Generation AKB48 17th Generation

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mana, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

it's been a while now that Team 8 doesn't have 47 members and I'm not sure if they'll ever go back to that... with the Toyota collab ending, maybe they won't keep the concept anymore? Right now, Team 8 has 32 members. if they don't do an audition sometime in 2022 for the missing prefectures then it probably means they're not going back to 47...

Btw a good reference for the amount of AKB members and who's still in the group: http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/AKB48_Members (it's updated and correct ^^)

This is random, but a few months ago, I actually rewatched AKB 1ji 59fun! and AKB 0ji 59fun!, and they talked about the amount of members and their ages at that time. The group had around 50 members (with an average age that was low, something like 16? I can't remember clearly but yes). and at that time, it was a little before AKB made it really big and they were having quite a lot of activities for the group and the girls (they announced it at the end of each episode, like which member would have a photobook or had a drama etc.). Back then AKB was on a rise but not big yet so the members weren't "known", now AKB is in a different situation since they're past their peak, but the new members are not "known" just like back then and I think it would be good if they could be in a similar situation. Around 50 members, lower average age, and management investing better in the promotion/activities of each girl.

But yeah idk if management is going to try... for a start they should try having at least 3 singles by year, even if it's with just 2 b-sides like their early days, at least it would be 3 a-sides and MVs and promotions. and then, like we said before, promote on social medias and create shows on internet that look good and are fun etc. I know they won't be like before, because now there are so many sister groups and 'rival' groups and the attention of Aki-P (and everyone else) is more divided and favor others. But I hope they'll try with AKB, not to make them 'the' top group (times have changed and it's normal to lose that position after years at the top), but just so they can keep enough popularity and relevancy, and maybe have a new peak.

• Like Like x 1
  2. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

48 members (3 teams, 16 members per team) + maybe 4 as kenkyuusei team? (I thought about this a while ago and now NMB actually formed one XD)
    Giving them NEW stages is so important, as well as team songs on singles. 3 singles per year needs to be the max, they should be well thought instead of just as much as possible. (Good story, lyrics, music, costumes, locations, choreography) And personally, at least for the beginning period, I would avoid releasing toooo many editions if there's barely any content. I mean why had NeMe HaMo 3x R, 3x LE and a TE for just 6 songs and 3 MVs? Unnecessary.
    (The song name is just a quick example ^^)
    CD Type A | B:
    01- Eien no Hana
    02- Generell c/w
    03- Team A | Team K
    04- Team B | Team 4
    05-06- off-vocals

Blu-Ray Type A | B:
    01- Eien no Hana MV
    02- Generell c/w MV
    03- Team A MV | Team K MV
    04- Team B MV | Team 4 MV
    05-XX either PVs or/and short movies that helps promote the members / could also be backstage documentaries

Type A and B also available as limited editions, but with differing PVs (you can't put 24 PVs on one disc, that's overload ^^)
    The Theater Edition could contain all songs but with different members? Sorry I'm not a fan of this edition in generell so I tried to make it interesting for me :D
    ^Still five editions, but filled with lots of content to enjoy.
    Further I wish that AKB would invest in a new TV show (and I mean NEW, don't come at me with AKBingo Neo V2-Japans newest Sh!t blabla) + creating one for YouTube. Using YT as a streaming platform is the easiest way to reach people around the world, and they can give their idols more opportunities to show themselves.
    I hope Management will stop doing half-thought stuff, their idols can do better than mostly showrooms.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I think the safer solution would be to fire all the unnecessary girls from Team A, K, B, 4 and keep only eitos, they are so entertaining :D.
    Also Keep Yukirin as Kagoshima representative, which means Japan must create an extra prefecture.
    Then recruit as soon as 1 girl leaves, it may require more logistic, but that would get rid off the disparities between each generation, and fix the "too many girls" Vs "not enough girls" debate. 48 all the time, perfect right ? :awesome:

Well, it looks like you are missing on what comes with the CDs, or I should say the real content isn't exactly music, fancy costumes and nice choregraphies.

As for your exemple of content, while I can understand some voice wanting Blu-rays rather than the outdated DVDs...., well even Blu-rays are outdated in our times of streaming. The production might not see enough advantages in spending on Blu-rays manufacturing and licensing if there's little to gain from it. And I don't think most wotas would waste their time in inserting a disc in whatever that can read it when in just 1 click they can have the same video content. Providing the said video content interest them more than the discs that come with the precious irreplacable handshake ticket. (yeah, HS tix come with disc, not the other way around).
    Now you can choose the blue pill.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Sorry I should have clarified that my example is about the disc content only. I would include member photos and tickets (for various things) as well! These tickets are money, and wanting to do big stuff without the right income is.. difficult.
    About DVD or Blu-Ray- I remember that when checking how releases of other artists are handled (I don't remember if it was specifically King Records), I saw that some had a "Media Card" which allows the buyer to download the products content (for example you could download the Type As content). How about AKB would include these additionally to the DVDs? (let's be honest some download the content anyway illegally)

5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    If anything, FlowingColors' proposal acknowledges that better than NmHmR did, because it doesn't attempt to pad the DVD sales with as many extra versions (because those sales are an irrelevant fraction of the whole regardless).

Actually, though, it would be better to go all the way, and release a single version (or at least, 1 LE, 1 RE, and 1 theater ed.) with everything on it, especially if they can't afford to film enough MVs to justify the multiplicity of versions (not that it did in the first place, those MVs didn't come close to filling the discs even during their heyday).

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

AKB's official channel uploaded a video about the 17th gen auditions! This is a good video! it shows moments of the current AKB and also some of the members at their audition (Yukirin, Yuiri, Naachan, Miion, Zukkii). There are still 2 weeks for the applications for 17th gen. and it seems that their slogan for this audition is "You are greater than you think". <3

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 6
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Folllwing Satoppi's graduation anouncement, an expected future front liner who leaves too soon. It might urge the management to make some wise choices in their recruitment, but also put quite some pressure on the girls who will make it.
    Some might be pushed a lot very soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

I'm quite sure this will be a BIG generation like 16th generation. They will recruit 40 tentative kenkyuseis and 20 girls will debut.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I hope not, that's the last thing they need. Even with this graduation rush they still have too many members.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    AKB already have the best players, what they need is a better manager.

Rei and Satone left? Oden, Manaka, Naamin, Nagi, Gyoten, Pyon, Nanase, Ayane, Remi, Hiyuka, Ran, Maho, Otake, Sena, Hatsuka, Fujizono, Mashiro and so on, even Seichan. Give them a chance instead of wanting new toys all the time for fuck's sake!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Please stop...

12. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Why would I?

13. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Couldn't agree more. I mean I know AKB needs something new and fresh but a big generation like 16th, no I don't think so. AKB has too many members now for an outdated music group. They aren't the one can held a concert with 30-40,000 participants anymore to have 100 members, AKB48 now I don't know if they can sold out a concert in an arena or not so why don't they need that many members.
    The problem with AKB48 now is most of the girl barely have chances to shine. The circulation is they hired a new gen with 10-20 girls choosing 1 or maybe 2 as the ACE and pushed them to the best of their ability and then she would successfully handle the pressure and becoming upcoming center or be exhausted and graduate. Other girls have to try their best to prove that they deserve a push and staff will notice them if they lucky enough. After years and years and years when they finally reach to the good amount of popularity, a new generation came and they will be seen as old and inconsiderable for a push anymore.
    16th generation started with 19 members after 5 years there are 11 left. Only one becomes senbatsu member (and center), some become permanent UG and half of them just Theater girls. They've got lots of beautiful and talent girl but why don't they give a chance to 10 other girls to shine? Naamin's beauty, Manaka's stable performance, Kanabun's dance,... tons of potential.
    Hope that before the new glory push for new gen started, Oden, Nagi, Manaka, Naamin and Maho can be chosen in senbatsu, they deserve that please don't sleep on them any more.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Hopefully, since the AKS split, AKB48 only senbatsu becomes the norm, hence giving more chance to shine to it's own girls.
    16th gen is one of the many who suffered from the permanent inclusion of sister groups members.

15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    You know, when someone says something like "AKB has plenty of good girls that just need more opportunities" and those posts get disagrees or, even worse, dislikes I would really love to know what the fuck is going on on your mind. Speak. Justify it. Otherwise I will think you consider the current members to be shit or that to promote them is bad practice. This is a forum, not a rating dumpster.

• Winner Winner x 7
  16. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    if you haven't made it in 7 years you ain't ever gonna make it... no one becomes a fan of an idol heading into her 8th year... new things are exciting and everyone is gonna move to 17th gen...

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I hope it's not a big gen please :/ I agree that management should work on promoting the current members better, but at the same time it doesn't feel right that a group with generation system stays so many years without new generations, I think the problem is that the last gens that they added (16th, Draft 3rd) were too big. I don't think it's good for the members (too much competition and less chances to stand out) or for management (they're not good at promoting the girls). I think they should have new generations every now and then, but keep it little so they can focus better on every girl. Anyway yes they should also promote the girls that are currently here. it's always the same thing, they need more singles and shows.

Btw the 4 free spots in senbatsu will definitely go to current members and not to 17th gen so this isn't a worry. I doubt any 17th gen will get in senbatsu until at least 2023 (and even by then, it might be like 1 new girl who will get a senbatsu push), so everytime someone from senbatsu will graduate this year, it's one of the current members who will get in senbatsu.

But honestly I hope that with this gen, especially if it's a good gen, they don't wait for the 5th-6th year to push them like with Rei and Satopii because by then they already think of their future outside of the group and leave soon :/ They should try to do things right from the start. Maybe they can try doing a trio-push like back then with AnRiRe or the 14th gen trio?

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Maybe they didn't like the members you chose to list (or not list).

Personally I found them funny.

Just like happened with 16th gen... and D3...

19. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    What's so funny about it? They're literally the members who sell more or the young ones with potential.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    dare demo ii