Single AKB48 21st [Everyday, Kachuusha] 11/05/25

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by aakun, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Re: [SINGLE] AKB48 - 21st Single [Everyday, Kachuusha] - 5/2

I think it would be unfair and bias to include factors like quality of music.

Boohoo, an idol group beat Namonaki Uta's record.

So what? They beat the record in terms of SALES. Why the need to put down AKB's musicality (ok, sorry, that statement is more of a reaction towards anti-akb comments I've read in JPop sites).

Oricon's chart is simply about sales, period. NOT quality, talent, and not even a good measure of general popularity.

2. teddbear55

teddbear55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyasumadoka

Just because you don't think the quality of this single is good, doesn't mean everyone else does. A lot of people really like this single. So not everyone shares your opinion of 'not so good single'.

3. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

Yeah, I'm really really loving this single now - it's all I'm playing recently. For that reason I think this single does deserve it's sales (of course :hehe: ) It's a pretty solid single IMHO. I've also been learning the dance (DID I ENTHUSE YOU ALL ON HOW EPIC A DANCE IT IS? :awesome: ) and it's so fun <3

4. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

BTW, stuff like music quality is subjective. If it were about who's the best technical singer or composer charts would be very different.

5. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

artist chart and idol chart,problem solved

6. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

^ Idols aren't artists, and anything not Idol is an artist ?
    What's the definition of an artist ?
    Are songs art or not art depending of who sing them ?

7. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

At the end of the day, someone still wrote these songs and that someone will still earn from composing/writing this single.

&

I also say, it's not the fact that people buy multiple copies, it's the fact that people WANT to buy multiple copies. you know?

8. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire

I noticed that Anti wasn't in the lyrics archive already and decided to attempt translating it out of sheer boredom and this feeling that I've been neglecting Japanese for too long. Sorry if someone has done it already or if this is the wrong section to be posting this. My Japanese is somewhat remedial but if no one else has done this yet, I figure it's better than nothing, so yeah. I'm sure there's some mistakes and I'm really not sure if I understood the meaning of 「見えない背中を手鏡で見るように」 but hopefully it's not completely awful.

9. Saya

Saya Kenkyuusei

^There's a lyrics thread for this kind of stuff, too lazy to check if Anti is up there though

Made some corrections to your translation is that's alright with you

10. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire

^ Thanks. Most of my trouble stems from knowing what things mean but not knowing how I can make it sound okay in English which is why I would be terrible at QCing. "To me they are scary but kind" is so much of a more obviously better choice than what I went with that I laughed when I read it.

Oh and I wasn't aware of there being a lyrics thread since I rarely leave the News section here. If a mod could move the post there or something, that would be cool.

Edit: It looks like it has been translated in the lyrics thread already. Ah well.

11. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

You know what the funniest thing is? Once the election is over all those CDS will start appearing on eBay and Yahoo! Auctions Japan [hehe]

What about those who started out as Idols and them moved to artists later on in their career? (Hamasaki Ayumi, Goto Maki, Utada Hikaru, Namie Amuro, etc.)

Kay

12. PoIyrhythm

PoIyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Utada was never an idol. She debuted as a singer/songwriter from the start. But otherwise, I agree. Idol/artist chart sounds like a half-baked idea.

13. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

THIS [rock]

And I have a simple solution to the crisis a few posts above me
    Kill every musical artist in Japan that isn't AKB48 related forcing EVERYONE in Japan to only buy 48 related singles which will improve sales tremendously and multiple copies wouldn't be a problem because your basically buying CDs from the same group all the time :awesome:

14. ET920

ET920 Member

Thanks for bringing the subjective discussion here so that I don't need to look it somewhere else :awesome: So, you don't want to count plain numbers, but instead you want to measure quality. Ok, that is easy. Heavy Rotation is a better song than Beginner. Why? Because it ended first in the Request 2011. Hmm... not happy? Well, let's see, A6 really sucks because in the Request Hour, it was the stage with the least song. More? Team B has had the best stage songs twice already, Shonichi and Team B Oshi.

The ranking, as they are, are fine. They measure sales, and as long as the copies are sold, it doesn't matter if it was just one person buying a million copies or a million persons buying one copy each. For example, a single sells a few copies on release, and gets a discount, then sales some more. According to you, those sales after the discount should not be the same as the sales with the original price. And suppose the shop starts doing a 2x1 offer, if someone picks another single and that one, that second single shouldn't count at all. Suppose I buy the CD but throw away the disc, I am only interested in the cover; that wouldn't count either because I am not listening to it... want the nonsense to continue? :awesome:

15. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

They're already everywhere on Amazon.jp [hehe]

I bought a lot of theatre versions off there [clap]

16. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

ya I know,just saying,its too hard to define some of them,such as EXILE,are they idols or artists?
    so we should simply like okay they all selling music cds,lets chart them together :)

and about the number,I think we all have to admit that quality is not that important nowadays...

17. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

I think the only way to solve the Criss dilemma is to track individual customers.

I don't think people have a problem with the quality of music but more like... it doesn't feel like people are buying the CD for the CD.

For example, if I packaged a CD with a genuine $100 bill and sold it for $20, I'd break records left and right but then it's not really about the CD, is it? I can see why some people are distressed about it.

But the thing is I really the song, lol. And I don't even count since I'm buying a theater version just because I like the cover, so it's not registered in Oricon sales.

Maybe the whole system is whack anyway.

Hahah =)

18. miruss87

miruss87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Rabutan 4eva ~

and also a trick to make people BUY the single, not just downloading the song.
    if random group release the single with voting ticket and handshake ticket, could they achieve what AKB achieve right now? seriously it's all about genius marketing strategy, no matter how good your product is, if marketed poorly, you will stay behind from your competitor. people should look how the management promote +++48 brand from zero to something BIG like now and learn from it. and yeah I proud with the numbers and the girls too, they deserved it, they working hard to achieve until this level, it's not like they just sitting there, do nothing, and suddenly can sell million. it took dedication from both side, idols and fans. to the haters, your favorite singers/idols can reach million too, no problem with that, what you all need to do is BUY the damn single!

19. shattering

shattering Kenkyuusei

AKB single sales came from sales of regular version, first press version and theater version.
    Theater version are version of singles that you can buy only from chara-ani and the purchase is by lottery. The purpose of the lottery is to chose which member you want to handshake with (in case the event is handshake, there were photo event on Sakura no Shiori last year and sign event on kamikyokutachi album last year).
    Usually, the available member for handshake are AKB48 all member, SKE48 member who is involved in the singles and SDN48 member. This time all members of AKB, SKE, NMB and SDN are available for purchase.

Another thing, usually for famous member they had up to 6 periode of handshake, and now they added 1 more periode.

To put is simply, just from the theater sales they got a lot more than before (and I mean a LOT). Not to mention a lot of people are buying theater version and also first press and/or regular just so they can vote (there are no voting serial number on the theater version)

I've been talking also with my friends here, a lot of them also speculate that the number of fans are not as much as the number of sales. We speculate maybe the fans are only as much as 50.000 people in kantou area and another 50.000 people outside of kantou(There's no way to actually count this, we just speculate). I agree with them, looking at the handshake event of Kachusya last week in Tokyo. The number of people who came there are about 12.000 people. I went to national handshake event last year (Sakura no Shiori) and the number of fans are almost the same, around 10.000 people. And before you argue about the rain, it was also raining when I went to the event last year.

I've seen many people here bought as much as 20-30 Theater version and then also buying the normal one as much as 10 before Kachusya single(I saw it with my own eyes several times). I myself has bought 6 of the Theater CD just so I can handshake with Nakanishi Yuka of SKE48. For previous singles, I always bought a minimum of 3 CD's for Sashihara Rino. My biggest purchase was SKE48 1!2!3!4!Yoroshiku, which I bought 11 CD Theater and 2 Regular Version. So with a small number of fans they can get a high number of sales.

Oh yes, don't forget the ticket scalper, the person who bought so many CD just to sell the tickets inside on the auction, there are a lot of them here in Japan. 1 CD is 1600 yen, and they sell on the auction for 1 handshake ticket 1000 yen and serial number for voting also 1000 yen minimum.

For me, and my friends here at least, we're not so proud to have that much of sales. We're happy of course, but the sales does not reflect how the song is good or not, it just because of the bonus inside. Namonaki Uta at the time doesn't have handshake ticket or voting inside just to make 1 person bought multiple number of CDs.

20. Saya

Saya Kenkyuusei

^But also a lot of people live far away from Handshake events. Most of them are in Tokyo, and even the National Handshake Tour is only in a few cities (and they never go to Hokkaido). For example Miyazaki is about 4 hours away by train to Fukuoka where the nearest hand shake event it. I might do that if I have the money and time too, but I certainly wouldn't go all the way to Tokyo just to shake someone's hand. Maybe someone might do it once, but not all the time.
    I only buy 1 CD. For Kachuusha I bought 2 only because it's the election single, but that's it. Plus a lot of people just download it. I think they have more than just 100,000 fans. Most of them are just casual fans. I don't think most people buy multiple copies as well. And there are fans who don't even buy the CD at all. Lol I'm probably wrong though. Just my thoughts since everyone I know in Japan seems to know about/like AKB, and none of them are from Tokyo, or even Kanto for that matter.