AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    When did they perform SakuHana in French? o.o''

2. Crests

Crests Member

Oshimen:
    Chen GuanHui
    Twitter:
    xiaoaishiteru
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arUT9LGMuLE[/yt]
    Back in 2009!

3. YumeNoRui

YumeNoRui Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    This question isn't really AKB related, I apologize if I should not ask here, as I can't find a proper thread to ask

For those foreigners who go Japan, is there such a thing as temporary 3G SIM card to buy? If yes, where to get it?

I'm looking for a SIM card to use on my iPhone 5 so I can access the Internet on the go, without getting my local mobile serivce provider to rip us off, because we are paying like USD$15/1600yen per day, so it's quite a huge amount for a minimum 1 week trip, and I would be going for around 10 days...

And I really need Internet in the go, especially since I get lost easily, so google map is my savior, and those shopping for my sister and friend, so I need to send photos to them, using overseas MMS/SMS is gonna be a bigger bomb too. Then those updates at AKB blog, it's much more easier to be able to check those last minutes changes right on the go.

4. zoeykobe

zoeykobe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Does anyone know how the girls go around Tokyo without being recognized? Or do they get recognized? Thanks!

5. pinkfluffballs

pinkfluffballs Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabe mayu
    Twitter:
    belletagy
    i haven't been to japan before, but my cousin has been there so i got the advice from her.

for sim cards you can try econnect (http://www.econnectjapan.com/) or b-mobile (http://www.bmobile.ne.jp/english/). you order them online, not sure if they are available for sale in japan itself, but they provide shipping to airport/hotels. but for the sim card to work, you have to have an unlocked phone and the connectivity of your phone/etc needs to match up too. but the downside would be you can't make any calls/texts. and it's either you get a 1GB sim card with normal speed or an unlimited data sim card but with a really slow speed (which i heard can't be used for streaming/apps like skype) so..

or you can consider econnect's wifi-to-go (http://www.econnectjapan.com/products/wifi) instead. way faster speeds, and you can make calls/texts.

i find the wifi-to-go safer because no matter what phone you're using, it'll work for sure (unless your phone does not have wifi :p). for the sim card to work there's way too many things to consider and i definitely don't wanna end up spending ~4100yen on a sim card that doesn't work with my phone :D

you need to return the wifi-to-go though, but i read somewhere they provide return envelopes so it's okay. and econnect's sim card is disposable, whereas b-mobile's sim isn't.

you can try navigating around the site and googling for reviews etc, if you wanna know more haha. spent at least an hour doing that a few days ago :^^;:

6. Pollinic

Pollinic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    They go by taxi and trains. I don't know if it's true, but a couple of years ago I heard that Iidabashi station in the heart of Tokyo was a popular drop off place with taxi. From there they could take the train I guess. Some of them use masks to not recognized, but even if they do get recognized, Japanese people tend to not make a fuss about it. Only if you're a handsame male star like Gackt, fangirls may start to flock around you.

7. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Actually I have heard of a different drop-off station, as I know of some fans who have seen the members being dropped off. Perhaps there are more than one.

And no, I am not mentioning which station it is.

8. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    For pocket wifi, I rented one from Global Advanced Communications (http://www.globaladvancedcomm.com) a couple years ago and it worked well. They delivered it right to my hotel and it came with the envelope to return it. I think that you can also rent a SIM card through them but your phone would have to be unlocked. I can't promise that they're cheaper than another company since I haven't checked recently but I was happy with the service.

If you need to call people, I would recommend using an app to call people for free with wifi (they'll have to download it too of course). I use LINE but I know there are others, every single Japanese person that I know with a smartphone has LINE so if you have friends here that works well. Plus you can use iMessage for free with wifi so that's nice too.

9. ericintokyo

ericintokyo Kenkyuusei

i for sure agree with the mask thing as many idols don that when out and about and they dress down

dont count out the fact that the bigger girls have cars.........

10. YumeNoRui

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Great! Thanks for the help! I think the idea of a portable wifi sounds better, since I'm using iPhone 5, I got a feeling it might not be unlocked, I'll go navigate around both sites.

11. YumeNoRui

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I just saw that on chara ani, for the resale rounds of Suzukaka, only the first application(inclusive of up to 10 slots) counts, is that normal for resale rounds?

As I remembered reading that members here have send in multiple applications, (with many slots too) for the other resale rounds, did they change the rules?

12. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

^ all iPhones in Singapore are unlocked prior to purchase, so no issues there.

13. zoeykobe

zoeykobe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Which group came first? HKT or JKT? I always get confused...

14. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    HKT48 did. The members of HKT's first generation were introduced to the public on October 23rd, 2011, and performed their first show at the theater a month later.

JKT came soon after that though. They usually celebrate their anniversary at the end of December.

15. zoeykobe

zoeykobe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    ohh i see, thanks a lot!

16. alrunzz

alrunzz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I just wanna ask where i can get streaming for nemouso tv akb48 eng sub? and vid48 is not working anymore now .. where i can find up to date videos related to 48 groups other than gozua?

17. dimple

dimple Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaanna
    Twitter:
    igucchi
    does anyone have a list of girls that recently announced they were graduating?

18. satyandanur

satyandanur Kenkyuusei

AKB : Oshima (K) , Nonaka (B)
    SKE : Mukaida (S) , Matsumoto (KII) , Orito (KKS), Yamamoto (KKS)
    NMB : Nakagawa (KKS) , Shimazaki (KKS)

19. dimple

dimple Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaanna
    Twitter:
    igucchi
    thank you :)

20. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Don't forget Yamamoto Ruka & Orita Aisa (both SKE KKS)