Audition AKB48 16th Generation Auditions Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    RIP SKE.

Can't wait! :)
    I hope, we get interessting girls and not only the usual idol-types ect.!

2. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Hopefully it's bigger than HKT48's 2nd generation!

EDIT: Can Shigefuji Fuyuka and Hinode Yuka apply?

3. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

They need a big generation around 10-15, just to offset the staff shortage from the graduations

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Well, the SKE audition has already started taking in applications. So they're only slightly overlapping.

Plus, there must be some girls who'd rather be in SKE than AKB (Azumarion says hiiiii), but it still irks me a bit. Looks a bit unprofessional.

Ohwell, we won't see these girls until... January 2017 the soonest lol

I don't know if I want a big gen now (and have no more auditions until 2018) or have a small one with another one coming next year or something.

I miss the days where we'd have a new gen every 6 months lol

5. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    ...which lead to a ton of girls getting shafted for not ranking or being profitable enough in the eyes of the management and then graduating after feeling like they're stuck in place, with there being no salvation since management kept only pushing the Next New Thing and ignoring the talents they already had. :hmm:

Quantity and quality and all that.

I'm crossing my fingers we don't get another flood of "cute but that's all they've got" girls. AKB's starved for variety girls and singing talent, they've already got gravure models and fashion models left and right. They don't need to look for "the next Maeda Atsuko", they need more Yuukos, Miichans, Mariko-samas and the like - personalities and leaders. :flower:

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Really?
    I remember it more as management barely looking past Acchan until 2012, so... the next new thing was not a thing until the Paruru push, imo.

Still, I think a big gen is so needed right now.
    Up until 2013 not a year passed by without new members, and then... two crappy drafts that solved nothing.

I agree on the personality being important.
    No more blank girls ala Naanya and more Tani/Noepiis plz.

Also, kinda want them to be young ones (16 tops). It's gonna take them years to reach senbatsu level.
    I don't want them to get tired/bored before then.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  7. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I wish this new gen have many different unique character or personality and also talent

8. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    Interesting, I think it's about time to bring on the new fresh gen since some teams are really understaffed.
    I hope they'll accept around 16 girls this time (10-12 if they're decided to continue draft kaigi next year) and revive KKS Stages

PS:
    Personally wants some ex draft kaigi auditioneers like Nomura Miyu and Matsui Rina to join the audition

9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Because they're not all ready. I love Chiba Erii but she's still stiff as hell in performance and blanks out in MCs. Of the other draft members I think Nomura and Kira are just about ready but the others still have to improve their stage presence and performance.

Most SKE members are from Nagoya and the surrounding area so what AKB does is not going to affect that.

10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Finally!!! I started to wonder if they will ever have a new gen LOL. AKB really needs it since the teams can't even perform in the theater anymore (not enough members) so they really need new members. I think 16th gen should be like 15th gen and have around 12 members, it would be good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

YES!!!!!! :1st::1st::1st:
    Its about damn time this happens! I've never liked the stupid draft, a new gen is sooo much better than that!

I also hope they only choose younger ones, so by the time they start getting pretty popular (~3-5 years after entering) they would only be ~20 years old, and still have a good few years left in AKB. I'm hoping for anywhere between 8-12 members.

And yea, this won't really affect SKE at all, they will still get thousands of applications from girls in their area.

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Now that I think about it, it would be great if they choose 12+ members. Some of the current KKS (from 2nd draft) aren't ready to get promoted. If they add 12+ KKS for 16th gen, then they could have a "team KKS" again and make them perform more often all together until they get better and improve. They could pick a center from 16th gen if they find someone really good, this would be interesting! I'm looking forward to it, I like the KKS/gen system much much more than draft.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nattan

Nattan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Personally I don't Think AKB need more members, since they fail to promote older generations,
    That leads to great and talent members graduate.

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

So basically the draft is useless, right? lol

That's why the kks system is better.
    What's the point of having the girls choose members when it's basically the same as management doing it?
    Plus, I think it's better for the girls to get in with a group of peers.

15. Kafkaesque

Kafkaesque Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    owadanana
    Twitter:
    KafkaesqueDDMC
    For me, I think the management never failed in promoting the older generation or even the younger generations. Honestly, I always viewed the 48G as one, really big academy for grooming your average teenage girls into the world of showbiz. We need to remind ourselves how the franchise originally started. Under the concept of theatre based, idols you can meet, they will always need more members to be split into teams that can be rotate for the theatre performances and performing elsewhere and thus effectively reducing the members workload.

The management has given the girls so many exposure and chances to make themselves be more appealing to the public. It all depends on the girls themselves whether they can steal the limelight or not. Those who can, not only they have gained the attention from the public, they also will be prioritized to be the face of the group, which can really helps them further in gaining more popularity. Yes, there are so many talented members, in the past and the present. However most of them are lacks in self confidence thus never make it to the top of the 48G stardom.

Beside the age factor, there is also the public reception factors that determines how well and how far the girls can go in the showbiz.

It's very cruel to be living in the idols world and I believe they all know it very well, more than we do.

p/s: sorry for being off-topic...

16. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

No, it's just members develop at different speeds from each other.

17. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I don't think the draft was useless...well, it wasn't for NMB lol :whistle:

I'm so glad we're finally getting a 16th gen, it's been so long!! I hope we have a lot of girls, but not too many, more often than not, they put the focus on one particular girl and move along when it doesn't work out, and all the other girls just get pushed into no mans land (the theater) forever. I think a gen with no more than 12 people would be ideal.

18. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Paruru made the 1st and 2nd draft conference fun to watch by winning those lotto pick ...otherwise, i probably wouldnt remember these draftee event

glad they are recruiting for 16th gen :)

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Exactly. So nothing different from the usual system.

Had it been like it was presented at the start (girls ready to fill in the gaps in the teams and join right away), great. But we get 1 or 2 new girls per team that are just as bad as your usual kks and takes just as long to be promoted. What's the point?

20. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Working in a team of KKS certainly did wonders to help nurture girls like Kojimako, Miion or Naachan. As a result of working in stages on a regular basis from early on, they became more noticeable for both fellow members and fans AND stronger contendants for Senbatsu (and in Miion's case, she even got a center position in a relatively short time span). Really, you don't need to promote all the KKS at once like it happened with these girls, but the amount of girls who drop out as KKS does seem to decrease (or completely disappear like with the last two gens) when they get their own stage revivals.