Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. bustergol

bustergol Kenkyuusei

2. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    @MayuMK30048 and also tiring, seeing those girl jump around in the back and then go back to their position again..fuwah.

3. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

@MayuMK30048
    I'm sure they're pretty happy with the sales, it's at 1.2 million, which I think is the highest ever sakura single. Also, basically all the divisiveness and whining about this single is coming from this website/foreign fans only. I've see literally nothing different from previous singles to this single from fan reactions on 2ch. Nobody really going crazy over the center, the extra events, the grads, the pv, or the stupid choreography, there is complaining, but definitely nothing more than the usual that comes with every single. Nothing at all like on this site.

4. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

I agree.

I, personally, don't care Sakura (or any other other sister group members) centering an AKB single. The 1.2 million is damn good. Lord knows how much it would have sold without the graduates/the natsu matsuri tickets (Kuchibiru 900k first week sales, anyone?). 300K more sales is really good considering the state AKB in right now.

All I want is more representation of AKB members in AKB single. I'm not talking about the A side single. Just B sides, team songs. That's it. I don't care how many sister group members in the A side senbatsu but for the sake of anything decent, give the theater girls something to participate in their own group's release.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Punkish

Punkish Kenkyuusei

In this forum we hate almost everything except our favourites girls things.

Thats the way we roll. :awesome:

• Like Like x 1
  6. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I can see your point. I do feel like stuff like the NogiAKB unit, while good, is completely unnecessary.

I'm sure we'll get team songs with the next single. But for the other ones, it'd be so great to have stuff like Mushi Kago each time with different girls

7. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    The most controversial issue on 2ch about this single was the inclusion of the graduates (1) (2). Most importantly, the young AKB members were vocal about their opposition (Takahashi Juri, Kojima Mako, Okada Nana) among other places in their mobames.

Another huge issue (as usual) was the continued debate over sister group participation and demands for an AKB-only single. A demand that has been rejected by management repeatedly. There was a heated debate about Miyawaki in particular (1) (2) becoming center as a sister group member. This was answered with the predictable demand for a full transfer of Miyawaki to AKB48 by Sakura fans. A demand that has been made by them for a while now. Incidentally, there was even a false rumor about her supposed transfer to AKB and a few days later a fan confronted Miyawaki with that idea. And she basically said that's impossible. A stance that Miyawaki has repeated in a magazine interview 'A transfer is impossible!'.

The MV was largely welcomed I guess, but the opinion on the song itself was divided for various reasons (1) (2) (3). It's true though that I have seen barely anyone complaining about the awkward choreography.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    I honestly think, despite Sakura's opposition, she would fare much better as an AKB48 member with an HKT48 kennin instead of the other way around. I think it makes so much more sense, considering her push in HKT singles vs in AKB singles. She's been in every single since LabuReti (and was in two singles prior to that) and of the 10 AKB A-sides she was in, she was center of 1 and wcenter of another. In comparison, she's only been wcenter of one HKT A-side and Haruppi is usually prioritized in HKT.

9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Pretty much. And it's a total of about 3 people that are making the majority of the noise and going on and on about it ad nauseam.

10. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Yeah 3 people wrote 184 pages. I understand.

Also, stage48 wasn't the only place that didn't like aspects of this single. Twitter, tumblr and facebook were equally vocal, if not even more vocal.

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That doesn't mean it wasn't the same users. The Western community is very small.

I think the single did very well saleswise. It's up there with singles from the golden years, even though they're now doing the double number of events.

12. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

11 types + OG +Nogi ....well done management :)

13. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    This forum has 20.000 members.

There are not only Western overseas fans though. In fact the most fans are from Asia. By far.

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Is non-Japanese a better term then? lol

Anyway, in the end, what management cares about is the money they get back and the publicity they gain.
    The graduates, Sakura, Nogi and the rest are there to be talked about. Good or bad, be talked about is important.

And in the end, most (Japanese) fans probably bought their usual share of singles.
    I'm sure there are tons of Sakura-haters, but I doubt that stopped them from buying the single and meeting their oshi.
    That's what management cares about, the rest? Probably not so much.

15. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Overseas fans.

16. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Some of those are probably people banned for troublemaking who re-subscribed.

17. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Even a big ass "overseas" "fan base", still won't help sales. More divided than supportive. Management doesn't care, just bring that "overseas" money. :cool:

IMO

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  18. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Mad props for all the sources and citations <3 This is how a view is well delivered.

Either way.. I'm tired of this single and tired of talking about it, lol. There was so much hype..three months of it... and there wasn't enough substance to sustain that for me.

I'm already checking back daily for news about #44 HAHA. The SSK-ticket single is consistently my absolute favorite. Not only do the a-sides always get stuck in my head, but they ALWAYS have great b-sides :)

19. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^I agree, I hope we can get an announcement about the 44th single at Takamina's graduation concert.

20. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

I think we already will see the live of the new single at this time