Generation AKB48 18th Generation

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mana, Oct 9, 2022.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Someone on twitter pointed out that Team A will soon be down to 15 members, Team K and B both 12 members and 4 staying strong at 18. If they want to maintain 16nin teams, they need to promote at least 9 members.

Based on the performances so far, I really like Yuichi. She did really well with the intro for NmHmR/Naachan's part. Even if it was pre-recorded (which the theatre usually isn't?), her voice sounds nice. I think Yumemin is super pretty and she'll hopefully stand out easily, being the only one without a fringe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    I really enjoyed all the performances, and the girls seem cute! Definitely talented. Kasumin and Saechan caught my eye the most <3
    The only thing that makes me sad is how the days where AKB would debut "awkward" girls is so clearly over. Both 17ki and 18ki seemed essentially concert ready when first revealed, which is impressive in its own way, but certainly very different from what AKB started out as. Still, I have three oshis in 17ki and I hope I'll find some in 18ki too!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 4
  6. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

i'll keep my 17s, thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    There's a few promising ones but it's always the same thing: why following AKB nowadays if it's the Sakamichi groups who still get the best new gen members?

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

This is truly a golden generation! My TOP 3 for now are Yamaguchi Yui, Arai Sae and Narita Kohina, but I also liked Sako Yumemi. This is only the first impression from the mini-live though so it can change with time.

I think it will be a bit awkward seeing them as trainees when they're *THAT* good, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they will grow and developed. I disagree with the notion that they are all "ready" and that it doesn't fit AKB. They are very talented at first, it's true, but there is always room to improve! So I am very content with 18th generation overall. They are all very pretty as well, with beautiful proportions and model-like faces. It's possible that this is the prettiest AKB48 generation on the first reveal.

I can already see Sae-chan being popular with overseas fans as she's currently the only AKB member that is fluent in English, I'm looking forward to interacting with her :)
    Also, Yuichi is really impressive, I can sense the "centre" and "ace" aura emanating from her!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Motomura Aoi
    They look nice, but I still prefer the bombshells of 17gen.

The more, the merrier though (for us, at least)

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    To be quite honest, 17ki looks better to me. Overall.

EDIT: It seems Kudo Kasumi is an acquaintance of Yamada Kyoka. Kyokatamu knows everyone, literally.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

18-ki is better in visuals and skills, but 17-ki has more diversity in idol types. So I look forward to the competition between 17-ki and 18-ki. [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. primermicarrucha

primermicarrucha Future Girls

there's no comparison for me. if i didn't know any better i'd say the new gen looks like girls who are about to announce graduation. that's their aura for me. no spark. *sad trumpet noises*

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Moomin

Moomin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Jaokhem
    Good performance, maybe I got fished by Saechan, Kohi, and Yumemin.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I watched their intro show (the YouTube part only), and I find them nice! Overall they're good. I think the fact that they're 8 is a good idea considering that people are still learning about 17th gen and it's better not to have too many new faces at once. Now we have 18 KKS in total!

I was surprised that they performed Ne mo Ha mo Rumor as a first song o_o They did really well, they're already very good at dancing! it made me realize that being an AKB kenkyuusei nowadays is such a different thing than how it was in the past. They look like they've been members for a long time already with this confidence and skills! (I admit I miss the times when kenkyuusei were a bit lost and innocent and when they performed songs like Romance Kakurenbo etc. lol but I guess... we have Kokko for this? XD)

For now it's still too early for me to say who gets my attention but I did notice some members like Kasumi, she looks good. then Yui, she's cute! and she actually reminds me of Yuiyui... I also find Yuna nice. Sae too... and everyone else seems good as well, I'll have to see more of them before I decide who I like the most in this gen ^^

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I agree with everyone that I was really wowed by their talent. The dancing in the Namida no Hyomen performance was so good I couldn’t believe they were brand new members. That performance was honestly better than what a large portion of the current members could do.

And some of them have great vocals too!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dokuro3313

Dokuro3313 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka, Kojiharu
    I see Narita Kohino & Kubo Hinano being next gen aces.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mana

Mana Under Girls

So I watched the NicoNico part now and it definitely made me know the girls a little better lol. My favorites end up being the same girls that I mentioned in my previous post. But now it's confirmed (well we're still in just the first day so of course this could change anytime haha). I like Kasumi and Yuna the most for now *-* and then Yui *-* So it's these 3 for now ^^ <3

• Like Like x 2
  19. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    hehe I like Sae and Yuichi *-*

• Like Like x 3
  20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Here is a little poll where everyone can vote for the 18th gen members who caught your attention the most on the first day!
    This is just for the first impressions after the intro ;D Multiple votes are allowed! https://strawpoll.com/polls/Q0ZpRd3YEnM

• Like Like x 3