48G Songs That Do Not Match the Lyrics

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by junjou19, Jan 26, 2015.

1. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Game time! Find 48G songs whose lyrics do not match at all either the dance or the song itself, in other words, that make you go "THAT'S what this song means??? WTF?"

For example:
    100nen Saki demo-with the electronic sound and epic, dark dance moves, who would've thought it'd be a sweet love song?

Koko ni Datte Tenshi wa Iru-it sounds so happy and cheerful, and then turns out it's on the same mood level as 10Krone to Pan.

2. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I think "Only today" is a classic example.

Such an upbeat-sounding song with sad lyrics!

3. sweetygirl1994

sweetygirl1994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Saka agari would also be good I think. The music is also quite upbeat but the lyrics on the other hand are sad.

4. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

Dakishimecha ikenai, another classic

5. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

SKE48's Zakuro no mi wa yuutsu ga nantsubu tsumatte iru? (Sansei Kawaii c/w) aka THE SEED-SPITTING SONG.

Love the song, love the PV, but the lyrics are so insipid they make me grateful I'm not fluent in Japanese, because I can continue to enjoy the song without cringing.

And my beloved Darkness! It may be a 'cool', dance-heavy song with a solid beat, but it's very aptly named, as the lyrics are very...wistful? Melancholic? Just dark.

6. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
  7. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Rider.

8. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    I think @jeauexe wrote a great post in her tumblr about songs like this. I couldn't get a link though, sorry!

For me, it's Sunglass to uchiakebanashi (NMB KKS - Kamonegix coupling), Gomen, ne Summer (SKE 3rd single) and Suzukake Nanchara.

And if I remember correctly, Everyday Kachuusha is about a boy who is friendzoned eternally.

9. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    ^ Yeah I did do this actually! In fact the above playlist which @sdn48oshi linked is actually mine :3 I'm a huge fan of happy sounding songs with bittersweet/sad lyrics. Out of the songs I compiled, I'm quite partial to Sobakasu no Kiss, Boku ga Maketa Natsu and Futari nori no Jitensha.

Here's the original tumblr post with excerpts of the lyrics translated if anyone's interested haha.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  10. Kyouka

Kyouka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okitaaayaka
    The most recent example I can think of is Boku ga Iru Basho by Nogizaka46 from their first album, Toumei na Iro. It has very upbeat melody and energetic choreography for a song that is actually about a dying person adressing their lover.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Two excerpts from the lyrics (the translation may be a faulty, as my Japanese isn't very good, but it conveys the meaning):

I'm thinking about you in the day of my death
    Even though I wanted to be with you forever
    The day of parting is coming

You will surely cry
    In the reality without me
    No matter how much you'll cry
    The tears won't stop

I'll be looking at you from up in the sky
    So, so sad and frustrated
    But no matter what, my screaming voice won't reach you
    An invisible existence trying to comfort you

(...)

I'm sorry for leaving you behind
    It's the only thing that worries me
    So please, smile softly for me
    I want to be forgiven

Maybe if I am reborn (for sure)
    I want to meet you again (God, please)
    But since I will look like a baby to you
    Will you realize?
    Will you know it's me?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  11. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Gingham check! IMHO the lyrics do not match the uptempo music, choreography, and especially the crazy PV! lol

It is a BEAUTIFUL song when sung slower and have lighter instrumentation than the original. Here's proof:

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I guess the list of the songs that don't match the lyrics would be quite long...and the list of PVs that doesn't match the song or the lyrics would be quite long too (for example Bingo!, a song about a romance ... and a PV about slave traders... [hehe])

13. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Those lyrics.make me want to cry...too bad the song itself wasn't very memorable sounding. My heart is breaking just a little bit reading the lyrics though.

14. shirocha

shirocha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae, Kinoshita Momoka
    Twitter:
    soonyoungi_
    I'd say Namida no See-saw Game maybe? It's a more upbeat song but when you read the lyrics they appear quite sad.
    Also maybe Jessica wa Door wo Knock shinai?

15. Shinchan

Shinchan Kenkyuusei

Would you mind explaining what the lyrics for Zakuro no mi wa yuutsu ga nantsubu tsumatte iru? actually mean? I heard that song from Request Hours, liked it from the first melody, went to read up the lyrics and didn't quite get the message from it.

16. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

Kibouteki Refrain. It would be more happy if the lyrics wasn't about unrequited love. I would like it to be something like: "Finally I found you, blah blah blah,...", or about someone madly in love like Heavy Rotation!

17. shinigami

shinigami Kenkyuusei

Futari nori no jitensha, a cheerful song with energetic dance, tells you about being friendzoned by your classmate
    dance like nothing happen as they show you their warm smile :/

18. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    If it wasn't upbeat it wouldn't be a Yuko song!!!

At first I thought kinjirareta futari was about unrequited love, but it turn out to be a song about 2 horny girls that wanna have sex in the lake

19. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    nakinagara hohoende is not an upbeat song but it is a trademark song for yuko. whoever won the 4th sousenkyo will get that gingham check.

20. mincl17

mincl17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Itoshisa no Accel (Love Accelerator) - a saber has nothing to do with the song's lyrics

can I also include Flying Get?! I don't really understand the title at all. :^^;: