Your accent

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by hanabi, Mar 7, 2008.

1. yamiperv

yamiperv Kenkyuusei

I don't really have an accent anymore, but sometimes my Asian accent comes out... there are also times where I'll have a valley girl accent or a southern accent...

No i'm not from Cali or anywhere from the south...

2. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    Re:

For English, I'm same as her... :^^;:

Some of things only available in Malaysia is usage of -lah after sentences...
    We use it no matter Malay, English or Chinese... [hehe]
    The reason of usage of -lah is unknown, but it's somehow similar to Japanese usage of da (だ) in sentence finals...
    "Sangat sukalah" which made up of Sangat (really) + Suka (like/love) + -lah is translation for だいすきだ (dai suki da)
    Even though it's common for Malay and Chinese... but we use it on English sometimes...
    like "I know lah!" or "Give me lah..."
    Note: the H sometimes dropped because the H sound was not stressed when speaking...making it only "la"

This one is true! :XD: Malay also has so many accents...
    For Malay, I'm using northern accent... Including in media social... :lol:
    Anyone will notice my north-accentness of Malay when they read my Facebook status... :XD:

3. lemonade

lemonade Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazakimiho
    I'm Canadian, but since I live rather close to the border, I always thought my accent sounded a bit more American. When I go to the US though, they can usually tell, so perhaps my accent is more Canadian than I realize.

4. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

British. Pretty ordinary, middle-class, Southern rather than Northern British... Pretty much the average accent you'd imagine an ordinary British person to have. :^^;:
    I just called myself middle-class.......:huh:

5. topx666

topx666 Kenkyuusei

my accent, we call it in my mother tongue, is medhok accent. nearly all native javanese have medhok accent. even when we are speaking english, japanese, arabic, the medhok accent cannot disappear :1st:

6. kanaruaizawa16

kanaruaizawa16 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    Twitter:
    kanaruaizawa16
    I am not sure, really. This is because I am from Leticia, a little town on Colombian Amazon, in border with Brazil and Peru. Apart, Leticia is a somewhat not-very-old city, who was founded one century and almost a half ago, and the proper coming of people of the interior of Colombia was very recent, who makes my hometown a pretty non-defined place. I, in fact, despite I am Letician, my parents aren't native of there: My mother if from the East of Colombia, near to Venezuela, and my father is from near of the capital.
    So, with my adaptation to the environment, and also growing near of indigenous people, the guys of Peru and the people of Brazil, it's very hard I can describe my accent. The only is, the people of places like Bogotá, where I actually live, say that it's really easy to say I am from other place. And others, for some reason say my voice while speaking Spanish looks more like from Mexico, Venezuela, or even Ecuador (!).

In Portuguese, I think due influence of that I used to see so much Brazilian TV and listen Brazilian popular music, mostly from São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, or the northeast, I developed some accent a bit similar to those places. But also, I am a bit of typical accent of the people of Brazilian Amazon. Still, when I speak on this Language, my pronunciation is a bit affected by the way I pronounce in Spanish.

And on English Language, I often sound a bit like American English, because it's what I was always used to, despite it's a bit really charged, I think so. This, though I can understand some other accents, and I am even used a bit to the Scottish way of speak during a short time. And, well, I had a teacher from United States, and I found her recently, and she says my English is really good. But, sometimes, I tend to pronounce a bit like Japanese people when trying to speak English, mostly because I got too used to hear Japanese sporstmen and singers speaking on English, and their accent get too stuck on my head. I even copied, literally, the way my favourite Japanese sportsman would say "So, this is".

In Japanese? Well, I sound still very Tokyo-like standard, as I was taught in classes.

7. SophieShiori

SophieShiori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Mine is sort of upper-class British accent... Apparently very close to RP (received pronunciation, the old BBC kind of accent).
    But I'm really just middle class and I went to an ordinary state school :^^;: never managed to shake off my accent and blend in.
    I mean... I go to Oxford and people said my accent was posh :blink: wtf?!
    Still, I guess it's not really a bad thing. A guy at the checkout told me never to lose my lovely accent :blush:

8. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    I'm from the north of Mexico; people says I speak too fast and that we make much emphasis in 'ch'.
    Like...for example 'Chikarina' - the 'ch' is kind of long, but not sure if it's really like that (I think it sounds normal, but since people from other states says so, might be true).

9. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Same as her :p Yet mine has a Canadian-Japanese twist to it because I go used to back and forth between Japan and Canada when I was a child :p

10. No One

No One Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    My accent is..... well it definitely depends on what kind of TV Show I'm watching at the point! Currently I'm heavily hooked with Top Gear so I'm starting to imitate the way they pronounce words lol

11. pblancafort

pblancafort Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    since I speak catalan, my accent is really closed, i barely open my mouth to talk, and I can't pronunce the S properly. When I speak spanish I tend to open it more, same for english and japanese, but Catalan is a really low-pitched, as you could say, language. I love it though

12. KanonRock

KanonRock Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    fadillkharisma
    i have a minangkabau descent, and in my daily activity i speak minangkabau.

FYI minangkabau is a ethnic group where living in west coast of sumatera, indonesia.

Sent from my shoe using Tapatalk 2