I too would want to go to see Yuko's last concert performance.
    I know it's still early to say this, especially when there's no info of when or where she will graduate. And if there is even going to be graduation concert for her (although it's highly unlikely that there isn't going to be one).

@Mr Waffle After reading that guide my ticket buying options pretty much narrowed down to Super Enpou. As the FC lotteries are only limited to Japan (WHYWHYWHYWHY?! :tongue: ) and even if I had the chance to buy them from Official Ticket Sites/Vendors, the tickets are probably sold out before I can get through the instructions in Japanese (I can't read and hardly understand it). I don't even have friends there so yaaay :fp: ... :D

@Tensai So you're the one who wrote it! Even if it's outdated, thank you :D .
    So I guess they should take VISA-cards then..?
    The payment isn't the biggest obstacle here though, the pick up is. Like I said to Mr Waffle, I don't have anyone there who could pick up my ticket for me. That Super Enpou sounds the only chance for someone like me, but it's also quite ridiculous.
    You would think 10 days is pretty enough, but it might be pretty tricky to those who have job and/or school to go. It's all last minute decisions.
    Ok, I sound little whiny there. It's just that in the end, it's more easy if you're already going to go Japan for the time the concert is going to be, regardless if you get tickets to the concert or not, right?

17. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Okay - to be clear. We are discussing concerts and not theater shows. Because theater shows you can't pay for via credit card. For theater shows you pay for and pick up your ticket at the theater between 2 hours and 30 minutes before the actual show. It's only for concerts and special events that you can pay and pick-up early.

Even in that case, payment and pick-up for concert tickets are two separate events. You will pay for your tickets weeks or months before the actual event, and long before you will pick them up. This isn't unique to AKB48, I often pay for concert tickets 4-6 months before I can even pick them up.

You can pick up your tickets anytime between a few days before the concert and the concert itself. So as long as you are in Japan, there is no problem getting your tickets the day or (or even minutes before) the concert starts. If you can pay for the tickets, I wouldn't be worried about getting them before the concert itself.

I'll be honest - I'd not rely on Super Enpou for concerts or theater shows. I've not hit Super Enpou in over 3 years for theater shows, and they haven't offered it for concerts in the last year and a half (with the exception of the Tokyo Dome 2013 shows).

If they do offer them, they clearly state that they are intended for people who already plan on being in Japan on those dates. That's why they have the short window to apply and win. They are not intended for people who want to plan things out months in advance.

It may seem convoluted and hard for those with tight schedules, but that is the way they do things. Japan isn't like 'everywhere else' - so you need to be willing to deal with some hurdles and hoop-jumping to achieve your goals. As long as you are willing to do that, you'll have no problem.

18. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

And, bearing in mind how many foreign fans win those tickets of lately (even most of the fans who live in Japan and use the 'regular' ways win only a few tickets a year) the options actually narrowed extremely... I'm sorry if I sound gloomy, but only a few foreing fans win super enpou tickets and you'd better be prepared for the worst usual scenario and hope there are concerts or handshakes when you're there...

19. Extrema

Extrema Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Anyone know where I can see the stage of AKB48 1 January year 2013/2014, or put the link?. I always search , but never see

20. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

You can't. It's the one event they don't even put on the LOD stream and they also don't put out on DVD so there are bo way of getting them and only those who got the tickets and are actually in theatre gets to see it.