Event / Concert 63rd Kouhaku Uta Gassen

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Taker, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I don't know if this is against forum rule because this is not an AKB solo show, if it is feel free to kill this thread,

Since there doesn't seem to be a concentrated thread for this and it is one of Japan's big end of the year event I thought it would better if there is a place for concentrated discussion.

I also find it interesting when SKE is also announced to be a participant.

The order of performance from Kouhaku is out.

SKE will be the second performance (3rd) for the RED team while AKB is now moved to the 2nd half. It's interesting because when the news announced I was wondering if SKE will be like AKB's first appearance, where they ends up as part of AKB's act like AKB was part of a bigger Akihabara act in 07.

SMAP will also be the end act for the 5th time as well.

Order of Acts:
    [​IMG]

http://www1.nhk.or.jp/kouhaku/artists/index.html

The order is also kind of interesting to me,

SKE makes sense because outside of the top members most of SKE members are under 18.

AKB one is interesting because it now seems they'll miss the curfew time of 9 and 10 PM at 28th, so U18 members probably won't make it and those who are looking for 200+ member performance might be disappointed.

2. icehism

icehism Kenkyuusei

Re: [TV]63rd Kouhaku Uta Gassen

second half usually gets better ratings and no u-18 members in akb performance?
    yay

3. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

What's so great about that?

The best part for me of AKB performance in Kouhaku has been their sheer number and the human word. Not sure how they can do that with like 30 people.

Though I guess they can at least use the over-18 members from sister group to make it like 50 people.

Thought being at 28th act, them might get 16-18 members in on time before 10 PM.

Considering that the title of their act is called "AKB Kouhaku 2012 SP - Chapter 2"

4. ujtesting

ujtesting Kenkyuusei

so they call it chapter 2 while few new generation members can perform? [whew]

5. icehism

icehism Kenkyuusei

i like my stages small

Wasn't particularly interested in their ganbare nippon formation last year but it was nice of them to do that for the people there.

6. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

We'll see, Kouhaku is four and half hours event (7:15PM-11:45PM). Being at 28th would put them roughly around 9:30-10:00 so the 16-18 member should make it which would be a good bulk of AKB's next wave that they are pushing now.

@ icehism

We have different taste then.

The way I look is that AKB has always wow you with numbers and complex formation in these type of event. If I wanted to see small stage on events like this, I would rather watch KARA or SNSD instead.

Small intimate stage is more FNS's thing, to me Kouhaku has always been this grant show.

Last year's ganbare nippon formation was great, not only was is for the victims it also plays well with the theme of last year's Kouhaku (which is all about the earthquick/tsunami)

And the red V formation from 2 year ago was pretty nice as well. Incidentally, their other two apearances were no where near as memorable compare to last two IMO.

Having no Kobayashi Sachiko had already put a damper to the show for me this year... :(

7. Thumbster

Thumbster Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    azumarion

Not relate to AKB, but I really wanna see Golden Bomber's performance this year, lol.

8. barilbaril

barilbaril Kenkyuusei

Thanks for letting us know about the time!! I need to ask hubby to take a break from GakiTsuka so I can watch AKB's performance!!

And YES!!!! I ALWAYS look forward to Kobayashi Sachiko (and Kenichi Mikawa, LOL!)... what a disappointment!!

9. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Yeah it's too bad.

But that also goes to show you how image sensitive Japanese entertainment industry is.

I mean who in U.S.would give it a damn when a celebrity fires the CEO of his/her own private agency or terminates the contract with recording label regardless of the situation.

But in Japan those acts deems as a betrayal to both party.

^
    ^
    Golden Bomber should be great, and this could also be the last time Funky Money Baby appear in Kouhaku, and Kitajuma Saburo's enka performance is always nice to hear and another constant of Kouhaku.

10. oddball

oddball Member

Hmm I suppose it's the tricky play off between wanting to get all the members on the stage and getting the recognition of a later spot, a very fine line, still I'm sure it will be a good performance and they can get number from the sister groups too I guess......

11. sillythings

sillythings Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sillythings48

They could always put the younger girls from all 48 groups with SKE. AKB loses the grand factor but hey they got a better timeslot.

12. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

That's what I'm thinking too, have the young members go with SKE's act for their debut and leaves older members with AKB's act...

13. smile__x

smile__x Kenkyuusei

whats?
    I am in a disagreement with putting younger AKB girls with SKE.
    I think it's SKE's chance to shine at kouhaku!!! [clap]
    Of course the large number of girls taking part is what makes it interesting but it's such an accomplishment for AKB to be performing at a later time so I don't think it's a bad thing at all! [party]

14. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

Looks like Disney characters will be joining the stage performance. [hehe]

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0049049

For posterity's sake I'm putting this OriconStyle link about this event: http://www.oricon.co.jp/music/special/page/340/
    It might prove useful in later times.
    Hmm.. just a suggestion maybe we change the label from TV to EVENT since its a one-time show. I just find it hard to categorize this in the TV series part of the forum directory I'm trying to update. Its currently under Concerts and Events with the TV label but I'll change it if the first poster will agree to my suggestion.

15. kashiko

kashiko Kenkyuusei

16. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

^
    That is interesting, so it looks this year they'll attempt high-speed human-words... [shock]

Cloth isn't matter, they already have enough of them I doubt it'll be the same as last year.

I'm more interested on how will they switch costumes from UZA costumes to GC/Manatsu one.

Last year was only do-able because Kaze had a puffy jacket and skirt, but UZA costume are pretty tight and you'd thinking they leave it to the last.

I just edited it, but do what you have to do, I won't mind. The only reason I put TV was because it's on TV, nothing more.... :D

17. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Those are definitely not the costumes they'll use - they always hide them until the actual performance.

18. jell_o_jello

jell_o_jello Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The performance with Disney's will have Arashi, Kanjani 8, Perfume and AKB48.

Makes me wonder if the human word will be part of this collabo since it is aimed for kids, it should air before curfew and U-18 members would be able to join. AKB's 28th slot seems too late for the curfew.Edit: Or it might not be too late, according to Taker's post above. We'll find out soon lol.

19. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

I doubt it.

In past couple years AKB has also being serving as back-dancers or chorus for other acts especially in Kouhaku and FNS. But FNS is more about collaboration so they are in more equal footing.

The Disney thing seems like this years event act, that don't count toward teams.

Similar to last year's Children singer section, or the Anime opening from 2010

20. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg