Event / Concert AKB48 Mini Concert in Malaysia March 2015

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by kevin_vin, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuhdNurHidayat

MuhdNurHidayat Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    That's right... :lol:
    They can opt out for longer skirt or wear long pants instead if the skirt really unacceptable... or wearing long inner pants while maintaining the short skirt... (or use JKT48's Ramadhan costume, that costume should be very safe)

If you went to Comic Fiesta 2014 (the event where the announcement was made) you can see many people wearing short skirts and some even wear clothes that exposes their bellies, but no one give a :censored: about them. (Well, I wear short skirt too at that time, maybe not so short but any skirt above knee is regarded as "short" at here)

If they want to talk about dress code, ask the minister (or whoever in charge) to make that dress code as rule for Malaysian artists first before applying it to foreign artists or groups coming to Malaysia because some of Malaysian artist themselves wear damn sexy clothes on stage, even for live broadcasting!! :gavel:

2. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    ^ This. They so need to do this, Indonesia too. Ruckus about dresscode is logical when it is official and everyone are made to follow it and abide by it. But when even the local artists wear tight/sexy/whatever clothes, why even shame themselves by stopping international artists from wearing such during their concert? Okay... That's a little off-topic.

Back to the mini concert, I think the fans would still appreciate AKB's mini concert in Malaysia even if the members wear Abayas while performing (of course while performing good). [hehe]

3. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

You wore a short skirt as a guy? xD

Anyway, I'm pretty sure they're not going to change their usual way of performing for something like this. Nor do I think this is important enough for political or religious groups to get involved unless the group was there to stay. How many people will even know or care that some group from Japan is coming to give a mini concert? I also think that management is aware of things like this, they don't just go anywhere without planning in advance and testing the waters. But then again, I don't know much about the situation in Malaysia so I guess we'll see.

4. MuhdNurHidayat

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    I don't like to talk about gender but I was trying to cosplay as Sonoda Umi (I don't want to tell the anime name)
    I've already wear skirts since I was kids lol, but not short like the one I wore during Comic Fiesta~ :fear:

It depends on place too, it will be held in either Penang or Kuala Lumpur, there should be no problem for those places...
    Furthermore, it's a mini concert, should be no issue... Maybe only big concert where too many peole will attend will need the performers to comply with strict performance rules...
    If talking about music lyrics, there's no issue too because their lyrics are not explicit... Plus, will the authorities understand what is being sung anyway?? :fear:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  5. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

^ those guys will use google translate, i always felt that the girls should come to either singapore or thailand instead of malaysia as there will be alot of restrictions in malaysia , if the girls are coming for a gig in boleh-land

6. MuhdNurHidayat

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    mnh48com
    They already went to Singapore before, around 2012? :fear:
    Not sure about Thailand... I only know SKE48 had went to Thailand for Sansei Kawaii MV recording...

Malaysia is restricted in few areas, but in few other areas you're quite free... come here and see it yourself~ :cool: Next event that will be held in Malaysia (that I know) is UCC (Universal Cosplay Convention) at One City, Subang Jaya, Selangor on 24th January...

Penang, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur is not that strict...
    It's already a long time since we want them to come at least once, some of Malaysian who (are lucky enough and rich enough) went for handshake or 2shot events in Japan always promote Malaysia to the members... :chuffed:

7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I am not sure, but Malaysia seems to be aimiliar with Indonesia with the fact that majority of the people are Moslems and a great number of them are conservative and really stick to their religion. If it is true, I doubt AKB will have any problem for once in a while mini concert and HS. Especially that it is a mini concert, not even a bigger concert. Doubt government and those religion extremists will care much.

8. archy89

archy89 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    archykun
    People are actually worried because the religious political party side in Malaysia made a ruckus about Momoclo last time. But you need to realize, that was a government event and inviting opposition party to make bad comments out of it was already decided. They even mistook Momoclo for some Kpop group. I'm never interested in political situation in Malaysia but tbh that made themselves looked really pitiful to me.

I also went to SCANDAL live concert in Malaysia in 2013 and spotted no problem with it at all. (Although they are not idol group):p

9. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    ^
    Lol I went to Pussycat Dolls many years ago and they dressed all sexily and stuff, and then got backlash after they left but nothing happened after that :p
    Besides, KPop girl groups come all the time and there's no problem, so I don't see why AKB will have a problem at all. Haha.

10. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    yeah. for private sponsored concert, the ruckus is kinda big but it will stop after a while but if it is a goverment sponsored like Youth Day concert, the opposition political parties and NGOs will make a ruckus until general election day.

11. 1nfiltraitor

1nfiltraitor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    isoharakyoka
    Oooh so AKB48 could be categorized as contraband for some native cultures? It's only mini concert anyway,:D

12. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    When religion comes in the common sense goes out.

13. sonic31s

sonic31s Kenkyuusei

Guys KL is way better then other "restricted" states.

Anyway do any of you know which state AKB48 will be going to KL? Johor? Penang?(the only states that it will be possible)

14. leongekicau

leongekicau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    While Indonesian and Malaysian is similar, Indonesia still much less conservative than Malaysia. That is what I understand from partially following their politics. Things that works in Indonesia might not work in Malaysia and vice versa.

Its great that they are doing SEA tour. This way there would be less competition for the Jakarta concert tickets. Hope it won't be so expensive.

15. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    that youth day concert was held in putrajaya..and they still made a fuss out of it anyway.lol
    yeah indonesia is less conservative except Acheh.

16. Jayden

Jayden Kenkyuusei

So.. less than 2 months for this supposed 'visit' to Malaysia and there hasn't been any official announcement yet? I'm beginning to doubt the credibility of this 'AKS staff member' who for some odd reason came down to some random malaysian weeb event.

17. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I remember there is almost no announcement from aks side when AKB came for Tokyo car exhibition (i cant remember the name as well) in singapore last year too.
    Though the guy who annnounced at the malaysia event is a bit suspicious.(Not to be racist, but he sounded like malaysian rather than japanese.) I doubt aks will send a staff flying from japan to malaysia, or employ a japanese living in malaysia just for announcement purpose. Still, i dont think it is a fake announcement tbh because of Ren nozawa's tweet.

18. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @Jayden
    Have they even set a date for Indonesia though? If that's in February and they haven't done that, I don't expect them to do so for Malaysia.

@souchan48 also I don't think that guy sounded malaysian at all lol. I wouldn't doubt his nationality haha. Also why would some random person give a fake announcement from nowhere? Lol.

Anyway, who knows? Maybe they'll actually announce the dates for indonesia and malaysia at akb's request hour looool.

19. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    err.. i clearly said i dont think the announcement is fake lol

20. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    You said you had your doubts though lol. So I'm just answering them. Before you said that you don't think it is fake...

Though there's one thing he said that bothers me. "They were here three days ago..."
    Who the heck is "they" and why were they there 3 days ago? Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.