5th Gen Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by halcyon, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Yeah. Their MUSIC BLOOD performances were good. Definitely see the confidence growing in them. They'll be great members in no time.

As for their meguri rankings and popularity, I think it's pretty fixed in the pecking order. I think Okamoto has a chance, but it will take a miracle for Iroha to get out of the basement. At least, she's got some backers in management.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Aya and Nagi were special

• Like Like x 2
  3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    That's like one of the best Kikkake performance with live singing. All the girls sing so well... their Star Tanjou experience has shown results.

4. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Just watched a 2 min 50 sec video of 5th gen Kikkake on Youtube. I won't say anything about individual performance for any girl... The end result was an audio experience that was bringing shivers down my spine from beginning to end...

Nogizaka is in very good hands, 4th gen is very strong but the future with these eleven 5th gen looks awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

5ki better , thats fact

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Comment video with Nagi, Satsuki and Iokichan from FLASH Special Gravure BEST:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  7. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Well, I wouldn't say that as easily, although I tend to agree.

However, only time will tell... Of course there is hierarchy and 4th gen is blessed with a certain number of VERY talented girls and amazing beauties. And what's most, these girls received relentless "training" on variety, comedy, singing through all the "satellite" activities of Nogizaka (something that imo is evident in comparison with e.g. 3rd gen), to the point that I was saying that Nogizaka has unearthed a treasure with this gen and that the 4th gen girls will carry the group in their shoulders for the years to come. And then the 4.5gen girls were added to the sum but unfortunately the "inequalities" within the 16 girls had already started to show... Now, 4th gen seems to be a multi-layered group, quite heterogenous, with 1st, 2nd, 3rd and even 4th tier girls.

On the contrary, what makes 5th gen stand out is its amazing homogeneity. Despite the rough start, (and I know this may sound as oxymoron - contradictive - ) management apparently has made a truly GREAT job in selecting girls with top charisma and potential. This has been the case to a certain extend with 4th gen as well (and not at all with 3rd), but with 5th gen they have truly surpassed themselves! It's the first time that I find it really too hard not to feel extremelly attracted to any girl among these 11. So yes, arguably only 2-layers in this group so far! Even those that are "not selling enough" are - for me - true magnets for my eyes, ears and heart...

<I am just hoping and expecting eagerly that the anticipated Sakurazaka 3rd gen will be equally well selected...>

Nogizaka has really raised the standards for what it takes to join this group and this is revealing of the quality of the group. I know some may disagree, especially any who still compares everything with the 1st gen... Indeed, 1st gen had some girls that underlined the very history of the group, however, as far as I'm concerned 1st gen was the least homogenous of all. There were stars of 1st magnitude and also girls that were almost immediately being swept aside only to fade in obscurity...

Something that I don't think will happen for these 11...

• Like Like x 5
  8. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    5ki is an example of the right selection coupled with the right training and promotion. None of these members are fillers, they all possess something that makes their senpai work extra hard not to lose out. All they need is just more confidence and teamwork which mgmt has successfully grown in them through their recent work. Truly a dream generation, I just hope they continue to shine...

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Eww.. some of bitter 3rd gen fans jumping to 5th gen after they know their beloved generation got beaten by 4th gen.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    30th single 5th round meguri result:

1. Inoue Nagi - 24/24 (2nd round sold out)
    2. Sugawara Satsuki - 24/24 (3rd round sold out)

3. Ichinose Miku - 24/24 (4th round sold out)
    4. Ioki Mao - 24/24 (4th round sold out)
    4. Ikeda Teresa - 24/24 (4th round sold out)
    6. Kawasaki Sakura - 24/24 (4th round sold out)
    6. Tomisato Nao - 24/24 (4th round sold out)

8. Ogawa Aya - 15/24 (+3)
    9. Nakanishi Aruno - 10/24 (+1)

10. Okuda Iroha - 0/24
    10. Okamoto Hina - 0/24

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. JpmusicRocks

JpmusicRocks Kenkyuusei

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    According to Himura,
    Around 5 members of 5ki happen to see Himura when he's taking picture while in Hokkaido and they took photo together (Bananamoon Gold 220902).
    Hopefully somehow get to see it

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Excerpted from the 2022/10/08 issue of An An magazine, here's the 5th gen as described by Ioki Mao:
    Inoue Nagi
    Nagi is able to properly survey her surroundings. She’s self-composed, but when everyone’s in high spirits, she can also be lively and shout Yay! She’s a lovely person who’s good at adapting.
    Ichinose Miku
    Miku is an interesting girl who’s taken it upon herself to play the role of livening up the 5th gen. Though she also has another side to her, where she kindly gives advice to comrades and gives them her full support. I’d like her to give me advice too~
    Sugawara Satsuki
    Sacchan got nervous super easily at first. Now she’s overcome that and she can even stand on stage confidently and communicate with senpai… The speed of her growth is amazing!
    Ogawa Aya
    Aya is the youngest but she goes at her own pace. She’s steady and laid-back. But she’s weak to tickles! She’s always being tickled behind the scenes. She’s like the baby of the 5th gen!?
    Tomisato Nao
    Cozy and fluffy. Nao is a sweet girl. But the comedic retorts she sometimes throws out are funny [laughs]. She appears fluffy, but, unexpectedly, she’s calmly observing the members!?
    Okuda Iroha
    Iroha is rea~lly a good girl! She’ll never speak ill of others, and she can also show consideration to those around her. Though when she talks, she’s very funny. For me as well, she’s a girl who’s very fun to be around.
    Nakanishi Aruno
    Aruno—who likes reptiles and has many interests—knows many things that I don’t, so talking to her is interesting. Her singing voice is powerful and delicate… it’s very pleasant, so I want to take my time to listen to it.
    Ikeda Teresa
    At first glance, Teresa looks like an adult and has a mysterious aura, but when I talk to her, she reveals a deep wit* [laughs]. I want her tastes to be shown on a talk show or somewhere she can speak for a long time!
    *スルメのような面白さ = “humor/interestingness that is like [eating] squid,” meaning the more you chew on it, the more flavor comes out.
    Kawasaki Sakura
    Sakura is “the” girl! Though she’s by no means quiet, but rather very funny. She’s older in age, but we can talk like we're classmates. For me, she’s someone I can relax around.
    Okamoto Hina
    Even during normal lessons, Hina—who intensely studied ballet—is a harder worker than anyone else. Actually, she has about the brightest personality among the 5th gen, and she’s an easy laugher who’ll laugh for you no matter what you say.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I have a question about the Meguri sales here. From the AKB thread, I read one of the members encourages fans to buy a particular slot, so she can get SO for that slot. Does it mean even though Iroha and Hina didn't SO, they still have fans attending their Meguri event for each time slot? It is just not fully booked.

15. JpmusicRocks

JpmusicRocks Kenkyuusei

Yes,to simplified thing, let's say

1 slot =meeting 400 people

if only 350 people bid for the slot and successfully got it , the slot will still be 0

If 400 people bid for the slot and got it ,the slot will be sold out ,in that case 1

Hopefully this is correct,from what I read so far

16. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    If what you have in mind are tweets from this account, then all he/she does is tally and chart the soldout slots. The data on how many individual tickets are sold, I believe, is not publicly available (or someone would have used it by now as it's more accurate). So like JpmusicRocks said, say if 100 makes up a particular slot, exactly 100/100 will cause it to be shaded on the chart (SO). So to answer your question - unshaded will mean anywhere from 0/100 to 99/100.
    Someone here who's had M&G experience thru FM has also stated that this '100' seems to fluctuate among members. If this is true, this opens up the possibility that, although highly unlikely, a member with say 10 soldout slots might have actually sold less than a member with 9 or less.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    I think this is true and is reasonable, to prevent gamification of SO slots. Again, assuming that 1 slot = 100 persons, we do know about that HS exemption when it reaches to a certain "number" of SO slots. In this case, a group of wota could always gamify it to 99/100 for all slots so that that member won't graduate from doing HS (or M&G). We would also see a clean, unshaded chart of that member which is actually misleading. And besides, there's always a possibility that out of 100, 1 person will cancel.

But it seems that the major criteria of getting into senbatsu is the SO slots, so a member who has all 99/100 per slot won't be able to enter senbatsu compared to a member who sold out all slots.
    For the past years of being a Nogi fan, the criteria to get into senbatsu still confuses me but I think that's what it is.

• Like Like x 2
  18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Thank you for the explanation @TAMU and @JpmusicRocks . I'm just worried that Iroha and Hina won't have anything to do during Meguri because it feels that non-SO member doesn't have fans.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  19. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I was, ever since I started following the Japanese idol world (mostly through Sakamichi), suspicious about the whole "senbatsu" thingy...

With all exceptions aside (e.g. truly charismatic and all-shining stars), and according to my personal standards, values and cognitive criteria, I am considering senbatsu as a textbook example of lack of meritocracy and a poor showcase of undemocratic and unfair handling of human resources that are all trying hard to perform and deliver... Of course there are girls who just don't try enough (management knows better) and deserve to be kept away from the limelight but that is expected to be a very small minority.

We all know that senbatsu is driven by sales (HS sales) but I still tend to believe that the opposite is valid as well: Senbatsu (the limelight in general, career opportunities like modelling contracts, interviews, front pages in magazines etc) ALSO drive sales... Therefore, some unlucky girls are forever trapped in a vicious circle...

But who am I to know...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    Well this is Nogi, no member has no fans :p
    If you pull up a random blog entry by Iroha during the previous single period, I bet you will see a lot of comments from fans talking about their M&G experiences with her.