Age group & occupation of 48 concert-goers

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Torigoya-San, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    What do you think is the age range and most likely occupation of the audience of a 48 concert ? Are they mostly students who are below 20 years of age ? Are there many adults as well ?

Because I am wondering, are there many salarymen or corporate office workers in the crowd as well ? Being a salaryman seems to be a common occupation for males in Japan, but however, they also work long late hours due to the corporate culture there. Thus, do a lot of male fans, after completing school and entering the workforce, still go to their concerts ? Or do they lose interest and focus on other things like their career instead ?

2. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

From watching on TV and blurays, I'd say that students are in the minority. Also, I wouldn't say that salarymen make up a large bunch of concert goers... They're probably working and unable to go.... The hardcore salaryman fans may lie to get out of work and catch a show or two... But they can't do it all the time. From random interviews I've seen on the news, it seems like a lot of concert goers are in their mid thirties or later and are part time workers, self employed, freezers, or unemployed.
    Of course, I've never been to an AKB concert, but I've been outside of Tokyo Dome during a few of their shows. Most of the males going fit my description... Females may have been students or office workers. Younger girls would be with their parents.

3. taiseikawano

taiseikawano Kenkyuusei

It was really weird when I was at a theatre show because I was the only kid there

4. deathstar

deathstar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I've been to both Tokyo Dome concert and a Theatre show, from what I saw at these 2 events, there seems to be quite a good mix of concert goers:

Probably 20-30% female, and 70-80% male.

Generally the female concert goers are younger (probably 35 and below), while the male audiences are of a wider age range (16 - 50).

There were guys and girls in Tshirt and casual outfits, and salary men in their shirt and suitcases.