TV / Radio Majisuka Gakuen 4 (Jan 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Mana, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Sae Chan

Sae Chan Member

Member of The Institute for Miyazawa Sae Worship
    Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae
    Twitter:
    SaeChanOshi33
    LOL thats true I wanted to see Acchan kick Shibuya but

2. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I don't get it. Acchan same as Sakura, both strong. I think Acchan more weird, she not have passion to the top but she easily beat the queens lol.
    and we all know, MG2 queens is very weak if we watch previous season, I think Shibuya can easily beat the queens except vs Gekikara.

but I agree, they lacked presentation to show more of their abilities or how strong they are. it's which make me think some of queen just yankee who want challenge Sakura. same as Kamisori/Zombie. and I just disappointed with Bakamono, she has good endurance but in the fight scene not show it. I think Ueno should make the fight like Acchan vs Gekikara.

3. XTN

XTN Kenkyuusei

Magic used handcuffs????? Was she friend with Sanshou Sisters?????? lol
    Shibuya is the weakest but she had the attitude and confidence which contribute to her queen aura.......or it's only because of Tomochin's mean face.

4. ScandalAgeman

ScandalAgeman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
  5. srking

srking Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I have seen all the episodes so far and let me list a couple of points:

1. The fighting choreography is superior

2. The story follows a much simpler structure of the "monster of the week" thing, which is quite similar to MG1, and I think it's good.

3. The 4 queens don't seem weak, but it's bizarre that Sakura only had to defeat the hotpot grp and the zombie/kamisori combo to reach them. It seems too easy.

4. In terms of powers, I have questions about how Magic's abilities are portrayed. Disregarding the magic tricks, her actual fighting powers are worse than the other 3. And she seems to look down upon her fellow queens as well. No matter how different the previous queens are, they always stood by each other. Another question I have last episode is how weak the yr 1 combo has become. It doesn't make sense because it took Sakura some effort to defeat them, but then they fell easily in Magic's hands.

5. I think all the scenes with Takamina are unnecessary, as much as I love her. The themes she talks about are pretty clear to the audience as the episode progresses without excessive explanations.

All in all I find it pretty cool and the pace of the story is quick in a good way. The only drawback is less of a plot related issue and more of an akb fandom one: the fast pace storyline means that there is no room for middle tier members to appear in the show, similar to the roles that Kabuki sisters, shanshou shimai, gakuran, and choukoku played. I think as an individual story, MG2 went haywire, but I loved it because many members appeared. I rate MG4 very highly and can't wait to see the next episodes!

6. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

That's because they have only 10 episodes instead of 12 in this season.

True, but with her tricks Magic was very strong. Sakura was able to beat Yoga and Bakamono without any help, but against Magic she needed help. If Kamisori&Zombie had arrived 5 seconds later, Sakura would have lost. (Also Acchan would have lost against Gekikara without help, so this was nothing new.)

I actually like Takamina's character, with whom Sakura can have deeper conversations than with anybody else at the moment. She helps Sakura's character to grow, which is necessary for the drama. Also the theme of the episode (like "running away means you have truly lost") is often introduced or emphasized in these conversations. Later on Sakura could be having these deeper conversations also with Salt or Otabe, but currently that is not possible, because they are not on the same side yet.

7. srking

srking Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    All valid pts, jeijei, except I'd like to add to the first response. I don't think the number of episodes or length of a movie should be used as an excuse to cramp an unconvincinh storyline. Perhaps with an absense of a rival school, they could have developed a better transfer student fighting her way to the top storyline. Alternatively, they could have started the story with Sakuratan as someone already quite reputable, kind of like how nezumi/center were at the beginning of MG2 so they can fit in Yakakune in the story. In a way they now chose to combine the MG1 and 2 plots in one season. The good side is that the plot is fast paced. The bad side is you get peopel above questioning Sakura and thr Queens' powers. For me, it seems quite unconvincing that the whole school is so weak that she can just go and taiman the top without other challengers.

But come to think of it, this is pretty much the reality of AKB48 (the band, not the whole 48 group) now, which is quite eerie.

8. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    There aren't much Majisuka 2's aspect in the current storyline. Even in Majisuka 1 there was fight with Yabakune, though it didn't focus solely on that part. So far, we've not been presented with a real rivality between two schools or two side of yankee fighting each other yet. Only a very few seconds of Hinabe and Salt kicking some Gekioko's underlings were shown. There might be more in the next episode since the duo came from Gekioko. But I think it would fit more if you addressed the problem to screentime portion. Since in every episode except episode 1, every single main cast got their own portion, even if it's just a 50 seconds screentime. Yes, everyone. Aside from the two main characters (Sakura & Salt), since episode 1 until 5 we've been shown with much dialogues between Yoga, Bakamono, Otabe, and Magic in the Rappappa room. There are also Hinabe, KamisoriZombie, Minami. Then in Gekioko too. It's like in every episode they are trying to fit everyone even if their line seems to not really necessary. It's not something that I personally complaint, but it does affect the story by leaving less detail to the actual plot. However I actually feel like they're trying to portray us environment details of the school life. So we got to know not only about Sakura but also what happened around her, like showing how Rappappa is actually not that united like explained, showing how Hinabe as a team actually interract with each other, and a rival school that is not only a cameo.

This actually could be balanced if there are more episodes to fill the gap. But unfortunately, we don't have that much.

9. dcille

dcille Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Saw this pic in the internet and got hyped in seeing Otabe sitting on the President's Chair. [hehe] Although the president's seat is no longer that big a deal in MG 4. Plus I'm also loosing hope that MG 4's story line will be decisive with just 5 episodes. I really like to read the call outs in this magazine but sadly I can't read japanese haha. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Can't wait until the next episode, this and Hyakkaten. :)
    Would be nice if Team Hinabe and KamiZombie could get back into winning some scraps. Especially KamiZombie, who were pretty tough to begin with, but lacked purpose; now they have purpose and should be better for it, yet seemed to have lost some of their bite.

The big text says 最強軍団ラッパッパ四天王 (saikyou gundan rappappa shitennou). The rest is a bit small so I can only see bits and pieces.

11. Kairi65

Kairi65 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayui01
    ^
    ^
    too bad the pics were not combined. :^^;: would love to use it as my new wallpaper...:cute:

12. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

I (once again) got an idea for a PC game, this time about Majisuka Gakuen 4. The first game mode would have no plot, only battles. Player would start with only Sakura, but by defeating for example Team Hinabe or Kamisori&Zombie, they would join player's team and could be then used in upcoming battles. However, every character (or group) would have cooldown period, during which they couldn't be used in battles. For example's Sakura's cooldown would be 2 battles, so Sakura could be used only in every third battle. Possible characters or groups that could be unlocked for player to use after certain battles:
    • - Sakura, cooldown 2 battles
    • - Team Hinabe (+Wota after a certain battle), cooldown 1 battle
    • - Kamizori&Zombie, cooldown 2 battles
    • - KY (healer), cooldown 2 battles
    • - Magic, cooldown 2 battles

Player can select in which order the battles are fought and which characters are used in which. However, there are some restrictions. For example you can't challenge the queens before you have won certain battles and you can't challenge Salt before you have beaten all the queens etc.

The battle system would be turn-based like in my MajisukaFightSim ( https://sites.google.com/site/majisukafightsim/ ). However, in this game battles are fought in "board" of 8x8 tiles/squares. The game can already draw the board to screen, but nothing else. :)

[​IMG]

So, in order to attack an opponent, a melee character has to move to an adjacent tile first. Some characters might also have ranged attacks, which can be performed from anywhere (for example one Team Hinabe member could throw books and Bakamono barrels). The blue dots in the image are supposed to be indicating in which direction the character is facing. In this case Magic and Sakura are facing each other, Zombie is on the side of Magic and Kamizori is behind Magic. In this position Magic would use 100% of her dodge skill against Sakura, 50% against Zombie and only 25% against Kamizori who attacks from behind.

Every character would have a certain number of actions points (AP). Basically the faster the character, the more AP she has. Basic skills, that everybody has would be:
    • Move (to adjacent square), 25 AP
    • Attack, 35 AP
    • Counter Attack, 35 AP, ends characters turn (increased dodge and after successful dodge will counter attack the opponent)
    • Defence, 35 AP, ends characters turn (increased dodge and defence, receives also some HP if not attacked).
    So, if Sakura has, let's say 75 AP, she could move 3 times or attack twice or move once and attack once.

Some characters would also have special skills, for example:
    • Yoga: Meditate, cooldown 1 turn (same as counter attack, but more effective)
    • Sakura: Maji, passive skill (all Majisuka Gakuen members in party get +10% for all attributes).
    • Sakura: Upper cut, cooldown 3 turns (attack with 300% attack power, but easier for opponent to dodge, may stun the target.)
    • Sakura: Heavy punch, cooldown 3 turns (attack with 200% attack power).
    • KY: Irritate, cooldown 2 turns (all opponents on board start targeting KY).
    • KY: Heal, cooldown 1 turn (heals herself or an ally in adjacent tile for some HP).
    • Magic: Spin kick, cooldown 3 turns (attack with 200% attack power).
    • Magic: High kick, cooldown 3 turns (attack with 175% attack power).
    • Magic: Whirlwind, cooldown 3 turns (area effect, attacks every opponent in adjacent tiles with 75% attack power).
    • Bakamono: Berserk, passive skill (every time Bakamono takes hit, there is increasing chance that her "switch" is activated, giving +50% attack power, +25% action points, -25% defense and -25% dodge.
    • Bakamono: Throw barrel, available only in Berserk mode, cooldown 4 turns (ranged attack with 200% attack power).
    • Bakamono: Charge, available only in Berserk mode, cooldown 3 turns (attack with 250% attack power, may stun the target).
    Don't know, if this is any good idea or if I ever finish this, but I posted it here anyway... :)

EDIT:
    One more skill:
    • Zombie: Zombie, passive skill (when Zombie's HP gets to 0, she has chance to revive and get back some HP. If she is in player's team, there is a reaction check to determine what happens).
    Also Kamizori would have that scratching skill, but I don't know yet what to call it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  13. Lalatz

Lalatz Kenkyuusei

^kamisori skill..
    Nails blade..?
    Slashing finger..?
    Quick nails slash..?

Or

The hand slinging slasher??
    Haha :^O^:

14. LightFury

LightFury Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    so is this fighting sim for 1 player vs AI ? or 2 players games?

15. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Kamisori/Zombie just help to encourage Sakura, they still easily beaten by Magic. I think it's just different how Sakura get passion to win, when she fight vs Kamisori/Zombie, she get passion to win because they destroy her food??? lol. and this EP/vs Magic, Kamisori/Zombie help Sakura to unleash her hidden power lol.

16. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    [​IMG]

Team Hinabe Special Interview
    ENTAME March Issue - January 30th, 2015

Takahashi -> Takahashi Juri
    Kato -> Kato Rena
    Uchiyama -> Uchiyama Natsuki
    Oshima -> Oshima Ryoka
    Mukaichi -> Mukaichi Mion

Special Interview 2
    Team Hinabe

――How do you feel that your name got a role in Majisuka Gakuen 4?
    Takahashi:
    Because I really love acting, so I was very happy about it。
    Uchiyama: I was actually more frightened than happy。
    Being selected might bring me experience, although that I was really nervous, but I am now like "this is my chance to grab this"。

――What do you think when you heard the character name?
    Kato:
    When I heard 「Dodobusu」, I was puzzled and be like 「Whaaat ?」,
    but after knowing the double "do" on the front gives reversed meaning, I was relieved。
    Takahashi: It means pretty you know!
    Kato: In that case, it's acceptable hahaha
    Takahashi: At first, to think that I have to say the name 「Uonome」, made me feel embarassed。However, when someone said that 「It's related to fish」, I know that it was originally meant 「Like a dead fish eye!」 so I kind of accept it haha

(( Translator Note: Uonome in kanji can also be translated as "Corn", however in this case Uonome is read as Uo-no-me, which means fish eyes ))

Uchiyama: 「Kenpou ((in english means Consitution))」 is the character name I got、
    I guess it's a gift for me to be able to recite the constitution。

Oshima: At first I was confused because I have said 「There is no more KSGK」 to all fans in the last year Janken Tournament、but since it's already a famously known nickname among fans, and could be easily remember, so I felt really good with it。

Mukaichi: Because I was young and only 15 years old when I started the stage, hence I was called 「Jisedai ((in english means Next Generation))」, fans often greet me with 「Jisedai Ace ((Next Generation Ace))」 and I returned with 「I am really looking forward to be the next generation ace you know」, I feel very happy with it。

――Was there any difficulty at acting?
    Oshima
    : It's very difficult to say violent things in loud voice。
    Uchiyama: Although I have the costume and hairstyle but 「I didn't look like a yankee」 was my problem, so I tried to use Kudou Shizuka-san as my style。
    Mukaichi: Since we five played a scene together, we have to really pay attention of others' line, and then respond, my head was about to explode because of it hahaha
    Kato: Because I am not good with using low voice, so I practiced it with my mother。

――Dodobusu is able to 「 become stronger when she gets ugly」, did you really become ugly then?
    Kato:
    Eeeh, how was it? (Looking at Takahashi)
    Takahashi: You are cute though 。
    But at the scene your face hurt, the director was like 「Seee!」and became 「Get her more ugly!」 hahaha

――Takahashi-san when you act to become Uonome, you've built some good figure。
    Takahashi:
    When I did it I feel like I was really bad, but then it turned out to be really good in the video haha

――Is there any reference you got from Team Hormone of 1st series, and Team Fondue of 2nd series?
    Everyone:
    A lot!
    Mukaichi: I've watched 「Majisuka Gakuen」 in the past, since Team Hormone and Team Fondue were very good in synchronizing their dialogue tempo, the acting becomes so interesting, therefore I think that I also want to do my best so I can exceed the two teams。

――Have you ever eaten Hinabe ((hot pot))?
    Takahashi:
    I've never eaten it。
    I've always told that 「You should eat hot pot before the shooting begin」, but I just don't know where to go for hot pot restaurant。

――So you had to eat hot pot during the shooting、is it tasty?
    Everyone:
    Very delicious!
    Kato: I can feel all the staff's love.
    Takahashi: I already told that 「Please don't eat it yet」but then it has been eaten already。Nakkii eat them all haha

――Even when it's not at the shooting, you five seems to be in really good relationship。
    Oshima:
    Nakki is actually not that boring HAHAHAHA
    Takahashi: Because sometimes we drop the chopsticks at the pot during shooting, or even spoke wrong lines hahaha
    Uchiyama: Ryoka's impersonation is so funny。
    Takahashi: The shooting start at 7 AM morning, there was a time where we all laugh when Ryoka was impersonating Animal Hamaguchi-san。Everyone laughed non-stop hahaha

――Do you ever have any 「I don't want to lose to this member!」 feeling?
    Oshima:
    I don't want to lose my character to the other 3 Gekioko school girls like Tsurishi (Suda Akari)、KY (Tani Marika)、Zakoboss (Matsumura Kaori)。
    Takahashi: Although how many times we lost, but we still need to make the audience loves Team Hinabe。Therefore、I definitely 「don't want to lose」to anyone!

――Is there any impression that 「Majisuka Gakuen 4」 has left on you?
    Takahashi:
    Of course there is~!
    Since I played various things, there are a lot of memorable facial expression during my improvisation。Make sure to pay attention to them, okay!?

17. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

1 player vs. AI.

Nails blade sounds cool. :)

18. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

By God... Daruma.

19. ScandalAgeman

ScandalAgeman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    lets watch :^^;:

I will wait eng sub to comment about the episode.

my last custom card I made.

[​IMG]

20. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    whoa, finally a 'teamwork' huh? :D Another good fight. For the first time I smiled at the ending hahaha. Didn't expect Daruma to be a mother (is there a real baby in the cart?), but her trademark 'Wing of Victory' is still there, which is good. [hehe]

Otabe! Finally last Shitenou for the next one. That headbutt tho...brutal.

Lots of conversations. I need the subs ASAP :p