Welcome to Stage48 version 6!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    For avatar-size, while square is nice, my vote is to at least keep an option for 200 x 300. It's not overly long, and I think some avatars look better that way.

As for signatures - the new forum software has a preference to not display signatures at all. I've found that makes it a lot easier for readability, especially when the signature ends up longer than the actual post.

2. PineappleCrunch

PineappleCrunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Woah!? Maybe I have to re-check again, because I have to refresh the page again and then the alert notification appeared.

3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Anyways, how will the new forum software deter those British kitchen sink spammers that we saw occasionally on the old forum software?

4. hydeo2

hydeo2 Kenkyuusei

wow guys @.@

nice work

loved the new layout congrats :)

5. PauLoPDS48

PauLoPDS48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    Twitter:
    PauLoPDS48_AKB
    I like the new stage48 and the designs too...yeah

6. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Oh that's really useful to know. Thanks! Yeah my avatar has like a ton of layers. haha that would explain why I had issues.

7. BentoBoy

BentoBoy Kenkyuusei

WOWZAS loving the new design on the forums well done all the staff who worked really hard to bring happiness and joy to the 48 Army yay it looks very nice :awesome:

8. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    I noticed that on the mobile site it only shows who started a thread, not who posted in it last. Maybe this is on purpose but I personally would rather see the last poster instead. It's just a small thing but I thought I'd mention it. I've also realized that if your avatar is not square it looks fine on the desktop site but squished on the mobile one, so that's something to consider. I'll probably make mine square again because of this, even though I prefer how mine looks a little longer (once again not a huge issue though). Otherwise I'm loving everything else so far!

9. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I'm partial to a ratio of 2:3 (portrait) myself, something like 130x195. Because I had to kind of ghetto-rig it to display the larger avatars it's a bit hard to forcefully set that requirement- if I force it to be a certain height, it'll distort any image uploaded image to the right width, whereas I would like people to be able to upload an image that isn't perfect (since not everyone knows how to edit an image) and it displays nicely. But yeah, then we get super long avatars. It's something we will rule on as HRP said.

For the first handful of posts a new user makes, the forum checks for any blacklisted words... eg, "kitchen". :rofl: if a blacklisted word appears then all their posts go into the moderation queue for the mods to approve/deny/delete them for being a spammer. I've also got "http" in there so if someone new tries to post links we'll need to approve it. And that's IF they get through the initial registration procress, which automatically looks up their name, email and IP on an internet spam register. A spammer got through the other day while we were figuring out the system but now that we've experienced it for reals, you probably won't see any spam again.

10. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    Wow! The forum looks really modern and sleek now! Great job guys~

11. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    Found another graphical glitch. :^^;:
    Someone needs to point them out and since nobody else does I guess I will be the one to do so.

Unavngivet.png

(In case it is hard to see. The cancel button is almost impossible on darker displays with low brightness)

12. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

The whole link system doesn't work for me, if where "Link" is is supposed to be where you can type the text you actually want it to display... it doesn't let me type anything there. (I can paste in a url into the url field though). I ended up just typing in the tags myself for one post I made XD

On a more positive note, I love that the banner shows the event that's going on (aside from just birthdays). Did we always have banners like for RH and stuff? I never noticed before if so.

13. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Man, the Stage48 site has been on-and-off with database errors...maybe is it because of the "all-day, 100-songs-in-one-show" Request Hour Set List Best 200 event? It's really bugging me...

14. ranko

ranko Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    GPBchan
    I thought it was the new software, but the wiki seems to go down as well when it happens. Probably a traffic issue.

15. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    "Link" is where you're supposed to type, well... the link. [hehe] As in: the URL. The function works just the same way it does in common text editors.

16. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

I've been having database issues from a few days before the switch. Today was particularly awful though. Is there anyway to fix it? Its annoying to get onto the site, type your message and then get an error and having to refresh - sometimes it won't come up with the white page saying error, but the red box with the message.
    I'm also not getting email notifications about new responses. Thats been happening forever, but I was kinda hoping it would get fixed with this. And when I do get responses, it's only for a handful of threads that I've subscribed to. I haven't changed my email or anything either. :confused:

17. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Hopefully the 37th AKB48 single won't be titled "Everything, including the Kitchen Sink"

Whoops, I probably went into moderation there :^^;:

18. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Snort! :XD:

19. aezea

aezea Stage48 Designer

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    aezea48
    Graphical glitch, MINE, on it!! and fixed it :D

Not really before - it's mostly the header banner that changes. Now we have a whole announcement banner and several small link banners :D

20. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    We probably won't be seeing any more server errors (at least on the scale of today) anymore, I've ordered more resources for the server.

Is it for any particular thing you're not getting emails? I'm getting conversation emails fine and from some of the bounced-back emails I've read, other people are getting sent thread subscriptions, so not sure if it's specific to certain threads. Are those subscriptions from before or after the move?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.