Event / Concert 37th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2014/06/07)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jan 8, 2014.

1. moonlit

moonlit Member

@Zakarum thank you very much.
    Thank you, I think I now know why Mayu seemed that way too me. Tbh, what those girls in the book store said upset probably every single Member in all 48G X'D

2. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

MILKYYYYY :(((((( I understand that this being the second time she's screwed up probably made a lot of her fans get fed up with her, but I love her so this makes me super sad.

Other than that, good for Mayuyu, Sayanee and Tanamin. Weird about Ikoma and I didn't think Suda would climb so freaking much :eek:

Sad about my oshi dropping a bit. but at least she's still in senbatsu? I predicted Kawaei would go far in life.

The biggest loser here is Ishida Anna who has never ranked despite being super pushed :(

3. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Despite not being really excited at the idea of Mayu winning, I must admit I wasn't as pissed as I thought I'd be, it was pretty cool seeing her finally seeing her dream come true. She must have rehearsed it in her head a million times, she was so prepared, that was cute.

A lot of things happened that made me happy and a lot of things happened that frustrated me. I'm not gonna write another long personal post that nobody will read, I'll just say that YUKKO & TANAMIN GAVE ME LIFE!!! I must have looked like a crazy person shouting at my computer with tears in my eyes. Sad that this happy feeling had to be shattered by Milky (that one single teardrop, man she killed me...)

Oh and is Suda Akari always this annoying? It's been a while since I've watched anything SKEonly (since Ogiso graduated) and even if I've always found her a little bit too much, tonight the girl was a hot mess.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  4. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    And I can't help but love her. I guess you either like her or can't stand her :)

5. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    @tokidoki I think you're right, she must be that kind of girl with whom there is no in-between.

While I'm disappointed at the low ranks of NMB members, I'm really proud of the Hakata Children. Loved the "proud mommy" look Sasshi had when the camera was on her when one of her HKT kouhais got called. Oh and Renacchi, RENACCHI!! I was extatic. I must admit I had totally forgotten her when Ikoma got called.

6. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I don't think so. Jurina was mentioning that she was more disappointed by the fact that she entered top 3 in the prelim results but then fell to #4, which is a bit devastating, to be honest.

And Sayanee was talking about how NMB (besides herself) did not rank that highly at all, so she was expressing her disappointment in that. (GO SAYANEE!) It was essentially a show of support without being super upfront about it for Milky, which is part of the reason why I love Sayanee so much

7. lusm11

lusm11 Kenkyuusei

My thought about this election:
    Meru: her mega push works, just not the way management expect. She's the center of everything, single, CM, magazine, show, but outranked by Mio. Meru is the first center in one group being outranked by more than one member in the group. However, she's still young, i don't think the management abandon her this soon. After this election, I believe management gonna do everything to get her catch up with Mio.
    Wasamin: dangggg, she has 0 position in 2 songs through election, looks like she is the 3rd one can do that (Acchan, Yuko)
    Mio: I can see your rank, good job :)
    Madoka: never expect her to rank this high, even surpass Mio :-o but it's good to see her
    Milky: aaaaawwwwww so sad to see you out of senbatsu :( I don't want to believe that her fan abandon her :(((
    Haruppi: even though you didn't enter senbatsu this year, next year you will. Keep fighting for the center spot
    Jurina, Sayanee: both of them don't look like they satisfy with their rank. They should take it slowly. I wonder if Jurina tear can make her wota vote more to get her #1 next year :)))))))
    MAYUYU: The way she look calm when they announce #2 make me think that she's the true Queen, her new aura maybe lol. Anyway, congrats Mayuyu for being #1 this year

This election ends with Mayuyu winning, but I don't hope that she will be the center for every single. You know, it's boring, I prefer rotate center, unexpected center, Sakura maybe ;))

8. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    Even though I still plan to watch the election tomorrow, I couldn't help but want to comment on some of the results:

Milky not making senbatsu crushed me a bit, and I'm not enjoying the stills I've seen so far. Maybe that scandal did come back to haunt her...and it's kinda confusing with how some members have rebounded in the past, but who knows if it was just that. NMB in general isn't looking too strong right now. And BBQ beat her! lol, I have to admit that made me smile a little, if anyone was going to take center it might as well have been her. Says a lot about the kind of election she's had. That or it's some SKE curse, Rie Kietahara dropped after joining them too (and Sae). Maybe moving members around isn't such a good idea. :^^;:

While I should be congratulating Mayu first, I'll start with Rina Kawaei, who I thought was going to be just short, like undergirls center. She had to overcome Milky and a strangely surging Kaotan to get in, and that didn't take any "sympathy votes" to do it. Her fans did well for her, and maybe she will be a new lock for senbatsu in coming years with how things are turning out.

I'm glad Aya Shibata was able to prove so many people wrong, I knew she wasn't some fluke. Like Akari Suda, she's moved up all on her own and will be someone that will be competing for senbatsu again next year. She's also helped to give SKE quite the standing in senbatsu.

Suda getting 10th was awesome, I knew her fans were going to push all they could this year and give her an even bigger standing. I expected something like 12th...but she really does have some loving wota, lol.

I like Rina Ikoma, but I'm not so sure I can make sense of her place here. She sort of plugged into senbatsu without much of a presence yet in the group. It is what it is, a popularity contest I guess.

Sayaka making 6th was excellent, I applaud her. Judging from the rest of NMB and nearly doubling Milky, she pretty much IS NMB. I was wondering this before, and now I have that answered.

Happy for Sakura, something told me she was going to surge into senbatsu...except not so high, lol. :lol:

I felt Jurina was going to get her best push yet, and it wasn't even close to the top 2. Never underestimate Yuki, she's still one of the elites. Those fans get an award for solidarity.

And of course...Mayu beating Rino, I sorta paused and had to let that sink in, especially since I used to like her a lot a couple years ago. She's come a long way, and coming up with nearly 160,000 votes is just out of this world. Either her fans were holding back from something like this...or they really understood that it was all or nothing. I don't know what the future center holds, but it's safe to say Mayu could take the reigns, and probably will now anyway. She can say she was an election winner and can walk in front with confidence.

Rino was at least consistent, so if anything we may have a new rivalry on our hands. :)

On a side note: Churi didn't do so well, but I expected that. With what I'm seeing, a lot of older members are losing their appeal to the up and coming younger members, not just at the lower levels, but it's starting to show up with undergirls now. The election will be more hopeful for the newer gens and much more painful for the older. With the way senbatsu is changing, there's not a lot of room in there and maybe members such as Milky may be looking from the outside for some time until Haruna, Sae, and Takamina decide to graduate.

Then we could get BBQ in senbatsu! That's looking like something crazy that is forcing itself to happen, and I am totally on board for it next year.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  9. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I'm trying to love Suda, but I wanted to slam my head into the wall during her speech. Was it really necessary to ramble for TWENTY MINUTES? She didn't even really say much, she just hedged and talking circles for most of the time. She's a little old to be acting like that, in my opinion. I see through the forced cuteness (just like with Tashima Meru). I'm still happy for her, that she has a solid place in senbatsu though. It's great to see more SKE members in there.

Watching this has made me more aware of the problem with the sister groups, specifically NMB. I think it was a mistake making Sayanee the Atsuko Maeda of NMB48, because look what it's done. With Milky's scandal, the dynamic duo of NMB is thrown off, and there are no other girls that are popular enough to pick up the slack..not even Yamada Nana, who managed to rank in UG. It's sad.. this election was pretty much all about SKE and HKT, because it's like no one focused any effort on promoting the evident diversity that exists within NMB. Hopefully they can fix that.

At least SKE managed to break ahead out of the WMatsui thing, now that Aya and Suda are in senbatsu. And HKT is on the uphill climb, for sure. Next election, I think there will be at least three HKT members in Senbatsu. I can't say the same for NMB48, which sucks a ton.

I could tell that Sayanee was upset about the lack of ranking NMB48 members. Her face was stoic for the entire thing, pretty much. Seeing her face when Milky was called reminded me so much of Takamina last year when Mii-chan was called in UG. Sayanee is becoming more and more like Takamina ever day, and I'm loving it. Hopefully Sayanee goes the same route in terms of spotlight, in the way that Takamina started to take a backseat for a lot of the other girls to shine.

It'll be exciting to see how Sayanee and Jurina fare next year.

10. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Its actually somewhat both good and bad this year.

Yes, it sucks that its no longer a SayaMilky rivalry... For just this single.

Right now, aside from Ricchan, who was this year's literal comeback king (GO GO RICCHAN! I LOVE YOU BAKAEI), Milky has the most upvoted G+. EVERYONE on her G+ is saying how much they care, and how proud they are, etc., etc.

I think people have come to their senses about this stupid scandal. She's regaining her status, so its very hopeful for next year.

Though for Jurina... I'm worried that she's going to push herself to the brink yet again. The way they advertised this freaking event was as a four-way literal city battle, and Jurina definitely felt the weight of being Nagoya's representative, which is why I think she felt so disappointed in herself.

11. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I think Jurina herself forgets how young she is, and how she still has yet to hit her peak. She's been in this for years now, and it's always been an uphill climb.

Seeing her sit there, I almost forgot that she's just 17. She's grown so much.

She works her butt off, for sure. Her time is coming. This next election in 2015 might just be her year.

12. ckd

ckd Kenkyuusei

OK, after finally catching my breath and not be living what just happened, I can finally say something. May have to update my post later..

First of all, all of my fears about this years election luckily didn't come to past. But I like to see in the future that management make a election for every team and not just the whole thing altogether. Other than that, I'll be happy.

Mayu winning has to be so cool, only thing better would have been her and Yuko do the oshiri pose to get the crowd up.

This will probably be the first election that I will go back and watch fully since I stayed away from spoilers. Definitely buying the book when it comes out!

Last but certainly not least, thanks for all the Tanamin posts about her. It actually almost made me cry and make me want to watch her speech even more. I almost gave up on her,but not she is finally getting the push she deserves. This is her year people!

Coming from a Team B person who has the best girls(even though Wasamin is in Team K and I have no idea who BBQ is) Long live Team B!:)

13. PoIyrhythm

PoIyrhythm Kenkyuusei

God she's so scary tbh, like one of the titans from Shingeki no Kyojin with that mouth....except it makes words...lots of long....unnecessary words....:fear:

14. adonisklein

adonisklein Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Thoughts about the elections:

First and foremost, Kawaei's appearance and Annin's phone call is PRICELESS!
    They're staying strong after what happened and that makes my day. Any arguments about voting them as a form of moral support being pointless is totally nulled i think. I don't care what's the intention behind their vote, seeing them alright and satisfied is priceless enough for me.

Three Musketeers all ranked!
    Some might be disappointed about how Mako or Naachan couldn't go any higher, but hey, i think we put too much of a hurdle for them. Making it there is great, i'm sure that they can climb up slowly but sure.

The Kusogakis ranked so well! Renacchi too!
    While it's a slight down for Tanochan, but Juri making it to UG and Ryoka managed to rank is really happy thing. Not to mention Ricchan is already up there in senbatsu, and i'm so happy with Renacchi making it into the UG, AnRiRe is complete! :D

The Senbatsu lineup is great!
    While Milky's drop is heartbreaking, others making it to senbatsu is a happy thing too. Sakura is doing a really great job as young as she is, the future is ahead for her. Suda and Shibata truly shows how SKE fans can be so dedicated, they're scary force indeed. Paruru enters Kami 7 is really a happy thing! She's totally the ace of Team A now! Sayanee and Jurina put up a good fight, while it's still quite a long way for top 3 (Jurina almost got it), there's always next year, i'm hoping for another interesting fight!

Mayuyu wins closed the day with the best ending for me.
    This is it, such a wonderful performance from Mayu's fans! I think when it comes to Top 2, there's a lot of thing to consider like other support outside your fans and things. I think both Mayu and Sasshi now realized how hard it is to fight for the top spot, and that no one can take it for granted.

15. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Yeah I don't think she really realizes the fact that she's still a freaking teenager wtffff

To be honest, I can't blame her. For most high schoolers they feel old anyway, :^O^:

Though I really hope Mariko-sama reminds her not to overwork herself!!!

16. Yagami Kumi

Yagami Kumi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Ikoma Rina ranking totally caught me off guard~ it was one of the many surprises this election threw up. It seems the vote counts have gone down quite a bit to get into senbatsu compared to last year, though the gaps between the 1st and 2nd member of each group seem to grown extremely large, to insurmountable proportions. Jurina was 4th but had 90k compared to 5th, Rena's ~70k, and Sayanee has left Milky behind in the dust, despite Yukirin improving her tally, Mayuyu has done the insane and broken records. It surprised me some of the margins between senbatsu ranks were so razor thin- only a few hundred votes separated Paruru and Sayanee, and less than 150 separated Yuihan and Ikoma, and Shibata Aya and Ricchan.

17. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Even though the vote tallies for individuals went down, the total votes actually went up.

I think the reason for this is because there's no one person that everyone votes for anymore. Everyone has so many great options to pick from, essentially the votes are being spread between all the members they find fitting. Look at how many superb members that didn't rank this year, and you can easily see where the rest of the votes went.

18. oscarwilde

oscarwilde Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    oscarwilde48
    People first commenting about something, then watching the actual thing.

Smart.

19. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I agree with Piyochama. But not because members increased, because ranks increased. People are voting for their real oshimen now, as they have a chance to enter, not just the team's captain, centre or group's ace, etc.

20. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Sayaka seemed cold throughout. When Milky was called, she looked really emotionless. One can take it either as "haha, I smoked my rival, you are no competition for me" or "dang, my rival and NMB48 comrade taken a freefall and I'm sad for her." I don't know her enough to tell what she more likely to be thinking but I felt it was the former. Again, I don't know their dynamics and relationship to know.