Event / Concert [AKB48祭り] AKB48 summer Matsuri ( 8/08/14 - 10/08/14 )

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by gocchisama, Aug 10, 2014.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    [​IMG]
    AKB SUMMER FESTIVAL

I've been hesistating to create a thread because the event end today, but since there's so much things interesting going on and i couldn't use janken thread to use it as a sub thread, i decided to start one.

Basically, along with handshake of the week end from labrador retriever single, Fans of AKB48 had the opportunity to attend a typical japanese festival called "matsuri". It involve traditionnal games like hoops throwing, shot riffle or to catch water ballon in a mini pool.

The special thing about it is that you can cross with AKB48 members all along the festival. Small event appeared here and there like a Mayu mini live event, a talk show, signing event, and gravure contest!

Overall, most japanese fans expressed their surprise on how enjoyable the event was, much more underestimated than they would expect. Some comment were "absolutely need to go tomorrow" "i didn't know you could approach members so easily" "the games are so fun!" The word had spread out and Sunday is now super packed compared to friday.

The matsuri took place in makuhari messe. Pictures streaming on Tumblr and Matome reaaally wanted me to go::

Some example of event that happened during AKB summer matsuri :

matchmaking of Janken and their preliminaries

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hoops throwing (feat Yabuki Nako, HKT48) :

[​IMG]

Soccer shoot session (feat Yuasa, AKB management) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Air ballon bending ( feat Kizaki Yuria, AKB48) :

[​IMG]

Ballon fishing in a pool ( Feat Mukaichi Mion, AKB48) :

[​IMG]

2 shot event with AKB staff (lol) :

[​IMG]

rifling (with members i don't recognize sorry) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Play with pets?

[​IMG]
    There's also food stand like piled ice with syrup :inlove: :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some candy floss ( you are served by AKB members!!!) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Pep talk session (feat Akiyoshi Yuka, Tanaka natsumi, HKT48) :

[​IMG]
    Signing events :

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Gravure contest : the battle was fierce!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Karaoke contest ( a special episode of Anta dare have been broadcasted during the event) :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last but not least, Mini live event (Tanamin as DJ, unit showdown, Sayanee solo live) :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I can't help thinking this was a way to force the girls and the fans to be together (literally) and gain trust in each other again.
    And it looks like it worked wonders!

Let's hope they do more of these.

3. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    There's fan meeting at the event too, right? i remember reading it on twitter

4. paman22

paman22 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    just share

today performance on youtube

if the video does not show watch the video here
    src: twitter and credit for uploader

*Labrador, Hebirote(mayu center, yuria position 2), KFC

ENC: Maeshika Jurina center

5. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48
    NMB48 Kinoshita Haruna & Kadowaki Kanako

Btw I think the members for each station rotated throughout the event days. On Day1 Yukarun and Naopon also did Balloon art

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yup!
    tkmn_world has translated some:

--

Fan: I want a single release purely with AKB members *applause from wotas*

TGSK: Understood. I will definitely convey that (to management)

--

Fan: When will the fence at AKB theater be removed & hi-five be resumed?

Yuasa: We can remove it any time. But as long as there is even 1 member who is afraid, we won't. In time, it shall be removed. Initially hi5 was conducted on special days but it became a norm somehow. Uninfluenced by what has happened,we don't plan on resuming it. We plan to deliver a different form of theater performance to everyone.

--

Fan: Any plans to publish a book about AKB costumes up until now?

Shinobu: Not currently but if there is, I'd like it to be in a practical form that fans can reproduce & make use of. Like having the pattern paper attached with it. If there is a good offer, I'm all up for it!

--

Fan: Management always say something & end up not doing it. Like the new stages. Any improvement?

TGSK: If we don't say it we probably can't make it come true. There are things that don't come true even if you say it though. Like my childhood dream of becoming Sazae-san.

--

TGSK: We would like to try to have an AKB ONLY Request Hour. If there is a chance, we'd like to do it. Please look forward to it.

The response about the stages is total BS. :XD:

7. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    This would have been great to attend. It's been a while since I stopped for a festival instead of just passing through.

「Fan: When will the fence at AKB theater be removed & hi-five be resumed?

Yuasa: We can remove it any time. But as long as there is even 1 member who is afraid, we won't. In time, it shall be removed. Initially hi5 was conducted on special days but it became a norm somehow. Uninfluenced by what has happened,we don't plan on resuming it. We plan to deliver a different form of theater performance to everyone.」

Intriguing. Unfortunate about the high fives, but I wonder what they might end up doing instead. If nothing, well, that's okay too.

8. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    As they said, it was a kami event. Too bad I had lots of handshake tickets and wasn't able to enjoy the matsuri much.
    The stage C (the first photo) was also super disorganized. Lines from each booth were so long that it all occupied the center part of the hall. And since there are so many people lining up, it's so hard to go to the stage.

But everything else was pretty awesome. I even spotted members in public.

I took this Nagisa photo when she passed in front of me. She was together with other NMB members (Riichan, Nattsu, Moka)

[​IMG]

9. aspen_552001

aspen_552001 Kenkyuusei

Any photos of Kawaei being present at the event? It'll be good to see her interacting with the public again.

10. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    I don't think she was at the event. She and Annin did not participate in the handshakes also afaik

11. aspen_552001

aspen_552001 Kenkyuusei

Thanks. Hope they are physiologically well enough soon, to interact with the fans again.

12. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    Thanks for creating this thread. @wahoho Nice photo of Nagi-chan! I saw you took it cuz I was there too haha.

I was there for the full 3 days so I will share from what I've experienced.
    On Friday there was 3 stages located at 3 different halls, A, B, C. A stage had 4 different shows including Yukirin Solo live, AKB karaoke, Mayuyu Solo live as well as 4 consecutive solo live (Kojiharu, Sayanee, Sasshi, Takamina). Each of these stages required you to use up a national HS ticket to exchange for a seat ticket. I went to all of them except for Yukirin's so I can't speak for that particular show but the people that attended was much lower than the expected 10k, especially the AKB karaoke. There was so many empty seats they had to rearrange people from the side wings of the stage to the center.

B stage was pretty decently organized while C stage like @wahoho had mentioned was super sloppy. It was right beside the surprise booth (which I will talk about in a bit) which basically created a mass traffic because there's a huge ass line for that particular booth throughout the whole three days.

Now on to the fun stuff!

The booths. As above have mentioned, the booths had members popping out here and there. It wasn't on a daily rotation or a particular time slot. It was really random if you ask me.

I randomly walked up to the Drink selling booth, and BAM. I guess I'm buying drinks from Mocchi. (interesting enough I had HS with her the next day and she even remembered I was with a friend and what drink I bought)

[​IMG]

Also not all the booths have a member there all the time except for the AKB, NMB, SKE, and HKT booths.
    Basically these booths you line up, you trade up one of your HS ticket, you play some kind of a game and if you win/lose you get autographs in some sort of way. I've seen member's signing on cups and stickers. The lines for these booths are so long that you can't line up AFTER you see specific member that you like at these booths because by the time it gets to you, they're long gone. It's a hit or miss. Mine was a huge hit cuz I was first right after a rotation at the NMB booth. It was Yuipon! Basically the rule for me was I had to throw a tiny basketball into the hoop within 3 throws. If i do, I get an autograph of her. The first 2 throw was pretty bad and the fans was telling Yuipon to cheer for me, which she did. Then, tada!

[​IMG]

Autograph GET!

Now the most popular booth throughout the whole day is by far the surprise booth. Basically It came down to more like the autograph booth. Basically early in the morning you line up for hours to exchange your HS ticket into one of these ticket that's designed specifically for the surprise booth. Depending on the number on your ticket you show up at the booth at different times. Inside the booth there's usually 2 girls from each group (AKB, NMB..etc). You go in, write your name on the back of the ticket and the staff will randomly place you behind a curtain and to walk in and find out who will be signing you an autograph. I coincidentally had Tano-chan's, which was interesting because I had 7 HS ticket with that morning just prior to this which she recognized me and gave me the typical Tano "AHHH!" over-reaction.

[​IMG]

Overall I thought this was a really fun event, tiring as hell, but fun as shit. Although I'd wish they would've limited on how many HS ticket you can exchange for the surprise booth. Today there was some fans going ape-shit because they lined up for hours and was unable to receive a surprise booth ticket because they didn't limit the amount a single person could exchange which resulted in some people coming out with stacks of them.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  13. wahoho

wahoho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    @Sakuraism nice bumping into you :lol:
    I wanted to get some autographs but I didn't want to trade my Miru HS tickets
    But when I was free I frequently go to this booth and I would just stare at the people playing the tiny basketball :lol:
    Couldn't get decent photos of members also since fans are lining up in front of me and members were far.

14. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Iwata Karen was selling popcorn
    [​IMG]

15. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    @wahoho haha, i wouldn't have traded my mirurun's tickets either =x lol. Instead I traded off some of Riichan's. SORRY RIICHAN :(
    I know what you mean, I was watching the NMB booth awful a lot of times so today I was just like it..screw it! I'mma go in and win this thing lol.
    Yeah i gave up taking the photos of the girl through millions of fans, you don't get nice ones anyways so I just left it to chance.

16. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    A friend of mine managed to make it to all 4 solo cons there were~ All of them were flipping amazing, he says, he has yet to give me his private video of Yukirin's Ibiza Girl Solo (._.) (Dude pls)

17. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    The drafties did a mini live at this this morning; they've all been posting about it on Google+. I'm glad they are getting the opportunity to perform at things like this. It sounds like a really fun event!

18. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
  19. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    you don't use an HS ticket to see a member making candyfloss, right?

I wanted to know if the baitoru event also needed a HS ticket, like the mini live

If you hadn't HS ticket, did you have a way to buy ticket and play with the members to get an autograph?

20. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    @gocchisama The Baitoru Live, I don't think so~ Neither the food stalls~