Event / Concert 37th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2014/06/07)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jan 8, 2014.

1. itsmiina

itsmiina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Management didn't cue NMB fans to power vote Sayaka. Her fans gave her that rank. What Kaneko said/implied was to pick up the slack and get more NMB members to rank.

Also, as for Milky, although her scandal affected her greatly, that's probably not the only reason she fell from senbatsu. It's just that many more girls (e.g. Ricchan) are being pushed and they are effectively appealing to the masses. Also, let's not forget how strong SKE is with elections. And it also seems like HKT is becoming a voting powerhouse too... Overall, the biggest winners were SKE and HKT. SKE fans showed how dedicated and supportive they are and HKT fans showed that they will be following in SKE fans' footsteps.
    But watching Milky and hearing her speech was harsh. I sincerely hope she makes her way back into senbatsu again next year.
    And as an NMB oshi, I was definitely sad. Almost every NMB member dropped (with the exception of Sayaka and Miru and Fuuko) and they had the least amount of members rank. As for my oshi, Nana, I hope that next year, she also manages to rank in senbatsu or at least centers UG. Namba represent.

Overall, I think the best highlight of the election for me was Mayu taking the throne. Mayu's not one of my favorites (nor do I abhor Sashihara), but it great to see her finally achieve her goal. AND DAT MAYUYU CALL!! You go gurrl!

2. alabare

alabare Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Got up this morning early and manage to catch the live-feed and it was exciting to see it live for a change.

I am happy the Mayuyu finally reached her Goal of being 1st. I think this made being in the fandom interesting. Truthfully when the prelim results came out I thought the Sasshi had it in the bag. It is not that I do not like Sasshi, but I was kind of selfish and wanted the record of no one repeating as number 1 to continue. Even through the epic battles between Atsuko v Yuko. It was a nail-biting finale, which I think is important to keep the excitement.

Was very happy the HKT48 had a good showing, it shows that their growth through the year is going good. Was a little sad for Milky, as I thought that she would place better, but hey this disappointment would make her stronger and make her work harder. She needs to stop riding the Coat-tails of Sayanee and stand on her own. I think that Meru must be feeling a little sad although she ranked up, as she did not seem to be able to capitalize on her "Center" position in HKT48. She is still young, and I think it is better for her to have a tempered growth then feel the pressure all the time. Glad that as Half would say the Russian Monkey Rank, also our resident Cry baby Aoi and of cause Cappu. Was glad thae Haruppi did advance, not to Senbatsu, but hey she is putting up a good fight, nice year the Hakata Fairy will advance. Sakura, it was so surprised that she out-ranked some of the favorites, she has really grown up this year. Both Physically in her height lol and Mentally. She deserves to stand as a representative of HKT48 in the Senbatsu. Now the group fan's of which I am one, can say we have helped move a girl to Senbatsu. Sasshi is from HKT48, but she was a transfer who was a popular member already.

I think Management Decision to Give Sayanee a Kennin, is good as it allows her to improve/expand her appeal, while giving a good reason for NMB48 to stand on their own two feet.

I think that they saw that NMB48 seems to be centered around a few of the girls, and that is why when they worked on HKT48, the deliberately change up the push almost single to single. I think by doing this you can bring the whole group growth together. The formula that they had with AKB48 and SKE48 of relying on a couple of top ace's was one that was not fully realized in NMB48.

My heart also skip a bit when Kojiharu trolled everyone with her "Graduation" announcement "Not". I think this is a homage to Mariko and also a stab at all the prognosticators who voting her most likely to Graduate. I think truthfully she still greatly enjoys being in the group. I would hope that she sticks around till the 10 anniversary and then leave together with her fellow 1st generations.

I was a little sad the Miichan ranked down, but I thought that seeing her throughout this past year. You can see that she has taken it upon herself to be a good Senpai to her Kouhai and see the light at the end of the tunnel. She like a lot of the early Generation girls seem to laying the foundation of leaving a legacy behind. They also want to leave the group stronger with a good future.

It was interesting to see Rina being there, I think she looked great for the little makeup she had on. Seeing the girls drenched was an interesting development, for so many of then they still look radiant and do not have the wet dog look.

Now mentally preparing for Yuko's send-off and Graduation. This is the end of another era.

On that note really looking forward to the Single and hearing the new song.

3. IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Twitter:
    Babyssb
    After Anya and Myao got in I though this would be my highlight for this year and it would get only disappointing with higher ranks. But instead there were so many awesome highlights for me this time.

So happy Miki got in and that musketeers ranks weren't that far from each other. I think they are most interessting when they are grouped together.

Meru rose a lot in ranks, and I am super happy about that. It bothers me a lot that people that aren't Mio or Ruppi fans in the first place complain about her center position. Management made wise decision in not only focusing on your usual idol type of girls. And I believe Meru will impress people a lot more as she gets older and that she will rise even more in ranks.

Having Renacchi and Madoka rank made me incredibly happy as well. I had already given up on Madoka becoming popular with the crowd. Yet they managed to let her have the highest Sousenkyo debut besides Ikoma this year.

I'm a little disappointed Ruppi did not make Senbatsu. It might have been unlikely, but 1st day results somehow got my hopes up. Anyway nice rank. Next year she has to make it into Senbatsu.

I'm also happy Nogizaka fans joined the fun this year and brought us the super adorable reaction of Ikoma. And besides that in regard of Senbatsu I'm strangely ok with Mayu winning the battle. Her speech was so well though through, it made me feel she deserved it to be the new center.

I'm really looking forward for next years election. This one was definitely amazing.

4. Teirā1227

Teirā1227 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Aki-p successfully milked money off 46 fans [hehe]

5. lilypie

lilypie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    So I opted out this year from chatting with you fellow S48ers to watch it live with a friend of mine with some boba and a bag of popcorn. Thoughts, comments, and just...general stuff:

Spoiler tag to keep the post short-looking.

Upcoming Girls
    Congratulations to Ryoka and Myao (welcome back!). My excitement in this group lies in Annya, she's finally gotten a chance to stand on that stage and hopefully she'll only go higher ;). Rather surprised (or very actually) at Akarin's, Ami's and Yagi's drop o_O But nonetheless MariYagi congratulations on center!!

AND TANAMIN OMG. I think my friend and I (quietly) screamed in excitement seeing her name being called. I teared up a little seeing her, it was just...A wave of "I'm so glad she's finally getting to stand on that stage as the only 3rd generation who has yet to have a chance"!!!! AUGH. Awesome way to start the Sousenkyo I must say.

Future Girls
    So glad Miki-chan ranked after not showing up during prelims, you go girl!! And happy for Matsuoka, Nakki, Nao, and Naachan. Hip-hip-hurray on another Wasamin center!! That girl and her fans are good at this :lol:
    qqq
    But the worst part for me is Mocchi's drop...... I don't think I'll recover from this for a few days...:cold::wtf::cold::(:explode: (too many emotions involved!!!???!! /crash)

Next Girls
    YAY!! To Yukarun and Yukko!! And of course Mirurun, Cap, Aoitan, omg HKT girls you amazing babies~~ And of course KojiMako, was honestly expecting her to be higher but this was a reasonable spot (as I'm assuming AKB doesn't quite have the power of SKE hako-oshi for Shibata like they did last year...which was 200% amazing).

Umechan.........Another hit to me like Mocchi's drop (although not as hard but still hurts)....:cold:

Under Girls
    Lol Kaotan center, yes :^O^: Too much fun. When she had all the KKS stand up, I could only applaud her. Secretly, I'm kind of glad she's not in senbatsu (/shot :awesome:). So much to say about this group so I'll go in order:
    18. Mirukii - I'm sorry...I thought she would enter senbatsu, in fact I was at a loss when she didn't since I was going: WHO ELSE DO WE HAVE THEN!? It made me realize how much the scandal did hurt and all in all I'm not surprised...
    19. Kitarie - YESH. YESH. I wanted a LINE stamp of you Una-dog but YESH :D
    20. Annin - Can say nothing but glad to hear she's okay and well. Congrats on the rise!!
    21. Haruppi - MY OSHI MAKES A FABULOUS JUMP OF 16 SPOTS STRAIGHT INTO UG, WILL YOU JOIN SAKURATAN NEXT YEAR IN SENBATSU!? I HOPE SO!!! :banana::banana:
    22&23. Miichan&Yuria - Congrats to the two! I believe this is probably their safe-spot position wise.
    24. Tomu - HOLY MOLY THIS GIRL. She's going to keep flying up isn't she!? At this steady ready she'll run straight into senbatsu! But who knows what it'll be like next year :p
    25-32. Congrats to Rena & Madoka & Juri, they're finally here :D!! So excited~~ These girls all went from not-ranked straight into UG, amazing and so happy for them!!!:blush:

Senbatsu
    1. Mayuyu - Tbh, when I first saw her back in 2011, I didn't like her. This cyborg girl was....boring. But she's grown on me, she's adorable, absolutely professional, and her desire to be 1st and love for AKB is undeniable. And I wished so hard she would be first this year that I told myself to not wish too hard because the preliminaries made me feel like it wasn't going to happen. And I didn't want the disappointment. Prepared myself for the worse and she proved me wrong. I TOTALLY CRIED :cry::cry::cry: MAYUYU OMEDETOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2. Sasshi - ...........Tokumitsu couldn't have waited a little bit longer in calling SKT (he seriously can't pronounce H), ZERO TENSION. Crap. But...When HKT was called my friend and I literally WOKE from our drowsiness and I semi-screamed. Out of my expectation but making my wish come true. I'm actually amazed she decreased in votes but this could prove the theory that last year included some "thanks-for-helping-HKT/semi hako-oshi-votes" that have left and found themselves new, hopefully HKT, oshis.
    3. Yukirin - And her fans show their usual prowess. But I fear she'll have to fight hard to keep this spot with Jurina creeping up at such a rapid rate, I imagine she may drop to 4th next year... BUT STILL TOP3!! WOOHOO!!
    4. Jurina - I was spot on about her position. It's still amazes me every year that she's ONLY 17 and she's 100% veteran in this election thing.
    5. Rena - Congrats!! I'm seriously surprised/amazed/but not at the vote difference between Jurina and her. Almost 20,000. It seems like Jurina has become the next "wall" of votes like Mariko was.
    6. Sayanee - Wow :worthy: I know she's coming, and I forsee the future battles to be (if Sasshi and Mayuyu AREN'T around) Jurina vs Sayanee vs Paruru vs Sakuratan (in terms of all groups). This girl is gonna give the rest a good fight.
    7. Paruru - Exactly where I thought she would go. I love that she just walked off after her speech, simple and straightforward. None of that bull from Tokumitsu and those purposely time-consuming questions.
    8. Kojiharu - THAT WAS NOT FUNNY. :explode:I ALMOST STARTED CRYING. IN FACT I WOULD'VE LIKE MIICHAN. OMG :fp:
    9. Takamina - Sorry, I was really close to falling asleep during your speech :fp: But our GM stands strong and nothing could be more awesome than that :lol:
    10. Dasu - :worthy::worthy:
    11. Sakuratan - :worthy:
    12. Sae - Although not surprised she dropped, I'm MUCH MORE AMAZED at how much her fans hold up for her. Couldn't be more than happy she made it straight into senbatsu :flower:
    13. Yui - Yay :D You didn't cry this year, every year she grows a little and every year I love her a little more. Congratulations on 13th again!
    14. Ikoma - Um...I will get yelled at for saying this but HUH!? :confused: Um.... HUH!? o_O Did NGZ46 really spend their money on the AKB CD? Or are there enough AKB+NGZ fans? o_O Or Ikoma fans are just amazing :confused: Her votes increased by over 10x and it looks...suspicious. /shot. If someone told me this was an Aki-P scheme just to prove that her kennin was right I'd believe them. :gavel: TBH, I don't really care to see her in senbatsu. /shot again.
    15. Shibata - Wow. My first reaction was wow. Her hako-oshi (I know that's not all of it but I credit that to be the reason for her appearance last year) smoothly turned into successful strong-oshi/fans sticking and into senbatsu. WOW.
    16. Ricchan - :cold: This girl.....so strong...and so brave...and I'm so glad she's okay and have so much feels about her in senbatsu. CONGRATS!!

Augh, that was long.
    UBER SAD that Sakiko, Suu-chan, and Hirari didn't rank....:cry::cry::cry:

6. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I think the saddest thing out of this election is Sumire not ranking. You didn't get to see her giving a crying speech and feel bad for her, because she didn't even rank. She has ranked in the past 4 elections (every one she participated in). I can only imagine how devastated she must be now.

7. satyandanur

satyandanur Kenkyuusei

It's kinda sad seeing transferred members' ranking :(
    Chiyori , Marika , Sumire didnt rank :fp:

8. sno_rpg

sno_rpg Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    You guys know that Sasshi has lived as the "bullied" character. Yuko saying that AKB is back to an idol group was a joke. Yuko even said she like both to win.

The election is like a rollercoaster ride for me. Too much surprises and emotions up there. Here's my thoughts.

I think this is the best coupling members for an election. So glad Amin and Ranran is still hanging there. Better ranked than nothing. Myao's comeback is good, but I won't expect for management to utilize her anymore (single wise). Props for Maachun, Akarin, Anya and Saho~~~! That HA-YA-I is so lovely haha. And the best part is Tanamin ranking! I feel so proud with my 3rd Gens. I even repeat her speech 3 times after the election. It's so wonderful to see her so happy. Even the crowd went wild!!! Aaah my heart is so full now haha.

Having 4 NMB members here made me nervous. They are those who have names in their group. It scared me that Fuuko won't rank anymore because I expect Keicchi to rank higher. But I am glad Miorin and Shu still ranked. I like Miorin, but I think she really needs to stop that Lemon act. She's getting nowhere with it. >< The surprise for me is Mikichan ranking. When Sahoo ranked in UCG, i really thought she's no more. I am glad she made it in with Okada. I can't get enough of them two when they're together. Kanon is surprising too. For an SKE front girl, getting this rank is questionable for me.

4 more NMB members on this set! Though 2 of them are original, i love how Reinyan comes out from nowhere. Now an NMB member centers for a song again~! Fuuko is so lovely. She's sparkling bright this election, at least in my eyes. Yukko is the biggest surprise here. At last, this time is what she really needs and also for the public to know her awesomeness! Team H's Captain is a surprise for me too. I really didn't saw this coming. A 36th rank is a good thing for Kojimako considering her push.

This is where i got emotional. Churi's rank goes down, and this made me worry so much for her time in 48G. With Airin leading the KII now, and management somehow pushing her to the back of SKE slowly, i really hope she won't graduate still. Nanatan is so cute. I really find it cute when she speaks her name haha. I was hoping she would do her catchphrase lol. Juri ranking is so fulfilling. Rie ranking up is a good thing, despite losing her spot in AKB senbatsu. I would have love it if she came back to Senbatsu, but higher UG is a great thing too. Despite management being cold to her, She still manage to rank high which is surprising. And the worst happening this year, Milky out of Senbatsu. Her speech, her way of talking, her face, it's so devastating. But I'm glad with the ChapuChapu at the end, still it's heartbreaking.

Kawaei showing up, i really saw through it though so not really surprised. This girl is so strong. Some might think it's the "sympathy votes" that made her up there, well I don't care. Her ranking in Senbatsu makes it formidable that she's one of AKB's future now.
    I didn't expect Aya to get into Senbatsu. I thought last year was just because of hako-oshis. Now i think she made her own name and fanbase. Props to the girl, and her cute eyes.
    Ikotan is so funny and cute. So glad she is in Team B. hehe
    Not really surprised with Yui, Sae, Takamina, and Kojiharu. But Kojiharu's speech is so surprising. Such a troll. haha
    Akarin's speech is too long. I like her speech last year than this year though. Still glad for her to make it in Senbatsu. I hope she will be a staple member in every AKB release if ever Rena will be out.
    Sakuratan!!!!! The hidden ace of HKT! A lot of people are rooting for Haruppi-Meru ace in HKT, but Sakura is too powerful for the 2. I love how she said Sasshi is her rival. I don't even see Sakura and Haruppi as rival there. Glad she ranked 11th.
    Kami 7. I thought Paruru won't make it in. I guess i underestimate her fans. Congratulations for the girl for breaking out of her salty character. I'm liking her more now. I thought Sayaka can beat Rena this year. Sayaka's fanbase is so serious this year. I wonder what will happen next year, maybe she will make it in Top3. The gap between Jurina and Rena is a surprise for me. But when i thought about how Jurina gets more push than Rena, it's normal i guess. As much as I love Jurina, i don't see her reaching 3rd this year. Yukirin is still there with her wall. And I am right with Yukirin's fans. They are really strong and start the game late. I love the Top 3 this year. Now for the top 2, i don't have much to say. I love both girls so I don't really care much who will get the crown. Sasshi in 2nd can put out the pressure on her now. Congratulations to Mayuyu. This is no CG Revolution anymore, but at last, the girl got it. I thought this is her last chance.

This year's election was a blast. It's raining HKT and SKE members. I hope next year NMB will play it hard.

9. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Milky disappointed her fans by having a scandal, so in turn the fans disappointed her too imo.
    on Sayanee being kinda stone-faced all throughout Milky's speech. let's remember Sayanee is different to Takamina. she's the type of leader. that really put on a straight face and that's why everyone has a strong impression of her.

Takamina, Kojiharu and Sae didn't budge much on their position despite that new members are taking over them. I can say that their fans are very loyal and supportive, not letting them lose to younger members without a fight.

Ricchan really reminded me of Yuko's first Sousenkyo but I'm more impressed to Yuko.(kinda bias since I'm Yuko oshi) Yuko is having a high-fever from what I remembered while Ricchan and Annin has been injured because of a :asdfgh:. . .anyway, kudos to Ricchan and Annin. I hope they ranked higher next year.

the Top 3 are all former Team B members. who would've thought of that since the first Sousenkyo.
    since in the Old Gen Era. Team A dominated the Top 7 spots, Team K with only Yuko and Team B with only Mayu until Yukirin and Sasshi rise up in the ranks.

Sasshi imo solidify herself already even though she didn't win. proving that last year was not a trolling effort but real genuine support. Sasshi was a tad bit short on vote. I guess Sasshi fans underestimated Mayuyu fans no wonder about that cause even a Mayuyu fan like me was doubting that Mayuyu would even be 2nd. everyone thought Sasshi was way to strong on the vote count to even think Mayuyu would come close.
    but I guess Mayuyu fans push through all doubts and boundaries for Mayuyu to achieve a long time coming dream of hers. winning the Sousenkyo and solidifying herself as AKB48 Center voted by the fans and not just only management's favorite. earning the respect and recognition that she was working hard to get on all 8 years she's been in AKB48.

10. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Reinyan is the only one who came through her transfer without a big drop (just 1 place) or not ranking. Well, except Lemon, but she already had time to build up a fanbase in her new group with her kenin position.

Maybe it has to do with how well she has gelled with her team? Almost feels like she's been part of Team M all along.

11. Suppy13

Suppy13 Kenkyuusei

Not really a 'group' Oshi since I tend to follow some girls in all groups, but I have to say it was a joy seeing HKT during this event. Everytime a HKT'er was called they all looked elated whether it's Sakura in Senbatsu or Piichan in Upcoming Girls. It could be because HKT was making a grand showing this year which would be beneficial for the group as a whole or it could be just how they are, or a combination of both. There wasn't any shortage of smiles, cheers and backpats from literally all of them. They seem to be a tight nit group. Though I guess being labeled the 'underdog' or the 'lesser group' through the years could be another reason.

12. AKBree

AKBree Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    That rain, wow.

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. charly66

charly66 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
  14. charly66

charly66 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    thats the guy from the beggining right, no wonder the camera went straight to takamina and she laughed hahahah epic she cryed in akbingo because of their cheer ,,, read subtitle if you need to

15. bustergol

bustergol Kenkyuusei

it is just me or i heard akip just shouting:
    "YES!!, ANOTHER PLAN OF MINE HAS SUCCEEDED!!":^O^::^O^::^O^:

16. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

I always assumed that the girls were savvy enough to keep track of who was called and could tell whether or not they made it into senbatsu... when Kaoton was called 17 you pretty much knew Ricchan was in and both Aya Shibata and Sakura were crying, so they knew too. Only Ikoma was surprised... which was neat because she is probably the only person ever who got truly shocked that they made it into senbatsu at the moment that their name was called... usually by that point everybody knows if their in or not. She said in her blog post that she thought she had completely fallen out of the rankings... and not like she was faking it either... she looked about as stunned as humanly possible. :^^;:

17. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Having had some time to gather my thoughts I'll let you in on my feelings towards yesterdays outcome ....

Upcoming Girls
    The thing which really made Upcoming Girls was Tanabe Miku reaction to being called. Now I am not a fan of her but the total bewilderment, disbelief and wonderment was a joy to watch. It is really nice to see a members reaction to getting something good which they really, honestly, didn't expect to get.

I am really happy that Yakata Miki ranked, she is so cute and funny and I was quite surprised that she didn't do so last year really. It was great that Abiru Riho also ranked as she seems like a nice girl and, of course, Murashige Anna.

It was saddening to see some of the large drops for people descending into this section from previous, higher ranks. Suzuran, hopefully, will have the strength to fight on and regain some places next year but for the members which lost 20-30+ places I can only guess how they feel.

Future Girls
    Ripopo finally ranked! She is one of my favourite members that I follow on Google+ and it's nice that she is finally getting a bit of recognition from the fans for her humour and input into NMB48. An improvement from Wasamin to take centre is great too.

But there are a lot of losers in this section ... (I don't mean that negatively just members who have lost a lot of ranks). Kuramochi has been mentioned by others for her 16 rank drop but personally I was more surprised at Kimoto Kanon who (although this is not shown in the election's wiki48 page for some reason) dropped 19 places from the bottom of Undergirls down to here. I would imagine that she is not very happy with that at all.

Next Girls
    So much goodness here. I hoped that Anai Chihiro would rank this year, and voted a couple of times for her, and only expected her to maybe get into one of the lower sections, but to jump straight in at 39 is excellent for her. Kinoshita Yukiko ranking as high as she did was also a pleasant surprise to me and something she really does deserve.

It was sad to see Furukawa Airi and Umeda Ayaka both dropping to here from there last years position in Undergirls. The way things seem to be going I doubt that they will get the push needed to return unless something dramatically changes. Fujie Reina though, whilst she has dropped from Undergirls as well, you have to ask is it better to be at the very bottom of one section or front and center of the one below (at least in non-Senbatsu sections).

Undergirls
    I find it surprising how few SKE48 members there are now in Undergirls compared with how many there has been in the past. I am glad that Takayanagi Akane and Oya Masana managed to remain in this section and I am glad that Yamada Nana did the same. Haruppi did well getting into here, some people were saying that she would make Senbatsu this year but personally I found that unlikely, and I think that it feels about the correct place for her at the moment to act as a place to attack upper Undergirls/lower Senbatsu next year.

The saddest thing of the night though for me was seeing Milky drop out of Senbatsu. I had read her thread here a few days ago and learned about the latest rumoured "scandal" and managements seeming lack of willing to deny, or allow her to clearly deny, it. Whether that is what caused this drop of whether there were other factors I don't know but it was sad to see.

Senbatsu (lower 10-16)
    I think it's great that Suda Akari managed to not only remain in Senbatsu but also build so well on her position within it. Yes she gave a long rambling speech but good for her! I am quite surprised that Yui didn't build upon her position and that Suda and Sakura both leaped over her. Sakura and Aya both did well to get into Senbatsu from their positions in Undergirls last year and Ikoma proved that doubters wrong on whether the Nogizaka46 fans would be willing to vote for her in an AKB48 Group election.

Senbatsu (mid 5-9)
    Epic trolling from Nyan-nyan for the win, she'll probably graduate before the next election but she's going to announce it at a time of her choosing and she's going to keep us guessing when that'll be. Takamina ... didn't get the position she wanted but she's till in single digits which I think is fair.

Paruru, Sayaka and Rena ... I think that they are in a difficult position where they are likely to get pressured from below but are unlikely to be able to increase their ranks outside these three positions unless Yuki/Sasshi graduate ... I just don't see them being able to do it. Of the three Sayaka probably has the best chance of catching the leaders but given NMB48's overall showing are their fans willing to buy enough votes to do it?

Senbatsu (upper)
    I can understand Jurina's frustration. Whilst she is still young she has been in the group for a long time and has always been pushed as a center but her only position gain here was due to member graduations.

Yuki ... the strength of her fanbase is amazing. Whilst the other older members have started dropping she just keeps in at the top with no real significant wavering. I would not be surprised if she stays just below the top until she decides to graduate.

Mayuyu and Sasshi. I think Sasshi's downfall was, at least in part, due to her prelim results this year. Last year she ended up with the best part of 50000 votes over Mayuyu and the prelims this year seemed to say that there was likely to be a big lead again. I wonder if this meant that some of the HKT48 fans which pushed her so hard last year then decided that it was a done deal and they could cast votes for other HKT48 members instead, thus giving the improved showing elsewhere in the ranking, rather than concentrating on her. Hence Sasshi's drop in votes. At the same time Mayuyu's fans could see that there was going to be a big fight and they were going to have to do their utmost to beat Sasshi and so they did. Given the figures I think Mayuyu would have likely still won but I think things could have been a lot closer and may well be next year. It does make me wonder if there is something in the idea of not voting heavily at the beginning of the period, until after the prelims are out, so that how heavily you are going to vote is masked and is more of a surprise to the other camps at the end.

Overall I'm happy ... everyone I voted for ranked, one for the first time, and whilst several lost positions only one actually dropped to a lower section.

18. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    FINALLY!!! The Sasshi reign is over! Mayuyu has taken center stage!!! And even Ikoma-chan in the senbatsu party!!! Nogizaka46 has a representative!

19. banzaiwota

banzaiwota Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Guys maybe i'm off topic but i want to ask: Today is the yuko grad concert right??
    And is the concert will be streaming live like SSK yetsterday??

20. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

No.

Technically neither were officially streamed live in fact with the only streams for yesterday being from people streaming the TV broadcasts. No TV broadcast, that I know of today, so no chance of that happening.